PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting for a . . .

Saxmania
03-01-02, 11:02 AM
. . . minor league commissioner.

It's actually a fairly simple task, but I don't really want it (I'm going to have plenty to do with the custom schedule). All we need is someone to keep track of who has what rookies, and when they arrive in the majors.

To explain: As well as the standard roster (23 players) we're going to have the option for players to draft up to 2 prospects before they play. These players can be any position, as long as a) they qualify as rookies, and b) they're not on the 25-man roster. Draft them during the normal drafting rounds, and when they get called up to the big leagues in real life, you must either call them up to your roster or release them. We need someone who'll keep a record of who has which rookie, and, once a week, check the sports wires (ESPN?) to see if any have been called up.

This isn't really much of a chore, since it's completely voluntary. You can play and win the game without any minor leaguers. But it's a fun extra wrinkle, and a few people have suggested it. So we need a Minor League Commissioner to keep a record of who has what prospects. Shouldn't take more than ten minutes a week, and to make your job even easier, I'm going to suggest that we don't allow players to swap minor leaguers more than once per month per slot (so you can't add and drop prospects every week).

Any takers?

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

pjyankees
03-07-02, 06:47 PM
If no one else is interested, I can do this.

Saxmania
03-08-02, 03:47 AM
Congratulations - you've been volunteered!

Be seeing you,

Saxmania