PDA

View Full Version : NFC Chamionship Game

patrick.o
01-13-01, 10:10 PM
Ok boys and girls, this is it. The G-men are 60 minutes from the SuperBowl. One more victory over the Vikes is all it will take. One measly W.
I think they can do it! The Vikes D is lousy enough to allow the Giants to score often. Their secondary and pass rush are both very suspect which I think means that Collins will be throwing downfield all day long. That of course softens up the front so that Tiki can do his thing.
And our own defense has been spectacular lately. I'm hoping that Fox will put Sehorn on Carter and cover-two Moss. I figure no one stops Moss anyway, so why waste Sehorn there? Put him on Carter and hopefully he will be effective neutralizng him and then have Thomas and a safety following Moss around all day. And don't be afraid to drop linebackers into the passing lanes as Robert Smith has been ineffective latety, gaining only 204 yards with 1 score in Minnesota's last four games. He ain't runnin' against this D!
But you know what? Even if they don't win tomorrow, I'll be ok. I mean come on, really. The NFC Championship Game? Who could have predicted, or even held out a serious hope that this is where the Giants would be right now? I predicted a 9-7 season so as far as I'm concerned this is house money. It would take something drastic tomorrow to make me think this season was a failure.
GO GIANTS!

WindRavenX
01-14-01, 02:42 AM
hey, if Tiki can play with a freakn' broken arm, I think the giants can take on the Viks.
BRINg IT ON

SanFrANSKY
01-14-01, 03:46 AM
I think the Jints should reprise their strategy of putting a spy on the QB. It worked great against Donovan McNabb last week, and should be effective against Daunte Culpepper.

The outcome of this game really depends on which Giants offense shows up. If we don't give up on the run, we should be able to control the ball and keep it out of the hands of the Vikes' offense. If the offense is the same as the one that didn't score a single point against Philly ... well, it could be a long day.

Gotta get some sleep ... the game is on at 9:30 here!

SanFrANSKY
3 in 2001 !!

#1PaFan
01-14-01, 05:40 AM
Yeah, the key to beating the Vikqueens is to stop the run. That's how my Packers swept them this year.
Patrick's right-Moss will get his catches. Stop Robert Smith!!

Go GMen!

MrJack
01-14-01, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by patrick.o
The Vikes D is lousy enough to allow the Giants to score often. Their secondary and pass rush are both very suspect which I think means that Collins will be throwing downfield all day long. That of course softens up the front so that Tiki can do his thing.
And our own defense has been spectacular lately. I'm hoping that Fox will put Sehorn on Carter and cover-two Moss. I figure no one stops Moss anyway, so why waste Sehorn there? Put him on Carter and hopefully he will be effective neutralizng him and then have Thomas and a safety following Moss around all day. And don't be afraid to drop linebackers into the passing lanes as Robert Smith has been ineffective latety, gaining only 204 yards with 1 score in Minnesota's last four games. He ain't runnin' against this D!

Patrick.....Sounds like YOU set up the Giants game plan....You've hit the nail right on the head....The Giants are a buzzsaw.....The Vikes oughta hang their heads in shame and hop a slow boat back to Minnesota....Thank God I'm not a betting man.

patrick.o
01-15-01, 11:29 PM
Yeah MrJ, except for the coverages I did okay on that one. But believe me, when I said the Giants could score often and that they would be throwing downfield a lot, I had no idea it would be like THAT! They were amazing! It won't be like that against the Ravens, though.

MrJack
01-16-01, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by patrick.o
It won't be like that against the Ravens, though.
I heard Trent Dilfer say he thinks it could be one of the better Super Bowls....I'm inclined to agree.....I think this is a real tough one to predict.....I have trouble imagining anyone beating that Raven defense, but the Giants seem to improve every game on defense and offense.....Here's my key to the game.....If the Giants can get a TD from their special teams or defense, they will win the game.....I think it will be that close.....However, Ravens always seem to score with defense and ST's, so they'll hafta shut that down as well.....Should be a terrific game to watch.