PDA

View Full Version : Jason Arnold Wins #7

se7ensamadhi
08-07-01, 01:58 AM
Staten Island Yankees starter Jason Arnold upped his record to 7-0 as the Baby Bombers defeated Utica 7-4. Arnold pitched 7 and a third innings allowing 6 hits and 4 earned runs while striking out 14. Offensively, John-Ford Griffin was 1-for-2, 3 walks, 2 runs scored and an RBI, and Juan Camacho and Aaron Rifkin added two RBIs of their own.

Looks like Griffin an Arnold may be on their way to Yankees Stadium someday, both seem to in fact be the real deal.

Michaels07
08-07-01, 10:01 AM
Could Jason Arnold be the Future Roger Clemens?
Could John Ford Griffin be the Next Don Mattingly?

Hopefully,even close, would be great.:cool: :) :D :NY: :NY: :NY: :NY: :NY:

ChicagoYankeeFan
08-07-01, 10:44 AM
Griffin is the most accomplished hitter the Yankees have gotten in the draft in a long, long time. My comparison would be less to Don Mattingly than to John Olerud in Olerud's better years. He seems to draw more walks than Mattingly, but will probably hit for less average. Although he seems to be able to do whatever he wants with the bat!

My guess is that he starts with full-season A-ball next year, vaults to AA during the season. If he has the kind of year I think he could have he could even see AAA and a September callup as early as next year, but I think he'll more realistically see the Majors in 2003.

He should be our starter in LF for a long, long time.