PDA

View Full Version : Mike Staton Entrance Music at Shea- "Enter Sandman"!!!!

Danmel
07-29-03, 08:43 PM
Who does he think he is anyway? I had the radio on in the car and heard that Mike Stanton was entering the Mets game to "Enter Sandman" He told the Shea music guy he wanted to enter to Mariano's music !!!!!:eek: :eek:

Get a grip Mike- you in the toilet in Flushing.

matt27
07-29-03, 08:51 PM
lame.

wexy
07-29-03, 09:00 PM
Well the Brewers scored a couple of runs against him and
the Mets lost again.

C. Bellinger
07-29-03, 09:05 PM
Don't a lot of closers use this as their song? I thought I remembered Percival using this before coming in during the ALCS and Series. Am I incorrect?

Carissa
07-29-03, 09:06 PM
Hoffman uses it.

Looie #19
07-29-03, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Carissa
Hoffman uses it.

Hoffman enters to "Hells Bells".

Carissa
07-29-03, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Looie #19
Hoffman enters to "Hells Bells". I thought at one point he had used Enter Sandman too.

backstop20
07-29-03, 09:49 PM
Billy Wagner uses it also.

Carissa
07-29-03, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by backstop20
Billy Wagner uses it also. Maybe that's who I'm thinking of.http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/fragend/confused-smiley-007.gif

backstop20
07-29-03, 10:15 PM
I thought at one point he had used Enter Sandman too.
He did.

Carissa
07-29-03, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by backstop20
He did. So I'm not going crazy! :) http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons/30.gif

backstop20
07-29-03, 10:25 PM
So I'm not going crazy! :) http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons/30.gif
Crazy is not so bad!

penguin4
07-29-03, 11:46 PM
Expected. The Mets steal everything from everyone else; they never have an original idea of their own. They stole "Who Let the Dogs Out" from the Mariners, for instance (who'd been using it for A-Rod, whose nickname was "Bulldog"). Their baseball cap isn't even original -- it's the Giants' old orange NY with Dodger Blue!!!

WindRavenX
07-30-03, 01:16 AM
You know, the Mets aren't even like the loveable losers (like the Tigers). They're just a sad bunch.
Mike, Mike, Mike, you aren't Mo so don't act like it.

Rich
07-30-03, 01:30 AM
Metallica should put a stop to it. :evil:

Rich
07-30-03, 01:34 AM
Joe Benigno on WFAN, a staunch Met fan, just said he thought playing it was messed up, and that Stanton should tell them not to play it.

Update: Someone told Benigno that a Mets' broadcaster said that playing
"Enter Sandman" was at Stanton's request. WTG, Mike. :rolleyes:

PinstripePride
07-30-03, 08:36 AM
1) Stanton's an ass for that move

2) Billy Wagner is the other big name guy that comes in to Enter Sandman. I love Wagner.

StantonFan
07-30-03, 09:16 AM
Did anyone stop to think that maybe he asked for it to be played as sort of a good luck boost? Maybe a channelling of Mo to help things go more smoothly? It worked for him when they played it on Monday. Let's face it, the Mets need all of the help they can get.

Honestly, in his 6 years as a Yankee, did Stanton do or say anything to warrant us thinking that he was some arrogant asshole who thought he was better than anyone else in the game? That he was better than Mo Rivera? No, not at all.

So, why not give him the benefit of the doubt now before you start condemning him?

silverdsl
07-30-03, 09:36 AM
Since when does Mariano Rivera own the rights to "Enter Sandman?" It's a great song and Stanton had gotten used to hearing Mariano enter to it when they were teammates. Now that Stanton will be closing some games for the Mets he probably wants to use it as a way to pump himself up and perhaps even as a tribute to Mariano.

-Deborah

Gringaloca
07-30-03, 01:18 PM
Add Braden Looper of the Marlins to the list....

PinstripePride
07-30-03, 03:17 PM
Stanton Fan...you have a valid point....my initial reaction was based on emotion, and now that I think about it, Mike could have done it with good intentions...like you said, he never did anything while with us to lead me to believe he was an arrogant a-hole.

Mr. Maddux
07-30-03, 03:38 PM
Eh...I don't have a problem with it. But the only problem is that when "Enter Sandman" comes on, it means the game is over for the Mets. :D:evil:

Luvtino
07-30-03, 03:48 PM
I don't have a problem with it either. Stanton always seemed to be a stand up guy when on our team and this doesn't affect my opinion of him in the least. It's hard for me not to pull for him to do well after all he contributed to the Yankees over the years. Classy player who did the pinstripes proud. If he likes the song then he should use it. I doubt it bothers Mo or Wagner even the slightest bit.

Rich
07-30-03, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by silverdsl
Since when does Mariano Rivera own the rights to "Enter Sandman?" It's a great song and Stanton had gotten used to hearing Mariano enter to it when they were teammates. Now that Stanton will be closing some games for the Mets he probably wants to use it as a way to pump himself up and perhaps even as a tribute to Mariano.

-Deborah

He doesn't, Mettalica does, and <i>they</i> should put a stop to it. :)

PinstripeFanatic
07-30-03, 08:59 PM
I heard that last night too when I was watching the game. It's no big deal. It's just a song. Mariano doesn't own the rights to it and maybe Mike just likes it :) :NY:

Sultans of Swing
07-31-03, 06:42 AM
I don't think it's meant in any sort of negativity, but even if it is, the way the Yanks sent off Stanton, could you really blame him for doing something like that? I mean, hell, I'd slap him on the back for it. Sure, getting rid of him was the right move, in retrospect, but damn, was it done all the wrong way.