PDA

View Full Version : 70's Lyrics Quiz

bxny
03-22-03, 07:58 PM
Do you remember AM radios, 8-tracks... disco? :)

Name the song and the artist.

1."Think of me, babe whenever... some sweet talkin' girl comes along, singing a song."

2."I need a drink and a quick decision."

3."When I look back on all the crap I learned in high school, it's a wonder I can think at all."

4."Some people choose the city, some others choose the good ol' family home"

5."My buddy's Jim Bass he's a working pumping gas and he makes $2.50 for an hour."

6."Something happened along the way and yesterday was all we had."

7."My woman takes me higher. My woman keeps me warm."

8."All of your brothers over in Africa tell all the folks in Egypt and Israel too."

9."I laughed at all of your jokes. My love you didn't need to coax."

10."If I could, baby I'd give you my world. How can I, when you won't take it from me?"

11."Underneath the covers, the answer lies."

12."Then my only worry was for Christmas what would be my toy."

13."I never knew there was so much love keeping me warm night and day."

14."My motto's always been 'When it's right, it's right', why wait until the middle of a cold, dark night?"

15."Now how could I ever refuse? I feel like I win when I lose!!"

16."Darling, you'll always be the only one for me -- heaven made you specially."

17."I'd rather be a fool with a broken heart than someone who's never had a part of you."

18."All that pressure got you down. Has your head spinning all around."

19."I want to make you understand I'm talking about a lifetime plan."

20."We got a thing goin' on."

Gringaloca
03-23-03, 01:52 PM
These are tough...some I knew immediately...the others will take some time..and a little off-key singing...:lol:

2. She's Gone - Hall &Oates
5. New York State of Mind (?) - Billy Joel
6. After The Love Is Gone - Earth Wind & Fire
7. You Should Be Dancing - Bee Gees
8. Love Train - O'Jays
12. Sir Duke- Stevie Wonder
16. Could It Be I'm Falling In Love? - Spinners
20. Me & Mrs. Jones - Billy Paul

terry14420
03-23-03, 02:02 PM
1. Love Will Keep Us Together-Capt. and Tenille

terry14420
03-23-03, 02:02 PM
3. Kodachrome-Paul Simon

terry14420
03-23-03, 02:03 PM
I'm doing this one at a time so I can get my post count up.:lol:

Gringaloca
03-23-03, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by terry14420
I'm doing this one at a time so I can get my post count up.:lol:

Are you using a "search engine"?...I've got about twenty 15 70's CD's sitting on the floor next to me...takes longer, but what great memories..:lol:

Trish
03-23-03, 03:24 PM
I'll play!

70's Lyrics Quiz
Do you remember AM radios, 8-tracks... disco?

Name the song and the artist.

1."Think of me, babe whenever... some sweet talkin' girl comes along, singing a song." Captain and Tenille--Love Will Keep up Together

2."I need a drink and a quick decision." She's Gone--Hall and Oates

3."When I look back on all the crap I learned in high school, it's a wonder I can think at all." Kodachrome--Paul Simon (one of my favorite all time songs.

4."Some people choose the city, some others choose the good ol' family home" Philadelphia Freedom--Elton John

5."My buddy's Jim Bass he's a working pumping gas and he makes $2.50 for an hour." Gold--John Stewart

6."Something happened along the way and yesterday was all we had." Earth, Wind and Fire--After the Love Is Gone

7."My woman takes me higher. My woman keeps me warm." BeeGees--You Should Be Dancin.

8."All of your brothers over in Africa tell all the folks in Egypt and Israel too." Love Train--O'Jays?

9."I laughed at all of your jokes. My love you didn't need to coax." Maggie May--Rod Stewart

10."If I could, baby I'd give you my world. How can I, when you won't take it from me?" Fleetwood Mac--Go Your Own Way

11."Underneath the covers, the answer lies." Undercover Angel--alan O'Day

12."Then my only worry was for Christmas what would be my toy." Stevie Wonder--I Wish (also a favorite)

13."I never knew there was so much love keeping me warm night and day." Leo Sayer--When I Need You

14."My motto's always been 'When it's right, it's right', why wait until the middle of a cold, dark night?" Starland Vocal Band--Afternoon Delight

15."Now how could I ever refuse? I feel like I win when I lose!!" Waterloo--Abba

16."Darling, you'll always be the only one for me -- heaven made you specially." Could it Be I'm Falling In Love--The Spinners

17."I'd rather be a fool with a broken heart than someone who's never had a part of you."Lead Me On--Maxine Nightingale?

18."All that pressure got you down. Has your head spinning all around." LeFreak--Chic

19."I want to make you understand I'm talking about a lifetime plan." Reminiscing--Little River Band

20."We got a thing goin' on." Me and Mrs. Jones--Billy Paul
I think that's all of them...thanks, this was fun and brought back a lot of memories:lol:

terry14420
03-23-03, 03:35 PM
Search engine? You give me too much credit. I just don't know how to switch back and forth. :confused:

bxny
03-23-03, 08:45 PM
Trish has all twenty right! Impressive. :)

Nice job by everyone. I only knew about half of them. I did know #5- was "Gold", only because Stevie Nicks sang backup grrrr :ga-ga:

bxny
03-23-03, 08:49 PM
21."I need you, by me, beside me to guide me."

22."I saw your face and that's the last I've seen of my heart."

23."Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear."

24."Baby, baby, I'll meet you -- same place, same time."

25."The cities and towns I've been in -- from Boston to Denver and every town in between."

26."The clothes she wears, her sexy ways, makes an old man wish for younger days."

27."Life ain't nothing but a funny, funny riddle!!!"

28."One floor below me, you don't even know me -- I love you."

29."Well, I guess it must be the woman in you who brings out the man in me."

30."I feel a change, something movin', I scream your name -- look what you've got me doin'!"

31."Then the door burst open wide, and my daddy stepped inside, and he kissed my mama's face…"

32."Well, I don't know why I came here tonight. I got the feeling that something ain't right."

33."Boy, oh boy have I got news for you!!"

34."My lover, my lady is the sea."

35."They want you as a new recruit!!!"

36."Too many broken hearts have fallen in the river. Too many lonely hearts have drifted off to sea."

37."I'd rather live in his world, than live without him in my world."

38."How's your life been going on? I've got a wife now, for years we've been going strong."

39."Conventionality belongs to yesterday."

40."Satisfaction came in a chain reaction."

Trish
03-24-03, 07:59 AM
I only have time to do a couple right now, but here goes:

21."I need you, by me, beside me to guide me." Last Dance--Donna Summer

22."I saw your face and that's the last I've seen of my heart." You Are the Woman--Firefall

23."Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear. Sing--The Carpenters

Trish
03-24-03, 10:00 AM
24."Baby, baby, I'll meet you -- same place, same time Get Down Tonight--KC and the Sunshine Band

27. "Life ain't nothing but a funny, funny riddle!!!" John Denver--Thank God I'm a Country Boy.

29."Well, I guess it must be the woman in you who brings out the man in me." Foreigner--Feels like the First Time

32."Well, I don't know why I came here tonight. I got the feeling that something ain't right." Steeler's Wheel--Stuck in the Middle With You

33."Boy, oh boy have I got news for you!!" Boogie Oogie Oogie-Taste of Honey

35."They want you as a new recruit!!!" In The Navy--Village People

36."Too many broken hearts have fallen in the river. Too many lonely hearts have drifted off to sea." The Things We Do For Love--10cc

37."I'd rather live in his world, than live without him in my world." Gladys Knight and the Pips--Midnight Train to Georgia

40."Satisfaction came in a chain reaction." Disco Inferno--The Tramps (I think)

The rest I have to think about for a while...I'll be singing all morning!

:lol:

Trish
03-24-03, 10:02 AM
39."Conventionality belongs to yesterday." Grease--Frankie Valli

38."How's your life been going on? I've got a wife now, for years we've been going strong." Ambrosia--How Much I Feel

Oh man, this is my life...lol

Gringaloca
03-24-03, 10:06 AM
26."The clothes she wears, her sexy ways, makes an old man wish for younger days." BrickHouse - Commodores

30."I feel a change, something movin', I scream your name -- look what you've got me doin'!" - Can't Get Enough Of Your Love- Barry White

Trish
03-24-03, 10:24 AM
25."The cities and towns I've been in -- from Boston to Denver and every town in between." It's a Miracle--Barry Manilow

26."The clothes she wears, her sexy ways, makes an old man wish for younger days." Brick House--Commodores

28."One floor below me, you don't even know me -- I love you." Tony Orlando and Dawn--Knock Three Times

30."I feel a change, I scream your name -- look what you've got me doin'!" Barry White--Cant' Get Enough of Your Love, Babe

31."Then the door burst open wide, and my daddy stepped inside, and he kissed my mama's face…" Paper Lace--The Night Chicago Died

34."My lover, my lady is the sea." Brandy--Looking Glass

Thank God I'm alone in the house...I've been singing up a storm

:lol:

yankeeschic12324
03-24-03, 10:21 PM
I think Im too young to be posting in this thread....:lol: :P :D

JK!:D ;)

Linda:NY:

bxny
03-25-03, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by yankeeschic12324
I think Im too young to be posting in this thread....:lol: :P :D

JK!:D ;)

Linda:NY:

Enjoy it while you can. :)

Here's a little example of what you have to look forward to in thirty years....

00's Lyrics Quiz

Do you remember FM radio, CD's...... rap?

Name the song and artist.

1. My name is, my name is, my name is, my name is,....

2. Hey baby, hey baby, hey baby, hey.

3. .......

:P ;)

bxny
03-25-03, 08:14 PM
Once again Trish and Gringaloca have all the right answers. :)

weirdwriter
03-26-03, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by bxny

Enjoy it while you can. :)

Here's a little example of what you have to look forward to in thirty years....

00's Lyrics Quiz

Do you remember FM radio, CD's...... rap?

Name the song and artist.

1. My name is, my name is, my name is, my name is,....

2. Hey baby, hey baby, hey baby, hey.

3. .......

:P ;)

lol, No Doubt sings the second. I know that cause they constantly play it on the radio and I can't stand it.

Who sang, "This Diamond Ring, it don't shine for me anymore...."? More importantly, who wrote it?

Trish
03-26-03, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by bxny
Once again Trish and Gringaloca have all the right answers. :)
Well, unfortunately, I can remember all these songs and artists with no problem at all...but ask me what I had for breakfast or what clothes I wore yesterday and I can't remember!:eek: :)

PalmerGA
03-26-03, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by weirdwriter
Who sang, "This Diamond Ring, it don't shine for me anymore...."? More importantly, who wrote it? Gary Lewis & the Playboys were the first to record it, back in 65 or so... I assume they wrote it too, but maybe not. I'll look it up on the internet... I just happen to have a computer right here in front of me.

PalmerGA
03-26-03, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by PalmerGA
Gary Lewis & the Playboys were the first to record it, back in 65 or so... I assume they wrote it too, but maybe not. I'll look it up on the internet... I just happen to have a computer right here in front of me. Later.... that same day:

Who wrote it? Al Kooper, Irwin Levine, and Bob Brass... in 1965. You, too, can look up many amazing tidbits of information on the internet.

terry14420
03-26-03, 12:19 PM
Al Kooper was great. He was the brains behid the original Blood Sweat and Tears,

# 21 Forever
03-26-03, 10:34 PM
I just found this thread! The only one that came to me immediately was # 29 Feel's Like The First Time. Of course that's only because I'm a huge Foreigner fan and Lou is a good friend of my family's! (ok so I'm getting old! What can I say? :lol: )

weirdwriter
03-27-03, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by PalmerGA
Gary Lewis & the Playboys were the first to record it, back in 65 or so... Who wrote it? Al Kooper, Irwin Levine, and Bob Brass... in 1965. You, too, can look up many amazing tidbits of information on the internet.

Thanks, Palmer. :) I was wondering cause I really love that song and then I was reading something and it said that Al Kooper wrote it, but whenever I asked anyone about it they mentioned the group, so I was confused. And of course this is the one thing I didn't google... :) Thanks.