PDA

View Full Version : Robertson needs to pitch the 8th

genius-24
07-22-10, 10:26 PM
I can't handle the Joba roller coaster.

DrNick
07-22-10, 10:30 PM
The turning point in the game was the 7th, when CC walked back t back hitters. Good move bringing in DRob there

Ram Man
07-22-10, 10:43 PM
Robertson is working his way toward the eighth inning and Joba is working his way out. Unfortunately, I wouldn't want to put Joba in any game with runners already on base. Robertson seems to be able to handle that.

snarkerella
07-22-10, 10:47 PM
I think Robertson is a really good fireman-type guy out of the bullpen. I like him just fine in that role. If the starter goes seven or whatever and it's a close game, I'd prefer him in the 8th at this point, too.

bucky
07-23-10, 05:18 AM
I think Robertson is a really good fireman-type guy out of the bullpen. I like him just fine in that role. If the starter goes seven or whatever and it's a close game, I'd prefer him in the 8th at this point, too.

Right now he is better than Joba in the set up. But I do feel he is a really good fireman. What bothers me is I don't understand why Joe does not bring in Mo when Joba gets into trouble (mainly for 1 out). Even last night there was 2 weak hits but walks the batter to load the bases with a solid batter to face. Brian should get another set up pitcher and move Joba back out of this role until he gets better control. I forget his name but there was a guy from Blue Jays but it was a rumor. I just don't see what the plan is (roller coaster is a good term).

Bucky

BRNXBMRS
07-23-10, 08:44 AM
Robertson needs to pitch the 7th to if need be the way this bp has been pitching all year.

BronxYanks45
07-23-10, 09:25 AM
yea, not liking the Joba 8th inning role til he settles down