PDA

View Full Version : New M's 3B

Mr. Mxylsplk
12-14-01, 05:00 PM
As if they didn't have enough hitting, the Mariners are about to close a trade to get Jeff Cirillo. They're giving up Panagiua (sp?) and possible some minor league pitchers. Panagiua is a really reliable reliever, but Cirillo is really a hell of a hitter. Unless those minor leaguers are really good prospects, this seems like a great deal for Seattle.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2001/1214/1295876.html

slickrick1234
12-14-01, 05:42 PM
Good deal for the M's if it goes through. They already have a ton of pitching. If this happens, look for the M's to do better against the Yankees in the playoffs then they did last year. In fact, they will beat them:bad:

slickrick1234
12-14-01, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Mxylsplk
As if they didn't have enough hitting

Ah, I could say the same thing about the Yankees;)

clacson
12-14-01, 05:46 PM
I know Cirillo was good with the Brewers, but since he joined the Rockies, he's fallen into the usual great home stats and bad road stats.

Now he's going to one of the best pitcher's parks in the majors.

penguin4
12-14-01, 08:07 PM
Panagiua is a really reliable reliever

If he's going to Colorado, I think you should edit that to was a really reliable reliever...;)

NyMike
12-14-01, 08:36 PM
Eh, I wouldn't call Cirrillo a <i>great</i> hitter. He's clearly a Coors Field product.

But for a relief pitcher (Which they have enough of), and a couple of pitching prospect (They've got plenty of those too), it's a good deal.

coalcracker
12-14-01, 08:53 PM
As if they didn't have enough hitting, the Mariners are about to close a trade to get Jeff Cirillo. They're giving up Panagiua (sp?) and possible some minor league pitchers. Panagiua is a really reliable reliever, but Cirillo is really a hell of a hitter. Unless those minor leaguers are really good prospects, this seems like a great deal for Seattle.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2001/1214/1295876.html

The stats they cite for 2001 are pretty good - but should we consider he hit .362 at Coors and .266 on the road? 2000 stats were .403 at Coors and .239 away. Geez!!