PDA

View Full Version : Yankees on Yes Tablet

nyywarrior21
06-03-11, 12:31 PM
Hi All,

So i just signed up for Yankees on Yes, and I was wondering any way to stream on a tablet (iPad or Xoom). Would the AtBat App work with YES or does this not exist?

GrouchoNYY
06-04-11, 04:25 PM
Hi All,

So i just signed up for Yankees on Yes, and I was wondering any way to stream on a tablet (iPad or Xoom). Would the AtBat App work with YES or does this not exist?

If you live in the Yankees viewing area (according to MLB) you can't watch the Yankees on your iPad unless you have Slingbox which allows you to watch what is on your home TV.

JDPNYY
06-04-11, 05:19 PM
If you live in the Yankees viewing area (according to MLB) you can't watch the Yankees on your iPad unless you have Slingbox which allows you to watch what is on your home TV.

...or if you have Optimum Online, you can download the Optimum App and watch on your IPad.

yankeesrule
06-04-11, 09:36 PM
...or if you have Optimum Online, you can download the Optimum App and watch on your IPad.

That only works if you are on your home Wifi network.

Another thing you can do is if you have the first gen iPad, you can jailbreak it and fake your location, and then use the MLB At Bat app with mlb.tv (I think it's $50 a year for At Bat App only). iPad 2's are supposedly going to be jailbreakable within the next few weeks. On Android, there are location spoof apps out there without needing to do anything. Not sure if it works on the Xoom, though.

JDPNYY
06-04-11, 09:46 PM
That only works if you are on your home Wifi network.

True that.

nyywarrior21
06-05-11, 04:05 PM
thanks for all the input, i bought the Yankees on Yes thing where you could watch on your computer, and tried doing the same with my xoom since its flash but it didn't work. But im guessing the mlb at bat is not linked to that same thing. From what i understand, the Yankees on yes will not have blackouts.

yankeesrule
06-05-11, 04:56 PM
thanks for all the input, i bought the Yankees on Yes thing where you could watch on your computer, and tried doing the same with my xoom since its flash but it didn't work. But im guessing the mlb at bat is not linked to that same thing. From what i understand, the Yankees on yes will not have blackouts.

Right but with MLB At Bat, if you can location spoof it where it thinks you are somewhere else, you get around the blackout. On my jailbroken iPhone, it thinks I am in South Africa which has allowed me to watch even playoff games which is blacked out in all of North America and some other countries.

You can use something like this (if it works on Xoom): http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applications/tools/location-spoofer_gkmc.html