PDA

View Full Version : Trade opinion/advice thread

Big_E
03-20-03, 05:35 AM
I don't know about you, but I am in 2 other leagues besides this one. I think it could be helpful to have a thread where we could bounce trade proposals off impartial parties, and get opinions and advice.

For example, what do you think of Adrian Beltre for Mike Williams? Even? Advantage to one team?

PLEASE USE THIS THREAD TO DISCUSS NON NYYFANS.COM TRADES ONLY.

terry14420
03-20-03, 08:01 AM
It sounds fairly even. The thing I think people often miss when looking at these trades is what that person needs. If you're strong in starting pitchers for example and very weak offensively, sometimes you may have to take less. It's not always as easy as saying he's better than him therefore you got screwed. :confused:

Ansky39
03-20-03, 09:16 AM
i think beltre'd be the safer bet, imho... :smokin:

Ansky39
03-20-03, 09:34 AM
haven't been able to sleep or concentrate at work for the last few days... http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/edoom/sick.gif

see, i got an offer in another one of my leagues for my man curt schilling, (yeah, i basically go all out to get him on all my teams :D )..

now normally i'd immediately hit reject and post something on the league message board about the suitor's moms or something, but this one kinda intrigued me... a lil...

This is my rotation:

Brooklyn Dodgers
SP Schilling, Curt (SP-Ari)
SP Schmidt, Jason (SP-SF)
RP Mantei, Matt (RP-Ari)
RP Julio, Jorge (RP-Bal)
P Burnett, A.J. (SP-Fla)
P Hernandez, Orlando (SP-Mon)
P Beckett, Josh (SP-Fla)
Bench Moss, Damian (SP-SF)
Bench Contreras, Jose (SP-NYY)

this is the offer:

please dont lose
Percival, Troy (RP-Ana)
Washburn, JarrodNA (SP-Ana)

Brooklyn Dodgers
Schilling, Curt (SP-Ari)

and since i always consider the impact on the opposing team in potential trades, here is the rest of his rotation:

please dont lose
SP Johnson, Randy (SP-Ari)
SP Washburn, Jarrod (SP-Ana)
RP Gagne, Eric (RP-LA)
RP Nen, Robb (RP-SF)
P Percival, Troy (RP-Ana)
P Koch, Billy (RP-CWS)
P Kim, Byung-Hyun (RP-Ari)
Bench Ohka, Tomo (SP-Mon)
Bench Weber, Ben (RP-Ana)
Bench Rhodes, Arthur (RP-Sea)

so whatchatink???

do i a) accept this blasphemous offer of two studs for one sending my man, uh, idol curt schilling to join big unit to form the diamondacks of my league to obvious disdain and contempt of my peers in the league...
http://mysmilies.creativesell.net/contrib/edoom/Thinkingof_.gif

or should i b) reject this trojan horse offer and post something obscene about his moms on the league message board... http://216.40.249.192/s/contrib/geno/cool2.gif

decisions, decisions... :smokin:

appreciate any and all feedback...

terry14420
03-20-03, 10:05 AM
I say reject it. Washburn is already missing at least his first start. When healthy Schill, RJ and Pedro are so far the best it shouldn't even be considered. You have a good enough bullpen. DON'T DO IT ! ! !

Ansky39
03-21-03, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by terry14420
I say reject it. Washburn is already missing at least his first start. When healthy Schill, RJ and Pedro are so far the best it shouldn't even be considered. You have a good enough bullpen. DON'T DO IT ! ! !

thanks for the feedback.. i took your advice and told that pric_ sob, to shove his god_ann offer where the good sun don't shine...

that is what you suggested right... :smokin:

Bozidar
03-21-03, 11:52 AM
I was going to say REJECT also. Jarod was good last year, but i'm not sold on him. An analyst from ESPN, one of the fantasy guys, said he wouldn't touch any of the ANA starters except muh boy Ortiz.