PDA

View Full Version : Any Disgruntled Rangers Fans out There?

Stick Michael
01-29-01, 10:05 PM
My, oh my. It seems unbelievable that the Rangers are going to miss the playoffs for a fourth straight season but sure enough, like clockwork, they went into their annual tailspin and, as always, the result was disastrous. I could go on and on about how god awful they're playing right now but that would only be stating the obvious. Hopefully Glen Sather will start trading away some of these high priced veterans cursed with incredibly bad karma and get some prospects in return. Richter, Lefevre, Graves, Nedved...I want em all gone. The only guys I see as untradable are Mike York, Jan Hlavac and Radek Dvorak. Outside out that anyone is fair game, even Leetch and Fleury. If we can get something good for these guys DO IT! Time to cut the cord.

Sorry, I had to vent. I feel better now.

James

patrick.o
01-29-01, 11:38 PM
Any Disgruntled Rangers Fans out There?

All of 'em.

MrJack
01-30-01, 07:28 AM
It's nice to see the Islanders have not cornered the market in suckin'...However, they do suck a lot cheaper. :lol: :lol: :lol:

silverdsl
01-30-01, 08:46 AM
Oh my, watching the Rangers had been so frustrating this season. They have some talent but everything is just not clicking the way it should. The defense especially needs help. Last night's game was just pathetic. They only score one goal and give up seven against a team who lost fourteen in a row? Sad, sad, sad.

I agree that some of the pricey veterans have got to go for new blood, although I would keep Leetch and Fleury. Mike York is a keeper too. I'm really not loving Richter right now so I wouldn't mind seeing a different goalie. But at this point I'd welcome just about any move that would shake this team up.

-Deborah

MAFIA
01-30-01, 12:00 PM
EVEN MESSIER cannot save us.

harley
01-30-01, 12:49 PM
Disgruntled is too nice a term about how I feel right now ... They are KILLING me ...

allybear
01-30-01, 05:58 PM
Add me to that list! What I don't understand is:

1. How they can manage to play just badly enough to lose, they'll put together a good period or a couple good shifts and then...oops!;

2. How they can manage to lose just when they need to win (see Carolina last week); and

3. How they can manage to lose to the teams they should beat (i.e., the Islanders).

Thank heaven I have "divided loyalties" in hockey - the Pens have some definite needs (like a real goalie - I never thought I'd miss Tugnutt!) but at least I'm enjoying Mario's comeback! Otherwise, I'd just be counting the days till baseball! ;)

MAFIA
02-01-01, 01:25 PM
WE finally won 4-2, man w/ the talent we got we should be right in there, we have to make up 9 pts over the next 29 games just to get in. I still feel we should of made a pitch at KEENAN, you see what he's doing in BOSTON? A team that has great talent, a team that has been dead over the last 2 year's, they are on a roll, he has them playing great. WE got to start winning and it all begins now!

MrJack
02-01-01, 02:05 PM
As a long suffering Islanders fan who fondly yearns for a repeat of the glory years, I'd like to say I'm not shallow enough to enjoy the Rangers' crappy season....But I CAN'T....I'm loving every minute of it.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rob Sparacc
02-01-01, 06:55 PM
James, you and i have talked many times about what this team needs to do. Unfortunately, Sather's hands are tied because Neil Smith signed all these hig priced underachieving geriatric unit has beens to big contracts and we cant unload them. Give Sather some time, he knows what he is doing and needs to do. He will have the Rangers back as a top team within a few years.

clipper
02-02-01, 05:00 PM
growing up a Rangers fan in the '70s (losing to the Bruins in the '72 finals and the Habs in '79, then wathing the Islanders win four in a row) I swore that if they ever won a cup, JUST ONE, I would NEVER complain about them again.

Since the big win in '94, I've taken the losing in stride.

I lived for 20+ years waiting for them to win one, and will NEVER whine again (unless the cup drought grows past 30 years again).

Y'all can whine if you want to, but I'll stay the course. It has been a long few seasons, though.

Nome
02-17-01, 09:06 AM
To be a Ranger fan is to be a disgruntled fan. The only thing that can help that franchise is for it to be bought out by Steinbrenner and for George to take an active part in it's management

orangemom
02-23-01, 06:26 AM
Every time someone tells me that the Yankees payroll is the reason for their championships, I point to the Rangers. I got into an argument the other day with my Mets fan friend, who is also an Islanders fan. He insisted that Rangers have a shot at the playoffs. Oh big whoop. Even if they make it, we're talking first round elimination here. I'd like to be able to bask in the memory of the cup win, but it's becoming too distant a memory. Ack! These guys are killing me!

Lefty Gomez
02-27-01, 08:32 PM
I'm not a Rangers fan but I know what it's like to watch your team spin into a dark cesspit of doom every year. I love NY so to all you Rangers fans out there, here's hoping your club turns it around. A major housecleaning is in order. Those slacking dollar hogs gotta go!