PDA

View Full Version : Against Auto-Draft..

Ryguy22984
03-17-02, 11:59 AM
I really don't find the league too appealing if we auto draft. The best part of FLB is making your own team, not having the computer draft it for you. Also the auto draft sometimes ends up giving you 4 closers and 3 catchers and no firstbaseman. It's messed up. I think we should really try to find a time when everyone can get together, and hold the draft in a private chat room.

YanksRockMan
03-17-02, 01:27 PM
Actually, the auto-draft is better for me, unless if it is way into the nite, like 10:30 to 12:15. Other than that, auto-draft is my pick.

SkooterPhil#10
03-17-02, 01:55 PM
I would hate an auto-draft too. To me, the whole point of the league is to choose players that you personally believe can do well and then actually see if they do well. What's wrong with an offline draft?

Bozidar
03-17-02, 02:43 PM
guys, i don't think I want to do an all-auto draft either. But some folx will need it.. so we'll have to accomodate them.

Ryguy22984
03-17-02, 03:24 PM
Why would people wanna do a league then, where they don't choose their own players and they're just handed to them? Makes no sense to me.

SkooterPhil#10
03-17-02, 05:06 PM
I still don't understand what is wrong with having an offline draft...

Bozidar
03-17-02, 07:38 PM
people want to do the league because it's fun. Why does everyone have to do things the way YOU like them for THEM to have fun?

not everyone is going to be able to make the live draft, when we decide on when that is -- so they will have this solution.

I don't understand the problem with this..

Yanksagain
03-20-02, 11:08 AM
Some people like a live draft - Yahoo provides this.

Some people like an auto draft - Yahoo provides this.

Some people will be able to start the live draft, but then will have to leave and put the draft on auto - Yahoo provides this.

There is the solution. A Yahoo draft makes everyone happy. :)

Ansky39
03-21-02, 11:48 AM
hey boz, are we going to be able to pre rank players?

Bozidar
03-21-02, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Ansky39
hey boz, are we going to be able to pre rank players? yes! (i hope)

Saxmania
03-21-02, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Yanksagain

There is the solution. A Yahoo draft makes everyone happy. :)

Unhappily, this turns out not to be the case. Yahoo will only let you draft during certain times in the day and night, and most of the optimal slots are already booked.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania