PDA

View Full Version : A little weekend trivia!

kgblues
11-30-01, 07:21 PM
if it goes as long as the weekend anyway. I love this part of the Forum, and you guys are the best. Well here we go!

1.Name the pitcher who was the victim of the Babes famed 'called shot' HR?

2. Name the 2 players who have played 9 positions in a game?

3. During what period of time were bases on balls considered hits?

Good luck!

#1PaFan
11-30-01, 07:43 PM
Hey kg! Good to "see" ya, Bro. Especially today.

1. Charlie Root.

2. I know Cesar Tovar is one. I forget the other one.

3. Probably during contract negotiations. ;)

kgblues
11-30-01, 07:53 PM
The PA MAN! Long time my man. Good to hook up again. Long story why I've been away. Nothing bad though. You got no.1, Half of 2. I think 3 is going to a tough one though. But some of these guys here are awesome. It will probally be answered by tonite!

seahorse
11-30-01, 09:17 PM
Kev man how you do'in!?!
#3 was definitely before 1901. Foul balls weren't strikes until 1901.
Great to see you back!
:cool:

1TonHumanHamsterWheel
11-30-01, 10:53 PM
1. Charlie Root, Chicago Cubs
2. Cesar Tovar (Minnesota) and Bert Campaneris (Kansas City)
3. 1887

kgblues
12-01-01, 03:45 AM
Didn't take long did it? 1Ton on top of it!
Whats up Dave? good to be back!

Allonsanfan
12-01-01, 04:37 AM
4 players have played 9 positions in a game:

Bert Campaneris(1965)
Cesar Tovar(1968)
Scott Sheldon(2000)
Shane Halter(2000)

kgblues
12-01-01, 04:47 PM
I guess I got update my trivia books. Thanks for the correction.

Trish
12-02-01, 08:29 AM
Hey kg!!! I was just asking about you a couple of weeks ago...where've you been? I was reminiscing about your music trivia questions.

kgblues
12-02-01, 10:11 AM
Hey Trish! Long time no triv! Hope things are good with you. I'll come up with some music trivia very soon. I remember you being very good at it too.

JeanC
12-07-01, 08:51 AM
Aw old forummers together at last!!!!!! :)
Hi Kev...Glad Your Back! If it takes Trivia to for you to stay here keep posting more trivia! Its Fun To Read ! Wow those 9 position players must have been tired after the season! ;) And 1887 didnt take them long to change the ruling did it! ;)

This is what brought me to this forum 7500 posts ago great oldies like you all ! Will never forget the 98 season & the best people to talk too!!!

Hugs!

Jeanne

Nettles
12-07-01, 09:08 AM
Did not get to this fast enough. The answers aren all out there already. Better luck (to me) next time.

Sixty one
12-07-01, 09:19 AM
I know that the answers to the trivia questions are correct, but I was wondering if anyone remembers whether Babe Ruth ever hit any homeruns that bounced into the seats. I believe in the early part of the century balls that bounced into the seats were considered homeruns.:confused: :confused: :NY: :NY: :NY: :NY:

Nettles
12-07-01, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Sixty one
I know that the answers to the trivia questions are correct, but I was wondering if anyone remembers whether Babe Ruth ever hit any homeruns that bounced into the seats. I believe in the early part of the century balls that bounced into the seats were considered homeruns.:confused: :confused: :NY: :NY: :NY: :NY:

Prior to 1920, balls that bounced into the stands were counted as home runs. It is not known how many of the Babe's blasts were of this variety, if any. However, how many times does this happen these days? Not that often, if you ask me.