PDA

View Full Version : Ok, this really bothered me...

Jenifer
02-18-00, 08:50 PM
Once again, I was lurking over at the Red Sox chat and reading what was going on. There were some heckling Yankees fans, and there wasn't a problem (just the ANNOYING Yank-me bs (GET ORIGINAL, DAMMIT!!!)). After a while, however, this Yankees fan comes on and announces that he heard on CNN that Nomar Garciaparra was killed. This guy logs on with about 5 different names talking about how Nomar is dead and was murdered by his gay lover. I was incredibly angered by this and thought it was in completely poor taste. I actually felt embarassed that this guy called himself a Yankees fan. Ugh. I had to vent.

Cheers,
Jenifer

------------------
When I'm all alone and no-one else is there waiting by the phone to remind me I'm still here...when shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall, and I'm left wondering is it really worth it all, there's a peace inside us all. Let it be your friend. It will help you carry on in the end. There's a peace inside us all...
- Creed

orangemom
02-19-00, 08:59 AM
Well, that's pretty disgusting. Unfortunately there is no intelligence test required to buy a computer. You can just log on and do or say whatever you seem to feel is funny, especially when someone has had a couple too many brews, regardless of how much in poor taste it is, or how stupid you sound.

------------------
President and founder of the Ansky39 fan club
I Haven't Lost My Mind, It's Backed Up On Disk Somewhere

meggie918
02-19-00, 10:26 AM
People like that are a disgrace to humanity, let alone Yankee fans. I would have immediately given him the hook.

------------------

Ambassador of Goodwill
of The Ansky39 Fan Club

seahorse
02-19-00, 05:55 PM
Although I've never actually met any I've heard that there are some rude people out there who call themselves Yankee fans. The last one was spotted about 40 years ago in the Brazilian rain forest. Now we have had another sighting. Reports of the specie's demise are therefore incorrect. Be wary if you encounter one face to face. Don't make any sudden moves or look them in the eye.

------------------
A39FC
Best GoYanks!

CalifYanksFan
02-19-00, 06:26 PM
Jen ~ Forest Gump said it best. "Stupid is as stupid does." Unfortunately, in every walk and area of life there are complete deadheads, who got as much brains as a bb in a box car. Yankee fans are no different. All we can do is condemn their actions and try to uphold Yankee honor by being a good forumer. http://www.Bronx-Bombers.com/ubb/mad.gif

------------------
Russ
BTHLs PAL in CAL
Official Ambassador from the Left Coast

CalifYanksFan.com (http://www.geocities.com/ocdaman/CalifYanksFan.html?946423243120)

Bluesexy's daddy
02-22-00, 12:55 AM
Somebody got carried away.

I do not frequent any Boston sites but if I did I would not invent any dilemas. If I wanted to torture those poor defenseless creatures I would just elude to the truth. Not the entire truth mind you, I wouldn't want to give them a stroke.

In Boston the truth hurts enough.

------------------
If you don't like the YANKEES go to another sight.

Superunknown
02-22-00, 01:27 AM
That's just sickening. And it's even worse coming from someone who calls himself a Yankee fan. What's his problem? Does he need attention that badly? Didn't his mommy hold him enough when he was a baby?

I guess he got bored with pulling the wings off flies.

------------------
"Individuality is the arm of political liberty" -- James Fenimore Cooper