PDA

View Full Version : Alright! Give a score!

kgblues
01-21-01, 07:23 PM
For those of you guys and gals who know me around these parts know that I bleed Giant Blue as well as Yankee pinstripes. So my heart is pounding waiting for this Super Sunday. So lets keep this simple.
Give me your score!
I going 24-13 Big Blue. I know, I know, the big bad Raven Defense. Just a hunch here. I just get the feeling th 'G' men are putting it all together when it counts. The Giant offense against the Raven defense is better then the Raven offense against the Giant defense. What I say? Don't matter.
Give me your score!
THE WINNER GETS?
Well nothing but reconition.

#1PaFan
01-21-01, 07:33 PM
Giants 7 Ravens 2

Bet the under!!!

Now the fact that I said that, with some of my earlier predictions here, watch it somehow become a shoot out! :)

kgblues
01-21-01, 07:35 PM
George, 7-2 ?
Who pitched ?

MrJack
01-21-01, 10:58 PM
13-10 Ravens
:::ducking beer bottles thrown by Giant fans:::

:lol: :lol: :lol:

kgblues
01-22-01, 03:39 AM
Mr Jack, the Giants are in the Super Bowl, not the Jets!

MrJack
01-22-01, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by kgblues
Mr Jack, the Giants are in the Super Bowl, not the Jets!
Too bad for them the Ravens are as well !!!

MAFIA
01-22-01, 07:10 AM
THE score, this game , well everybody know's that there is only a close score in the superbowl once every 4 or 5 year's, last year's superbowl did not get going until the 4th quarter up until then it was pretty lame. I will say THE JINT'S will win 31-10.

FresnoBob
01-22-01, 01:33 PM
I think the Giants' offense will outscore the Ravens' defense 20-13.

Baltimore's prevent offense got lucky with Oakland, when Marquis Pope (formerly of Fresno State) pulled in his hands and let Sterling Sharpe head down the field from the Raven 5 yard line, making Trent Dilfer (formerly of Fresno State) look like a real quarterback for one play. Not bloody likely that will happen with the Giants defense. Baltimore won't be able to run, and everyone knows they can't pass. Any points the Ravens get are gifts from turnovers

MrJack
01-22-01, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by FresnoBob
Any points the Ravens get are gifts from turnovers [/B]
They sure seem to force a lot of "gifts".

FresnoBob
01-22-01, 03:22 PM
HerrJack:

I'm not suggesting that the Raven defense can't or won't force turnovers, just that without them, it's a shutout. The Giants need to insure that the receivers actually complete their routes, a tactic not practiced by the Raiders, which lead to several key interceptions. Additionally, it will be interesting to see how a real defense attacks Tiki Barber's broken arm. Maybe that 7-2 score isn't so unrealistic.

bxny
01-22-01, 03:55 PM
19-13 Giants in OT. Strahan and Armstead will be the difference, Dilfer will throw at least two picks.

The Ravens had a pep rally today that was carried live on the radio down here. Modells Marauders sure gave Fassell plenty to put on the bulletin board if he chooses to use it. They're not giving the Giants much respect.

GO NEW YORK!!!!

Winger03
01-22-01, 03:57 PM
I'm from MD, but I am certainly not a Balti-moron fan. However, I see it as 10-3 Ravens, and Danny Snyder throws himself off of the top of Fed Ex Field cursing Norv Turner all the way down.

FresnoBob
01-22-01, 05:49 PM
With our luck, if Danny Snyder throws himself off the top of the stadium, he'll miss the ground.

MrJack
01-22-01, 06:34 PM
With our luck, if Danny Snyder throws himself off the top of the stadium, he'll miss the ground.
If he lands on his wallet he'll emerge unscathed. :lol:

MrJack
01-22-01, 06:39 PM
HerrJack: I'm not suggesting that the Raven defense can't or won't force turnovers, just that without them, it's a shutout.
Bob....Defensive points count too....I'm not disputing that the Raven offense is anemic....However, a couple of field goals will be easier when the defense gets them the ball in the Giants end...Along with a defensive TD, and holding Giants to 10 points, voila'.....13-10 Ravens.

Jen!!!
01-25-01, 01:10 PM
26-10 Giants, of course...get a load of this comment, coming out of Cleveland's FINEST sportscaster: "Even though I HATE Art Modell with all my heart for taking my team to Baltimore, I absolutely cannot cheer on a New York team. ANY New York team. New York will lose one of these days, and lose BIG. All the way across the board. So all my money's going on the Ravens."
Funny, isn't it? I was practically SCREAMING at my tv "CLEVELAND, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT, NO FRIGGIN' RIGHT TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL OOOORRRRR BASEBALL! Indians SUCK. Browns SUCK EVEN MORE." It's so strange, they lose and they still think they're the best ever...unbelievable.
(Sorry, just needed to vent a bit!) :)

Nome
01-25-01, 01:17 PM
Giants 27, Ravens 6.

Collins throws for 275 yds and two TD's Defense allows 150 yds.

Danmel
01-25-01, 01:26 PM
Giants 10 Ravens 6. No idea why, just a wild guess!

allybear
01-27-01, 06:20 PM
Giants 12, Ravens 6

That's what I'm hoping anyway, JP has 2 and 6 in his office pool! ;)

allybear
01-27-01, 09:41 PM
OK, gotta change, he told me has 2 and 7.

So...Giants 12, Ravens 7.

I hope so, I spent his winnings at Stern's one-day sale today! :)

NewYorkIrish
01-27-01, 10:17 PM
Final Score: Giants - Lombardi Trophy.

Ravens - they get to come home early and watch the lame Survivor show.

WindRavenX
01-28-01, 12:40 AM
The Giants have the moral and mental edge here. A lot of people are pissed about Ray Lewis-so not many people will be wanting the Ravens to win. Second, Ray Lewis may prove to be an actual distraction to the defense. And considering Baltimore's defense has been good for so long, eventually they have to have a few hiccups.
So all the hubbub about teh D winning is fine-but it can't stay good for long.
Giants 17-13.
Irish: C'mon! Survivor 2 is gonna rock!

MrJack
01-28-01, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by WindRavenX
Ray Lewis may prove to be an actual distraction to the defense.
The only thing Ray Lewis will distract is the Giants' game plan. :O

MrJack
01-28-01, 07:15 PM
Ravens "D" playing up to their reputation......Go Ravens....Thirty more minutes!!!!!!