PDA

View Full Version : A Public Apology to the Fans of the Cunning Linguists

#1PaFan
08-24-02, 03:13 PM
I have bought this space to offer a profound apology to the Greatest Fans on Earth.

I take a leave of absence and the Linguists come up limp. For the first time since the second week of May, YOUR team lost. They played shamefully.

Jake "Frazier" Peavey pitched disgracefully. Certainly not in the Cunning Linguist Tradition. I PROMISE each and every Cunning Linguist Fan that I will meet with the General Manager, Manager and each and every coach and we will study this loss. If we decide that any current player is undeserving of continuing to wear the Throbbing Pinstripes, we are going to ship their ass off to Peter Angelos or, even worse, Bozidar. I have NO TIME for Losers.

Another SHAMEFUL atrocity that occured this week was the galling lack of security in a game of this magnitude. Commissioner Sax ASSURED me and the Lord's Owner that every precaution would be met. However, after the sixth game of the series, I was accosted by two young hooligans in the stadium elevator. I had to personally thrash them. Luckily for me, I keep myself in good condition. I pummelled them in the same fashion that the good teams pummelled the Bashers this year.

Again, I offer this Apology to Cunning Linguist Fans worldwide. I know there are MANY of you out there. Stay strong. Keep a stiff upper lip. We're not going down just yet....

#1PaFan
08-25-02, 01:21 AM
This Apology is to the 2002 Ruth Division Champions, Lords!

On my rant, I failed to acknowlege your clinching of the toughest Division in the B-B.Com Fantasy League.

It's been fun chasing your ugly ass all damn Summer. You won the Division. I hope to see you in the Series. :)

And hey, thanks for waiving Mr. Washburn! ;)

Ansky39
08-27-02, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by #1PaFan
This Apology is to the 2002 Ruth Division Champions, Lords!

On my rant, I failed to acknowlege your clinching of the toughest Division in the B-B.Com Fantasy League.

It's been fun chasing your ugly ass all damn Summer. You won the Division. I hope to see you in the Series. :)

And hey, thanks for waiving Mr. Washburn! ;)

ahh man, you're killin me here pa... :( you make it so hard to relish my hard fought victory w/ some good ole fashioned trash talking... ;)

anyways i gotta tip my hat to ya sir http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies/chinese.gif you've been a worthy adversary all seas long... even though you made a living off my teams rejects, (i still miss washburn... :( )...

but the last one of my rejetcs peavy, was a lords spy, and he earned his check and some for that stellar performance last sunday, (8 earned runs in 3.1 innings, i couldn'ta scripted it any better meself ;) )...

i know it'll be tough if we meet up again in the postseas... too bad this ain't a keeper league, i could see us sluggin it out for years to come...:smokin:

anyways bro, hopefully we'll have a playoffs but either way it's been a great run in the toughest division in bronx bombers fantasy baseball history... to the RUTH DIVSION!!! http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies/kimouss.gif

i say we contract that crappy ass mantle div next seas, and create one for the greatest yank ever Henry Louis Gehrig http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies/bowdown.gif