PDA

View Full Version : WS Matchups

Big_E
10-07-03, 11:56 AM
What WS matchup would you most like to see?

Originally, I was going to ask "Who would you like the Yankees to play in the WS", but in order to avoid people telling me I'm jinxing the team by assuming we're going to advance to the Fall Classic, I am wording it this way. :D

DkNNy79
10-07-03, 12:00 PM
Yankees vs Cubs

NYYFAN
10-07-03, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by DkNNy79
Yankees vs Cubs

Ditto!! :lol:

Gehrig'sGhost
10-07-03, 12:05 PM
I'd love to see the Cubs get in because they deserve to get there after so many years of heartache WITHOUT WHINING!

In addition, a dream scenario would have Giambi point to the bleachers, then deposit a Kerry Wood fastball in the so indicated spot. With today's media, we'd have documented legend in the tradition of Babe! Ha! ;)

Alex
10-07-03, 12:06 PM
The Cubs are the scariest team in baseball... that starting pitching is absolutely sick.

DkNNy79
10-07-03, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by NYYFAN

Ditto!! :lol:

:O

The Cubs pitching is scary.

YazMaz
10-07-03, 12:45 PM
I wonder what I voted for! :)

Mr. Maddux
10-07-03, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Gehrig'sGhost
I'd love to see the Cubs get in because they deserve to get there after so many years of heartache WITHOUT WHINING!

In addition, a dream scenario would have Giambi point to the bleachers, then deposit a Kerry Wood fastball in the so indicated spot. With today's media, we'd have documented legend in the tradition of Babe! Ha! ;)

That would be great!

But I'd like to see the Cubs get knocked out soon, so I'd say Yankees/Marlins. I hate to admit, though, that I would be interested in Cubs/Red Sox.

GoBernie
10-07-03, 04:32 PM
I'd love to see Sammy with the Bleacher Creatures. I know he's gotten heckled this year, but I don't imagine it would be much compared to what they'd have to say to old Corky.

Alex
10-07-03, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Maddux

hate to admit, though, that I would be interested in Cubs/Red Sox.

Don't worry Mr. Maddux, we still love 'ya.

The Cubs are scary scary scary.

NDBoston
10-07-03, 04:43 PM

I know you love to say it, but I went to a college LOADED with Cubs fans.

They whine....alot.

Don't confuse the real Cubs fans with the Trixies on their cellphones, making dinner reservations for after the game in Lincoln Park.

Gehrig'sGhost
10-07-03, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by NDBoston

I know you love to say it, but I went to a college LOADED with Cubs fans.

They whine....alot.

Don't confuse the real Cubs fans with the Trixies on their cellphones, making dinner reservations for after the game in Lincoln Park.

There is no confusion on my part, your condescending Lincoln Park references aside. My wife and her umpteen relatives grew up in Chicago, some as Cubs fans, some as White Sox fans. Most lived in ROGERS Park which, if you really know anything about Chicago, you will understand is not "Trixieville" . I grew up in Iowa, too, so I'd wager that I've met more Cubs fans over more years than have you. My uncle was a Monsignor and taught at ND, so I also know that South Bend is not Chicago. I also know that a ND education at least used to mean something. In the future, it might be wise to know the background of someone before lecturing them on those topics about which they should not have confusion..

NDBoston
10-07-03, 05:19 PM

There is no confusion on my part, your condescending Lincoln Park references aside. My wife and her umpteen relatives grew up in Chicago, some as Cubs fans, some as White Sox fans. Most lived in ROGERS Park which, if you really know anything about Chicago, you will understand is not "Trixieville" . I grew up in Iowa, too, so I'd wager that I've met more Cubs fans over more years than have you. My uncle was a Monsignor and taught at ND, so I also know that South Bend is not Chicago. I also know that a ND education at least used to mean something. In the future, it might be wise to know the background of someone before lecturing them on those topics about which they should not have confusion..

I'm telling you what I HAVE experienced. Those "Trixies" comments are used by everyone I know who lives in Chicago. They even have a website www.lptrixie.com Check out the articles on the Cubs.

Real Cubs fans get frustrated by the many bandwagon fans who go to Cubs games to be seen and talk on their cellphones.

If you ever went to school in South Bend, you would knew how many times we would escape to Chicago. I also lived there for 2 summers in college. I know the city well. I went to plenty of Cubs game too.

I also don't need to be lectured about my education and what my degree means.
Stop being so sensitive. I experienced something different than you when it comes to Cubs fans. That's what my post was talking about.

Gehrig'sGhost
10-07-03, 05:41 PM

I'm telling you what I HAVE experienced. Those "Trixies" comments are used by everyone I know who lives in Chicago. They even have a website www.lptrixie.com Check out the articles on the Cubs.

Real Cubs fans get frustrated by the many bandwagon fans who go to Cubs games to be seen and talk on their cellphones.

If you ever went to school in South Bend, you would knew how many times we would escape to Chicago. I also lived there for 2 summers in college. I know the city well. I went to plenty of Cubs game too.

I also don't need to be lectured about my education and what my degree means.
Stop being so sensitive. I experienced something different than you when it comes to Cubs fans. That's what my post was talking about.

You responded to my much earlier post with "I know you love to say it", "cellphone", and "Lincoln Park" smart-arse references. "Real" Cub fans, as you define them, don't like bandwagonners, but this has NOTHING to do with Cub fans being or not being whiners, which "Real" Cub fans, as I define them, are not for the largest part. Perhaps it is YOU who is confusing the two. Plus, you just inferred that I meant that Cub fans are not whiners but Red Sox fans ARE, which lead you to rebut that Cub fans were also. I know you won't admit to that, though, however true.

Look I NEVER agree with your posts, or even with the latitude you are given on this site - though it is a free country and I would never ask anyone to leave here. You, in turn, seem to never agree with me and do not miss an opportunity to spike one of my posts in some way. If neither of us responded to the other's posts, I'd be happy.

NDBoston
10-07-03, 06:03 PM

You responded to my much earlier post with "I know you love to say it", "cellphone", and "Lincoln Park" smart-arse references. "Real" Cub fans, as you define them, don't like bandwagonners, but this has NOTHING to do with Cub fans being or not being whiners, which "Real" Cub fans, as I define them, are not for the largest part. Perhaps it is YOU who is confusing the two. Plus, you just inferred that I meant that Cub fans are not whiners but Red Sox fans ARE, which lead you to rebut that Cub fans were also. I know you won't admit to that, though, however true.

Look I NEVER agree with your posts, or even with the latitude you are given on this site - though it is a free country and I would never ask anyone to leave here. You, in turn, seem to never agree with me and do not miss an opportunity to spike one of my posts in some way. If neither of us responded to the other's posts, I'd be happy.

You have a hatred for everything Red Sox and that's fine. I respond to your posts, because I don't agree with them.

I didn't insult you personally, as you did on the Notre Dame crack and how it used to mean something.

I'm proud to be a graduate of Notre Dame and I represent my Alma Mater very well.

Then again, I'm a Red Sox fan, so I must be a lowlife.

I will be glad to ignore you on here.

Gehrig'sGhost
10-07-03, 06:32 PM
You have a hatred for everything Red Sox and that's fine. I respond to your posts, because I don't agree with them.

I won't argue that.

I didn't insult you personally, as you did on the Notre Dame crack and how it used to mean something.[/B]

Ah, but you have in the past and you are constant with the personal but tacitly disparaging attacks on other posters here by couching your repsonses with "any knowledgeable baseball fan knows", "what true baseball fans believe" and even "what REAL Cub fans do". Then you get all upset and surprised when someone calls you on it and act all innocent. Spare me.

I'm proud to be a graduate of Notre Dame and I represent my Alma Mater very well.[/B]

Good for you. My remarks toward ND were not directed at you individually but, rather, are reflective of my disgust that most all entrance requirements, except ability to pay, have been relaxed at ND in recent years. But you keep on representing that.

Then again, I'm a Red Sox fan, so I must be a lowlife.[/B]

Your words, not mine, though many would agree. ;)

I will be glad to ignore you on here. [/B]

In the interest of sparing the good readers here the tedium of our dispute, I will call it a day with the agreement to ignore you, too.

NDBoston
10-08-03, 03:31 PM

Good for you. My remarks toward ND were not directed at you individually but, rather, are reflective of my disgust that most all entrance requirements, except ability to pay, have been relaxed at ND in recent years. But you keep on representing that.

I was going to ignore this, but I had to respond.

Last year, the mid 50% range of those accepted into Notre Dame scored between 1300 and 1440. That means that 1/4 of the class scored below 1300 and 1/4 of the class scored above 1440. Since GPAs vary so much across the country they look more at Rank-In-Class. The average rank of students who entered this fall was top 6%.

13,000 people applied for 2000 spots.

Notre Dame also looks at activities and leadership credentials.

Notre Dame is rated with an Admissions Selectivity Rating of 99 from the Princeton Review. (meaning one of the 20 toughest schools)

It's rated the 15th best University by USNWR

It is much MORE difficult to get into Notre Dame today.

Back up your comments with any information or links that show Notre Dame is less selective.

Something besides your opinion.

BTW: I paid for my education myself. No family assistance whatsoever.

derekjeter916
10-09-03, 05:59 PM
Yankees vs. whoever is easier to beat.

I'm sorry, but I don't care as much about historical matchups, etc. I'm happy for both the Cubs and Marlins for making it this far, but if the right team wins the ALCS I don't want either one of them to win, and if the wrong one wins the ALCS I don't care which one is in the WS, I want them to win.

I don't know if any of that made sense or not. The gist of it is: GO YANKEES!

Yankees Empire
10-09-03, 07:38 PM
I, for one, could not care less about Cub fans, what does and does not constitute a "Trixie," or the entrance requirements to Notre Dame or any other school.

I do know that a Cubs-Red Sox World Series would be a sure sign that the Apocalpsye is near. After all, one of those teams would have to win!!! If these two teams end up in the World Series (GOD FORBID!!!), I'll be watching it from a concrete nuclear bomb shelter.