Jersey Yankee
11-12-01, 04:23 PM
http://espn.go.com/classic/schedule/s/

gxxlwonder
11-12-01, 04:35 PM
Thanks for the heads up. :)

Jersey Yankee
11-12-01, 04:53 PM
I'm going to miss it, since I'm working but no problem. I hope that everyone enjoys it.

I'd actually gotten it from one of these websites where people flame each other (no registration, so go figure) but this was at least true. See ya.

FutureYankee
11-12-01, 09:21 PM
wish i had espn classic...

#1YankeeLover
11-12-01, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by FutureYankee
wish i had espn classic... Ditto. :mad:

Well, I would have missed it anyway, since I just found this out, but ESPN Classic is a very useful thing to have sometimes . . .

-#1YankeeLover

#1Coneyfan
11-12-01, 09:37 PM
I'm watching it now and it's given me such a feeling of nostalgia. Not for the players, but for the silence! There's no music blaring as the batter steps up to the plate. No deafening screeching from the loudspeakers in between innings. Just the beautiful sound of the crowd and an occasional chord from Eddie Layton as the inning ends. What bliss!

I was at Fenway this summer and they can still enjoy a ballgame in Beantown without everyone suffering partial hearing loss by the end of the game.

I know it'll never happen, but I wish we could go back to the way it was.

wexy
11-12-01, 10:46 PM
I was at that game and have it on tape. When it snowed on
opening day, George gave us tickets to another game for
having sat through the snow. The best of the 3 choices was Seattle
which turned out to be the no hitter!

Jersey Yankee
11-13-01, 03:14 AM
Glad everybody liked it and can share everything. Sorry for the late notice but I'd only posted it a few minutes after having read about it.

2JAY
11-14-01, 01:49 AM
I had totally forgotten that Bernie was injured and that Gerald Williams was playing CF that game. Also what an unbelievable catch that he made against A-rod, who was the 2nd batter of the game, that helped Doc get that No hitter. Also, it was strange seeing Robert Eenhoorn playing 2B and Joe Girardi wearing #45.