PDA

View Full Version : Did Jeter add to Yankee tradition?

61in61
12-02-01, 09:06 AM
I'm not so sure that Jeter's appearance on SNL was in keeping with Yankee tradition. I would really love to know what The Boss thought? I personally would have expected something with a little more class. Although I do have to say that he made an OK looking woman. Especially next to those 2 beasts that came on during that skit.

SkooterPhil#10
12-02-01, 09:43 AM
The Boss probably loved it. Whatever gets his team more famous is great for him. I disagree that it wasn't in "Yankee Tradition" to go on SNL. Yankees of past have gone on TV shows.

BTW, what is this obsession with "class"?? Babe Ruth didn't have a drop of class. Neither did a lot of Yankees.

# 21 Forever
12-02-01, 11:06 AM
SNL and class do not go together! Skooter is right, Derek is not the first nor will he be the last Yankee to make an appearence on SNL. If Steinbrenner has a sense of humor at all, he probably loved it!

Nome
12-02-01, 11:18 AM
Class is what a player does on the ballfield and how he treats his fans and how he conducts his personal life.

I fail to see where appearing on SNL shows no class.

What about Ruth, Mantly, Martin, Duran etc life off the field. Was that class? Yet they were great Yankees. Let's not nit pick a players life. He is entitled to do it as long as he harms no one.

Andy:O :O :O

#1PaFan
12-02-01, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by 61in61
I'm not so sure that Jeter's appearance on SNL was in keeping with Yankee tradition. I would really love to know what The Boss thought? I personally would have expected something with a little more class. Although I do have to say that he made an OK looking woman. Especially next to those 2 beasts that came on during that skit.

Huh? :confused:

Considering that The Boss once hosted the show himself, I'm sure he thought it was great that Derek did too.

Man....

kgblues
12-02-01, 12:29 PM
No one got hurt, and it was funny. Pretty simple.

K. Cone
12-02-01, 01:24 PM
I really don't see how Jeter hosting SNL would be classless or take away from Yankee tradition. In fact, I see a lot of good-heartedness in it being that SNL is based in NYC and Jeter is a NYC icon...I think it shows good patronage on his part. ...

And Steinbrenner be upset about it? I totally forgot that he did host a show himself, (heehee it was funny!) but I seriously doubt that he'd be against anything giving his franchise good publicity...:D

#1YankeeLover
12-02-01, 02:41 PM
Are you calling Wells and Coney "beasts"?! :eek: :eek: :P

-#1YankeeLover

Michaels07
12-02-01, 03:28 PM
One of those Beasts looked like David Wells, I enjoyed the Skits.the only one that Bombed was the hair skit, much too slow.
Steinbrenner does have a sense of humor, he`s not all that mean & bad.
Now that the fun is over, I am sure Jeet is headed to Tampa to make adjustments in his game.He`s our lead off hitter & it will require a different approach.