PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's Rangers Game Could Seal Their Fate

Stick Michael
02-24-01, 11:24 AM
Since the Rangers lost ground last night to both Carolina and Boston they are now 9 points shy of the 8th cede in the Eastern Conference. That makes tonight's m.o. against the Flyers very simple - win or go home.

Nothing short of 2 points will do. With the Rangers already on life support they need to win tonight. One point doesn't make up the ground they lost last night and if they lose they might as well pull the plug.

In the grand scheme of things the Rangers fate does not solely rest on their making or not making the playoffs. They're not gonna win The Cup this year - I can live with that. But I hope the team doesn't give Glen Sather a sense of false hope that leads him to trade away our coveted prospects (ala Brendl, Lundmark) to get veteran players that will only help us in the short term.

The right thing to do would be to concede this season if they lose tonight. Lefevre, Graves...I'd trade away most of our veterans, even Fleury since he's having a great year, thus we would get alot for him. But we shall see...

Can't wait til the puck drops.

James

Rob Sparacc
02-24-01, 01:43 PM
Our fate has been sealed. Yeremeyev or however you spell it blows chunks! When Rickey went down for the season, so did our chances of making the playoffs. Unless Kirk McLean can play like he did in the 94 playoffs or trade for a better than avg goalie, it is looking like 4 years in a row with no playoffs. That is just totally unexeptable with there payroll. But i do think they have a good number of young players that we can build hope on to the future.

Nome
02-25-01, 02:22 PM
The only thing that could help the rangers is if they had Bobby Hull, Gordie Howe, Rocket and Pocket Richard, Messier, and Lemeaux (oops spelling) all at their primes.

The Rangers are going nowhere but down further in the standings. Their management is as competant as is Bud Selig.

Rob Sparacc
02-25-01, 07:32 PM
Nome, Give Glen Sather sometime, he inherited large contracts from Neil Smith's regime that he cant do much with and also Smith didnt leave him with many promising prospects. Sather will righ the ship, he just needs time to get some young talent.

This team is going in the right direction, within 3 years, The Rangers will be a force in the NHL and will contend for the Stanley Cup for years after that, just like the Devils, Avalanche, Stars, and Flyers. Good Times are around the corner

allybear
02-25-01, 09:11 PM
An optimistic Rangers fan...that's what we like to see! Seriously, I just hope they keep the young talent, as long as I can remember, we have traded away the future, so even though we may have a few more rough years, I think it will be worth it in the long run.

Nome
02-26-01, 09:02 AM
Hey, I have been a Ranger fan since the early 50's and what do we have to show for it. One Stanley Cup?

They have almost always enjoyed sellouts as have the football Giants so why do they need to spend on big contracts?

I will hope for the best, but Ranger management needs a kick in the pants.