PDA

View Full Version : Week One Preview



Soriambi
03-29-03, 07:05 PM
Week One Preview


Ahh, the sound of bat hitting ball, the fresh grass, the hot dogs, but the most important thing of all about this week is the Fantasy Baseball trash talking stepping up to the next level.

The Marquee Matchup: While there aren’t that many Marquee Matchups this week, the best of them would have to be The 9 Angry Playaz against the 4 HORSEMEN. I see these two teams as being evenly matched and it should be a close “game.”
The HORSEMEN, with one of the best outfields in the league, led by megastar Barry Bonds and Mike Sweeney face off against Jason Giambi, Jeff Kent, and Eric Chavez of the Playaz. My official pick is the Playaz in a slight upset perhaps.

The other games:

I’ll take the defending Champion Lordz of Flatbush over the Mendoza’s, the Evil Empire to trounce Italian Ice, the Bombers to bomb the Truth, The Swingers to beat the Senators, The Dawgs to crush the Linguists, The Wolverines to rip apart the Hitmen, and in my upset special, the Bashers to beat the Lous.

AWARDS AND HONORS (Start next week, obviously)

Last week’s Hits leader- None yet
Last Week’s HR Leader- None yet
Last Week’s RBI Leader- None yet
Last Week’s SB Leader- None yet.

Last Week’s Wins leader- None Yet
Last Week’s ERA Leader- None Yet
Last Week’s K leader- None yet
Last Week’s WHIP leader- None Yet

Fantasy Player of the Week- None Yet
Dimaggio Division Player of the Week- None Yet
Ruth Division Player of the Week- None Yet
Mantle Division Player of the Week- None Yet

Game of the Week- No Games Played
Moment of the Week- No Games Played
Single Day Individual Performance of the Week


POWER RANKINGS

1. NY Bombers- Vlad + Gonzalez + Walker + Buehrle = #1
2. Michigan Wolverines- A close number two, the Wolverines should run away with the Dimaggio Division.
3. Saxmania's Swingers- A solid all around team with GREAT pitching.
4. Lordz of Flatbush- The defending Champs have a solid team again, and any team with Curt Schilling as their ace should not be counted out.
5. Evil Empire: Another team with a little bit of everything.
6. FOUR HORSEMEN- One of the best outfields in the league
7. Nine Angry Playaz- The defending Mantle Division champs.
8. Dawgs From Easton- Some curious trades before the season started have moved them here instead of 3rd.
9. Larrupin Lous- Pedro and Morris and Smoltz, oh my!
10. Junior’s Bashers- If only Boz hadn’t been busy during the draft… ;)
11. Senators- Average all around, should be solid. RJ as their #1 automatically gives them an edge over most competition.
12. Fishing w/ Mendoza- The only team (I believe) named in honor of Ramiro Mendoza without Mendoza on the team.
13. The Naked Truth- The rookie Patrick o. could surprise you.
14. The Cunning Linguists- #1PaFan’s team also could compete if some things go right.
15. Mattingly's Hitmen- This team could be in for a long season if they don't change, but they could surprise.
16. Italian Ice- Jim Thome, Derek Jeter, and Kerry Wood lead this team.
17. Newburgh Naughties- Losing Erubiel Durazo hurt their IF even more.

EXCLUDED FROM RANKINGS: New York Squeaks for obvious reasons. :)

Soriambi
03-29-03, 07:07 PM
Boz, when you read this can you change the topic from Weel One to Week One, thanks. :)

Bozidar
03-29-03, 07:08 PM
no, i refuse.. :)

Soriambi
03-29-03, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Bozidar
no, i refuse.. :)

:P ;) :lol: Thanks. :)

patrick.o
03-29-03, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Soriambi
13. The Naked Truth- The rookie Patrick o. could surprise you.
While 13 is my lucky number, I predict that you have me severely underranked.

I haven't gone over every roster, but how many teams in this league can boast of a better infield than the Truth? My outfield, which I was very unsure of after the draft, is going to kick some serious ass. Griffey and Gonzo have been tearing the cover off the ball and Burnitz and EverRAT have worked their way into my opening day lineup. No bigtime individual bangers in my bullpen, but sit back and watch what they do as a threesome.

If my rotation can be consistently decent (that's not too much to ask, is it?) then I'm going to wreck some havok on this league! Don't worry, though, I'll invite you all to the Naked Truth Championship Parade!

Soriambi
03-29-03, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by patrick.o

While 13 is my lucky number, I predict that you have me severely underranked.

I haven't gone over every roster, but how many teams in this league can boast of a better infield than the Truth? My outfield, which I was very unsure of after the draft, is going to kick some serious ass. Griffey and Gonzo have been tearing the cover off the ball and Burnitz and EverRAT have worked their way into my opening day lineup. No bigtime individual bangers in my bullpen, but sit back and watch what they do as a threesome.

If my rotation can be consistently decent (that's not too much to ask, is it?) then I'm going to wreck some havok on this league! Don't worry, though, I'll invite you all to the Naked Truth Championship Parade!

They're bunched pretty tight and there were some very tough decisions rankings-wise. I really could see you doing very well, you could be right, which is why I said you might be surprising. That's why they play the games. ;) :)

BrianNYYanks
03-29-03, 08:01 PM
Last minute Breaking News, Hampton to go on the DL along with Paul Byrd. F w/ Mendoza claims the rookies Horacio Ramirez and Trey Hodges.

patrick.o
03-29-03, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Soriambi
I’ll take.. ...the Bombers to bomb the Truth
Just to exemplify how good my team will be this season, I will start the year off by knocking the Bombers out of the #1 spot! And I predict that Griffey, Gonzo, and Burnitz will outshine Vlad, LuGo, and Walker this week!

That's right, the Truth is taking names and preparing to roll this league! Line yourselves up and pull down your trousers, cause I'm gonna spank you all so freaking bad you're gonna run home crying to your mamas!

LET THE BEATINGS BEGIN!!!!!!

Soriambi
03-29-03, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by BrianNYYanks
Last minute Breaking News, Hampton to go on the DL along with Paul Byrd. F w/ Mendoza claims the rookies Horacio Ramirez and Trey Hodges.

Thanks. As for the news update, I must point out that you STILL don't have Mendoza on your team, despite your logo being his picture ;) :lol:

Coney36
03-29-03, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Soriambi


Thanks. As for the news update, I must point out that you STILL don't have Mendoza on your team, despite your logo being his picture ;) :lol:

Maybe whoever has Mendoza would be willing to trade him? ;)

#1PaFan
03-29-03, 09:12 PM
14th, huh? Heh heh heh...

:smokin: :gulp:

YanksRockMan
03-29-03, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by #1PaFan
14th, huh? Heh heh heh...

:smokin: :gulp:
i get to beat your ass this week george ;) :gulp:

DAMN....how many times could i say that last year? :lol:

#1PaFan
03-29-03, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by YanksRockMan

i get to beat your ass this week george ;) :gulp:

DAMN....how many times could i say that last year? :lol:

Zero, Pete. Zero. :lol:

Yeah, I have some work to do with this team. I already have three guys on the DL. It looks like another slow start for the Linguists.

Good luck, hope you lose. :) :gulp:

Soriambi
03-29-03, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by #1PaFan
14th, huh? Heh heh heh...

:smokin: :gulp:

Win and you'll move up. ;) :lol:

BANZAIMATSUI
03-31-03, 12:10 AM
I like the Squeaks to get crushed this week, Mo Vaughn at first, LMFAO!!

patrick.o
04-25-03, 07:09 PM
13? I don't think so, pal! :D

Ya know, I have more HRs than the Linguists, Ice, and Dawgz combined :cool: Can you say "infield of doom!"? I bet you can!

#1PaFan
04-25-03, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by patrick.o
13? I don't think so, pal! :D

Ya know, I have more HRs than the Linguists, Ice, and Dawgz combined :cool: Can you say "infield of doom!"? I bet you can!

It's April 25th! We FINALLY have a Red Sox Troll, folks!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

patrick.o
04-25-03, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by #1PaFan


It's April 25th! We FINALLY have a Red Sox Troll, folks!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: I might have forgotten to mention that I also have a losing record! :lol: But, hey, I gotta talk some smack while I still can :cool: