PDA

View Full Version : The Nets were.....

deranged2005
05-25-02, 08:07 PM
HORRIBLE in the 4th. HORRIBLE. Worst basketball I've ever seen. Scott decided to blow the game. HORRIBLE

Nets are kicking themselves now :barf:

y_a_n_k_e_e_34
05-25-02, 08:21 PM
the Nets lost in the worst possible way. Turnovers and bad decisions REALLY killed the Nets. But you gotta give credit to Boston, they played an absolutely FLAWLESS fourth quarter. They could not have played better.

NYMets316
05-25-02, 08:24 PM
The Nets played not to lose in the 4th quarter. You always lose when you do that. :(

pacewon
05-25-02, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by NYMets316
The Nets played not to lose in the 4th quarter. You always lose when you do that. :(

Agreed

:barf::barf::barf:

I'll take partial blame for the loss, however, for labeling it "The Boston Massacre" after the first quarter.

andy14
05-25-02, 08:36 PM
I'm still stunned. God knows how you blow a 21 point lead to lose by 4 points. How incredibly pitiful. How awful. Boston was celebrating like they had won the series and with a demoralizing loss like this the Nets may have just lost the series. How does a team pull it together after losing like this? The Nets need to get it together and win the next game or it's over for them. I'm just feeling incredibly pessimistic right now because that was the most awful 12 minutes of my life.

Who thinks the Nets can pull it together for Game 4? :( :( I need comfort.

y_a_n_k_e_e_34
05-25-02, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by andy14
I'm still stunned. God knows how you blow a 21 point lead to lose by 4 points. How incredibly pitiful. How awful. Boston was celebrating like they had won the series and with a demoralizing loss like this the Nets may have just lost the series. How does a team pull it together after losing like this? The Nets need to get it together and win the next game or it's over for them. I'm just feeling incredibly pessimistic right now because that was the most awful 12 minutes of my life.

Who thinks the Nets can pull it together for Game 4? :( :( I need comfort.
sorry, no comfort here...

IMO the Nets mighta just lost the series right there. i don't see how they can pull it together for game 4 and if they lose game 4 they have lost the series. this was by far the worst loss i have ever seen :eek:. BUT, who knows (a little comfort here), in the East FInals last year, Milwaukee blew a 30 point lead and only won by 10 and they came back and was competitive in the next game. Of course they lost it but at least they were competitive.

NYYFAN
05-25-02, 11:13 PM
could it be Boston's year...it's getting scary....

BobbyMurcerFan
05-25-02, 11:43 PM
:confused: :confused: :scared: :scared: :scared: :eek: :eek: :barf: :barf: :barf: :mad: :mad: :drool: :drool:

yankeegeek
05-26-02, 12:07 AM
I have watched this team for many years and even more this year. This is a very resilliant team. This could be a game that crushes their hearts and kills the rest of the playoffs. It could also be the type of game that gets them pissed off. I just cant take the teams tempature at this moment. Personally I think that this was the game that killed the season.I hope that I am wrong. It has been a great season.

Yanks4eva1
05-26-02, 07:44 AM
I was shell shocked. This must have been the worst performance in the 4th quarter I've ever seen. When will teams learn - you must continue to be aggressive until the last second, the last quarter, the last out, the last inning - no matter how big of a lead you have. Well, lesson learned. Complacency should have no part in life and in the sports world. the Nets were fat and happy for 3 quarters and then they embarrassed the heck out of themselves and the fans in the 4th.

Nevertheless, I really believe that this team will come back strong in game 4. They will not go down like that. They have something to prove. They will not choke.

Dee