PDA

View Full Version : Florida Marlins

berriYankee
07-11-03, 07:24 PM
This was posted on the transactions page on ESPN's website.

Florida Marlins
Acquired pitcher Ugueth Urbina from the Texas Rangers for minor league outfielders Adrian Gonzalez and Will Smith and minor league pitcher Ryan Snare.

This is good deal for the Florida Marlins. They have a pretty good starting pitching and hitting and want to make a run for the wild card in the national league. They have decent minor league prospects which is what Texas was looking to get back for Urbina.

I am so glad that the Yankees did not get URBINA as he would have
been a bad deal. I do not like when he pumps his chest and all that jazz.

Now if the Yankees can get Rodriguez from the SF Giants without giving up much in return. They desparately need a righty reliever to get to MO.

Thoughts?

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Gringaloca
07-11-03, 07:32 PM
Here's the link:

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/tex/news/tex_press_release.jsp?ymd=20030711&content_id=421624&vkey=pr_tex&fext=.jsp

Living in So Fla, I go to quite a few Marlin games. Not sure if I'm real happy with this...don't know where Loria is getting the "cash consideration"..being that he's always "crying poor"..
Oh yeah...probably his cut from the concessions/parking..$5.50 draft beers & $3.75 hot dogs...$9.00 parking fees...;)

ring403
07-11-03, 07:39 PM
This is great news for the Yankees! Urbina would have been a terrible fit in New York, and we would have had to part with minor league prospects for a half season rental of a bad reliever.

Michaels07
07-11-03, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by ring403
This is great news for the Yankees! Urbina would have been a terrible fit in New York, and we would have had to part with minor league prospects for a half season rental of a bad reliever.

Does this mean Mondy to the Dodgers for Paul Shuey?

Rich
07-11-03, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Michaels07

I hope it means that, but it definitely means that the Rangers's decision to sign Urbina was a wise investment.

ring403
07-11-03, 10:02 PM

Or prospects to the Mets for F-Rod from the Giants. I'd be hapy with either. Although F-Rod doesn't have Shuey's injury history, so maybe he gets a slight edge.

koko
07-11-03, 10:33 PM

hopefully, that or a deal w/ the Giants

Danmel
07-11-03, 10:38 PM
As long as it doesn't mean we get Benitez:barf: :barf:

Spiker
07-11-03, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Danmel
As long as it doesn't mean we get Benitez:barf: :barf:

Sorry, but the Urbina deal definitely puts Armando back in play, though still a long shot.