PDA

View Full Version : Seabol at SS

ChicagoYankeeFan
08-03-01, 09:34 AM
Interesting double header yesterday in Columbus. Seabol was playing SS to fill-in for the injured E. Almonte. Can't comment on his D there, but as a hitter his offense would be excellent for the position. As they did with Mike Coolbaugh, the Yankees may have convinced Seabol that his best chance to make the majors is by being a utility player.

Michaels07
08-03-01, 09:46 AM
He probably can play any where.Replace Bellinger?

Elfdood
08-03-01, 11:58 AM
Seabol makes a lot of errors at third, so it's pretty hard to imagine him being a utility guy. It certainly would help his chances to make the major leagues, though. If Clay Bellinger can make a major league roster by playing seven positions, well, then...

Cparkergrl
08-03-01, 08:31 PM
What happend to Almonte?

Lisa

se7ensamadhi
08-03-01, 11:41 PM
I think Almonte has a problem with his quad.

As far as Seabol goes, I think he deserves to be on the Yankees roster more then Clay Bellinger does. The one thing that separates the two: Seabol can actually hit. Maybe after a while, the fill-ins at 3B don't produce, the Yanks dip down and call him (Seabol) up to see what he can do. Worth a shot, especially when you have 8 other guys in the lineup who are currently on good hitting clips.

ChicagoYankeeFan
08-06-01, 02:29 PM
Now he's in Norwich.. not sure what's going on here! I didn't think he was hitting poorly enough to be demoted, but maybe they wanted to work on some stuff down there now that Almonte's back. It seemed to help Almonte to get some work in Norwich earlier this year.

Michaels07
08-06-01, 04:23 PM
The reason is obvious. Columbus is going no where. Norwich has a chance,currently in 2nd place.Will make the playoffs at this pace. The Boss likes to give his minor league teams a chance to get a ring They do this every year.Hence Seabol to Norwich.:cool: :)

ChicagoYankeeFan
08-06-01, 10:05 PM
I hadn't even noticed they were that close... I gotta stop looking at the box scores and neglecting the standings!