PDA

View Full Version : 2010 GCL thread

Pages : 1 [2]

yankeelover
07-31-10, 01:57 PM
Evan DeLuca also allowed 4 earned runs in 4 innings bringing his ERA to 9.49 for the season.

We did over pay for him last year and he is having a very bad start. Maybe he develops into Whitey Ford down the road but he sure started badly.

Yankees1962
07-31-10, 02:00 PM
Evan DeLuca also allowed 4 earned runs in 4 innings bringing his ERA to 9.49 for the season.

We did over pay for him last year and he is having a very bad start. Maybe he develops into Whitey Ford down the road but he sure started badly.
Be very careful in placing too much emphasis on stats in rookie ball. It's the beginning of an enduring journey with a very long way to go yet.

yankeelover
07-31-10, 03:09 PM
Be very careful in placing too much emphasis on stats in rookie ball. It's the beginning of an enduring journey with a very long way to go yet.

DeLuca's journey won't be very long unless his performance improves. That's the point. I wish him the best though.

Now one guy I am starting to get intrigued about is Cito Culver. He's got his average up to .261 and won't turn 18 until 8/26. He's definately holding his own as a very young kid in the GCL. I wasn't so optimistic about his selection in early June and he is starting to prove me wrong. Hope he keeps it up.

Matsui55
07-31-10, 09:03 PM

Derek Jeter made like 42 errors in his first pro season.

Its about what you learn, not the numbers- they are almost meaningless- especially in the glorified scrimages in Tampa.

Yankees1962
07-31-10, 09:57 PM
DeLuca's journey won't be very long unless his performance improves. That's the point. I wish him the best though.

You can't necessarily judge improvement/development by a player based on his individual stats in rookie ball which is my point.

indianyanksfan
07-31-10, 09:58 PM
isnt deluca hitting 95 on the gun?

ICEBERG18
08-03-10, 12:00 PM
Sanchez: 1-3 2B 2K

Culver: 1-3 SB

Flores: 1-2 BB (.347/.441/.505)

Pena: 0-1 2BB

kongull
08-03-10, 12:06 PM

Sanchez: nice to see XBH
Culver: nice to see hit + walk
Flores: seems like an offensive beast
Pena: seems to walk an ass-ton.

mbn007
08-03-10, 12:07 PM
GCL Blue Jays Top 6th

Pitcher Change: William Oliver replaces Juan Marcano.
Ronald Melendez hit by pitch.
With Kellen Sweeney batting, passed ball by Damian Taveras, Ronald Melendez to 2nd.
Kellen Sweeney out on a sacrifice bunt, pitcher William Oliver to first baseman Addison Maruszak. Ronald Melendez to 3rd.
K. C. Hobson reaches on a fielder's choice, fielded by first baseman Addison Maruszak. Ronald Melendez scores.
With Michael Crouse batting, passed ball by Damian Taveras, K. Hobson to 2nd.
With Michael Crouse batting, passed ball by Damian Taveras, K. Hobson to 3rd.
With Michael Crouse batting, passed ball by Damian Taveras, K. Hobson scores.
Michael Crouse called out on strikes.
Pierce Rankin walks.
With Bryson Namba batting, Damian Taveras picks off Pierce Rankin at 1st on throw to Addison Maruszak.One of the most amazing innings any team can have defensively. GCL Yankees gave up 2 runs and only 2 batters even hit the ball,and one of them was a sac. bunt. This must have been something to see.

kongull
08-03-10, 12:17 PM
GCL Blue Jays Top 6th

Pitcher Change: William Oliver replaces Juan Marcano.
Ronald Melendez hit by pitch.
With Kellen Sweeney batting, passed ball by Damian Taveras, Ronald Melendez to 2nd.
Kellen Sweeney out on a sacrifice bunt, pitcher William Oliver to first baseman Addison Maruszak. Ronald Melendez to 3rd.
K. C. Hobson reaches on a fielder's choice, fielded by first baseman Addison Maruszak. Ronald Melendez scores.
With Michael Crouse batting, passed ball by Damian Taveras, K. Hobson to 2nd.
With Michael Crouse batting, passed ball by Damian Taveras, K. Hobson to 3rd.
With Michael Crouse batting, passed ball by Damian Taveras, K. Hobson scores.
Michael Crouse called out on strikes.
Pierce Rankin walks.
With Bryson Namba batting, Damian Taveras picks off Pierce Rankin at 1st on throw to Addison Maruszak.One of the most amazing innings any team can have defensively. GCL Yankees gave up 2 runs and only 2 batters even hit the ball,and one of them was a sac. bunt. This must have been something to see.

How did K. C. Hobson reach on fielders choice when seemingly no one was on base at the time.

Matsui55
08-03-10, 12:42 PM
How did K. C. Hobson reach on fielders choice when seemingly no one was on base at the time.

You missed that a guy named Ronald Melendez was on 3rd when he hit the ball. Apparently they tried to throw home to get him rather than make a play on Hobson.

Iknowcool
08-03-10, 12:45 PM

Melendez tried to score on the grounder, and Marsuzak tried to get him at home.

kongull
08-03-10, 01:28 PM
Thank you sirs. Didn't know that fell under fielder's choice.

Gusto
08-03-10, 06:36 PM

On the night (doubleheader):

Sanchez 3-8, two 2B, 4 RBI
Culver 4-8, HR, 3R, 4SB

awy
08-03-10, 07:05 PM
guy scored

mwalvlior
08-03-10, 08:22 PM
On the night (doubleheader):

Sanchez 3-8, two 2B, 4 RBI
Culver 4-8, HR, 3R, 4SB

love the steals by culver, showing glimpses of all the tools. also excellent to have gary back. for all the worry about culver he is more than holding his own in the gcl, especially for someone so young.

mbn007
08-04-10, 12:28 PM
B. Mitchell is spinning a beaut in the GCL so far today, but my updates are slow on MiLB.

5 innings, 5 Ks, 2BBs, and no runs or hits.

mwalvlior
08-04-10, 03:27 PM
B. Mitchell is spinning a beaut in the GCL so far today, but my updates are slow on MiLB.

5 innings, 5 Ks, 2BBs, and no runs or hits.

that is what he ended with. he has been excellent his last 4 trips to the bump. 19 IP 2 ER 11H 8BB 15K (10 scoreless 2H 2BB 10K his last 2 times)

TheHugeUnit2
08-04-10, 03:29 PM
that is what he ended with. he has been excellent his last 4 trips to the bump. 19 IP 2 ER 11H 8BB 15K (10 scoreless 2H 2BB 10K his last 2 times)
Huge Mitchell fan, right here. I think he could really shape that 2009 draft class nicely.

mwalvlior
08-04-10, 03:34 PM
Huge Mitchell fan, right here. I think he could really shape that 2009 draft class nicely.

agree on the huge upside. also really nice to see a kid so young be able to turn things around during the year.

TheHugeUnit2
08-04-10, 03:35 PM
haha, calling Mr. DeLuca ;)

indianyanksfan
08-04-10, 06:56 PM
how has deluca's stuff been like ?

jeter62375
08-04-10, 08:02 PM
how has deluca's stuff been like ?

no good

kan_t
08-04-10, 10:32 PM
no good
I think stuff and contral are two different things.

Melan-cynic
08-05-10, 01:16 AM
I've heard his stuff is good, up to 94-95 with the FB. Doesn't mean anything when you can't control it [as Kan just said].

indianyanksfan
08-05-10, 02:52 AM
I've heard his stuff is good, up to 94-95 with the FB. Doesn't mean anything when you can't control it [as Kan just said].
true but he's still starting. definitey someone to keep an eye on with that velocity. if he was a mid 80s i wouldnt be so concerned.

sugmasterflex
08-05-10, 03:14 AM

It's all about potential with the GCL kids. DeLuca has a high ceiling.

Yankees1962
08-05-10, 04:07 AM
It's all about potential with the GCL kids. DeLuca has a high ceiling.
Thank you. It's rookie ball and you have to give these kids some time for growth in assessing their performances especially hard throwing lefty pitchers.

mbn007
08-05-10, 07:23 AM
Thank you. It's rookie ball and you have to give these kids some time for growth in assessing their performances especially hard throwing lefty pitchers.

What about Elam? He can't seem to find home plate with a radar. Although he did hurl 2 walkless innings last night.

Yankees1962
08-05-10, 07:43 AM
What about Elam? He can't seem to find home plate with a radar. Although he did hurl 2 walkless innings last night.
Only difference is that Elam is about four years older than young DeLuca.

Melan-cynic
08-05-10, 05:35 PM
It's all about potential with the GCL kids. DeLuca has a high ceiling.Of course. Never said otherwise and completely agree. There aren't many Gary Sanchez' out there. GCL is all about upside. It's the high upside guys who also show high performance which are few and far between. If you aren't going to exercise patience regarding GCL prospects then the minor leagues probably aren't for you.

Jax Teller
08-09-10, 12:55 PM
Just going over some stats & what stood out the most to me about Flores is that he has more walks (20) than strikeouts (17). He is just a polar opposite of the 2009 version.

yankee82093
08-09-10, 04:47 PM
Just going over some stats & what stood out the most to me about Flores is that he has more walks (20) than strikeouts (17). He is just a polar opposite of the 2009 version.

He had great discipline in the DSL too, likely why he was pushed to the GCL. Very advanced hitter at such a young age. I like him a lot

Matsui55
08-09-10, 06:46 PM
Of course. Never said otherwise and completely agree. There aren't many Gary Sanchez' out there. GCL is all about upside. It's the high upside guys who also show high performance which are few and far between. If you aren't going to exercise patience regarding GCL prospects then the minor leagues probably aren't for you.

This is absolutely correct.

It is this exact point that leads me to say each winter that it is kind of pointless of try and rank young guys until we get a full season look at them. Rookie ball is about learning, not performance.

Of course, when a guy is a teenager and is superior to the rest of the league while flashing elite skills (Montero and Sanchez are the examples here), then it makes sense to rate them.

However, trying to draw conclusions about guys who are early on the learning curve like DeLuca, Richardson and others based on numbers in glorified scrimmages is foolish. They flash tools and talent, but they are in rookie ball because they need to learn to apply these skills consistently. Some days they will "have it"; other days, they won't.

mbn007
08-17-10, 11:21 AM
Segedin playing for the GCL Yankees today - batting lead-off!!!!!:eek:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=g_box&gid=2010_08_17_brarok_yanrok_1

Melan-cynic
08-17-10, 11:28 AM

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=g_box&gid=2010_08_17_brarok_yanrok_1
.Beaned in his first pro at bat. Craig Biggio eat your heart out.

mbn007
08-17-10, 11:59 AM
Beaned in his first pro at bat. Craig Biggio eat your heart out.

"Welcome to the pros kid";)

Gusto
08-17-10, 12:13 PM

He's a clydesdale at leadoff, but he went 1st to 3rd on Flores' single.

Wonder if they are trying to get him as many ABs as possible for some reason.

Snatch Catch
08-17-10, 12:22 PM
He's a clydesdale at leadoff, but he went 1st to 3rd on Flores' single.

Wonder if they are trying to get him as many ABs as possible for some reason.

I think this is right. I read an interview with him after he signed where he said he'd take a couple of games in the GCL to get some ABs because he hadn't faced live pitching in so long (he signed his contract in Tampa), and then head off to SI or Charleston.

mbn007
08-17-10, 12:28 PM
I think this is right. I read an interview with him after he signed where he said he'd take a couple of games in the GCL to get some ABs because he hadn't faced live pitching in so long (he signed his contract in Tampa), and then head off to SI or Charleston.

If this is the case, so it explains why he is batting lead-off, and also why he is in the GCL. My guess is he ends up in SI. They can use a hitter there.

Hughes2.50
08-17-10, 01:25 PM
If this is the case, so it explains why he is batting lead-off, and also why he is in the GCL. My guess is he ends up in SI. They can use a hitter there.Sanchez today 3 ab, 2 h, 1 double, 3 runs scored, 3 runs batted in; Current Avg. 368. Man, among little boys.

NY_GOLDENARMS
08-17-10, 01:49 PM
Anderson Feliz is putting together quite an impressive season for someone who is almost as young as Culver.

Hughes2.50
08-17-10, 02:08 PM
Anderson Feliz is putting together quite an impressive season for someone who is almost as young as Culver.Yes he is. The IFA class from several years ago looks sweet now.<p>I think we'll be hearing about the double-play combination of Culver/Feliz for a long, long, time.

Melan-cynic
08-17-10, 02:34 PM
I think we'll be hearing about the double-play combination of Culver/Feliz for a long, long, time.Of course you do. GCL kids hitting .265 = big league franchise cornerstones. It really doesn't take much for your hyperboles to take flight.

yankee82093
08-17-10, 02:37 PM
Yes he is. The IFA class from several years ago looks sweet now.I think we'll be hearing about the double-play combination of Culver/Feliz for a long, long, time.
I'd hope so, but it certainly isn't likely at all at this point.

Hughes2.50
08-17-10, 02:41 PM
I'd hope so, but it certainly isn't likely at all at this point.They are both guys the Yankees believe in and if they continue to develop, there is no reason not to hear their names for a long time.

Melan-cynic
08-17-10, 02:42 PM
They are both guys the Yankees believe in and if they continue to develop, there is no reason not to hear their names for a long time.lol. Yes, there is every reason to believe otherwise. It's as if you think every prospect with any talent is guaranteed to make good on their potential and have a spot held for them on the big club - even 17-year-old GCL kids who could be 4 or 5 years off.

Hughes2.50
08-17-10, 02:45 PM
lol. Yes, there is every reason to believe otherwise. It's as if you think every prospect with any talent is guaranteed to make good on their potential and have a spot held for them on the big club - even 17-year-old GCL kids who could be 4 or 5 years off.Are you bitter too? Did you want the Yankees to sign Viramontes as well? Enjoy the talent the Yankees have signed, the <b>GCL is all about upside</b>. :lol: :lol: :lol:

yankee82093
08-17-10, 02:45 PM
They are both guys the Yankees believe in and if they continue to develop, there is no reason not to hear their names for a long time.

I assume you're aware of the fact that most prospects fail?

Hughes2.50
08-17-10, 02:47 PM
I assume you're aware of the fact that most prospects fail?Thank you - <a href="http://www.felixthecat.com/friends-poindexter.htm">Poindexter</a href>.

yankee82093
08-17-10, 02:50 PM
Thank you - Poindexter.

To be honest with you here, you're doing nothing but confirming your reputation as a rampant fanboy with posts like 293.

Aren't you a stats professor or something? You should be rational enough to realize that there's a very low likelihood Culver and Feliz both become established major leaguers.

Melan-cynic
08-17-10, 02:54 PM
Thank you - Poindexter (http://www.felixthecat.com/friends-poindexter.htm).:roflmao: Except you really don't get it, genius.

Thinking two 17 year olds in the GCL don't have the odds stacked against them becoming the starting middle infield for the NY Yankees is just the latest in a long line of obvious examples of that. It's embarrassing at this point.

Yes, the GCL is all about upside. Trying to project a 17-year-old on the starting roster is not - not even close - to what it's all about.

awy
08-17-10, 02:56 PM
feliz? isn't he a pitcher? when did the yankees trade for him

Melan-cynic
08-17-10, 02:59 PM
feliz? isn't he a pitcher? when did the yankees trade for himThink you're thinking of Neftali Feliz... Feliz is a pretty common Latin name, dude.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=s_pla&q=feliz&x=0&y=0

yankee82093
feliz? isn't he a pitcher? when did the yankees trade for him

He's a middle infielder the Yankees signed in 2008 I think. Maybe 2009. International free agent.

Hughes2.50
Apparently it is true that blind jealousy clouds the mind of logic, where in post <a href="http://forums.nyyfans.com/showpost.php?p=6942434&postcount=293">293</a href> do I mention these two will even make the majors? They could be quite an impressive double play duo and never make the Yankees or the majors. Although I am sure the Yankees have a little higher expectation for both.

Melan-cynic
08-17-10, 03:01 PM
Apparently it is true that blind jealousy clouds the mind of logic, where in post 293 (http://forums.nyyfans.com/showpost.php?p=6942434&postcount=293) do I mention these two will even make the majors? They could be quite an impressive double play duo and never make the Yankees or the majors. Although I am sure the Yankees have a little higher expectation for both.Blind jealousy of what? Being wrong all the time?

yankee82093
08-17-10, 03:01 PM
Apparently it is true that blind jealousy clouds the mind of logic, where in post 293 (http://forums.nyyfans.com/showpost.php?p=6942434&postcount=293) do I mention these two will even make the majors? They could be quite an impressive double play duo and never make the Yankees or the majors. Although I am sure the Yankees have a little higher expectation for both.

Where's the jealousy? What?

And by
I think we'll be hearing about the double-play combination of Culver/Feliz for a long, long, time. I was supposed to infer what exactly?

Melan-cynic
08-17-10, 03:06 PM
I would think "we'll be hearing about the double-play combination of Culver/Feliz for a long, long, time" might, just might, imply them playing together in the bigs. How could it not. :lol:

EDIT: yankee beat me to it.

Hughes2.50
08-17-10, 03:07 PM
Where's the jealousy? What?

<b>And by I was supposed to infer what exactly?</b>Maybe this:<p>
They could be quite an impressive double play duo and never make the Yankees or the majors. Although I am sure the Yankees have a little higher expectation for both.

nnysiny
08-17-10, 03:09 PM
I assume you're aware of the fact that most prospects fail?
nonsense! they all pan out to be part of dominating poker hands

Melan-cynic
08-17-10, 03:11 PM
Maybe this:You said that AFTER saying they'd be playing together for "a long, long time."

Nice backtrack attempt though. It was fun to watch.

yankee82093
08-17-10, 03:12 PM
Maybe this:

From the perspective of developing a farm system, the purpose of prospects is to provide value to the Major League team, by
1) playing for the major league team
2) getting traded for players that can help the major league team.

Thus any prospect who isn't good enough to do either of those is not very impressive, and certainly not valuable.

If they are neither impressive nor valuable (which they wouldn't be if they never made the majors or netted major league players), I don't think it's likely we will be hearing about them for a long, long time.

wang+cano=future
08-17-10, 03:13 PM
Yes he is. The IFA class from several years ago looks sweet now.I think we'll be hearing about the double-play combination of Culver/Feliz for a long, long, time.

No offense, but it is statements like this that takes away a lot of your credibility. It would be awesome if true, but most likely it won't happen. Angelini, Lassiter and others are haven't exactly instilled confidence to draft and develop infielders (I know Feliz is a IFA signing)......

Hughes2.50
08-17-10, 03:14 PM
You said that AFTER saying they'd be playing together for "a long, long time."

Nice backtrack attempt though. It was fun to watch.Maybe your not a clown afterall, maybe just an i........

Hughes2.50
08-17-10, 03:17 PM
No offense, but it is statements like this that takes away a lot of your credibility. It would be awesome if true, but most likely it won't happen. Angelini, Lassiter and others are haven't exactly instilled confidence to draft and develop infielders (I know Feliz is a IFA signing)......Who has credibliity on a message board? Anyone? With all the haters and trolls it is impossible to establish credibility, even if someone has earned it.<p>Its best to just chuckle at those who will fall all over themselves after BA or BP says something like that. No one wants to look like a fool for having paid for a subscription and criticizing the same thing they might have read on a bulletin board (so they do their hating and trolling for free on tthe bb). Its just the way it is.

Melan-cynic
08-17-10, 03:17 PM
Maybe your not a clown afterall, maybe just an i........Hmm.. Nine letters and starts with i... How about an "ingenious" baseball fan who constantly makes you look incompetent.

Who has credibliity on a message board? Anyone? With all the haters and trolls it is impossible to establish credibility, even if someone has earned it. So now you're admitting you have no credibility in order to establish your credibility. Bold strategy, Cotton.

NY_GOLDENARMS
08-19-10, 11:13 AM
Gumbs and Gamel are in the GCL lineup today.

NY_GOLDENARMS
08-19-10, 11:19 AM
Gamel with a hit in his 1st AB as a professional.......

Yankees1962
08-19-10, 11:53 AM
By the way, Gumbs is playing SS.

Jax Teller
08-19-10, 02:03 PM
Flores 2-4, RBI

NY_GOLDENARMS
08-19-10, 03:31 PM
Flores 2-4, RBI

3-5, 2 RBI

Gusto
08-19-10, 03:44 PM
3-5, 2 RBI

Makes you wonder why he's still in the GCL ... he had 158 ABs there last year.

NY_GOLDENARMS
08-19-10, 03:51 PM

I saw this coming a 2-3 years ago, they need a 9th :eek: minor league team in the Appy league and I'm glad the Yankees are aware of that too.....

Yankees1962
08-19-10, 04:03 PM
Actually, I think he should have been called up to SI instead of Duran.

Matsui55
08-19-10, 05:46 PM
I saw this coming a 2-3 years ago, they need a 9th :eek: minor league team in the Appy league and I'm glad the Yankees are aware of that too.....

I caught that comment by Oppenheimer in the interview on PP too.

Just FYI- there are two "openings" to get an Appy league team this year. See this chart from BA:

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/minors/business-beat/2010/2610422.html

Jax Teller
08-19-10, 08:38 PM
The Appalachian Ass Rape gets my vote.

budstinks
08-19-10, 08:39 PM

I missed the article. What did it say?

I've always been told that they can't have another minor league team.

sjkqw
08-20-10, 09:43 AM
George Isabel was brought over from the DSL.

dpbddd99
08-20-10, 11:43 AM
Williams 0 for 2.

dpbddd99
08-20-10, 11:44 AM
George Isabel was brought over from the DSL.

Article on Isabel.

http://knightsbaseballblog.blogspot.com/2010/07/isabel-signs-with-yankees.html

yankeelover
08-20-10, 01:15 PM
Williams 1-3 in his first game but what caught my eye is he was caught stealing and picked off. May have 70 speed but it's going to take a lot of refinement to make it effective.

Yankees1962
08-20-10, 01:18 PM
Williams 1-3 in his first game but what caught my eye is he was caught stealing and picked off. May have 70 speed but it's going to take a lot of refinement to make it effective.
Based on one pickoff in his first game you're basing that on.

kongull
08-20-10, 01:22 PM

He's very observant, don't take that away from him.

yankeelover
08-20-10, 01:23 PM

Yes. Isn't it time for your nap?

TheHugeUnit2
08-20-10, 01:26 PM
Yes. Isn't it time for your nap?
Everyone is going to have a little rough spots, perhaps he was nervous too and wasn't paying his full attention. Give him a few more games perhaps.

Yankee Fan in Boston
08-20-10, 01:26 PM
Everyone is going to have a little rough spots, perhaps he was nervous too and wasn't paying his full attention. Give him a few more games perhaps.

Bust.

awy
08-20-10, 01:30 PM
...this is the gcl, you do realize that right

Yankees1962
08-20-10, 01:31 PM
...this is the gcl, you do realize that right
Something tells me there are a lot of things that poster doesn't realize yet.

yankeelover
08-20-10, 01:31 PM
Bust.

Based on one pickoff in his first game you're basing that on. :D

Yankee Fan in Boston
08-20-10, 01:55 PM
Based on one pickoff in his first game you're basing that on. :D

Um, you realize I was joking, right?

TheHugeUnit2
08-20-10, 01:57 PM
Dude people don't joke on the internet. :mad: :mad: This is serious business here.

yankeelover
08-20-10, 01:58 PM

Yes. It was a tongue in cheek comment meant for 1962 but I think his napping now.

Yankees1962
08-20-10, 02:12 PM
He wasn't joking until he got called on it.

yankeelover
08-20-10, 02:18 PM

How was the nap?

Yankee Fan in Boston
08-20-10, 03:09 PM

Kind of. I usually make firm judgments after about a week in the GCL, but this was so egregious I made an exception.

dpbddd99
08-21-10, 11:55 AM
Williams and Gumbs 0 for 3 today. Gamel 1 for 3

Posada_20
08-27-10, 11:57 AM
GCL yanks up 4-0 after 3. Gumbs 2-2, Kuo witha 3 run homer. Bryan Mitchell 3 hitless innings so far with 4 Ks, inlcuding striking out the side in the 3rd. Their season ends tommorrow, so it'd be great to see them finish up on a positive note.

All Praise be to Mo
08-27-10, 01:55 PM
GCL yanks up 4-0 after 3. Gumbs 2-2, Kuo witha 3 run homer. Bryan Mitchell 3 hitless innings so far with 4 Ks, inlcuding striking out the side in the 3rd. Their season ends tommorrow, so it'd be great to see them finish up on a positive note.

Any GCL guys moving up when the season is over there or most going home/instructional league?

Posada_20
08-27-10, 02:35 PM
There may be a couple that go to Staten Island for the last 2 weeks of the season but most of them will just report to Tampa for Fall Instructionals. Mitchell was terrific in his final start of the season. 5IP, 1 hit, 1 Walk, 7 Ks, no runs. Brett Gerritse finished up with 2 scoreless innings.