PDA

View Full Version : Abreu for Lugo AND Mr.Mark

Bozidar
03-18-03, 03:59 PM
I have an objection to this trade based. I think it's extremely lopsided.

I don't call into question anyone's motives in making the trade, but i am concerned about maintaining competative balance if we allow trades like this to go through.

As per the discussion on Yahoo!, this is my official objection.

Hitman23
03-18-03, 04:07 PM
We should make up a panel of 4 or more owners that need to approve any trade before it goes through. We do that in another league I'm in and it works well.

I haven't visited the board in a few days, so if this has been suggested, my bad.

Bozidar
03-18-03, 04:11 PM
Yeah, i suggested the NYYFans FBL Security Counsil :)

Bozidar
03-18-03, 04:18 PM
for the record, the D-Backs seem to think that Lugo still has at least 3 years left in the tank:
Luis Gonzalez (http://www.rotoworld.com/display2.asp?sport=MLB&page=players&X=4576&Y=0) - OF - Arizona Diamondbacks Mar 18

The Diamondbacks have called a press conference to announce the signing of Luis Gonzalez to a contract extension.
ESPN's Peter Gammons reported that the deal would be worth $30 million over three years

yankeesrule2000
03-18-03, 05:08 PM
Sorry guys i didnt think this would be so huge, i traded away my outfielder looking for an ace to bolster up my pitching....I tried to pry away Luis too and it worked...i had no intentions of cheating Pete or the league..

Bozidar
03-18-03, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by yankeesrule2000
i had no intentions of cheating Pete or the league..
Don't sweat it, Rich.

Originally posted by Bozidar
I don't call into question anyone's motives in making the trade

yankeesrule2000
03-18-03, 05:14 PM
Yes Boz, i know..But i dont want people hating me or thinking im a cheater for trying to improve my team.

Soriambi
03-18-03, 05:17 PM
Yes Boz, i know..But i dont want people hating me or thinking im a cheater for trying to improve my team.

No one does. Don't worry about it. :)

Bozidar
03-18-03, 05:21 PM
Yes Boz, i know..But i dont want people hating me or thinking im a cheater for trying to improve my team. Everyone should improve their team.

I'm going to offer Pete my Cassey Fossum for Bobby. Maybe he'll go for it? If he kicks back, then i'll throw in sterling hitchcock and a bag of poodle .................

Honestly, it's not your fault he accepted it. I've rejected a few trades already :)

Note to the noobs -- ya gotta worry about your team first, but make sure you don't create a powerhouse in the process.

Ansky39
03-20-03, 08:29 AM
i objected the second i got notification of it... 2 seconds later it got processed... ahh the stench anti lords conspiracy is thick... but worry not, we shall prevail... http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/otn/violent/badass.gif

yo rich ditto what boz said man, it's not you, it's the process i dislike...

and for what it's worth, (which apparently ain't much these days due to the reportedly strained relationship between Flatbush Owner and the Small Market Owner turned Commish, (who by the way, i elected, endorsed, campaigned for and will always support :D ), perhaps heightened by bogus sanfran claims of the Lords buying the World Series last seas), i like hitman's idea...