PDA

View Full Version : Jim's Forum Tip Of The Day!

Jim F.
02-28-01, 02:46 PM
This software is the best in the industry, and has some of the most cutting edge features available. Since most of you have probably never used this particular software before, I figured I'd start a "Tip of the day" post, to make navigating these forums the best possible experience for you.

Here's the first one:

If you click on this image: http://forums.bronx-bombers.com/images/firstnew.gif next to a topic title, or inside of the topic itself, it will take you directly to the first unread post in that thread :).

Hope this helps!

-jim

Jim F.
02-28-01, 02:48 PM
Tip #2:

If you look at the last post time in a thread, you will see who the last person to reply to that thread was. By clicking on their name, you will be taken directly to their post!

-jim

Lefty Gomez
02-28-01, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the tips Jim. I'll be coming to this thread regularly to help me find my way around. On this new (to me) board, I feel like I usually do when I come to Manhattan from up in the woods as I step out onto 42nd Street at the Port Authority! Bewildered! But, I'm resilient. Glad to be here, hope I don't cause you too much trouble LOL

Jim F.
02-28-01, 05:00 PM
I'm always here to help, too! Just let me know if you have any questions!

-jim

Lefty Gomez
03-02-01, 10:37 AM
Okay Jim, time to tip us newcomers again when you get a minute, I think I've got a handle on the pointdownarrowthingy.

Jim F.
03-02-01, 11:00 AM
Hmmm, there are so many great features, I'm not sure which to talk about next...

-jim

Jim F.
03-02-01, 12:03 PM
Okay, if you've read all the posts in the forums, but the indicators still say that there are unread posts - click on the "Mark all forums read" link at the top of the main forum page. That will turn off all new post indicators.

-jim

NYYFAN
06-15-03, 07:07 PM
Come on Jim, more great tips please...:D

Yankchic22
06-26-03, 12:02 PM
Any more hints, Jim? They were kind of amusing!

Jim F.
06-27-03, 01:24 PM
Sure. if you enter the administration screen, and search for users under the category "Soon to be nuked", what two names appear?

NYYFAN and Yankchic22

;)

-jim

Yankchic22
07-01-03, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Jim F.
Sure. if you enter the administration screen, and search for users under the category "Soon to be nuked", what two names appear?

NYYFAN and Yankchic22

;)

-jim

And here I was being serious.....

Thats the last compliment you get Jim.

Alex
07-09-03, 12:14 AM
Man - I should visit this forum more often - these are great tips!

Buckeye Yank
07-09-03, 02:48 PM

NYYFAN and Yankchic22

;)

-jim

LMAO!!!!!! Mark is getting nuked for bumping old threads!!!

Bozidar
07-09-03, 03:14 PM

NYYFAN and Yankchic22

;)

-jim Really? cool! :) I checked it out, and i have to say -- there's room for improvement.

Perhaps you could add a button next to the names on the list: "Nuke Account Now", or something. You know, for easy handling..

BronxBaumer
07-10-03, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Bozidar
Really? cool! :) I checked it out, and i have to say -- there's room for improvement.

Perhaps you could add a button next to the names on the list: "Nuke Account Now", or something. You know, for easy handling..

:lol: Brian, you're bad... :bad-ass: