PDA

View Full Version : Vote on the waiting period for trade approval.

Saxmania
03-21-03, 03:06 PM
To all League members:

There has been some debate over the regulations for trade approval. Last year, pretty much all trades were processed on the nod, in order to speed up roster editing and management for all owners. However, with a larger league that includes a wide array of owners' styles, there are complaints that unbalanced trades are not being prevented by the Commissioner and his assistants.

In order to avoid this problem, the rules suggested elsewhere on this Forum are in effect. However, the waiting time for trades to be automatically processed, which was originally 2 days, was switched to 5 days at the request of several owners. Some complaint has been heard over the last few days that this is too long a time period.

Please vote on the time period that trades should be pending before Yahoo processes them. Note that a waiting period of less than 2 or 3 days may mean that not everyone gets a chance to protest any unfair trades before they go through, since not everyone visits the site every day. However, a very long period will mean that trades will take a long time to take effect.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

Big_E
03-21-03, 03:30 PM
i voted for 2 days. As long as we have a legitimate 48 hours to view a trade before it's processed I think everyone will be happy. With 18 members (or 16, not involved in a trade) if even half of them get a chance to view and comment on a trade I don't think people would get too upset if something went through that they couldn't comment on. If one person out of 16 has a problem with a trade, it's probably personal, not legitimate.

But of course (and not to rehash the obvious) we didn't get 48 hours last time.

Bozidar
03-21-03, 03:34 PM
good idea, democratic and everything.

joltinjo
03-21-03, 08:48 PM
2 days is good with me. Long waiting periods are no fun.

Soriambi
03-22-03, 02:39 AM
I voted for 3 days, but I'm up for 2. Either 2-3 would be best imo. :)

terry14420
03-22-03, 11:49 AM
1 Day. Hit n' run, baby!

SanFrANSKY
03-22-03, 05:30 PM
2 days is plenty. Most of the folks that scrutinize trades closely go to the site every day. Even if you miss voting on a trade, so what? Good to have a life you know.

BrianNYYanks
03-23-03, 09:17 PM
2 is enough!

Saxmania
03-24-03, 07:55 AM
It is now 2 days, and will stay that way unless a MAJORITY - 10 owners, in other words - come forward to request a change. Now shut up about it! ;)

Note to all - please, when officially protesting a trade, make this clear in your post - "ditto" or vague comments about the trade won't do it. State something like "I officially protest" in your post, so that I can be sure that you're not just bitching (or kidding). I'd prefer an e-mail or PM so that protests can be anonymous, but at least please make it clear what you want.

Note also that the roster update day has been re-set to Sunday after Yahoo changed it - your rosters will only update once now before the season starts. However, since no points are being scored, this will not affect games - it just means you have to go to the Edit Lineup screen to check what your roster will look like for your first game.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

Big_E
03-24-03, 08:40 AM
Thanks, Saxmania!

Soriambi
03-24-03, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Saxmania
It is now 2 days, and will stay that way unless a MAJORITY - 10 owners, in other words - come forward to request a change. Now shut up about it! ;)

Note to all - please, when officially protesting a trade, make this clear in your post - "ditto" or vague comments about the trade won't do it. State something like "I officially protest" in your post, so that I can be sure that you're not just bitching (or kidding). I'd prefer an e-mail or PM so that protests can be anonymous, but at least please make it clear what you want.

Note also that the roster update day has been re-set to Sunday after Yahoo changed it - your rosters will only update once now before the season starts. However, since no points are being scored, this will not affect games - it just means you have to go to the Edit Lineup screen to check what your roster will look like for your first game.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

That's great that it's two days, but how did it become 5 days in the first place if nobody wanted it? :lol:

Saxmania
03-24-03, 02:10 PM
I had three owners within the space of a day tell me that it was far too short. I changed it.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

Soriambi
03-24-03, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Saxmania
I had three owners within the space of a day tell me that it was far too short. I changed it.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

How quickly they change their minds, huh? ;) :lol:

Saxmania
03-24-03, 04:58 PM
Geez, I could tell stories. Such a fickle bunch . . . ;)

Be seeing you,

Saxmania