PDA

View Full Version : If you could pick one moment in Yankee history

JfromJersey
12-04-01, 01:10 PM
To have been there in person, which would it be?
For me, it would be the game Ruth supposedly called
his HR. There is a lot of controversy surrounding that
moment, and I would have loved to see it for myself.

penguin4
12-04-01, 01:42 PM
Gehrig's speech, because I have yet to come across a newsreel/recording where the full speech actually is delivered. Must've really been something watching this once-giant hobble out there and almost break down like that....

Nome
12-04-01, 02:55 PM
1.The WS game that Reggie hit his three HR's

2. The game just after Thurm's tragic death.

3 The WS game with the Dodgers in 47 (?) where Gionfriedo robbed DiMag.

4. Allie Reynolds 2nd no hitter in 52 (?) where Yogi dropped the high foul popup behind the plate off Ted Williams in the ninth and then caught the next one which was an exact duplicate of the dropped ball to preserve the no no

Andy

Nettles
12-04-01, 04:35 PM
Without question, Don Larsen's perfect game.

A perfect game in the middle of a closely contested World Series. I simply cannot imagine anything more difficult, or more exciting.

#1YankeeLover
12-04-01, 06:28 PM
So many moments to choose from...

I'd say Lou Gehrig's speech, with Game 4 of the '41 Series at second... (The game where Dodgers catcher Mickey Owen mishandled the pitch and let it get away... The Yankees won 7-4 and took a 3-1 Series lead.) For some reason, I just want to have seen that.

-#1YankeeLover

kgblues
12-04-01, 09:47 PM
All good answers. I've been blessed to been there for Mel Stots inside the park Grand Slam HR, The Chambliss HR, The Murcer game after Thurman died, the day Billy returned, The Leyritz HR, theres more.
But the game I would have like to seen is 'The Micks' moon shot off the facade. Has it landed yet? That to me is a huge moment in Bomber history.