PDA

View Full Version : Mid-way poll - are we having fun yet?

Saxmania
06-02-02, 07:04 PM
I'm just putting this one up for a few reasons. First, it's approximately the halfway point in our regular season (depending on how you want to count it), and I'm interested in how other people view the League. Second, I'm starting to put together a few materials for the League, and if there's not much interest in keeping it going next year, I can limit what I do to this year's competition. Plus, I'm waiting for my DivX download to finish

So, if you could just choose one of the above poll choices reflecting how likely you think you are to take part in a similar league again next year, I will view the results with interest. Please, only participants or those who have definite interest in the League. The results are non-binding, so don't come crying to me.

EDIT - And no, I have no idea what the deal is with the apostrophes. Leave me alone.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

SanFrANSKY
06-03-02, 09:24 AM
Polls are fun!

Seriously, I think this is a pretty good league here. I especially like the combination of points and h2h format. Despite my current losing streak, I would participate again.

Bozidar
06-03-02, 09:29 AM
And dispite losing to the Lords, I'm having a great time and will definately do it again next year. :)

On top of that, i'm really looking forward to a rematch with the Lady Lords... :D
(just did a check of the scores, Lords and I would be 4-4 if we both played each other every week. Considering that that is my actual record excluding his by-week, I think some teams have gotten lucky against me :mad: :P :O)

Ansky39
06-03-02, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Bozidar
And dispite losing to the Lords, I'm having a great time and will definately do it again next year. :)

On top of that, i'm really looking forward to a rematch with the Lady Lords... :D
(just did a check of the scores, Lords and I would be 4-4 if we both played each other every week. Considering that that is my actual record excluding his by-week, I think some teams have gotten lucky against me :mad: :P :O)

so sorry junior varsity bashlessers but uh, your arms are too short to box w/ the LORDS!!!!

Sascha
06-03-02, 09:47 AM
It can only get better for me :D

Ansky39
06-03-02, 10:01 AM
sax, this league kicks ass, nothin like displayin my wealth of superior baseball knowledge and management savvy at the expense of my fellow b-b.com members...

i've been tellin you scrubs for years that no one knows this game like me, i was born to run a baseball team, it's in my blood, i'm the friggin dougie howser of fantasy baseball... and finally i will be vindicated as the king of yankees fans, the single most knowledgeable yankees fan on the planet... i don't know why steiny keeps ignoring my cover letters, but after i win this this league i'll have something else to add to my resume...

once the seas is over and i have been crowned lord of the b-b.com baseball universe, i certainly hope the rest of you losers, er owners will bow down in deference to the almighty LORDS OF FLATBUSH...

yo sax, any chance we can change the name of the league to the almighty ansky39's baseball kingdom fantasy baseball league...

p.s. i would like to vote for contraction of fransky's texas rangers for next year... he's a bully and won't share none of his outfielders...

joltinjo
06-03-02, 04:41 PM
Saxman.... you forgot one option!

WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR--- I'm gonna whip up on all of you!

Seriously, it has thus far, been a lot of fun. Once you learn the ropes there are a lot of things you could do.
Ansky... I should have never given you Garret Anderson--- well that'll learn me.
Good luck to everyone for the rest of the season.

Remember... the ICEMAN COMETH!!!!:) :)

#1PaFan
06-03-02, 05:28 PM
Lovin' it!! If my team could hit, I'd love it even more! :)

Coney36
06-04-02, 11:49 AM
It's been fun...now as long as morris and burnett's arms don't fall off (someone stop torborg and larussa NOW!!!) ...:D

Saxmania
06-04-02, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Ansky39
yo sax, any chance we can change the name of the league to the almighty ansky39's baseball kingdom fantasy baseball league...

Well, as Sax Selig, I can honestly say that for the right price, anything's possible.

Good to hear, folks - thanks. I hope we get a few more responses (7 out of 15 so far, not counting non-participants), but so far I think I'll leave the records open-ended for a possible next season. We can quibble about scoring and charging over the winter, while we moan about the lack of games. I'm having a lot of fun myself, although the absence of Nevin and Ramirez is limiting my fun quotient somwhat. And, of course, it's all in a good cause. Ideas for improvements and alterations are welcome, as long as you don't expect any decision-making or changes at this stage in the season.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

YanksRockMan
06-06-02, 08:14 PM
If I do get the money, I may return next year for this fantasy league, but as of now, I have no clue.

BrianNYYanks
06-06-02, 09:26 PM
I do love it, Fantasy Baseball and all. The Newsletters and participation by all teams is great. I would change some of the scoring for next year. And I am usually used to being able to change my lineup during the week. It has been difficult to not change some players but for the most part I do think it is great. Also, by having so many teams it worked out that the teams are even not all stacked with aces and allstars. For instance, Fred McGriff is my 1st baseman, Not the top of the line but quite competitive at times.

Thanks, Sax