PDA

View Full Version : Yes! The Giants do have an offense

kgblues
12-10-00, 06:46 PM
I was there today, and although not shocked by the great play by the Big Blue Defense, I was very happy to see the Giants actually ring up some points like other teams. Collins, Tiki, and Hillard were great.
Shut down the bus and take Stewart out of game all adds up to a great, great win!
A win next week at Dallas and we are division champs.
I'm juiced baby!

patrick.o
12-10-00, 07:03 PM
Great game by the Giants. I didn't think too much would come of Fassel's new take charge attitude, but boy, was I wrong! I'm beginning to think that they may be able to make some noise in the playoffs.
One thing I don't understand, though. I was just at NFL.com checking out the playoff scenarios, and Philly has chinched a playoff berth while the Giants have not, even though the Giants have a better record and would win the tie-breaker between the two. How is that possible?

seahorse
12-10-00, 10:04 PM
Great game today!

MAFIA
12-11-00, 08:29 AM
KG, great win for you guy's and for me, you saw THE RAIDERS destroy THE JETS. YOU guy's have a tough one against DALLAS next week, no matter how bad OR how good either of those teams are, usually the worst team win's, look what DALLAS did to the SKIN'S. I AM worried about them damn BRONCOS , I wanna beat them and slide them under a closet.

bxny
12-11-00, 03:02 PM
Hey kg, that was GREAT game for a Giant fan to attend. I watched most of it, the Giants looked REAL good. They seem to be peaking at the right time......BEAT DALLAS!!!

Ansky39
12-11-00, 04:25 PM
oh yeah baby... that offense looked sharp... we look a lot better when we're not continually giving the ball to dayne... no offense, but i hope we use tiki and the passing game more down the stretch...

SanFrANSKY
12-11-00, 06:41 PM
The game was televised out here, and I gotta say the Jints did pretty good. I hope this is a portent of things to come and the the 'O' continues to make me eat my mean words.

#1PaFan
12-14-00, 08:07 PM
What do you guys think of Dayne? I expected a helluva lot more out of him this year. (He's really hurt the Cunning Linguists this year)

He just looks really slow and tentative.

patrick.o
12-15-00, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by #1PaFan

If you look up Dayne in the dictionary, that'll be the definition. But...he is only a rookie, and with a mere 83 yards over the next two games he will break the club rookie rushing record. So I guess that bodes well.

patrick.o
12-15-00, 12:21 AM
ps to PaFan- Don't ever take a rookie in your fantasy draft!!!! Besides Moss and Culpepper, who can you think of that has ever been worth a draft pick as a rookie?

#1PaFan
12-15-00, 03:16 AM
When you're in a keeper league with a big roster (34 in our case), you BETTER draft some rookies!!

MAFIA
12-15-00, 04:42 AM
TIM BROWN!

Ansky39
12-15-00, 05:40 AM
What do you guys think of Dayne? I expected a helluva lot more out of him this year. (He's really hurt the Cunning Linguists this year)

UGGHHHH!!! he frustrates the hell outta me... he just doesn't impress me at all... he's always waiting for blocking and goes down at the first sight of contact...

i can't hate him though cause he seems like a decent guy, but i'd much rather have tiki as the featured back... it's working in tampa where they've been using warrick dunn more w/ alstot injured...

patrick makes a valid point though, butit's just so hard to watcch him plod 2 yards then drop...

patrick.o
12-15-00, 11:22 AM
When you're in a keeper league with a big roster (34 in our case), you BETTER draft some rookies!!

A 34 man roster! :eek: Damn, man, your draft must take FOREVER! How many teams in your league?

#1PaFan
12-15-00, 03:52 PM

Hi Patrick. Ahh, I LOVE talking fantasy football! :)

Our League, the Central Penn FFL, has 12 teams and you're right, it does take forever with a draft. We keep a player at each position which cuts the time down somewhat but not nearly enough.

On offense (full roster), we have 3 QBs, 3 RBs, 5 RECs, 2 Kickers, 2 Offensive Line units and 2 extras (QB, RB, or REC)
On defense, we have 3 DLs, 4 LBs, 4 DBs, 2 punt/kick return units, and 4 extras (DL, LB, or DB). That works out to 360 position players.
This past draft lasted over 5 hours.

And we count just about every damn thing: yards, receptions, tackles, assists, sacks, ints, fumble recoveries, first downs, net yardage, etc.

This week is our Super Bowl (VI for this current league) but, for the first time in three years, my Cunning Linguists aren't involved. (We're the goddamn Buffalo Bills of fantasy football -- 0-5 in the Big One)

BTW, I agree with you. In a NORMAL :) league, drafting a rookie could be suicide.

I hope your team is doing well this year. :)

patrick.o
12-23-00, 11:24 AM
PaFan-
I've typed two lenthy responses since your last post on this thread, only to accidently erase them just before I hit the Submit Reply button. Talk about banging your head against your desk! Anyway, here goes again. I'm gonna try to keep this one short!
I too love fantasy football. I'm in a ten team league and I'm sitting in the fourth and final playoff spot going into this final week. If I win I'm in, lose and I'm out.
Our league is pretty simple. It's basicly just points scored and yardage, with a few minor twists. We use a 20 man roster and start 9 - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, and 1 team D. After this weeks games we take the first week of the NFL playoffs off then have a redraft to re-fill our rosters. The second round of the NFL playoffs is our first round, and the Championship games are our SuperBowl week. In the four years I've been playing, I'm 1-1 in the big game. Hopefully I'll get another shot this year.
It's almost game time right now and I've got Tiki, Ike, and the Giants D going today vs. my opponents Flutie, Rod Smith, and Pete Mitchell. GO GIANTS! (except for you, Pete. You let Campbell catch those TD's, ya hear?)

#1PaFan
12-23-00, 11:39 AM
Good Luck Patrick!

Today is our Pro Bowl. Highest scoring team wins the pot. I hope Dayne wakes up today.

Nome
12-23-00, 05:25 PM
I'm happy as hell that the Giants won the game today. I was watching the game sporadically while redoing my Mother-inLaws kitchen, but from what I saw the Gints didn't have much of an offense for the first three quarters. Did I miss something?

kgblues
12-23-00, 07:59 PM
Yeah Nome, there was a 3 run HR in the bottom of the 4th quarter

Nome
12-24-00, 11:00 AM
KG,

I saw that, but I didn't see much else up till then. Hey we won.

Good to see you on the boards.

kgblues
12-24-00, 01:01 PM
Likewise Nome, Did you ever make it to Alaska and do some Salmon fishing? I'm going up to the Niagara River in 3 weeks or so to do some Steelhead and Brown (hopefully) fishing. Prime time for it. Cold as hell. But you got to pay the price ya know?

Ansky39
12-24-00, 02:17 PM
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE NFC EAST CHAMPS!!!!

ONE ROAD TO THE SUPERBOWL BABY!!!!!

TWO HOME WINS AWAY!!!

YA GOTTA BELIEVE!!!!

kgblues
12-24-00, 06:22 PM
Ansky39, Have you ever seen a play like Seahorn made? It looked like he got shot out of a cannon. Clutch plays when we needed them
Win 3 in a row baby and oh what sweet deal. Yanks & Big Blue. Now if the Knicks can put together the same deal. Well, I'm not sure about that one.

bxny
12-24-00, 07:09 PM
The Giants get homefield throughout with a first round bye, and they have a solid defense and running game. It's looking good.... GOOD LUCK!

#1PaFan
12-24-00, 09:12 PM
My Pack is out. (Thanks for NOTHING New Orleans!)

OK, let's go Giants!

Ansky39
12-25-00, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by kgblues
Ansky39, Have you ever seen a play like Seahorn made? It looked like he got shot out of a cannon. Clutch plays when we needed them

ditto kg and we needed it. poetic justice... especially after that wuss taylor critized our secondary and sehorn in particular... clutch plays by a clutch player...

Originally posted by kgblues
Yanks & Big Blue. Now if the Knicks can put together the same deal. Well, I'm not sure about that one.

oh man we CAN still dream kg... gotta believe...

happy holidays

Nome
12-25-00, 01:16 PM
KG,

Two friends and I spent a glorious five days fishing in Alaske in June (on a 10 day vacation) and we caught our limit of King Salmon, and also got some Halibut and Cod. The trip was fantastic.
In August we went to Cabo San Lucas and got some Yellowfin Tuna and Mahi Mahi and yours truly contributed to the Mexican Police benefit by getting a driving ticket simply for being a "gringo".
I envy your Salmon trip. I am eagerly awaiting the fishing shows that will start in Feb to get some ideas of new places to fish in 2001.

Merry Christmas and take care.

SanFrANSKY
12-25-00, 07:32 PM
Well, well, well ... top seed in the playoffs and HFA throughout. Never once did I dare to dream, but now I'm daring.

So who do we want in the second round. The Rams already beat us but they were a "different" team then, right?

Tampa?

I doubt we'll face the Eagles because they're the #4 seed, right?

Can't believe I'm getting sucked into this vortex of optimism, but ...

MAFIA
12-27-00, 10:22 AM
I AM not putting the GIANTS down, they have gotten my respect over the last 5 week's, they will be a team to reckon with. BUT there are some great team's in the wing, do not laugh at THE RAMS, if they can get by THE SAINTS in which I think they can, watch out for them, there offense is scary and when they have to there defense can be very good.