PDA

View Full Version : Rebounders

Sascha
02-21-02, 07:20 AM
I just saw a vote on ESPN as intension for this thread..

Which player (MLB, not just Yanks) do you imagine or hope most to rebound from a poor 2001 season?

Sandman
02-21-02, 10:05 AM
This is certainly heresy around here but ... Nomar. He is one of the best hitters of this generation. It will be good for the game if he can stay healthy all year.

Sascha
02-21-02, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Sandman
This is certainly heresy around here but ... Nomar. He is one of the best hitters of this generation. It will be good for the game if he can stay healthy all year.

Where is it heresy ? Sorry if I'm mistaken cause of by bad English, but I associate heresy with the prosecution of witches in the middle age...

I just wanted to know, which player will have a good or at least better season, after he struggled in 2001... :-/

sascha
tryin to work on his english ;)

Bozidar
02-21-02, 10:17 AM
i don't really know.. a poor 2001 season?

can you name those that were listed as choices..?

Sascha
02-21-02, 10:20 AM
uhm.. there were Alfonzo, Zeile, Salmon and two others...

Saxmania
02-21-02, 10:28 AM
I'll throw in Kevin K. Brown. He wasn't half bad when he was healthy, but . . . well, he wasn't healthy much. Carlos Delgado hit hard but not often. I'd certainly pick Erstad and Damon above Zeile, although Colorado should help. Wells? Sirotka? Mantei? Thomas? Then again, is it really a "rebound" if they've been injured most of the time?

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

Yanksagain
02-21-02, 12:25 PM
I will repeat what a few others have said with a couple of additions:

Rebound in 2002:

Ken Griffey, Jr.
Ventura
The Fonz
Mo Vaughn
Nomar
Big Hurt
Angels core - Salmon and Erstad

#1PaFan
02-21-02, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Sandman

I HOPE it's Boomer. :gulp:

pjyankees
02-21-02, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Bozidar
i don't really know.. a poor 2001 season?

can you name those that were listed as choices..?

The poll listed:
Nomar
Griffey
Pedro
Mo Vaughn
Frank Thomas

Of those I would pick Griffey. Of those not listed I am pulling for Boomer.

patrick.o
02-21-02, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by wwwMAJORLEAGUEde
Where is it heresy ? Sorry if I'm mistaken cause of by bad English, but I associate heresy with the prosecution of witches in the middle age...

From Merriam-Webster online:

Main Entry: her·e·sy
Pronunciation: 'her-&-sE
Function: noun
1 a : adherence to a religious opinion contrary to church dogma b : denial of a revealed truth by a baptized member of the Roman Catholic Church c : an opinion or doctrine contrary to church dogma
2 a : dissent or deviation from a dominant theory, opinion, or practice b : an opinion, doctrine, or practice contrary to the truth or to generally accepted beliefs or standards

:)

patrick.o
02-21-02, 11:35 PM
And just to tweak a few noses, I'm picking Damon as rebounder of the year. :p :P

Sascha
02-22-02, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by pjyankees

The poll listed:
Nomar
Griffey
Pedro
Mo Vaughn
Frank Thomas

Of those I would pick Griffey. Of those not listed I am pulling for Boomer.

I can see it now (the poll)..
but somehow there were different choices listed two days ago.. or did I look somewhere else ? *wondering*

Sascha
02-22-02, 06:34 AM
btw: to "heresy":

i looked it up in a english-german dictionary..

Bozidar
02-22-02, 06:41 AM
knobby :)

Gator
02-22-02, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by patrick.o
And just to tweak a few noses, I'm picking Damon as rebounder of the year. :p :P

Heretic! :evil: