PDA

View Full Version : Welcome!

Jim F.
02-28-01, 10:08 AM
Hello everyone - if you've yet to post on this forum, please go ahead and introduce yourself here! Welcome!

-jim

penguin4
02-28-01, 02:05 PM
Once again, Jim, you're an absolute GENIUS for making a separate forum to absorb most of the JC posts today!!:)
Go you!

Grace
02-28-01, 05:05 PM
Hi and welcome aboard to all :)

MyAndy46
02-28-01, 05:39 PM
Hi everyone. I just registered. I used to post on the bulletin board at the Yankee site as Michele. This is quite a change.
Question-how do you post a players pic under your user name? I like that feature.

recess
02-28-01, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by MyAndy46
Hi everyone. I just registered. I used to post on the bulletin board at the Yankee site as Michele. This is quite a change.
Question-how do you post a players pic under your user name? I like that feature.

Ya gotta have 400 posts to choose an avatar.
Click on the FAQ

If I could I would use this one:

Butnud
03-02-01, 03:40 PM
Hey Jim you should combine the post earlier about the one were you said to start a post of your own or something like that. It is still in Intrduction.

Peace Out!

love2dj
03-06-01, 02:25 PM
I just wanted to say Hi to all of you fellow Yankee fans!!! It's great to see so many familiar forumers!! ;) :NY: :NY: :cool: :cool:

Marge
03-10-01, 07:42 AM
Hey, gang: I've been lurking over at the "new, improved" Yankees site, and because of problem after problem trying to post, have finally given up.
I'm glad to see some old names from the old (remember Bob Sheppard's voice welcoming us to the site?) forum!
I feel like I"m home!

Alex
03-10-01, 03:46 PM
How long has this site had this new look? I love all of these new features. Anyway, it looked so good, that I had to register.

If I never see that MLB Yankees.com site again, it'll be too soon. I was stuck in this Kafka-esque loop trying to log in and post a message. Incredibly frustrating.

Anyway, I'm sorry to say that I had never bothered to look in here. I was a poster at the original Yankees.com board, but almost all the old-timers from that board are gone.

Jim F.
03-10-01, 04:21 PM
This site has had several major design changes. This overall design came about during the playoffs last fall, and it's been refined since then. Overall, it is the 3rd design that this site has had, and the first that I'm 100% happy with - that's why it hasn't changed yet ;). And I'm sure I'll find something I don't like about it sooner or later...

-jim

Yankeefan15
03-11-01, 01:58 PM
I am new to this board as well. I am a Yankee fan living in the western part of Mass, the heart of Red Sox country! As you can tell by the user name Thurman was my favorite Yankee as a kid playing ball. Baseball is very near and dear to my heart as I have been umpiring games since I was 15 years old.It's how I participate now because I don't have time to play in a mens league. Hope this site is as good as my friends told me it was... Anyway HELLO ALL!

yankeesfan
03-12-01, 11:31 PM
Hi to all you Yanks fans out there. I am newly registered and am checking out the site. I am one of the biggest Yankees fans in the Deep South.

God Bless the Yanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marge
03-13-01, 06:01 AM
Just wanted to let the PTB know that the "Photos" feature is really appreciated; I've appropriated several of them for wallpaper...
Go Yanks! Go Paul!

YanKsWo
03-17-01, 11:48 AM
Hi... I am new... My name is YanKsWo. I Know alot about baseball and will post alot.

:lol:

oakie
03-18-01, 12:23 PM
Just as many of you, I have come here from Yankees.com. Trying to get used to the new way of doing things around here! It is great to see some of the old names I grew to know and love. It is also great to see discussion and not so much bashing. Looking forward to a good season and readings from everyone. Talk to all soon!

BrianNYYanks
03-20-01, 07:38 PM
Thank cary for showing me the way!

Yanks23fan
03-23-01, 10:38 AM
Hello everyone I am a HUGE Yankee fan. My favorite Yankee is Don Mattingly, but I also like #46 and the late and great #4. I would love to talk Yankees baseball with anyone here.
:NY::NY: :D

Chris
03-23-01, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by BrianNYYanks
Thank cary for showing me the way!

My pleasure, I'm glad you're here.
Have a seat can I get you a beer?

Mean Linguine
03-26-01, 06:45 PM
Hi Jim. As you can tell by my sign-in name, I'm Italian-American. Have followed the Yanks since 1973, when my favorite player was Bobby Murcer and I thought the announcers were calling Thurman Munson "Herman Munster."
Live on the border of NJ and PA and attend 15-20 games a year. Love your site, it's the best one I've seen on the Yanks.

JoeCool#6
03-28-01, 02:10 PM
Hello fellow Yankees fans! Jim, this is an awesome site -- I am thrilled to be a new member. Looking forward to participating in endless discussions about yet another winning season our Yankees are about to have...

Bern51
03-28-01, 07:47 PM
Far from new, but it seems this way since it's been 13 + months since my last visit!

JeanC
04-04-01, 09:40 AM
Welcome everyone! Enjoy BB! Its a fantastic forum to get to know other Yankee Fans! And also to talk about our favorite Yankees! My alltime Favorite is Roger Maris! My current favorites are the whole Yankee team including Tino & Paulie & Chuck & Bro & Justice & Clemmens &........

:D

# 21 Forever
04-06-01, 10:45 PM
Hi! I just found this website tonight. It's great to find a place where Yankee fans can gather and chat. My name is Kathy and I have been a Yankees' fan my whole life. I love them win or lose ( although it's alot more fun when they win ). As you probably can tell Paul O'Neill is my favorite player. My daughter says I'm worse than she is about 98 Degrees. When Paul comes up to the plate whole family knows it. I hope we can have alot of great discussions here. Anyway GO YANKEES!!!!!!

BamaYankee
04-15-01, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by Jim F.
Hello everyone - if you've yet to post on this forum, please go ahead and introduce yourself here! Welcome!

-jim

# 21 Forever
04-15-01, 01:14 PM
Hi BamaYankee. Welcome!

Shel
04-15-01, 02:56 PM
I have been totally lax in welcoming newcomers to this board. People were kind enough to welcome me when I registered here back in December, so shame on me for not welcoming those folks who registered since then. But I've been hesitant to join the "welcoming committee" because I didn't know how die-hard Yankees fans would react to a newbie Yankees fan :NY: :) :NY: who still sometimes sort of roots for the Orioles :eek: :o but is liking the Yankees more and more every day.
:moose:

Anyway, welcome everyone!!

# 21 Forever
04-15-01, 04:04 PM
Don't worry about it Shel all Yankee fans are welcome here, new or old!

sanfranciscojetergirl
04-18-01, 09:16 AM
To all the newcomers, Welcome to the best Yankee Forum in the world. We have fun here and we love our team. And to #21 Forever, as you can see from my name who is my Yankee player is and my god-kids are telling me the same thing and when Jeter is up at bat they all look at me !!!!! It is so much fun going thru this again ....I LOVE IT

peace1013
04-26-01, 11:14 PM
Hi everyone! I'm new here too! It should be fun talking about the Yanks with all of you!:)

# 21 Forever
04-27-01, 07:00 AM
Welcome peace! Glad to have you here!

peace1013
04-27-01, 11:01 AM
Thanks #21! Paulie is by far my favorite too.

StantonFan
05-10-01, 09:42 AM
Hey everyone! I'm new here too. I've been a Yankees fan since 1996 (don't know why I didn't become one sooner!) and, as you can tell by my screen name, I'm a huge fan of Mike Stanton (with Luis Sojo following a close second). I finally got to go to my first Yankees game on opening day this year, and, despite the fact that I didn't get to see Mike in action on the field (I did manage to catch a glimpse of him in the bullpen), I had a great time! I can't wait to go back to the stadium again this summer.

Wow, I'm so glad I found this site; I'm really looking forward to being here! GO YANKS!!!!

Chris
05-10-01, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by StantonFan

Wow, I'm so glad I found this site; I'm really looking forward to being here! GO YANKS!!!!

I'm glad you did also and I like your choices of favorite players.

Welcome and jump right in

You should start your own post in this "Introductions"section, so that everyone has a chane to say hi and get a quick intro.

Jimbo
05-12-01, 05:29 PM
Greetings and welcome to Yankee fans nirvana StantonFan!

:cool: :smokin: :cool:

# 21 Forever
05-13-01, 09:59 AM
Welcome to the forum StantonFan!

JeanC
05-20-01, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by Shel
I have been totally lax in welcoming newcomers to this board. People were kind enough to welcome me when I registered here back in December, so shame on me for not welcoming those folks who registered since then. But I've been hesitant to join the "welcoming committee" because I didn't know how die-hard Yankees fans would react to a newbie Yankees fan :NY: :) :NY: who still sometimes sort of roots for the Orioles :eek: :o but is liking the Yankees more and more every day.

Anyway, welcome everyone!!

Shel Dont Worry Youve been here for soo long that you are one of us :moose: fans you just have your preference of the Orioles though we are sloooooowly winning you over !!!!

Marge
05-20-01, 05:22 AM
Welcome to all the new guys and gals on the block!
This is the absolutely BEST Yankee site in cyberspace, bar none, so take a stroll around the neighborhood, get acclimated and start posting!
But, wait a sec: take your shoes off before you walk on the rug, please.

GOYS
05-21-01, 05:07 PM
Hello everyone, my names Jose, I just started posting here, i never posted before(registered in Feburary) because i saw how all the guys and ladies you have here are so informative, i couldn't imagine how I'd be able to post with all of you. But I've started, and I know I'll learn a lot from everyone in the forum.

Since this is a baseball forum, I'll tell you what I throw. I throw a fastball, circle changeup, Splitter, Curveball, and the occasional specialty knuckleball that i just got down today. I am currently working on throwing a Screwball. Wish me all luck, if im good enough, I might be wearing the pinstripes one day...

# 21 Forever
05-21-01, 05:18 PM
Welcome to the forum Jose! You'll love it here and we always enjoy new members. Good luck with your pitching!

Marge
05-21-01, 06:15 PM
Jose! A budding NY Yankee!
Good luck with your pitching; hard work is what determines talent, so work at it and watch the great ones.
I hope you post often!

SVT Cobra
06-01-01, 06:03 PM
I'm a little new :) I love this forum though :) (I saw the link on the vBulletin.com Forums)

Spin

JeanC
06-02-01, 08:18 AM
Welcome Spinwheelz! See your from my part of the State! :D
Hope you get your wish of going to San Fran some day though thats where my kids love it too!

Ill be looking for your posts!

Will you be going to the Yankees-Angels Games Out here?
A whole bunch of will be!

JeanC

JeanC
06-02-01, 08:21 AM
Also A Warm Welcome to Peace1013, Stanton Fan & GOYS!
Hope you enjoy this place & keep posting! Ill be sure to look for your posts/replys to answer them!

Enjoy!

# 21 Forever
06-03-01, 05:45 PM
Welcome Spinwheelz! You'll enjoy everyone here! Have fun posting!

SueB
06-05-01, 05:26 PM
Hello everyone!

I have been lurking for a little while and decided to register. I grew up a Yankee fan in a house full of Mets fans, I always was the difficult one. :lol

My favorite Yankee is probably Bernie. I grew up near Oneonta and saw him play there....as well as many others. I do miss my O-Yanks.

Looking forward to posting here and meeting you all.

Jim F.
06-05-01, 05:43 PM
Welcome Sue! Glad you got everything working :).

-jim

#1PaFan
06-05-01, 05:52 PM
Welcome aboard Sue. :)

# 21 Forever
06-06-01, 07:08 AM
Welcome SueB! Hope you enjoy it here.We have a great bunch of people in this forum!

JeanC
06-06-01, 12:11 PM
Welcome Sue! We have quite a few fans on our Board Near where You Live!

Enjoy & Post On!!!

Jeanne

# 21 Forever
06-06-01, 07:08 PM
Sue,where in upstate are you from? I live in Rochester.

SueB
06-06-01, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by # 21 Forever
Sue,where in upstate are you from? I live in Rochester.

I live east of Binghamton...and just south of Oneonta.

Nice to meet you!

(Hope I did the quote thing right...still figuring out how things work)

terri2429
06-06-01, 09:50 PM
I've been reading the posts on here for a while now, and I decided the time had come for me to sign up. I've been a Yankee fan for as long as I can remember (thanks Dad!), and there's nothing I enjoy more than talking Yankee baseball with people who love them as much as I do.

Well, thanks for such a great site! I'm so happy I found it! Here's to a great season!
GO YANKS!!

Jim F.
06-06-01, 09:53 PM
Welcome Terri!

You may want to start a new thread, more people tend to see it and "meet you" that way :D.

Jim
Webmaster

JeanC
06-06-01, 10:45 PM
Hi Terri2429!!

Wow you have some great numbers! Tino is Fantastic!!!!

Hey Now That Your Here Hope to See More Of You!!!!

So Welcome Aboard & Post on!!!!1

Jeanne

# 21 Forever
06-07-01, 07:09 AM
Welcome Terri2429! Hope you enjoy it here!

Shel
06-08-01, 12:45 PM
Hello and welcome to all of the new folks! :)

AndyFan46
06-17-01, 09:16 PM
Hi everybody! :)

I'm new here and you can tell who my favorite Yankee is by my name. :D I live in Maryland so I was born an Orioles fan, but I've been a Yanks fan since the '99 World Series. It was then when I first saw Andy's stare and liked him ever since. I still root for the O's but I root for the Yanks at the same time. I hope that's okay :). The Yankees are my postseason team and I hope they still are this year! :cool:

# 21 Forever
06-17-01, 10:11 PM
Welcome AndyFan46! Hope you enjoy it here! We always are glad to have new members! :)

JeanC
06-19-01, 02:02 AM
Welcome Andyfan46!! Youll love meeting the other Andyfans here
on this site as well!

Enjoy & Post On!!!

:)

nybabygurl2
07-02-01, 09:19 AM
hey everyone! i just joined the forum the other day. :) i'm risa and i love the yankees :NY: and i think your site is great!
i love all the yankees but i would have to say DJ is my fave! but tino, chuck, moose :moose: and jorge arent far behind!
i look forward to posting here! thanx.

b-ball-lunachick
07-02-01, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by nybabygurl2
hey everyone! i just joined the forum the other day. :) i'm risa and i love the yankees :NY: and i think your site is great!
i love all the yankees but i would have to say DJ is my fave! but tino, chuck, moose :moose: and jorge arent far behind!
i look forward to posting here! thanx.

hey risa (pretty name by the way) -- welcome to bb!! Great to have you!! Happy Posting!! :)

Why not start your own thread so that everyone can see it and welcome you properly? :)

IrishDancer
07-02-01, 11:14 PM
Indeed! Welcome, Risa!

Scout
07-17-01, 01:47 PM
Hello everybody and especially DWfan! I finally did it, I joined. Here's to the Yankees and the Forum. Long may they run! :) ;) :cool:

JeanC
07-18-01, 09:46 PM
Welcome Scout! Glad to see you here! Enjoy this is the Best Place to be to Talk Yankees!

JeanC
07-18-01, 09:48 PM
Welcome Risa! Enjoy the Forum! Your Gonna love it here!

Have Fun!

yankeeholic
07-19-01, 05:58 PM
Hey you guys welcome,you will also find Yankee fans on this site to be very humorous, they make me laugh every night with their clever wit!!! So Have fun!!:cool:

IrishDancer
07-21-01, 09:41 PM
Welcome, all of you! Enjoy! :) :cool:

jg2
08-05-01, 09:54 PM
Welcome everyone who's new!! :D

go yanks,
jg2 :)

2ndnature
08-10-01, 06:01 PM
HI to All, 1st day on this site, hopefully there will be many more. Favorite Yankee, Thurman Munson. Lifetime Yankee Fan.

JeanC
08-10-01, 06:54 PM
Welcome 2ndnature! Glad to have you here!
Have fun posting on our Great BB.come Board!

Mantlemania
08-11-01, 09:24 PM
HI RISA nice to have u here in the bronx-bombers.com :gulp:

SomePrincess2
08-18-01, 02:10 PM
Hey everyone, I'm new here. I post at the yankees website fan forum, and I saw a link to here on a post there so I decided to come here. Oh, lol I forgot to say, my name is Ali and I'm from Ca. Umm, I dont really know what else to say, so that's it.

jess2
09-23-01, 02:48 PM
Welcome, Ali!:)

CMSyankeegirl2451
09-24-01, 08:31 PM
Hi everyone! I'm new here and i'm a Huge Yankee fan! My twin sister is LetsGoYankees15, so I know a lot about this already from her. So.... I hope we have alotta fun here(seems like you are already!)

jess2
09-25-01, 07:07 AM
Welcome, cms!!!:)

mikeyT
09-27-01, 02:31 PM
Hi eveyone!

TinoFan84
09-28-01, 09:53 AM
Hi! I'm new here too, so I just wanted to say hi! As you can guess, my favorite player is Tino. Has been ever since he came to the Yankees. My favorite all-time player is the late, great Thurman Munson.

I grew up watching sports with my father, who's been a Yankee fan since he was a kid (40's and 50's - he loved Mantle and Ford and Yogi) so I've heard stories all my life about the great Yankee teams.

After living through the Yankees of the 80's it's nice to have had the team we've got for the past 5 years. Hopefully they can continue their post-season dominance.

Well, just wanted to say hi, didn't mean to ramble.

bomberfan
10-19-01, 11:46 PM
I've been lurking around the boards since the spring, but finally got around to registering tonight. This is a great site and I'm happy to be a member. Hopefully there will be a lot more Yankees baseball to read, write, and talk about about this season!

Go Yanks! Beat Seattle!

:gulp:

ShaneLover
10-25-01, 05:57 PM
Hey everyone!!

I joined yesterday. My name is Gia.

Jess2 that Bruce Dickenson quote killed me. Without a doubt one of the best moments on SNL.

Getting back to the Yanks. I was literally born into Yankee-dom, my Dad was in spring training (he was drafted by the Yanks in 1962).
In 1967 he moved me & mom down to Florida to the Yankee apartments, we lived there for quite some time.
I have some great pictures of me being held by Mickey Mantle & Stan Bonson (I actually peed on Stan's bed as a baby - how lovely!!).
Roy White is a dear friend of my Dad's.
He's got some great Mantle & Maris party stories. My mom use to freak when Dad went out w/ them!!
Dad had to serve in the Army so the Yanks pulled strings to get him into the reserves, & he tore his rotator cuff in basic training. The Yanks tried to get him back (Three major surgeries) But no good. It ended his career.
But he's a Yankee for life, & I'm a Yankee kid for life, & I am so proud to say that!!
Hey maybe I'll marry Shane & there will be another Yankee in the family. (I know I'm a little nuts bear with me!!)
I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.
Go Yanks!! Only one full day to go 'till we win Sat. Nite!!

penguin4
10-25-01, 08:50 PM
Welcome Gia! You're sure to have a great time here. Great to see another Spencer fan aboard.:) (Too bad he's already married.;)) You should start your own "Introduction" topic on the forum so more people can see it!

shygirllives
10-29-01, 03:17 PM
Hi, just registered and looking forward to talking Yankees/Baseball talk with ya.

Shy

mr.roy
11-23-01, 05:47 PM
Hey Gia great story, makes me :).

Roy White is my all-time favorite Yankee.

Great to hear your Pops is a good friend. If your ever in the mood please share some of their stories.

To me Roy White was and is Mr. Yankee.

Butnud
12-01-01, 02:43 PM
hey shygirllives

theres no need to be shy around here.

good luck and welcome!

oo
03-12-03, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by # 21 Forever
Hi! I just found this website tonight. It's great to find a place where Yankee fans can gather and chat. My name is Kathy and I have been a Yankees' fan my whole life. I love them win or lose ( although it's alot more fun when they win ). As you probably can tell Paul O'Neill is my favorite player. My daughter says I'm worse than she is about 98 Degrees. When Paul comes up to the plate whole family knows it. I hope we can have alot of great discussions here. Anyway GO YANKEES!!!!!! :lol: Belated welcome