PDA

View Full Version : Wily Mo Pena.Sound familiar?.

Michaels07
08-10-01, 04:19 PM
He`s the guy they traded to the Reds for Henson & Coleman.
Well yesterday he went deep three times.Now has 22 homers and 98 rbi.Maybe Cashman can get this guy back also.:cool: :D

PinstripePride
08-10-01, 06:47 PM
I got his autograph before he went down with a knee injury last year....then they traded him.....I had heard about a weak ago that he was tearing it up in the Cincy farm system....Dammit, they passed judgement on this guy too fast after he batted .200....they said he was too young and had raw power and he couldn't refine it......Well I guess he did...:mad: :mad: :mad:

Elfdood
08-10-01, 08:33 PM
I'm not crying over Pena. He's having a decent season, but he's not even slugging .500, and he his OBP is a just-OK .340. He's playing in the Midwest League, which is similar to the South Atlantic League where Greensboro plays. The little-known Jason Grove might not have the gaudy home run and RBI totals, but he's having just as good of a season at a similar level.

How old is Grove?

Michaels07
08-10-01, 09:06 PM
Jason Grove is 22.

GrouchoNYY
08-11-01, 03:27 PM
When Pena signed with the Yankees, his contract included a stipulation that he be in the majors by 2003. He obviously won't be ready. Cinci will have to carry him or he becomes a free agent.

Michaels07
08-11-01, 03:32 PM
He could be back.Call Brian& Lets make a deal.:D

rock
08-12-01, 04:00 AM
How old is Pena? I think he is very young for his level.

Elfdood
08-12-01, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by rock
How old is Pena? I think he is very young for his level. I believe he's 19, which is indeed young for the low-A level.

Nick Johnson was the same age when he was at Greensboro, and he put up much better numbers. But not being as good as Nick Johnson is nothing to be ashamed of. :)