PDA

View Full Version : Most Memorable Moment

yanksgirl24
02-04-00, 02:00 PM
most memorable moment witnessed was in 1997 at divisional game one vs the indians. that was when we came from behind with the back-to-back-to-back homers. that was awesome. i've never heard the stadium so loud. the place was shaking, it was awesome. i've watched a lot of memorable moments on tv, but that was the best one i've actually been at.

------------------
bthl's #1 fan

seahorse
02-04-00, 02:58 PM
Three things I can think of right away:
(1)Tino's grand slam, game 1 1998 WS
(2) El Duque's glove toss last year.
(3) Chucky's inside the park HR lastyear - I love to see that!

------------------
Seargent at Arms
Ansky39 Fan Club

Best. Go Yanks!

Jim F
02-04-00, 03:00 PM
Paul Simon in centerfield singing "Mrs. Robinson" on Joe DiMaggio day...

nyy15
02-04-00, 03:08 PM
A lot og great memories that last few years. I still like to say Chambliss's home run in 77 (maybe 76) ALCS against KC.

meggie918
02-04-00, 03:55 PM
1. The old timer's game in the late 70's, when they announced Billy Martin was rehired as Yankee manager. The stadium literally rocked that day. A 10 min. standing ovation!
2. David Wells' perfect game. Even though I wasn't there in person, I was so excited to finally witness what I had only heard about for so many years.
3. The big screen tribute to Thurman Munson at an old timer's day a few years ago with Whitney Houston singing "One Moment in Time." I don't think there was a dry eye in the house when it was over. Diane Munson was sobbing...so was I.

------------------

Ambassador of Goodwill
of The Ansky39 Fan Club

Yanks-Past and Present
02-05-00, 12:29 AM
What is everyone's most memorable Yankee Moment that you witnessed??

In Person: I'm sad to say I never witnessed any of the great old Yankee Moments, but I did witness the time when David Wells nearly pitched Perfect Game #2. I'd have to go with that. I'm sure you guys had much better experiences than me.

------------------
Where have you gone, Joe Dimaggio? Our nation turns its lonely eyes on you...

chelle
02-06-00, 03:53 PM
I've never been to a Yankee Game, can't even drive yet, so I'll be to one soon.

Tino24
02-10-00, 10:11 PM
My favorite moment was my first one at "heaven" A game vs the blue jays.. yanks beat up Kelvim Escobar.

but my absolute favorite is my 2nd ever game. Sept 11, 1999 a day before my birthday, I saw the Yanks v. Red Sux.. man that was fun.. plus Tino hit one out.. (for me of course) http://www.Bronx-Bombers.com/ubb/wink.gif The yanks lost, but it was fun to watch the "hatred" between red sux fans in "heaven" and the good guys.. the yankee fans http://www.Bronx-Bombers.com/ubb/smile.gif

T24

------------------
If Being a Yankee Fan is wrong, then by god, I don't wanna be right
DestiNY
Ends in NY
"OUR CAPTAIN AND LEADER HAS NOT LEFT US TODAY, TOMORROW, THIS YEAR, NEXT,OUR ENDEAVORS WILL REFLECT OUR LOVE AND ADMIRATION FOR HIM"

kgblues
02-11-00, 06:39 PM
The Chambliss HR comes to mind right away.
The show that Nettles put on against the Dodgers.
The Murcer game, the day after Thurman died.
That was emotional as it gets.
I was also up in Boston for the massacre in 78. 2 car loads of us crazy Yankss fans. That was intense. We wern't greeted very well. And the more runs we scored the more they hated us. And the louder we got.

------------------
kg

UpstateYankee
02-11-00, 11:30 PM
Sounds like the Boston slease party of '99. Cept there were at least 27 bus loads of us Yanks all together.

------------------
I am an "Upstater" and a Yankee and PROUD of it.

UpstateYankee
02-12-00, 12:26 AM
Being at Fenway with the BloSox fans throwing bottles, batteries, cans, hats, glasses, bats....and then watching the Yanks kick thier behinds. http://www.Bronx-Bombers.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
I am an "Upstater" and a Yankee and PROUD of it.

AnskyGal7
02-19-00, 01:39 AM
In 1996, running around outside Camden Yards in head to toe yankee gear screaming "We're #1!!!!" I've never been so proud to have had beer thrown at me.

------------------
"The-e-e Yankees Win!!!"

"And if I can make it there, I'm gonna make it, anywhere. It's up to you, New York, New York."
--Frank Sinatra

JimF
02-19-00, 01:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AnskyGal7:
I've never been so proud to have had beer thrown at me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh, you took one for the team, we're proud of you! http://www.Bronx-Bombers.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
JimF@Bronx-Bombers.com

Ansky39's Neighbor's Best Friend's 9th Cousin, Twice Removed.

JetersGurl
02-19-00, 10:18 PM
That I witnessed in person? I'd have to say April 24th, the day b-4 Joe D. day, Chili Davis won the game in the 8th with a 3-run homer!!! That was great http://www.Bronx-Bombers.com/ubb/smile.gif I was screaming my lungs out. 2nd is July 22, 1998, Knoby hit the left field fole pole, I was sitting in the upper deck, left of home plate and I couldn't tell if it was fair until I heard an extremly loud "PING"

http://www.Bronx-Bombers.com/ubb/uploads/cknob.jpg

------------------
"I would like to thank the Good Lord for making me a Yankee."
- Joe DiMaggio

JetersGurl
02-19-00, 10:24 PM
That I wasn't at has to b:
1.Coney's perfect game
2.Well's Perfect game
3.O'Neill doubled over crying in the World Series celebration
4.Tino's Grandslam in the upper deck in Game 1 of the series in 1998

My Best Non-Game Memory is my front row spot in the 1999 Parade of Champs!!!! It was so loud, my ears were ringing!!!!!I had to wait there for 5 hours, but it was sooo worth it http://www.Bronx-Bombers.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
"I would like to thank the Good Lord for making me a Yankee."
- Joe DiMaggio

AnskyGal7
02-19-00, 11:40 PM
At a game I wasn't at, its probably,
1. Jim Leyritz cranking one off Mark Wohlers in 96
2. Don Mattingly pounding his fist on the ground when he made it to the playoffs in 95
3. John Wetteland throws the pitch, its a high popup, Charlie Hayes makes the catch, Th-eeeee Yankees Win! World Champs!
4. Coney and Wells perfect games.
5. Wade riding the horse and crying when he dedicated his first series win to his mother.

(As you might see, I have a soft spot for the 95 and 96 Yankee teams.)

------------------
"The-e-e Yankees Win!!!"

"And if I can make it there, I'm gonna make it, anywhere. It's up to you, New York, New York."
--Frank Sinatra

NewYorkIrish
02-27-00, 02:24 PM
Most memorable moments that I attended personally: can't remember the year, but it was the playoffs in 77 or 78 and Thurman Munson hit a homer into the left field stands and I almost caught the damn thing. My favorite though is Old Timers Day when Billy Martin was rehired. I was there that day, and happened to sit next to a Yankee alumnus about 90 years old, only played a coupla games for them, but he was the oldest living Yankee that year, and he happened to room with Lou Gehrig. It was so incredible to sit next to him the whole game. And having cried the whole week before when Billy was fired, really it was the biggest story in New York at the time, and we were booing all the 'bad guys" when they were introduced, like Bob Lemon, and the general manager, but when Bob Shepard said "Ladies and Gentlemen, may we have your attention. The Yankees have a special announcement to make...." and he introduces Bob Lemon as the interim manager. Then, THEN..Bob Shepard says: "The Yankees would also like to announce....introduce and announce at the same time.....that the Manager for next year......and we hope for many years to come.....will be Number One..............." AND THE STADIUM WENT NUTS. Billy came trotting onto the field and we just absolutely lost it, we cheered for at least 10 or 15 minutes, we wouldn't let anything stop us from cheering our Billy. It was the most incredible day I've ever had at the Stadium. But my two other all time faves are Tino's grand slam and Boomer's perfect game. Historic, tearjerking, chilling moments. But hey, that's the New York Yankees for ya!

------------------

chelle
02-27-00, 07:28 PM
I saw the Yankee game at the Vet last year (I saw the Phillies win, awww, man!) and when the Yanks were signing autographs we had just gotten there since I live so far away. So anyways, I still have the worst case of car sickness so I was throwing up while they were signing autographs and didn't get any. So my guidance counsellor also a Yankee fan went up to Yankee Stadium (she had GOOD seats lol) and had DJ sign my autograph "To Chelley, sorry you missed us, Love, Derek Jeter" That was sooo awesome!

------------------
One and only member in my fan club

XZavirer
02-28-00, 12:40 AM
I was at the Bedlam in the Bronx game in '76. I called the Chambliss HR, told my sister he was gonna hit it. We were in the Upper Deck, 3rd base side. A row full of nuns above us showered us with beer! I was also a vendor at Yankee Stadium in the late 70's. Saw lotsa great stuff.
More recently I was at Donnie's first playoff game in '95, Back-to-Back-to-Back against the Indians in '97, and the great comeback that was Game 1 of the '98 Series.---- Yaaaaaahhooooooooooooooooo!

[This message has been edited by XZavirer (edited February 27, 2000).]

jg2
03-04-00, 10:13 PM
You know, I have never been to a World Series game, or a perfect game. But what I must say is when I first came to Yankee Stadium on July 20, 1998. That is one day I will never forget, my grandfather passed out, while walking in the stadium. Something I never imageined. I also must say after the game on
July 31, 1998 in the Kingdom here in Seattle,
I was one feet away from Derek Jeter, and Tino Martinez. I swear those eyes almost hymitized me. Tino Martinez's eyes that is.
I couldn't even look at Jeter, just Tino. =)

If any of you have seen David Cone's perfect game please e-mail me at NYY4ever@yahoo.com
and tell me about it. That's one thing I want to hear about. Thank you.

------------------
join my club at
http://clubs.yahoo.com/
clubs/shortstop2

chelle
03-12-00, 01:49 PM
My most memorable Yankee moment is bad, lol. Getting sick at the Vet, #1PaFan, I had to watched the Sillies win! lol!

------------------
"Seventy-five percent of my life is basketball. The other twenty-five percent of my life is my bum. That's where I spend my Saturday nights..." Coach Eric "Jeter"
How am I typing? E-mail at: baseball_chelle@Bronx-Bombers.com

4IRONHORSE
03-12-00, 03:57 PM
I have 3= World Series 1996 game 6, ALCS 1998 game 6 against the Indians and Cone's perfect game! But the CLINCHING GAME 6 was the best beating the Braves!!!

I also still have the foul ball I caught when I was 8 off of the Angels Brian Downing. I gave my tickets away for Righetti's no hitter, moron that I was!

Every game is great going to YANKEE STADIUM!!!!

------------------

Yankees78
03-13-00, 10:17 AM
I have 2 games, Joe DiMaggio Day and in 1978 when Ron Guidry struck out 18 then California Angels. I was there for my birthday. I can never forget it becuase just before the game, the Gator autographed a baseball for me. About Joe D Day, one of the most touching moments that I could have ever shared with 55,000 friends.

------------------

MAFIA
03-14-00, 09:23 PM
1978 I was in BOSTON W/my old man, GUIDRY 2hit sho 7-0 win, that my friend's was a great feeling for us, GUIDRY was awsome!

------------------

NewYorkIrish
03-14-00, 09:43 PM
Yankees78: I was there on that day in '78 when Lousiana Lightning got the 18 k's, I still have my ticket stub that says "18 K for Guidry" written on it. And I was at Joe D day too. Imagine the history we saw: the last day in his life that Joltin' Joe DiMaggio was at Yankee Stadium; we saw Shane Spencer hit yet another grand slam, and it was the 114th win of the 98 season, unmatched by any. damn, the history of it all....it just leaves me in awe, still, after 42 years of being a Yankee fan........

------------------

Official Bouncer - Ansky39 Fan Club.

"I love baseball."
- Roy Hobbs

"If they ask, 'who was our star?', give them 25 names..and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees......"

kgblues
03-14-00, 09:44 PM
Mafia, When Guidry was on.
FORGET ABOUT IT.
He was so much fun to watch. That little hop at the end of his delivery.
Gossebumps!

------------------
kg

kgblues
03-14-00, 09:52 PM
Maureen, I was there as well. Hot Saturday night I remember. Joe Rudi K'd 4 times.
I was there with a Austrian exchange student and all my buddies. Me and him hit it off. He took a liken to me. So I was trying to explain why everyone was so exited.
Try explaining to some one from Austria, BASEBALL. Great night though. We laughed like hell. Helmut was his name. Hav'nt heard from him in years. But I'm sure he remembers that night.

------------------
kg

OklaYankeeFan
03-18-00, 12:52 AM
Geeze I am sooo jealous!! I had to get my most memorable moments off the telly! But at least I finally had an awesome moment--I saw the ALDS game 3 in Texas. Straw's homer was totally awesome. I was sitting in a section half full of Yankee fans and we just went nuts!!!

When I got out of the car to get my tickets at the will call window (Yankee clothes, head to toe) some guy sticks a sign right in my face that says "I Loathe New York" I just pushed it aside and said "well, I understand why & you'll loathe us more after tonite" (and in my head--after we whip your sorry a**es)

My most memorable TV moment had to be Bucky's homer in 78 over the green monster. I was 2.5 mo away from the birth of my second child---Born on the same day as YOU, JIM--and I went from the couch to the center of the room in one leap--over coffee table--screaming like an idiot.

------------------

JimF
03-18-00, 01:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OklaYankeeFan:
My most memorable TV moment had to be Bucky's homer in 78 over the green monster. I was 2.5 mo away from the birth of my second child---Born on the same day as YOU, JIM
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm convinced that's why I ended up a Yankees fan. It was subliminal or something http://www.Bronx-Bombers.com/ubb/smile.gif.

------------------
JimF@Bronx-Bombers.com

Ansky39's Neighbor's Best Friend's 9th Cousin, Twice Removed.

OklaYankeeFan
03-18-00, 02:06 PM
Well, JF---I always felf fate made me a Yankeefan. I used to "watch" baseball with my Dad and he said I could not sit still for 30 sec, but if the Yankees were on I would sit thru the entire game--at age 5. Dad called them the Damn Yankees, did not like them. Something hooked me in--I say born with a genetic mutation, pinstripe blood. Like I said before, I had no brothers, dad hated them, there was no logical reason I should have turned out a Yankeefan. It had to be genetic mutation--fate! I was the oldest of 13 grandchildren and I proceeded to "brainwash" 4 of my cousins.

------------------

Butnud
03-29-00, 06:23 PM
well GEEZS,
I am soo embarrased. I have been a Yankee fan all my life, but haven't started to wake up and follow it. If that makes any sense. my most meroable moment was when David Cone throew a perfect game. Most of you are wondering, what about boomer. Oh Boomer was great, but the difference was that Don Larson and Yogi Berra was at DC's perfect game. I loved Boomer's perfect game too, but DC's was one to remember.

------------------
Today. I consider myself the luckiest man on the face the Earth. -Lou Gehrig-