Michaels07
08-11-01, 01:46 PM
For what event?

Gator
08-11-01, 03:50 PM
Bucky Dent :D

Michaels07
08-11-01, 05:36 PM
Mike Torrez and Bucky Dent,the 1978 version of Derek Jeter,not in talent but in the way the girls carried on about Bucky.
Mike Torrez the big Mexican served up that routine fly ball over the green monster that propelled the Yankees to victory over the Red Sox in a play off game.The Yankees when on to beat KC and to another World Championship by beating those BUMS the Dodgers.:D :NY: :NY: :NY: :NY:

Slippery Elm
08-11-01, 06:59 PM
For being instrumental in getting the Yankees to the postseason in 1977. No Mike, no Series that year.

Most exciting game I ever saw - October 2, 1978. Have it on video tape.

Michaels07
08-11-01, 07:53 PM
I was at work ,but brought in a radio,hidden in my desk so that i could hear the game. i have to get a video tape of that game.:) :D :NY: :NY: :NY:

Jimbo
08-11-01, 09:52 PM
Michaels07,
You should really get a copy that 1978 playoff game. It's great, the announcers Frank Messer, Bill White and The Scooter Phil Rizzuto at their best...

C:\Jimbo's NY Yankees Folder\Bucky Dent and Mike Torrez signed 1978 Playoff picture.jpg

There is a Yankees shop in Times Square that has many Yankees videos and they may have it...if not, there is always Amazon.com.

bagger015
08-11-01, 11:55 PM
:NY: Bucky Dent :NY: :)

Slippery Elm
08-12-01, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Michaels07
I was at work ,but brought in a radio,hidden in my desk so that i could hear the game. i have to get a video tape of that game.:) :D :NY: :NY: :NY:

THE MILEY COLLECTION.

They don't seem to have a web site (primitive!!).

This site, www.brooklyn-dodgers.com, sells Red Barber tapes from that collection. Maybe they have their address.

Jimbo
08-12-01, 12:56 AM
He drove a dagger through Dead Sox fans hearts...I will never forget Yaz slumping towards the ground as Bucky's ball sailed over the Green Monster...

C:\Jimbo's NY Yankees Folder\Bucky Dent sinks Sox.jpg

Jimbo
08-14-01, 06:42 PM
I've had some problems posted pics using the IMG button...From home they appear as viewable, today from work they were not viewable. Showing up as squares with an X. Sooo I am going to repost the pics that many may have been unable to see using the BROWSE button.

Jimbo
08-14-01, 06:43 PM
Here is the other pic...

He drove a dagger through Dead Sox fans hearts...I will never forget Yaz slumping towards the ground as Bucky's ball sailed over the Green Monster...