PDA

View Full Version : Juan Rivera Up Date 8-12

Michaels07
08-13-01, 11:11 AM
Juan Rivera goes 3-4 4 rbi, 10th homer leads Columbus to 5-1 win over Louisville.
His stats at Columbus, Int`l League 333 avg 10 hr`s 27 rbi.
His stas at Norwich, Eastern League 320 avg 14 hr`s 58 rbi.
Could contend for the RF spot in 2002?:cool:

rajah
08-13-01, 11:51 AM
I like what I saw in the "future's" game. I have more hope for him than for Spencer.

ChicagoYankeeFan
08-13-01, 07:21 PM
I was skeptical about whether or not he would be ready for next year, but the last couple of weeks make me think he will be ready to take over next year.

Is he planning on playing winter ball? That would help.

clacson
08-13-01, 07:40 PM
How long ago was he called up to Columbus?

It doesn't even look like he went through any adjustment struggles!

CaptainCargo
08-14-01, 01:08 PM
Nice stats for sure. Another plus is that I hear he has a gun for a throwing arm. Thanks for the update Michaels.

Hi, Clac. Nice to finally see you here at BB.com.

Casey :NY:

clacson
08-14-01, 02:41 PM
Hey!

Thanks for the welcome.

Bozidar
08-14-01, 03:06 PM
DOH! I wound up in the minor league forum and didn't know it :)

CaptainCargo
08-14-01, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Bozidar
DOH! I wound up in the minor league forum and didn't know it :)

LMAO!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Casey :NY:

jroll
08-14-01, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by clacson
How long ago was he called up to Columbus?

It doesn't even look like he went through any adjustment struggles!

Sure he did. It last for two, maybe three, innings. The Kid looks like he's for real and boy do the Yanks need outfielders. With Rivera and Marcus Thames finally putting it together, the future is suddenly looking much brighter on that score at least.

Elfdood
08-14-01, 07:38 PM
Juan Rivera has another homer tonight in the in-progress game against Durham. That's 11, now, and 25 between two levels. Hot damn. Tino'd better watch out, he's on the verge of losing the organizational home run lead! :)

Michaels07
08-16-01, 10:44 PM
Juan Rivera goes yard for the 12th time to nite.

Elfdood
08-17-01, 02:15 AM
He drew a walk, too! It's like a switch turned on with him. He now has 10 walks (and one hit by pitch) in 145 plate appearances with the Clippers, after only walking 15 times (and being hit by three pitches) in 337 PAs with the Navigators.

VERY impressive progress, especially considering that (a) he advanced a level, (b) he didn't walk at all in his first 80 PAs or so with Columbus, so the step forward is even more dramatic and (c) not only have his power and average not slipped while he's made the transition, they've <i>improved</i>. Amazing.

ChicagoYankeeFan
08-17-01, 12:25 PM
I'm just astounded.. I always think that players like Rivera who are young and great athletes can make these sorts of jumps, but it's still amazing when you see it (because it still doesn't happen too often!)

I'm beginning to think that he'll be ready for the majors next year. The plate discipline is what's clinching it for me. I don't see the he would be helped that much by another year at Columbus.

Spencerholic
08-17-01, 04:22 PM
He could potentially save us a lot of payroll if he was ready to take over an outfield spot next year. Figure Spencer, Sori, Nick Johnson, and Juan would all be making not very much. That would free up a lot of room to make a run for someone like Giambi :evil: I hope to see him up near the end of the season. If we can keep upping our lead over Boston, guys like Johnson and Rivera could get a good amount of ABs

Michaels07
08-17-01, 04:59 PM
agree, Columbus is going no where, expect Rivera to be up in Sept.