PDA

View Full Version : Maryland Basketball

KLJ
03-04-01, 08:46 AM
did any basketball fans see md open up a can of whoopass on virginia? 102-67!!! 35 point victory..

espn said md is a sleeper to get to the final 4.. fill in your brackets now folks.. md is going to the final dance..

now, to make it a perfect weekend.. let's hope north carolina beats the snot out of duke..

Winger03
03-05-01, 07:55 AM
KLJ: All is good in Garyland this week. Another 20 wins. Now, get us past the sweet 16!!!!

Also, did you see, as soon as Kornheiser wrote a nice article on the Caps, they lost a couple in a row.

PettittesPrincess
03-05-01, 10:58 AM
Well Duke won thank god! But my picks for the final four are :
Duke, Arizona, Notre Dame, Stanford.... depending on how the brackets are set up.

Jim F.
03-05-01, 11:03 AM
My sister graduated from UMD, so I've always kind of followed the terps :)

-jim

KLJ
03-05-01, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Jim F.
My sister graduated from UMD, so I've always kind of followed the terps :)

-jim

sweet!!! another terp fan... from the look of the number of replies to this post, there aren't to many on here..

we need the support people!!!!

#1PaFan
03-05-01, 04:35 PM
I've kinda followed the Terps too. Hey KLJ, do you remember Greg Manning? He played from '78-'81 along with Albert King, Buck Williams, Reggie Jackson (not THAT Reggie, of course).
Lefty Driesell was still the coach then. Greg went to the same high school as me-he had a helluva shot.

I thought that team had a real shot at winning it all.

KLJ
03-06-01, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by #1PaFan
I've kinda followed the Terps too. Hey KLJ, do you remember Greg Manning? He played from '78-'81 along with Albert King, Buck Williams, Reggie Jackson (not THAT Reggie, of course).
Lefty Driesell was still the coach then. Greg went to the same high school as me-he had a helluva shot.

I thought that team had a real shot at winning it all.

i'm not as familiar with that era.. i really started getting into them in the early 80's with len bias, kieth gatling and then the lewis brothers..

been a huge fan ever since.. williams really brouth this program back to life after the debocle known as bob wade.. i say this every year, but i really feel like this team can do something this tourney.. something seems different..

KLJ
03-10-01, 07:29 AM
WE did it again!!!!!

1 down and 2 to go... who cares if those 2 teams happen to be duke and north carolina.. this is maryland's year...

duke already knows who their daddy is.. we beat them once and should of kicked their ass twice.. they don't want any part of md..

Ansky39
03-10-01, 04:09 PM
i'm a johnnies fan, but since i moved to the dc, md, va area, i've been pullin for the terps too... i just think their coach is an idiot, but they always seem to have the talent...

i got twenty ridin on today's game against duke, GO TERPS!!!!!

Jim F.
03-10-01, 04:28 PM
The terps were competitive in the first half, but now they're down by 12. It's a good game nonetheless...

-jim

KLJ
03-10-01, 05:19 PM
i hate duke..

i hate roach k

CJM
03-10-01, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by KLJ
i hate duke..

i hate roach k

That was some game.

PettittesPrincess
03-10-01, 05:28 PM
Yay I like Duke.. I think COACH K is a good coach and Shane Battier is awesome.

MAFIA
03-11-01, 08:38 AM
DUKE RULES! LETS beat CAROLINA today, beating the TERPS was sweet, that loss at CAMERON was hard to take, this game is gonna be tough and tight as usual, both had tough games yesterday, I hope the energy is still kicking.

#1PaFan
03-11-01, 08:47 AM
That was a helluva game. It was certainly a lot better than what happened to Penn State! They looked like world beaters against Michigan State and come out totally flat against Iowa.

MAFIA
03-11-01, 09:04 AM
PA I was pulling for PENN ST. , glad they beat MICHIGAN ST. that was a sweet victory. I want a DUKE-MICHIGAN ST. matchup, I cannot stand the SPATRANS.

MAFIA
03-11-01, 02:13 PM
JUST manhandled CAROLINA W/ease, a sweet win, CAROLINA is done.

PettittesPrincess
03-11-01, 06:29 PM
Damn that was hardly a game......

koko
03-12-01, 03:08 PM
That's what they said last year abotu Carolina, but in the end, Dook was watching UNC on TV in the Final 4...

As far as Maryland goes, don't fall into the Gary Williams trap when you're filling out your brackets! Every year they do this and they're a 2 win and done team. Lock em up for the Sweet 16 and send them home.