PDA

View Full Version : What Yankee player of all time has the most championship World Series rings?



Sixty one
11-15-01, 02:06 PM
I am not positive of this answer but think it is Frank Crosetti who received his both as a player and a third base coach. Do any of you posters know what the correct answer to this question is?
By the way, what would be the total number of rings? 10?:confused: :confused: :confused: :NY: :NY: :NY: :NY:

Nome
11-15-01, 02:10 PM
Yogi has 10 as a player. That is the most. I do not know how many Cro has, but he may have the most as a player and coach.

Gehrig
11-15-01, 02:41 PM
Cro has I believe something like 17 as a player and coach. I'll have to look at my baseball when I get home for the exact number...

Nome
11-15-01, 03:29 PM
OK Gehrig,

Now what will your baseball tell you about the number of WS rings Crow has? Don't tell me it is autographed by him with the # of rings he garnered written on it!!

Andy!:cool: :cool:

Nettles
11-15-01, 04:18 PM
Crosetti got 17. Yogi got 13 (including one with the Mets), which is second.

As far as participating in most series, Cro was in 23 in some fashion. Yogi was involved in 21 for a close second place.

penguin4
11-16-01, 04:01 AM
With Ray Kelly gone, I guess that makes Cro our oldest link. I wonder why he's kept such a low profile. You'd think he'd show up at an Old Timer's game every now and then or some other Yankee event. Does anyone know if he happens to have any beef against Steiny or the Stadium the way Yogi did?

Gehrig
11-16-01, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by penguin4
With Ray Kelly gone, I guess that makes Cro our oldest link. I wonder why he's kept such a low profile. You'd think he'd show up at an Old Timer's game every now and then or some other Yankee event. Does anyone know if he happens to have any beef against Steiny or the Stadium the way Yogi did?

Cro doesn't quite get around like he used to. He just turned 91 this last October 4th...

He lives out in CA and visits the Yankees when they play the A's...If you write to him he WILL reply !!

Fairly recent Crosetti signing out West...

Sixty one
11-16-01, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the update, Gehrig, on the Cro. One of the memories I have of Crosetti happens to be the time that Maris hit his 61st. I don't believe he ever was in the habit of shaking a player's hand after they hit a homerun, except when Maris hit his record breaking homerun in 1961.:NY: :NY: :NY: :NY:

Jersey Yankee
11-16-01, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Nettles
Crosetti got 17. Yogi got 13 (including one with the Mets), which is second.Yogi's 1973 WS games (http://www.baseball-reference.com/managers/berrayo01.shtml) didn't result in a ring, and the question was about championships, so......

Nettles
11-19-01, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Jersey Yankee
Yogi's 1973 WS games (http://www.baseball-reference.com/managers/berrayo01.shtml) didn't result in a ring, and the question was about championships, so......

I was referring to Yogi's ring from the Mets '69 championship. Yogi was a coach on that team.