PDA

View Full Version : Raiders!!!

gsars5
11-06-00, 06:40 PM
I was just wondering if there are any other Oakland Raider fans out there? If so, don't they look great 8-1 ain't too shabby. If it wasn't for my wife I wouldn't even watch football, but you gotta have something to pass the time until Spring Training starts. Life would be so sweet if the Raiders win the Super Bowl a few monthes after the Yanks won the WS. Well I can dream can't I.

bxny
11-10-00, 04:13 PM
No Raider fan here...

I still haven't forgiven them for the 38-9 drubbing they gave my Redskins in Super Bowl XVIII, just shows the BEST team doesn't always win. They look good so far this year, if the Skins offense can ever get it together this year maybe we'll see a rematch.

artemis
11-10-00, 06:29 PM
Me, me!!

I used to live near Oakland & loved them (hang the yuppie-glorified niners! you could never get tickets anyway) - & even here in Chicago, I get to see most of the games. Aren't they playing the Broncos Monday night? should be fun!

gsars5
11-12-00, 09:35 AM
Yes they are playing the Broncos on Mon. I hope they beat them this time, their only loss this year is to that stupid team. I hate the Broncos as much as I hate the BlowSox. I wish I could afford to get a dish, so I could see every game. Oh well, maybe I'll ask Santa.

Just win baby...just win

MAFIA
11-13-00, 06:15 AM
RAIDERS are the best team in football as we speak, they finally got a qb, which they havbe not had since PLUNKETT. 1984, I alway's thought that , that team was gonna beat the SKIN'S, those teams were very good, thought they could of taken a couple of more title's , but SEATTLE knocked them out in 85 in which they looked really flat in that game, and of course in 86 when the PATRIOTS beat them, I could not believe that game, my heart was pounded. BUT this guy GRUDEN has done wonders.

bxny
11-13-00, 05:41 PM
Hi Mafia...

I guess I was blinded by loyalty in '84, I just didn't see the Raiders staying close, nevermind them beating the Skins. The Skins seemed to have everything going for them; defending Champs, the Hogs, Riggins was unstoppable, Theismann was on top of his game, etc. I watched the game at a bar in Austin, Tx surrounded by Cowboy fans and wearing my hog nose. When Squirek intercepted the ball and scored to go up 21-3 right before halftime I couldn't BELIEVE what was happening, I caught hell that night, thank God for alcohol :lol: . I've gotta give the Raiders credit, they whipped the Skins from start to finish.

A Raiders/Bears Super Bowl would've been a much better game than the Pats. I don't think anyone was going to stop the Bears defense that year, of course I'd already learned my lesson about doubting THOSE Raiders.

FresnoBob
11-13-00, 06:51 PM
I would like to say I hate the Raiders, but anyone who has had to read so much garbage about the "'Niners" for the past decade welcomes a change. Thanks for pushing the preppies from the other side of the Bay to page two. Now, if we could just do something about their fans, the Niner-whiners.

#1PaFan
11-13-00, 08:34 PM
Well, they're off to a rather shaky start here.

I don't really care who wins this game, but I need Terrell Davis and Rod Smith to really light it up!

27 in '01

gsars5
11-14-00, 02:04 PM
Well that was one pathetic display of football by my Raiders last night. The turnovers, blocked punt, there was so much wrong I can't believe they let the friggin Donkeys win. I hope next year when the Donkeys move into their new stadium they will lose their hold on my guys. Just like the Yanks in Seattle, it wasn't until the Mariners moved into Safeco that we started really beating them in their own house. Hopefully the same will happen to the Raiders. The Donkeys are not a good team, but my Raiders and the Jets the week before are sure making them look like Super Bowl contenders:barf: The Donkeys have to be shut down permanently.:bad: Any suggestions?

MAFIA
11-15-00, 06:51 AM
THAT super bowl in 84, I knew it would be tough, and a close game, I thought the game could of went either way, but 38-9 was definanly not what people expected, in 86, I thought THE RAIDERS would of been a better match also, defense and the running game was the key, that defense was nasty and tough, and just maybe could of held THE BEARS TO a low score. RAIDERS AND DENVER, every time they play in mile high it's a thriller.

MAFIA
12-07-00, 12:36 PM
NO doubt if GANNON keep's up his great play, his definately the most valuable player on this RAIDERS team, RAIDERS are gonna win this game, TIM BROWN is gonna be huge as alway's in this one.

MAFIA
12-11-00, 11:47 AM
31-7, all I gotta say is that THE SILVER AND BLACK are back, ERIC ALLEN you played great man, WHEATLEY you were solid as usual, what can you say about MR. GANNON? THE JETS are a better team than what they showed last night, but the bottom line is we spanked them hard, better at every position last night, even if we played them at THE MEADOW'S we still would of spanked them and FIREMAN ED.

gsars5
12-11-00, 03:47 PM
Yes that was a SWEET game!!! Earlier in the day a friend of mine, who happens to be a Jet fan( yeah,I know...)was telling me how the Raiders defense is too young and the Raiders haven't had to face a real team yet and on and on, well this win hopefully shut up all those Raider doubters, this team is for REAL!!!!

Just Win Baby!!!

MAFIA
12-17-00, 04:45 AM
TOUGH LOSS, where in lets do some damage.

MAFIA
12-18-00, 06:42 AM
HAS WHEATLEY turned out to be a good pickup or what? HE has had a pretty good year, let's hope he can carry it into the playoff's.

gsars5
12-18-00, 07:39 AM
That was a tough loss. I'm still trying to understand that supposed 'safety', I still think it should have been Raider ball on the 1-yard line. But I guess you can't blame one bad call, our offense should have played better. You're right about Wheatley, the Giants left him for dead and since he's been a Raider he has been more than we could have hoped for. I am glad that Denver lost also so we still have a chance at the division, as long as Denver loses next week and we win. We should be able to beat Carolina, Beuerlein is nothing, that's why we let him go, now we have a real quarter-back, go Gannon the Cannon!!!

gsars5
12-24-00, 09:23 PM
WHAT A GAME!!!! 52-9!!! There's no stopping US now!!!

JUST WIN BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

MAFIA
12-25-00, 08:29 AM
WE got a good shot at winning it! JUST got to keep playing solid, great defense man, I want DENVER, I want them real bad, it's playoff's, these guy's got something comeing to them.

gsars5
01-03-01, 07:55 PM
'bad Moon' Rison Finds a Home In Oakland
Updated 7:02 PM ET January 3, 2001
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) Usually quite talkative, Oakland Raiders receiver Andre Rison has nothing to say about the Kansas City Chiefs. Their season is over.

Rison is still playing - and it's sweet.

Rison, a 12-year veteran, was unceremoniously cut by the Chiefs in the preseason and picked up by the Raiders a week later.

"Really, I don't care," he said about Kansas City's decision to let him go. "I really don't care much for that organization. I'm glad I'm here."

He's been having his best season since 1997, when he caught 72 passes for 1,092 yards and seven scores. So far this season, he's got 41 catches for 606 yards and six touchdowns.

He'll try to increase those numbers Saturday, when the AFC West champion Raiders (12-4) play the Miami Dolphins (12-5) at the Oakland Coliseum.

At first, Rison's signing seemed like an odd fit. The Raiders already had veteran Tim Brown, whose strengths are similar.

There was also talk that Rison was more trouble than he was worth. He was accused of writing bad checks in Missouri and of stealing tape recording equipment in Kansas.

There was also his much-publicized turbulent relationship with Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes of the R&B group TLC.

But Rison settled in comfortably with the Raiders. He quickly learned the offensive scheme and won over his coaches and teammates with his work ethic and sense of humor.

"I just think his competitive nature on game day is rare. He's got great stop-and-start quickness. He has no fear," coach Jon Gruden said. "The bigger the game, the bigger the situation, the better he plays."

Rison, 33, is not sure why the Chiefs let him go.

Some said Kansas City was going with younger receivers. The 6-foot Rison also heard the Chiefs thought he was too short.

One of the first people to call him after the release was Oakland quarterback Rich Gannon.

"He's a very talented player and I think that his record speaks for itself, as far as what he is able to do and what he has done in the National Football League," Gannon said.

While coming to a team that already had a receiver like Brown might have intimidated some, Rison welcomed the chance.

"This is a team and this is a team effort. Just because Tim might have more catches, that doesn't mean that I don't feel like I'm the best or he doesn't feel like he's the best," Rison said. "We've got a job to do. And we're close friends, more than anything."

Both Brown and Rison said they're able to make more plays because they're not getting double-teamed as much.

Brown, who won the 1987 Heisman Trophy at Notre Dame, has spent his entire 13-year career with the Raiders. This season, he has a career-best 11 touchdown receptions, and 76 total catches for 1,128 yards.

Brown and Rison are among the league's top career receivers. Brown is sixth with 846 catches, while Rison is 12th with 743. They are ranked 10th and 17th, respectively, in career yardage

Gannon hasn't favored either receiver, instead hitting up to nine different players in a single game. The Raiders are ranked seventh in the AFC in passing.

"Anytime you have another guy who can catch balls over the middle and basically run the same routes that I'm running, it helps you out tremendously," Brown said.

Rison is at ease with his new team and new role.

His neck is tattooed with a four-leaf clover, and his arm bears the words "Bad Moon," a play on his name and the Creedence Clearwater Revival song.

Fitting for a Raider.

"I think it's something that every little kid that grows up always wants to do - eventually some day play for the Raiders," Rison said. "I don't care what anybody says, when you're a little kid you want to play for the Raiders or the Cowboys. The Raiders were mine."

You just gotta love that last paragraph...

Here's the link:
http://sports.excite.com/nfl/news/010103/sl-sports-nfl-3298557

SanFrANSKY
01-05-01, 02:17 AM
Really, the fans of the Oakland Raiders deserve this. They have been taking it up the butt without vaseline from Al Davis and the Oakland Football Marketing Organization. After the deal to move the Raiders back went bad for the county, and after a string of local blackouts of home games, there is finally something to cheer about in the East Bay.

Too, there's been a lot of bandwagon-jumping going on here but that's to be expected.

I hope the Raiders get to the big one, even if they do get mashed by the Giants!

gsars5
01-05-01, 07:37 AM
Get mashed by the Giants...Hahaha. The Giants aren't even going to make it that far, and if they do they are no match for the Raiders, we'll spank them like we spanked Carolina. :D:D:D

MrJack
01-06-01, 04:08 PM
I'm not a Raiders fan, but it sure is fun watching them slap the blowfish around.....This Fiedler clown makes Vinnie Testeverde look like Joe Montana. :lol:

Jim F.
01-06-01, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by MrJack
I'm not a Raiders fan, but it sure is fun watching them slap the blowfish around.....This Fiedler clown makes Vinnie Testeverde look like Joe Montana. :lol:

I was thinking the same thing! I'm loving seeing Hootie get Blown away...

-jim

Ansky39
01-06-01, 06:10 PM
poor jets fans... still bitter that their perennial underacheiving j-e-t-s ("just-end-the- tuna-stench" http://www.jets.usuck.com/) missed the playoffs again... and your annual coach drive started a little early this year don'yt you think... guess groh couldn't stand the stench of rotting tuna either... yeah, we took one on the chin, but the phins overacheived this seas, and met a little more than they could handle in the raiders, while as usual, your overhyped j-e-t-s failed to qualify for the postseason...

and if i recall the raiders were very instrumental in keeping the j-e-t-s out.

i can understand really why you're bitter... w/ my phins, a div rival getting in the playoffs while the giants, a first class professional model for success dominating headlines at home i can really undertsand why you'd revel in my teams exit... i'll take my lumps for now...
but just remember, as bad as we were today, we're still better the afc east champs, and that makes us better than the j-e-t-s...

poor jets fans... ;)
http://forums.bronx-bombers.com/upload/Ansky3901060119095917.jpg

Jim F.
01-06-01, 06:26 PM
Gee, ansky, who's bitter? Us, or a fan of a team that just got their asses bitch slapped by the Raiders in the playoffs - their second purely overpowering playoff outing in recent years, yet is still worried about the Jets, a division rival who didn't even make the playoffs? Ansky, it's okay. I can feel your pain.

The Jets got bitch slapped by the Raiders as well, but they kept themselves out of the playoffs. No other team had any bearing on their final status.

Ansky, next time you buy Tuna, make sure it's Dolphin safe, okay?

-jim

GO EAGLES!!

MrJack
01-06-01, 06:33 PM
Humiliated and shut out by the Raiders and still focusing on the Jets.....I LOVE IT.
P.S. The Bengals would've put up a better fight today. :lol:

Stick Michael
01-06-01, 06:34 PM
Here's how Dan Marino's plaque should read when he's inducted into Canton:

"Throughout their illustrious careers Joe Montana and John Elway combined to win 6 NFL championships.

...throughout their illustrious careers Joe Montana, John Elway and Dan Marino combined to win 6 NFL championships!"

James

MAFIA
01-07-01, 05:04 AM
RAIDERS BABY! GREAT defense, I cannot wait till next week.

Ansky39
01-07-01, 06:19 AM
yo jim, i hear kotite's available...

quote of the day:
http://p18.s502.c10.k12.wv.us/homepage/HOME2000/BORSINI/frright.htm

profund thought of the day: http://216.240.185.202/_disc1/000000ed.htm

Anatomy of a Jet
8:56 am wednesday november 22, 2000

"A jet engine has two ends, front and rear. In the front, the intake, it sucks.In the rear, the exhaust, it blows."

-WoodenMike

hey maf, check out this site.
for maf: http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~skyswab/

Ansky39
01-07-01, 06:22 AM
...on letterman that is...

From the Home Office in it's the Top Ten List for October 25, 1996
Ways I, David Letterman, Will Spend My Extra Hour This Weekend
10. Get caught up on my refrigerator-repair correspondence course
9. Interview potential nannies for Madonna
8 Write another cranky letter to CBS begging them to bring back "Barnaby Jones"
7. Two words: step aerobics
6. The same as every Saturday night -- get it on with Joan Lunden
5. Enjoy the "Dick Clark Rockin' Daylight Savings" special
4. Take time to stop, sit back and really contemplate how much the Jets suck
3. Answer mail from pen pals, Lyle and Erik
2. Knock back a few dozen espressos and chase squirrels around the yard
1 Fertilize and mulch my hairpiece
http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/topten/lists/19961025.shtml

The Top Ten List

"Ways Bob Dole Could Still Win the Election"

As presented on the 10/21/96 broadcast of LATE SHOW with DAVID LETTERMAN

10. New slogan: "Vote for Dole, Get a Free Blueberry Muffin"
9. Challenge Clinton to a winner-take-all game of "Yahtzee"
8. Convince the boys in Van Halen to put aside their differences and
start crankin' out some more bitchin' tunes
7. Work around the clock to win endorsement from that hilarious "Kramer"
guy
6. Release DNA test proving that he fathered Madonna's baby
5. At each campaign stop, strip down, oil up and shoot a few Mr.
Universe poses
4. Replace Jack Kemp with the lovely Yasmine Bleeth of "Baywatch"
3. Brag to newspapers, "Hey, at least I'm not as bad as the Jets!"
2. Act more presidential by stuffing his face with french fries and
nailing Barbra Streisand
1. Two words: mass hypnosis

The Top Ten List

"Surprises in O.J.'s CBS Interview"

As presented on the 10/22/96 broadcast of LATE SHOW with DAVID LETTERMAN

10. As soon as the trial is over, he's agreed to play "The Phantom" on
Broadway
9. His new strategy: replace costly defense team with Psychic Friends
Network
8. No matter what the question was, O.J. kept insisting that he and
Princess Di are "just friends"
7. He's renting a time-share in the Poconos with Mark Fuhrman
6. His new e-mail address: http://www.I can't believe I got away with
murder.com
5. Kept playfully lunging at interviewer with butter knife and yelling,
"Gotcha!"
4. He's been asked to come out of retirement by the New York Jets
3. Spent entire interview leafing through copy of Playboy , muttering,
"had her," "had her," "almost had her "
2. Admitted that he sometimes thinks about killing musician John Tesh
1. His opening act: the Menendez brothers

The Top Ten List

"Ways President Clinton Could Still Lose the Election"

As presented on the 10/23/96 broadcast of LATE SHOW with DAVID LETTERMAN

10. End every speech by shouting, "Let's give California to the
Belgians"
9. Hire new campaign manager: Michael Dukakis
8. Appear on CNN giving back rubs to Saddam Hussein
7. Agree to "spot" Bob Dole two hundred million votes
6. Announce his plan to raise taxes 30% and spend all the money on
hookers and Cheetos
5. At final rally, surprise walk-on by the Menendez brothers
4. Replace entire National Guard with New York Jets defensive line
3. Reveal he's already arranged a date with Madonna's baby for the year
2. Former White House physician publishes tell-all book about his pasty
white thighs
1. New campaign slogan: "I'm only in it for the chicks"

gsars5
01-07-01, 08:48 AM
That was a great game...27-0...the Fish just layed there...the didn't even try. Only 2 more wins to a perfect Y2K...the Yanks win the WS and my Raiders are on their way. It just doesn't get much better than this!!!

Raiders baby!!!! Just keep winning Baby!!!

Jim F.
01-07-01, 10:45 AM
Ansky, so much bitterness for the Jets, and I can understand why. I mean, if my team blew a 30 point lead in the fourth quarter, I'd be pissed to. But I'd be pissed at how much my team sucks, not pissed at the team that exposed how much my team sucks...

Oh, by the way, can't you come up with your own material? You keep having to use other people's. This would be much more fun if you used your own creativity ;).

-jim

CalifYanksFan
01-09-01, 10:40 PM
Speaking of pissed. They had Rodney Peete of the Raid-ahs on the Jim Rome show and he was saying that a friend of his went into one of the bathrooms and saw a guy wearing a fish jacket, get beaten up, jacket ripped off, knocked out and urinated on by Raider fans. Nice touch of class Oakland. I like the team hate most of the fans. Did you see those freaks? I thought it was October 31st. I don't know who's worse Raider fan or Eagle fan.

I remember when the Rams played out here in Anaheim and every 3 years the Raiders would come in for a game. Nothing but fights and people getting arrested. It always amazed me that people would pay (then) $35-$40 a seat just to get kicked out. Obviously not a lot of business or economic majors out there.

gsars5
01-14-01, 08:35 PM
Well, I guess it's time to close this thread once and for all... My team didn't perform well at all today.. I'm very humbled by a dominant Baltimore team. The Raiders just couldn't execute and were beaten by a better team. I have been a Raider fan since late '84 and never actually watched them in a Super Bowl, before then I could care less about football, so it would have been nice to see them make it. But, I really feel bad for my wife, she's been a Raider fan her whole life, her Dad used to rock her to sleep watching the games. She really wanted this and I really wanted it for her. She wasn't a baseball fan until she met me and had to listen to me talk about Yankee championships, but finally got to experience it for herself. Someday I know what it will be like also, but for now at the very least I know ST is just around the corner. Thanks for letting me ramble and sorry to all you Giant fans but I must root for the AFC...gulp...go RAVENS!!!

MrJack
01-15-01, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by MAFIA
same here I have to go AFC.
I'm a lifelong AFC fan....I think Ravens are gonna win, and I'll undoubtedly root for them as well....If the Giants win, that will be OK too.....This is a toughie.

gsars5
02-05-01, 08:28 AM
How about my man Gannon in the Pro-Bowl yesterday, 2 TD's and MVP, the guy reminds me of what quarterbacks are supposed to be...GUTS. I just hope he comes back next year and brings that trophy back to the best offense in the league...the Oakland Raiders. :)

MrJack
02-05-01, 12:23 PM
As as lifelong Raider Hater, I have made very few exceptions over the years....I have officially added Gannon to my exempt list, following in the footsteps of Fred Biletnikoff, George Blanda and Howie Long....As a football fan, ya gotta like the guy.

gsars5
02-05-01, 12:31 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MrJack
[B]As as lifelong Raider Hater

That's a shame Jack and I thought you had potential...:lol:

FresnoBob
02-05-01, 01:50 PM
MrJack:

Yessir, I, too, am a devote and long-time Raider Hater. Unfortunately, out here on the coast people assume that you must, then, be a Niner-whiner,and I can't stand them, either. But I must agree with you, it's hard to dislike the old Delaware Blue Hen currently pitching for the Raiders. Where's Jeff (Boy) George when you need someone to hate?

MrJack
02-05-01, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by FresnoBob
Where's Jeff (Boy) George when you need someone to hate?
Danny Boy Snyder spent a good portion of the past season asking the same thing.

:lol: :lol: :lol: