Italian Ice (0-1; 149 points)

Mantle Division

Bambino's Ghost (1-0; 272 points)
Bad News Bears (1-0; 263 points)
Babe's Piano Playaz (0-0)
Saxmania's Swingers (0-1; 243 points)
FP Balloon Knots (0-1; 200 points)

Weekly Awards

Team of the Week - Michigan Wolverines (296 points)
Luckiest Team of the Week - Cunning Linguists (won with 187 points)
Unluckiest Team of the Week - Saxmania's Swingers (lost with 243 points)
Matchup of the Week - Bad News Bears vs. Saxmania's Swingers (20 points' difference in the result)

Comments

The Wolverines cleverly benefitted from double starts from two ace pitchers, Johnson and Morris, getting a total of 4 wins and 34 strikeouts from the 4 games they started. Surprisingly, Michigan posted the week's highest total without the benefit of any saves at all. Their lineup boasted solid performances from LoDuca, Pujols, and Andruw Jones (among others), and Corey Patterson may prove an inspired pickup. The Balloon Knots will be the next to visit Michigan.

Elsewhere, Bambino's Ghost racked up saves from everywhere, including three from Mike Williams riding the pine. Outstanding power hitting from Derrek Lee and baserunning from Ray Durham was the backbone of an all-round impressive lineup. The Bad News Bears found 9 RBIs from soon-to-be-banned Troy Glaus, and enjoyed solid outings from almost their entire rotation. The Ghosts now pay a visit to the Gold Gloves, while the Bears will take a trip to see Junior's Bashers.

The first matches suggest that the Babe's Division is going to be difficult to defeat in inter-division matchups, with four of the five games with the DiMaggio Division going to the visiting Ruthians. The Babe's own Piano Playaz will be itching to get into the action, having posted a second-best league total of 273 points during their bye week. The Buckeye Bombers will be their first opponent.

Fixtures

Bambinoís Ghost v German Gold Gloves
Bad News Bears v Juniorís Bashers
Saxmaniaís Swingers v Italian Ice
FP Balloon Knots v Michigan Wolverines
Babeís Piano Playaz v Buckeye Bombers
West Haven Yankees v Cunning Linguists
YankeesRule2002 v YRMbombers2002

Notes

I'm going to try and get the results and tables posted on a website during the week, but I can't guarantee anything. Hope the thread is fairly clear, and that I haven't ticked anyone off with anything. Now I must go and lament the departure of both my closers to the DL.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

SanFrANSKY
04-07-02, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Saxmania
The Babe's own Piano Playaz will be itching to get into the action, having posted a second-best league total of 273 points during their bye week. The Buckeye Bombers will be their first opponent.

Oh yeahhhhh. Bring On The Buckos!

1TonHumanHamsterWheel
04-07-02, 02:19 PM
Geez, I get to play the Piano Playaz? I've been plagued by injuries so far, and none of my pitchers have won a game yet.

Coney36
04-07-02, 02:49 PM
Surprisingly, Michigan posted the week's highest total without the benefit of any saves at all.

Of course I didn't get any saves...I don't even have a legit closer...:P

Saxmania
04-07-02, 03:09 PM
Um, yeah. But you didn't even get one from any reliever, and since saves are worth 5 points, I was just impressed that you scored so many while punting quite a profitable category. I guess with Morris and Johnson, you didn't really need any relievers. ;)

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

#1PaFan
04-07-02, 03:52 PM
Man, I have three starters on the DL already.

:gulp:

Ryguy22984
04-07-02, 06:20 PM
When do I get to change the players on my team? I want to replace Giles with Todd Walker.

#1PaFan
04-07-02, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by #1PaFan
Man, I have three starters on the DL already.

:gulp:

Oh man, make that FOUR!

Bozidar
04-07-02, 09:12 PM
at least i'm top bitch in a division of bitches and 1 winner :)

Coney36
04-07-02, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Bozidar
at least i'm top bitch in a division of bitches and 1 winner :)

:lol:

YanksRockMan
04-07-02, 10:52 PM
Man..my team really sucks!! I'm last in an all winning division!!:eek:

No wonder my division is the called the Ruth League....

BrianNYYanks
04-07-02, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the update Sax great work!!:D

Yanksagain
04-08-02, 10:05 AM
And . . . we're off.

Elsewhere, Bambino's Ghost racked up saves from everywhere, including three from Mike Williams riding the pine. Outstanding power hitting from Derrek Lee and baserunning from Ray Durham was the backbone of an all-round impressive lineup.
Fixtures

Look out for the Ghost!!! I have Williams on the bench picking up three saves. I dropped Strickland, who promptly is traded to the Muts and will see his save opportunties decrease dramatically.
I had the worst draft in the history of professional fantasy baseball, yet here I am at 1-0 without a single "star" in my lineup. My team is a bunch of hard workers who like a little dirt on their uniforms. Go Derek Lee!!!