PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Soon This Year Will Be History Too ...How Will It Be Remembered???!!!

JeanC
11-04-01, 01:33 AM
The Team With Amazing Comebacks! Triumphs Over Boston, Cleveland, Seattle......

Paulies Last Year.... His Calm Way Of Leading To Retirement. One Of Tinos Greatest Comeback Years 34 Homerus over 1000 RBIS....Knobby Changing from 2nd to Outfield...

The Trading For or Bringing Up A Herd Full of Bullpen Pitchers Trying to Find Coneys Replacement....The Great Addition Of Mooooooose....
Rogers Triumphant StrikeOut Ladder Climbing to 6th (?) Place of All Time StrikeOut Leaders In Pitching!

Im certain more of you can remember things that happened why dont you add them here to see how this year of 2001 will go down in History.....

wexy
11-04-01, 04:37 AM
Roger is now third on the list behind Carlton and Ryan.

deranged2005
11-04-01, 11:58 AM
The Yankees showing everyone what they are made of and beat Oakland when down 0-2, going to Oakland. Then beating Seattle. After they beat the DBacks tonight, coming back 0-2, again, and winning it all. A great postseason.

Slippery Elm
11-04-01, 12:44 PM
If the Yankees lose tonight (I said IF) I will always remember first one thing - Andy Pettitte stinking it out Game Six, and Joe throwing it away with Witasuck - a piece of garbage who never should be on the team let alone the post season roster.

We win, all that is forgotten.

Nome
11-04-01, 02:15 PM
This years team may not rank amoung the best Yankee teams ever. That honor is contested by the 27, 61, and 98 clubs.

BUT this team, in my mind, will be remembered by me as the one with the most "heart".

coalcracker
11-04-01, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Nome
This years team may not rank amoung the best Yankee teams ever. That honor is contested by the 27, 61, and 98 clubs.

BUT this team, in my mind, will be remembered by me as the one with the most "heart".

As of now, Nome, I agree with you..

By the start of the 2002 season, losing Paulie and if we lose Scott, Tino, and Knobby, it will be remembered as the year the "Yankees re-tooled".

Jersey Yankee
11-06-01, 04:15 AM
I'd say as a team which overcame lots of adversity, such as low offensive production, yet still came as close to winning it all as you could ever think of.

Flip side of the coin would be that more troops are needed but with what the Yankees had, I think that we did as much as any team could conceivably be expected to have done.