PDA

View Full Version : Help for you Jim, if you need it!!

harley
01-20-01, 10:26 PM
Jim,

you know we all love the job you do ... so I was just wondering...do you need a web jr? I mean do you need help ... I am fairly computer lit ... and I figured a good way to further my education was to offer my services ... free of course ... just wanted to know if you needed anything ... I would be more than happy to fill ... not that I could ever fill your shoes ... but you know what I mean ...

Jim F.
01-21-01, 12:13 AM
Harley, I appreciate your offer :).

But I'll have to pass on it (for now), and I'll explain why. This site is my baby. It really is like a child to me. I conceived it, was overjoyed when it was born, and I've loved nurturing it and seeing it grow. There are very few things in my life that I have devoted such time, attention, love, money, and effort to, and this is the only one of those that has succeeded. Right now I'm at the stage where I'm an overprotective parent who doesn't want to let go.

There are very few people (actually, only one) on this site that I would feel 100% comfortable about handing the reigns over to; and I've given it to them on occassion. In fact, they are a regular visitor (and they still have "the power", though I don't think they know it ;)), but I prefer not to say who it is, because I don't want any "power rifts" to come in between anybody here (I know how it can feel to have one of your peers all of the sudden become your "moderator", and I don't like it). I didn't give them control until I had known them for over a year, and had really gotten to know them. I wouldn't consider anyone for any "formal" position here that I didn't know personally too, or that I had known for a very long time.

So while I appreciate your offer, I'm just not ready to have someone as a "web jr", as you put it. I want it all to myself :p.

I hope you understand, and I really do appreciate your offer. If there is any other way you'd like to contribute to the site, like writing, taking pictures, or anything like that, I'd be glad to use it and give you full credit. Or if you have any ideas for a feature or something, let me know!

I'm just not ready for the "empty nest syndrome" thing yet...

-jim

:)

harley
01-21-01, 12:27 AM
Jim, no problem ... I would never dream of taking your baby away from u ... I guess I meant if u need help, like with the forum t shirts ... even though I won't be there ... let me know ... really ... any outside stuff you want done ... i would be more than glad to help!!

MrJack
01-21-01, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by harley
I would never dream of taking your baby away from u.
Can I interest you in a teenager?
:lol: :lol: :lol: