PDA

View Full Version : question about the m's

BronxBomberBabe61
11-09-01, 05:03 PM
i dont know if there was another thread bout this(sorry if there was), but..
since the yanks lost the world series, is the m's record considered great??
i know that it would be meaningless if the yanks one, but is it still meaningless since they didnt make it to the fall classic??
(meaningless meaning that it doesnt get as much hype-which it hasnt)
??? :confused: ???
what do you all think?

NyMike
11-09-01, 05:13 PM
I don't think it makes a difference whether the Yankees went on to win the World Series or not. The point is, the Mariners didn't even make it there, so the team, while the record is still is impressive, is not the best ever.

West Texas
11-09-01, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by NyMike
I don't think it makes a difference whether the Yankees went on to win the World Series or not. The point is, the Mariners didn't even make it there, so the team, while the record is still is impressive, is not the best ever.

I agree

pacewon
11-09-01, 05:42 PM
No way. The 116 means nothing. Just a number.

cb2u
11-09-01, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by NyMike
I agree as well. A very fine & impressive season, but they didn't close the deal. Winning the WS is the goal, and would have validated the season, as it did for the Yanks in 1998. I'll tell ya, if the Yanks had not won the Series that year, I would have been so terribly disappointed. I was so stressed out that postseason, & so relieved when they won... it was the grand exclamation point on that fabulous season.

SkooterPhil#10
11-09-01, 09:16 PM
At least we successfully defended out "Best Team Ever" title! :NY:

Just wait till we go 162-0 in 2002 and then go 11-0 in the playoffs!

cman
11-09-01, 11:18 PM
'Cause it dont mean a thing if you aint got that ring...

dooowop doowop doowop.............

Hobes
11-10-01, 12:31 AM
By not even making the WS, their record means nothing at all.