PDA

View Full Version : 1908 Highlanders photo on Muleback !!

Gehrig
08-13-01, 10:31 AM
Very cool photo of the 1908 NY Highlanders on Muleback !!

** Jack chesbro is second from left...

seahorse
08-13-01, 11:18 AM
Those aren't horses, they're mules! It's like they're mining gold in the Sierra Nevada! That looks like Frank Farrel (one of the co-owners)
sitting side saddle next to Chesbro.Actually you can see where the picture is maked "Arlington Studio, Hot Springs Arkansas 3/29/07" probably during Spring training. Thanks G. :cool:

Gehrig
08-13-01, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by seahorse
Those aren't horses, they're mules! It's like they're mining gold in the Sierra Nevada! That looks like Frank Farrel (one of the co-owners)
sitting side saddle next to Chesbro.Actually you can see where the picture is maked "Studio, Hot Springs Arkansas" probably during Spring training. :cool:

:lol:

Yeah I didn't look at the ears and they are sitting rather low :lol:

Great info Seahorse...I was going to do my usual detective work on ID'ing all of them but that would be a tough job...I just recognized Happy Jack...

And don't they look happy... I guess one could say they sat on their @sses in Spring training...:lol:

ZYANK
08-13-01, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Gehrig

:I guess one could say they sat on their @sses in Spring training...:lol: :lol: I think this is a superb idea, you posting some history on our beloved Yankees! I love it! Thanks! ;)