PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 New York Jets Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-13-10, 12:02 AM
At the beginning of this year and at certain points last year broadcasters referred to him as "a rising star coordinator" destined for a head coaching job. It was so laughable I couldn't laugh.

I'd be thrilled if someone hired him away.

dabomb2045
12-13-10, 12:23 AM
IIRC there were Green Bay defensive players making some comments after the 9-0 game that they "knew what was coming" from the Jets offense. Watching this game today, I almost got the sense Miami's defense knew exactly what was coming 80-90% of the time. They were perfectly positioned alot of the time, had the perfect defensive setup on most of the plays.

I get the feeling that these good defensive teams pickup on the Jets predictability. It could be that they run the same plays out of the same formations all the time, or run the same plays in the same game situations (or both). Teams will pick up on that stuff. Parcells used to say "once you become predictable in this league, you are dead".

ojo
12-13-10, 06:17 AM
I've said it from the outset. running shone greene was the ticket to imposing your will. EIGHT carries? what a fraud.

Melan-cynic
12-13-10, 10:30 AM
I've said it from the outset. running shone greene was the ticket to imposing your will. EIGHT carries? what a fraud.
What position does Shone play?

Kidding but totally agree Shonn Greene needs to get the ................ing ball.

ojo
12-13-10, 11:02 AM
that was my iPad doing that stupid auto correct. didn't notice it.

AMYanks
12-13-10, 12:40 PM
Rex constantly pumped our defense up when they were playing terrible, now they play a good game and he's pissed at them?

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/un_served_rip_lkvpbkJjnt6S0F65ZD6mUM

Jets defensive end Shaun Ellis couldn't believe his ears after the game.

Granted, the Jets lost to the Dolphins 10-6 and all losses are team losses, blah, blah, blah. But the Jets' defense held the Dolphins to 131 yards of total offense, a total of six first downs (one in the second half) and just five completions. The defense produced five sacks and three fumble recoveries.

But . . .

"According to Rex we played [bleepy]," Ellis told The Post of Rex Ryan's words to the defense after the game. "He said we weren't good enough. I guess we needed a shutout. I guess that's what he was talking about."

The criticism did not sit well with the defensive players, likely explaining why most of them bolted from the locker room before reporters were allowed in. Linebacker Bart Scott, the so-called leader of the group, had someone bring him his clothes from his locker.

"It's frustrating to hear that because we played a solid game," Ellis said. "I guess he just expects so much out of the defense that there should have been zero points on the board, not 10."

dabomb2045
12-13-10, 12:47 PM
So now they will have a defense vs offense feud. Great. Ryan better get a hold of this team otherwise this could spiral completely out of control.

Jax Teller
12-13-10, 06:59 PM
Alosi was suspended for the rest of the season without pay & fined $25,000.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-13-10, 07:33 PM

I have no idea how much money strength and conditioning coaches in the NFL make, but I'm guessing that's more than he made last week.

NelsonMuntz
12-13-10, 10:20 PM
Good. He deserves it.

Soriambi
12-13-10, 10:52 PM
I can't believe Rex got on the defense. I'm sure he was trying to motivate them to be even better, but it seems he might have miscalculated on this one.

As for Alosi, I think he probably got off pretty easy.

Melan-cynic
12-14-10, 12:42 AM
I can't believe Rex got on the defense. I'm sure he was trying to motivate them to be even better, but it seems he might have miscalculated on this one.
Totally agree. Best they've played in weeks and the offense is atrocious. Not the time.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
12-14-10, 02:51 PM
Christ, what a disappointing loss. The Jets SB chances this season were always gonna hinge on Sanchez, (defense is very good but not elite enough to carry a subpar QB) and he's definitely regressed. I blame this mostly on the o-line being generally wack of late and more so on the fact that Schittenheimer is still the Jets OC. Sanchez' success this earlier this year was not a fluke, what's happened is that defenses adjusted to the offense, and Schitty has not responded. Of course Sanchez is not blameless but it's been long enough with Schitty, it doesn't matter who the QB is, he just doesn't coach very productive offenses.

People love to hate on Rex for Ines Sainz, for talking too much, for Sal Alosi, for Braylon Edwards DUI, but none of that matters. I think his biggest mistake was keeping Schitty around, he should have been fired along with Mangini. And Rex's clock management has been subpar as well. But aside from that...Jets fans should get off of this guy's case. Leave the other nonsense to people like Fatcesa, Malushi*s, and the other mediots that loooove ripping the Jets and getting the fans all wound up over it. (sad that so many Jets fans eagerly take the bait)

hugelongtermdeal
12-15-10, 07:08 AM
http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsblog/former_dolphins_stand_says_jets_A9uUblV9clotr25aTk1YtJ

They were talking about this on FAN this morning. I don't think this will end well for the NYJs.

GordonGecko
12-15-10, 09:39 AM
I think his biggest mistake was keeping Schitty around
On the Michael Kay show on monday rex was going out of his way to compliment schittenheimer, so apparently he has the kool-aid delivered to his blood supply intraveinously

http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu273/areacode212/simple_brian.jpg

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-15-10, 10:17 AM
http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsblog/former_dolphins_stand_says_jets_A9uUblV9clotr25aTk1YtJ

They were talking about this on FAN this morning. I don't think this will end well for the NYJs.

Sounds like a whiney douche who likes conspiracies to me.

GordonGecko
12-15-10, 10:19 AM
Sounds like a whiney douche who likes conspiracies to me.

he is a douche, most teams don't go out of their way to make room for opposing teams to sneak downfield through the sidelines. The Jets aren't doing anything unusual here

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
12-15-10, 10:53 AM

Ehhh....who gives a flying f what Zach Thomas thinks. This is over and done with. The bigger issue is whether or not Schitty can pull his head out of his ass and get the offense back in gear, three games left fellas...

Melan-cynic
12-15-10, 11:46 AM

Thanks for your fantastic contribution to this thread. See you in another 5 years.

kan_t
12-15-10, 11:54 AM
The only thing that will not end well for the Jets is a loss on Sunday. They should just focus on winning next game. Fans too.

Soriambi
12-15-10, 11:57 AM
who likes conspiracies to me.

The magic tripping knee theory just doesn't make sense. It's physically impossible.

There was obviously more than one tripper. Under normal circumstances, a fall has four components:

1. The fall
2. It breaks something
3. No injury is incurred
4. It ends with the words "Did I do that?"

Only one of the four was true about the fall at the Jets game. There was indeed a fall, but it didn't break anything, an injury happened, and no popular catch phrase was uttered, unless you count the title of Cee Lo Green's latest song as a popular catch phrase these days. There is obviously something more to this story.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
12-15-10, 03:17 PM
I finally tune in to Fathead and LaGreca and in literally 15 seconds I'm reminded why I haven't listened to them in nearly two weeks. I mean enough with Sal Alosi already, he's a glorified personal trainer. It's Wednesday, the game was Sunday, move on already they go on like it was Mike Tannenbaum who tripped the guy

TheoShmeo
12-15-10, 10:43 PM
I finally tune in to Fathead and LaGreca and in literally 15 seconds I'm reminded why I haven't listened to them in nearly two weeks. I mean enough with Sal Alosi already, he's a glorified personal trainer. It's Wednesday, the game was Sunday, move on already they go on like it was Mike Tannenbaum who tripped the guy
Agreed. I dislike the Jets as much as anyone but it was the strength coach and it was probably just a weird inability to beat back an urge. I seriously doubt that it was premeditated.

montrealer
12-16-10, 04:57 AM

Agreed......much ado about nothing.......

pjfan
12-16-10, 06:04 AM
If anything, Westhoff is making it worse by giving interviews to a Chicago radio station the week his team is playing Pittsburgh.

montrealer
12-16-10, 06:44 AM
If anything, Westhoff is making it worse by giving interviews to a Chicago radio station the week his team is playing Pittsburgh.

WFAN is not helping either. Carlton just keeps throwing gas on the fire. I thought he was a big Jet supporter........

ojo
12-16-10, 07:43 AM
Ehhh....who gives a flying f what Zach Thomas thinks. This is over and done with. The bigger issue is whether or not Schitty can pull his head out of his ass and get the offense back in gear, three games left fellas...

how is it over and done with?

management tackles a player and you want people to think there's nothing to see here.

please. this is indicative of Ryan's style, in my opinion. brash, and don't give a F what anybody else thinks. some of that works, but when your own coaches begin acting on it...well you have what you have.

Melan-cynic
12-16-10, 10:23 AM
WFAN is not helping either. Carlton just keeps throwing gas on the fire. I thought he was a big Jet supporter........
He's a twit. He wants ratings not fan appreciation. Not sure why you care though. You're a Steelers fan...

fredgmuggs
12-16-10, 12:33 PM

management tackles a player and you want people to think there's nothing to see here.

please. this is indicative of Ryan's style, in my opinion. brash, and don't give a F what anybody else thinks. some of that works, but when your own coaches begin acting on it...well you have what you have.

The "wall" story I find amusing because (1) I don't think there's anything wrong with it (intentionally kneeing a player is something else, though) .... and (2) there's no way a strength coach decided to line up players and coaching staff on his own. That had to come from higher up on the coaching food chain, whether the Jets admit to it or not.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
12-16-10, 03:33 PM

" Management" :lol: The guy is a freakin glorified personal trainer. You act as if it was Woody Johnson that did it. So tell me, what else is there to see? What's next, what other scheme are the Jets going to conjure up? The Jets Flight Crew running naked across the field as Ryan Fitzpatrick drops back to pass? It's over and done with. Unless you're a Dolphins fan rubbing salt into the wound, you're flogging a dead horse. It's Thursday, it happened Sunday, Alosi's been dealt with, move on.

Riiiight...just like Braylon Edwards DWI (it's only happened to like 5 players already since him) was Rex's fault. You're right about Rex, he is ballsy and doesn't give a damn what anybody thinks, and in my opinion will lead the Jets to a lot of successful seasons. I couldn't care less about negative public perception. The media can stick their pens and microphones up their a**es for all I care.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
12-16-10, 03:51 PM
Here's Bill Belichick, that loudmouth undisciplined coach with no control over his coaches and players, helping Marvin Harrison out a few years back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h42kTrO8ZA4&feature=player_embedded

Soriambi
12-17-10, 08:17 AM
The "wall" story I find amusing because (1) I don't think there's anything wrong with it (intentionally kneeing a player is something else, though) ....

Yeah, the Jets are hardly the only team to use the "wall." The Patriots use it regularly, for instance. The only difference is that they haven't kneed someone running by, which admittedly is a pretty big difference.

JWHIII
12-17-10, 08:19 AM
Here's Bill Belichick, that loudmouth undisciplined coach with no control over his coaches and players, helping Marvin Harrison out a few years back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h42kTrO8ZA4&feature=player_embedded
He's lucky he wasn't shot.

S2
12-17-10, 08:52 AM
Yeah, the Jets are hardly the only team to use the "wall." The Patriots use it regularly, for instance. The only difference is that they haven't kneed someone running by, which admittedly is a pretty big difference.Agreed 100%. If the Dolphin player had to alter his route because 4 or 5 Sal Alosi's were just standing there, that's one thing. But when you attempt to trip (and/or injure) a player, that crosses the line.

GordonGecko
12-17-10, 10:16 AM
That had to come from higher up on the coaching food chain, whether the Jets admit to it or not.
Please tell us what you base that on? The head coach is like the CEO, he delegates everything to the lower executives who delegate to the staff. Rex has no time to worry about setting some wall of people, and neither does Westhoff because he's out there co-ordinating the special teams on the punt return. Meanwhile this fitness coach alosi is bored and decides to put the screws to the dolphins and gets his trainers to line up next to him. There's no way the other coaches are getting consulted on that

kan_t
12-17-10, 11:57 AM
A good news to the Jets.

Polamalu is not likely to play on this Sunday.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-17-10, 01:58 PM
A good news to the Jets.

Polamalu is not likely to play on this Sunday.

:cheer:

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-19-10, 03:16 PM
Woooooo!

AMYanks
12-19-10, 03:24 PM
I was watching the Giants game when Brad Smith returned the kick, and I was watching the Jets game when DeSean Jackson returned the punt.

just-blaze
12-19-10, 03:29 PM
Well that was an encouraging first drive.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-19-10, 03:42 PM
This drive has been a positive, no matter what the outcome.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-19-10, 03:44 PM
Running up the middle on 2nd & 19? :wtf:

Mark19
12-19-10, 03:49 PM
Can understand why they wouldn't trust Folk there

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-19-10, 03:58 PM
How is a 9-yard run a first down?!?

Yankeesfan924
12-19-10, 04:02 PM
Steelers: Needing only 9 yards for a first down since 2010.

Also, poo.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-19-10, 04:02 PM
NY Jets 7
Goodell 7

Mark19
12-19-10, 04:03 PM
Ben just showed Sanchez how to put together a drive, I hope Schotty was taking notes

just-blaze
12-19-10, 04:06 PM
Ben just showed Sanchez how to put together a drive, I hope Schotty was taking notes

9 yd first downs would benefit Sanchez greatly.

Mark19
12-19-10, 04:11 PM
9 yd first downs would benefit Sanchez greatly.

Hmm, only have the Gamecast here, seems like typical Steelers shenanigans

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-19-10, 04:12 PM
I don't feel confident on a Folk 25 yarder..

just-blaze
12-19-10, 04:13 PM
Love that 3rd down playcall Brian.

Snatch Catch
12-19-10, 04:35 PM
Wow, absolutely horrific clock management and disarray at the end of the half. That's embarrassing.

Jace
12-19-10, 04:35 PM
the big reason this team hasn't been good in awhile (which everyone knows) is both of their lines get pushed all over the place. Sanchez will be erratic, but if they could run the ball and get pressure on opposing QBs, theyd be fine. But they can't. 90% of their blitzes seem to get picked up perfectly (like Pitt's last 2 drives in this half), and the RBs have little to no impact on the game

Yeah, how could the coaching staff just be standing there at the end of the half? Everyone's girlfriend that doesn't understand football knows how you use timeouts in that situation, and on a slightly higher brain function level, if you arent using timeouts, throw to the sidelines mr coaches

Jace
12-19-10, 04:54 PM
and mendenhall treats the d lineman and linebackers like little children. how cute!

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-19-10, 04:55 PM
Damn it all.

Also...zero penalties on the Steelers? Really?

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-19-10, 04:58 PM
Thank God for Brad Smith.

dabomb2045
12-19-10, 04:58 PM
So I see its Brad Smith vs the Steelers today.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-19-10, 05:01 PM
At least Sanchez looks good today. Now if they can, you know, get a TD.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-19-10, 05:05 PM
4th and 1/2...how can Schotty eff this one up?

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-19-10, 05:06 PM
Wow. AMAZING fake. I was excited that Greene got across the line and then I see Sanchez strolling in. :lol:

Jace
12-19-10, 05:07 PM
that is a hell of a fake, and a good call for once in a big situation. great shot to take when pitt's interior run D is so good, and a first down just gets you a tough touchdown from the 6 yd line

dabomb2045
12-19-10, 05:07 PM
Wow brilliant play call for once

Snatch Catch
12-19-10, 05:09 PM
No exaggeration, that may have been the best fake I've ever seen. The defense didn't even realize Sanchez had the ball until he was in the endzone. Normally you see guys reel around but it's already too late. The Steelers had no idea what was going on until the play was over. Incredible execution.

Mark19
12-19-10, 05:13 PM
That was quite impressive, where was that all season?

Jace
12-19-10, 05:18 PM
they got off the field on 3rd down. omggggggggggggg

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-19-10, 05:30 PM
Ok. Now the defense needs to do its job.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-19-10, 05:38 PM
Blitzing on 3rd and 19...lucky it didn't burn them.

Mark19
12-19-10, 05:39 PM
Blitzing on 3rd and 19...lucky it didn't burn them.
Very dangerous, don't understand that call

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-19-10, 05:40 PM
Just run the hell out the clock, please.

machphantom
12-19-10, 05:47 PM
New strategy: fake on every offensive play.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-19-10, 05:47 PM
Why do you throw at all on this drive? Argh.

AMYanks
12-19-10, 05:51 PM
Never in a million years did I think there would be another Jets coach and staff with worse clock management than Herm.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
Holy cow...SAFETY!

AMYanks
Thank you JT!

Mark19
12-19-10, 05:55 PM
Geez, Cromartie

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-19-10, 05:59 PM
Passing...again, why?

This has a bad ending written all over it.

Mark19
12-19-10, 05:59 PM
No clue, need to give it to LT there

Mark19
12-19-10, 06:01 PM
Passing...again, why?

This has a bad ending written all over it.

Agreed, if LT gets the 1st down there, immensely more pressure on the Steelers, now they've got good field position and all the time in the world

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-19-10, 06:02 PM
Agreed, if LT gets the 1st down there, immensely more pressure on the Steelers, now they've got good field position and all the time in the world

And a time out.

EDIT: Woohoo Revis!

Mark19
12-19-10, 06:03 PM
And a time out.

EDIT: Woohoo Revis!

If nothing else, the Jets have all of their TOs and could retake the lead with a FG

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-19-10, 06:04 PM
Jesus.

Mark19
12-19-10, 06:04 PM
Big sack, simply cannot let them convert here

Ugh - that was predictable

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-19-10, 06:09 PM
Here comes the heartbreak.

Mark19
12-19-10, 06:10 PM
Figure they'll just scamper in from here

Snatch Catch
12-19-10, 06:10 PM
Win or lose, this is laughable. This defense line needs a talent infusion if they want to compete going forward.

Wouldn't be surprised if Ben scrambled this in.

Snatch Catch
12-19-10, 06:12 PM
Zero pressure. He had all day, and if they do it again, they'll get the winning TD unquestionably.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-19-10, 06:13 PM
...and breathe out!

YanksFan1992
12-19-10, 06:13 PM
Congrats on the win guys. It's nice that one New York team avoided choking the game away. :(

Mark19
12-19-10, 06:15 PM
Whoooo --- Ben could have dashed for it and Spaeth just mistimed it but I'll take the 'W' -- yowza was that Taylor play huge

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-19-10, 06:16 PM
Whoooo --- Ben could have dashed for it and Spaeth just mistimed it but I'll take the 'W' -- yowza was that Taylor play huge

It might have been all moot if they had run on their last 3rd and 2...

AMYanks
12-19-10, 06:18 PM
Considering what happened the last two weeks, it didn't really matter how they played today, they just had to win and stop the slide. They stepped up big time.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-19-10, 06:20 PM
They beat the Steelers on the road. The manner of victory is really unimportant.

kan_t
12-19-10, 06:21 PM
Good game Jets. Hopefully both teams meet again in the playoff.

Soriambi
12-19-10, 06:21 PM
Great win. I thought for sure I could see how that one was shaping up. Way to step up after two very unimpressive weeks. :clap:

TheManKnownAsMecca
12-19-10, 06:23 PM
It was a good win, but the Jets should thank their lucky stars that PI wasn't called on the Jets DB who had a hold of Sanders jersey.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-19-10, 06:24 PM
It was a good win, but the Jets should thank their lucky stars that PI wasn't called on the Jets DB who had a hold of Sanders jersey.

Makes up for the Steelers getting 9-yard first downs. ;)

EDIT: Also, they still would have needed to get into the end zone - who knows if they do.

Jace
12-19-10, 06:29 PM

That type of non-call probably happens like 11 times per game, its just what the refs notice. Everybody is lucky and unlucky all over the place

Soriambi
12-19-10, 06:32 PM

Yeah, that play was pretty bizarre. Oh well. :lol:

Melan-cynic
12-19-10, 06:32 PM
Nice selective memory trolly, considering you forgot about this:

Which led to a TD instead of a punt or maybe a long FG.

Jax Teller
12-19-10, 06:35 PM
Win or lose, Jets hater still need to try to find just one thing to bitch about in here. It's cute.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-19-10, 06:38 PM
Yeah, that play was pretty bizarre. Oh well. :lol:

Your avatar/CUT. :roflmao:

Soriambi
12-19-10, 06:41 PM
Your avatar/CUT. :roflmao:

It's based on a true story.

kan_t
12-19-10, 06:41 PM
All teams have bad calls. The Steelers had their chances and didn't make it (I missed Miller badly in that situation). As a Steelers fan I'm way more angry with the special team performance than that call.

TheManKnownAsMecca
12-19-10, 06:45 PM
Nice selective memory trolly, considering you forgot about this:

Which led to a TD instead of a punt or maybe a long FG.

Maybe you weren't hugged enough as a kid, but you are such a sensitive poster. http://www.highlightskids.com/podcasts/az/Images_alt/superSensitiveFriend_tm.gif Calm down tough guy. I said it was a good win, but I pointed out that Sanders was grabbed for what was pass interference. The nine yard first down was bizarre though, you are correct there.

To the poster who said it was no guarantee that Pittsburgh would score, I agree. That said the Steelers would have had a lot more time to work with and could have run the ball or passed.

dabomb2045
12-19-10, 08:12 PM
So who else agrees with me that the #6 seed is better for the Jets? I'd MUCH rather play KC or San Diego in Round 1, then have to play in Indy.

Melan-cynic
12-19-10, 09:24 PM
Maybe you weren't hugged enough as a kid, but you are such a sensitive poster. http://www.highlightskids.com/podcasts/az/Images_alt/superSensitiveFriend_tm.gif Calm down tough guy. I said it was a good win, but I pointed out that Sanders was grabbed for what was pass interference. The nine yard first down was bizarre though, you are correct there.
lol. I wasn't hugged enough as a kid because I called a spade a spade? You came in here & said the Jets were lucky to get a away with a PI & lucky to win. You neglected to mention the absolutely ................ing ridiculous officiating which gave the Steelers a 1st down - and by extension a TD in place of a likely punt on 4th & 17 - by giving PITT an obvious 9 yard rush the first.

Your post screams of trolling, particularly given your Bills fandom and post history. Sorry if you're too sensitive to take that, but it is what it is.

TheManKnownAsMecca
12-19-10, 10:03 PM
lol. I wasn't hugged enough as a kid because I called a spade a spade? You came in here & said the Jets were lucky to get a away with a PI & lucky to win. You neglected to mention the absolutely ................ing ridiculous officiating which gave the Steelers a 1st down - and by extension a TD in place of a likely punt on 4th & 17 - by giving PITT an obvious 9 yard rush the first.

Your post screams of trolling, particularly given your Bills fandom and post history. Sorry if you're too sensitive to take that, but it is what it is.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. dabomb is one poster who I know would stick up for me and I'm sure there are others that would say that I was in no way trolling. Anytime anyone says anything negative (no matter how big or small) you pull out the troll card. I didn't know I had to bring up every sketchy call in the game, but Pittsburgh's WR was grabbed and basically couldn't finish his route. That is called PI 9 times out of 10. That's all I was saying. You keep forgetting that I said it was a good win for the Jets. Get a life and stop calling out everyone on the board for being trolls if we have anything negative to say about the Jets. In no way was I trying to rile anyone up (which is what a troll does).

EDIT: Also, if I were trolling wouldn't it have made more sense for me to come onto the Jets message board after the Pats and Dolphins games and not after a win?

Melan-cynic
12-19-10, 10:24 PM
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. dabomb is one poster who I know would stick up for me and I'm sure there are others that would say that I was in no way trolling. Anytime anyone says anything negative (no matter how big or small) you pull out the troll card. I didn't know I had to bring up every sketchy call in the game, but Pittsburgh's WR was grabbed and basically couldn't finish his route. That is called PI 9 times out of 10. That's all I was saying. You keep forgetting that I said it was a good win for the Jets. Get a life and stop calling out everyone on the board for being trolls if we have anything negative to say about the Jets. In no way was I trying to rile anyone up (which is what a troll does).

EDIT: Also, if I were trolling wouldn't it have made more sense for me to come onto the Jets message board after the Pats and Dolphins games and not after a win?

I'm the sensitive one? :lol:

Yes, believe it or not, coming in after a Jets win and complaining about a PI that wasn't called reeks of trolling, particularly when the worst call of the game gave PITT 4-7 points.

Soriambi
12-19-10, 10:31 PM
Guys, come on.

Melan-cynic
12-19-10, 10:42 PM
Guys, come on.
No problem. I'm leaving it there.

Just for the record though, there are plenty of negative things said about the Jets in this thread which I do not take offense to or label as trolling. Especially since many of those criticisms came from yours truly, but that would probably work against the whole "super sensitive" angle being played here.

TheManKnownAsMecca
12-19-10, 10:51 PM
I'm the sensitive one? :lol:

Yes, believe it or not, coming in after a Jets win and complaining about a PI that wasn't called reeks of trolling, particularly when the worst call of the game gave PITT 4-7 points.

That you are. I'll also leave it be, but Melan you are known to attack/accuse any non-Jets fan of being a troll if they say anything negative about the Jets. I've received PMs from others saying to just ignore you in this thread, but hopefully by bringing it to your attention you'll stop accusing people of trolling all the time.

Melan-cynic
12-19-10, 10:53 PM
That you are. I'll also leave it be, but Melan you are known to attack/accuse any non-Jets fan of being a troll if they say anything negative about the Jets. I've received PMs from others saying to just ignore you in this thread, but hopefully by bringing it to your attention you'll stop accusing people of trolling all the time.
Oh, what a conspiracy. Which leave's me wondering why you didn't respond to Trev's post (http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.php/122007-The-2010-New-York-Jets-Thread?p=7102515&viewfull=1#post7102515) with the same fervor as mine considering he too recognized your post as trolling.

Oh yeah, because you're not sensitive and don't have an agenda. Right.

dabomb2045
12-19-10, 10:59 PM
In defense of Mecca....he's good people. I see enough trolls on this site and IMO he isnt one of them....he's a good poster who I've had good discussions w in the past about different topics....he is very fair about things. I guess everyone sees it their own way though.

Melan-cynic
12-19-10, 11:01 PM
You're right. I've got to get a life and stop posting in my division rival's thread to complain about PI calls minutes after they win a tight game. Oh wait...

Mark19
12-19-10, 11:42 PM
Throwing on third and short could have lost the game for them on two separate occasions, sometimes they are their own worst enemies

Melan-cynic
12-19-10, 11:44 PM
Throwing on third and short could have lost the game for them on two separate occasions, sometimes they are their own worst enemies
True. Similarly, not calling their second timeout at the close of the first half was just asinine.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-19-10, 11:46 PM
True. Similarly, not calling their second timeout at the close of the first half was just asinine.

That really confused/annoyed me.

Melan-cynic
12-19-10, 11:48 PM
That really confused/annoyed me.
Pop Warner coaches have a better handle of the game than that.

Soriambi
12-19-10, 11:59 PM
Pop Warner coaches have a better handle of the game than that.

It's not just Rex, though. It seems like absolutely horrible clock management is an epidemic amongst NFL coaches. All of these guys are extremely detailed oriented and plan far ahead and for many contingencies, but it's like many of them don't have a clue when it comes to the clock.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-20-10, 12:02 AM
It's not just Rex, though. It seems like absolutely horrible clock management is an epidemic amongst NFL coaches. All of these guys are extremely detailed oriented and plan far ahead and for many contingencies, but it's like many of them don't have a clue when it comes to the clock.

It's odd that the average fan at home can see how horrid the clock management is, though. It's just...bamboozling.

Melan-cynic
12-20-10, 12:05 AM
No doubt. John T. Reed's incredibly detailed, statistic-driven book about this issue is quite enlightening. Its conclusions in particular high leverage situations are very interesting.

Kluivert4Ever
12-20-10, 12:24 AM
Can we borrow your cojones because we need to do exactly what you guys did tonight, next week.
I hate you but good job tonight.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-20-10, 12:30 AM
Can we borrow your cojones because we need to do exactly what you guys did tonight, next week.
I hate you but good job tonight.

Sorry, Jets are going to need them in Chicago.

Jax Teller
12-20-10, 01:50 AM
Lol @ "I hate you."

Anyway I still heart Brad Smith

Jax Teller
12-20-10, 02:00 AM
For the record I didn't say mecca was trolling...just saying that its funny Jets haters seem to love offering their two cents about why the Jets got lucky on -insert play here-. It's never "good game" and leaving it at that, there's always got to be a reason why they didn't deserve a td, a non-call, or even a win. I wouldn't say "trolling" but I wouldn't call it a truthful congratulatory post either.

Axon
12-20-10, 09:50 AM
For the record I didn't say mecca was trolling...just saying that its funny Jets haters seem to love offering their two cents about why the Jets got lucky on -insert play here-. It's never "good game" and leaving it at that, there's always got to be a reason why they didn't deserve a td, a non-call, or even a win. I wouldn't say "trolling" but I wouldn't call it a truthful congratulatory post either.

Isn't it fun being hated? Your team gets credit for nothing, but people sure will jump on when they screw up. The bottom line is every team gets calls, and every fan base will circle the wagons when a close call goes their way.

Anyway, the Jets got a big win against a very tough opponent at home. Kudos to them - they played well in what I thought would be a brutal game. Loved Rex's sarcasm in the press conference afterwards. Anyone that calls the media out gets points in my book. Extra extra points for the phrase "pure pundit talk."

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
12-20-10, 11:21 AM
Not much time...busy at work, all I have to say right now is what a GREAT win that was. So what they didn't have Polamalu, the Jets have been missing Jenkins all year and now Leonhard. I'm pretty sure we won't be talking Sal Alosi this week. Nearly a perfect football weekend, huge JETS win, fish lose, Giants get absolutely humiliated at home by their hated rivals, ahh if only the Packers could have held on.

Edit: I love how Rex threw that jab at the media in the presser, you could tell it clearly irked Fatcessa lol that's always a good thing

Melan-cynic
12-20-10, 11:43 AM
<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="gtk0gv6f" width="600" height="438"><param name="movie" value="http://img.widgets.video.s-msn.com/flash/customplayer/1_0/customplayer.swf" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" /><param name="base" value="." /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="flashvars" value="player.c=v&player.v=3875aa2e-5503-4e09-b64f-00d24b45c6ec&mkt=en-us&configCsid=msnvideo&configName=syndicationplayer&from=foxsports_en-us_videocentral&brand=foxsports&fg=" /><embed src="http://img.widgets.video.s-msn.com/flash/customplayer/1_0/customplayer.swf" width="600" height="438" id="ng2mn8rg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" base="." wmode="transparent" flashvars="player.c=v&player.v=3875aa2e-5503-4e09-b64f-00d24b45c6ec&mkt=en-us&configCsid=msnvideo&configName=syndicationplayer&from=foxsports_en-us_videocentral&brand=foxsports&fg="></embed></object><noembed><a href="http://msn.foxsports.com/video?vid=3875aa2e-5503-4e09-b64f-00d24b45c6ec" target="_new" title="">Glazer's Edge: Another trip</a></noembed>

just-blaze
12-20-10, 12:58 PM
Man....one can dream if we only had Jenkins.

Sigh.

just-blaze
12-20-10, 01:06 PM
On a sidenote......Taylor made his signing worthwhile in this one game.

That being said.....FIND A DAMN PASSRUSHER TANNENBAUM!!!!!!!!

Melan-cynic
12-20-10, 01:11 PM
Man....one can dream if we only had Jenkins.

Sigh.
Feel bad for the guy because he's probably done but we saw what he was capable of over a full season in 2008. He was totally dominant the first 10 games.

just-blaze
12-20-10, 01:15 PM
I have his complete pwnage of the Texan C from last year burned into my memory. He slung that humongous man like he was a little child.

Really hope he gives it one more shot, but completely understand if he calls it a career.

Melan-cynic
12-20-10, 01:16 PM
I have his complete pwnage of the Texan C from last year burned into my memory. He slung that humongous man like he was a little child.
Probably my favorite GIF of all time: http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii219/losloseeboy/jetex.gif

Second your hope that he gives it one more shot and like you, would hold no grudge if he hangs em up.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
12-20-10, 03:20 PM
Win or lose, this is laughable. This defense line needs a talent infusion if they want to compete going forward.

Wouldn't be surprised if Ben scrambled this in.

I'm pretty sure this was the first time they've allowed a hb to gain more than 100 yards in a long time. I realize this was a mid-game post but the Jets D-line is far from laughable. Not great, but they've been solid most of the year. For the most part, they do their job pretty well.

On another note, not sure if anyone mentioned it, but that was a very smart play that Lowery made pulling Sanders' jersey on the non-PI call on the final drive. Lowery got burned, and if he didn't make that move that was going to be a touchdown. Whether or not he got called for it or not, it was a play that kept the Jets alive.

AMYanks
12-20-10, 06:06 PM
I'm pretty sure this was the first time they've allowed a hb to gain more than 100 yards in a long time. I realize this was a mid-game post but the Jets D-line is far from laughable. Not great, but they've been solid most of the year. For the most part, they do their job pretty well.

They (like our LBs) are good run blockers, but absolutely pathetic pass-rushers. That will certainly be the #1 priority this off-season.

Snatch Catch
12-20-10, 06:52 PM

It was actually a post made as the Steelers were in the red zone on the final drive, so I wasn't speaking at all to their run stopping abilities, just their ability to pressure the QB. I definitely agree that they're a good run-stopping team, I just see an enormous lack of pass-rushing talent and a need for significant upgrades.

TheManKnownAsMecca
12-20-10, 07:16 PM

I understand this, but if someone posted "The Bills had a nice win yesterday, but Carpenter cost the Dolphins the game" I would agree with it. They weren't easy kicks but Carpenter is a good kicker. I did point out a non-call but it has been brought up a lot today (Wilbon said something similar to what I posted here yesterday). I just think that fans of other teams can post in other teams threads and have intelligent conversations. Nothing more, nothing less.

Jax Teller
12-20-10, 07:19 PM
They can....just pick your timing & wording better at the time you're going to post something like that. It's also a good idea to acknowledge the sh*tty calls that went the Steelers way as well, not just the one non-pass interference call on the Jets.

It doesn't put what you're saying in a positive or even a neutral light.

Snatch Catch
12-20-10, 08:09 PM
There's a difference between plays that directly affected the score (missing a FG) and those that could have affected the score (pass interference).

Using the word "but" is the main problem with posting something like that. It insinuates that the Jets should have lost because of that one play, which in the case of a non-game-ending and/or non-scoring play, is simply not true.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
12-21-10, 12:09 PM
It was actually a post made as the Steelers were in the red zone on the final drive, so I wasn't speaking at all to their run stopping abilities, just their ability to pressure the QB. I definitely agree that they're a good run-stopping team, I just see an enormous lack of pass-rushing talent and a need for significant upgrades.

Most of the linemen who rack up the sacks play in the 4-3. Tuck, Peppers, Mario Williams, etc. Effective 3-4 pass rushers tend to be the hybrid type of linebacker, like Demarcus Ware (shame ghoslton never worked out) and that Pace has been less effective this year. It's important to remember that the Jets aren't terrible in the pass rush, just average. I think getting bigger and deeper on the d-line would help the pass rush greatly, this is where Jenkins being out again is a bummer for this year's team. Imagine if we had Pouha, Jenkins, and Pryce rotating in and out...guarantee we'd have at least 10 more sacks, with safety and corner blitzes being much more effective as well.

just-blaze
12-21-10, 01:45 PM
I'd MUCH rather play KC or Indy in Round 1, then have to play in SD.

Fixed.

AMYanks
12-21-10, 06:03 PM
Oh. My. God.

http://deadspin.com/5715741/this-may-or-may-not-be-rex-ryans-wife-making-foot+fetish-videos

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-21-10, 08:02 PM
Now THAT'S funny. :lol:

dabomb2045
12-21-10, 08:28 PM
Fixed.

I do not fear the Chargers at all. They always no show in the playoffs. I very much fear the Colts especially in their stadium.

Snatch Catch
12-21-10, 08:38 PM
Sexy Rexy for REAL.

Soriambi
12-21-10, 09:10 PM
Oh. My. God.

http://deadspin.com/5715741/this-may-or-may-not-be-rex-ryans-wife-making-foot+fetish-videos

I'm going to go with "is." If I were on a jury, I think there's more than enough circumstantial evidence there to say it's them with near certainty.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-21-10, 09:14 PM
I think that's awesome.

Soriambi
12-21-10, 09:34 PM
I think that's awesome.

Yeah, I really don't care one way or the other what he's doing in his sex life. I'd rather this not be a long drawn out story, though, because I'd really rather not constantly have that idea in my head. :lol:

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-21-10, 10:22 PM
Yeah, I really don't care one way or the other what he's doing in his sex life. I'd rather this not be a long drawn out story, though, because I'd really rather not constantly have that idea in my head. :lol:

So, you won't be changing your CUT to "FEEEEEEEEET" any time soon?

EDIT: Also, a much worse outcome would be the voice belonging to Rob Ryan. :lol:

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-21-10, 10:46 PM
But seriously...I wouldn't be surprised if Der Komissioner tried to make an issue of this.

Soriambi
12-21-10, 11:05 PM
So, you won't be changing your CUT to "FEEEEEEEEET" any time soon?

EDIT: Also, a much worse outcome would be the voice belonging to Rob Ryan. :lol:

I thought about changing it to "FOOOOOOTIEEEEEEEEE," but decided against it. :lol:

Soriambi
12-21-10, 11:09 PM
But seriously...I wouldn't be surprised if Der Komissioner tried to make an issue of this.

Maybe, but I don't really see what his argument would be. Rex isn't doing anything illegal. I don't think it makes the league look bad in any way. Rex Ryan and his wife just seem to be into some weird stuff. Who cares?

(Not that he needs an argument, of course. He can pretty much do what he wants.)

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-21-10, 11:10 PM
Maybe, but I don't really see what his argument would be. Rex isn't doing anything illegal. I don't think it makes the league look bad in any way. Rex Ryan and his wife just seem to be into some weird stuff. Who cares?

I absolutely agree, but Goodell isn't exactly the most liberal type.

Soriambi
12-21-10, 11:12 PM
I absolutely agree, but Goodell isn't exactly the most liberal type.

Eh, whatever. What's he going to do to him? Fine him? Oooh. :lol:

just-blaze
12-22-10, 09:20 AM
I do not fear the Chargers at all. They always no show in the playoffs. I very much fear the Colts especially in their stadium.

Number 1 defense and number 1 offense.
Having to fly cross country for a consecutive year.
Our blitzes and run game arent as effective as they were last year which helped in beating the Chargers.
They have a good track record in WC games.
If you fear the Colts because of Peyton you should equally fear the Chargers with Phillip.
Sanchez had his best game against the Colts last year.

Enough for me.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
12-22-10, 12:23 PM
I fear no team, this Jets team can play anywhere against anyone. That said, I'd rather play the Chargers again. Norv Turner sucks.

On another note, of all the awards I hoped Rex would win during his time as Jets coach, foot fetish community Man of the Year is not what I had in mind. This stuff is f'n hilarious...I'm actually more eager to hear how the reporters ask the questions than how Rex answers them

Mr Coffee
12-22-10, 12:49 PM
A comment on another site re the foot thing:

"One of their profiles said they were into domination, humiliation, and fisting. Rex got all 3 from the Patriots a few weeks back. He must have been thrilled."

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
12-22-10, 02:00 PM
Wow, Rex was totally uncomfortable with this thing. I kinda thought he was going to take it on full steam, but there was this long awkward pause before he said that it was a personal matter. I'm starting to think his wife may have posted these videos without his knowledge. In which case he must be steeeeeaming internally

CoyoteYankee
12-22-10, 02:13 PM
I find this whole "scandal" very amusing.

Rex could suck toes all night long for all I care as long as the Jets win.

Soriambi
12-22-10, 02:31 PM
The media was pretty restrained at his press conference, actually. They peppered him with questions about it for about 3-4 minutes and then moved on to football and didn't look back. I hope the story goes away soon, because I feel bad for Rex since he seems embarrassed by the whole thing, and he's right that what goes on between him and his wife (and other consenting adults) should be a personal matter.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
12-22-10, 03:19 PM
The media was pretty restrained at his press conference, actually. They peppered him with questions about it for about 3-4 minutes and then moved on to football and didn't look back. I hope the story goes away soon, because I feel bad for Rex since he seems embarrassed by the whole thing, and he's right that what goes on between him and his wife (and other consenting adults) should be a personal matter.

Win and it will devolve into trash talk banter for fans, and nothing more. Lose, and the media will add it to the list of distractions.

goin for 27
12-22-10, 08:28 PM
It is a distraction, what a joke.

I don't care what you do in your private life, but if you are a public figure, KEEP IT PRIVATE.

I think that this team is cooked.

Melan-cynic
12-22-10, 09:08 PM

I don't care what you do in your private life, but if you are a public figure, KEEP IT PRIVATE.

:roflmao: Right.

TheManKnownAsMecca
12-22-10, 10:08 PM
:roflmao: Right.

For possibly the first time we had the same reaction. This won't distract the Jets. That said, let him cherish his wife's feet, he hasn't seen his own in years.

TheoShmeo
12-23-10, 06:46 AM
My take is that this COULD be a distraction. Rex seemed pretty down about it yesterday. And it's not exactly the kind of thing that will easily cause the team to rally around him as it has nothing to do with the Jets in any way.

But Rex is a great motivator and seems to have the respect and admiration of the players. As a result, and given the fact that this broke mid-week, the most likely outcome is that this will not have any impact on the next game or the rest of the season, and it's something that will give opposing fans an easy way to taunt him but otherwise fade away.

I think that it was unwise to allow his wife to put that stuff on the internet when he was an assistant coach in the NFL and was therefore a quasi-public figure (especially if his goal was to become a head coach) but, in the end, who cares? What Rex and his wife are into is, as he said, a private matter and has no bearing on his ability to coach the Jets.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
12-23-10, 11:16 AM

Yes, it's so horrible, this team is about to make the playoffs in consecutive seasons for the first time in over 20 years and we're cooked because of the coach's foot fetish. I love the Jets but we have some of the sorriest, sad sack fans in football

SalingerNY
12-23-10, 12:19 PM
This whole fetish thing really has nothing to do with the team or the NFL, and you'd like to think ESPN wouldn't even bother reporting on it. Turns out, not so much really.

I've had no desire to search around on the internet to see Rex's wife's feet, and really didn't need to see them on television.

bnorris85
12-24-10, 02:06 AM
http://boston.3432.voxcdn.com/files/2010/12/rex-480x423.jpg

:lol:

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-24-10, 02:45 AM
:boring:

Also, that's looks like it's based off the Jets logo circa 1997.

goin for 27
12-25-10, 08:57 AM
Yes, it's so horrible, this team is about to make the playoffs in consecutive seasons for the first time in over 20 years and we're cooked because of the coach's foot fetish. I love the Jets but we have some of the sorriest, sad sack fans in football

Just as a disclaimer...I am not a Jets fan, just offering my opinion of the team, they have clearly lost a ton of momentum.

Jace
12-25-10, 02:07 PM
Just as a disclaimer...I am not a Jets fan, just offering my opinion of the team, they have clearly lost a ton of momentum.

Your most recently stated opinion concerning their football momentum seems to mainly relate to the head coach's sexual preferences, so, you can imagine how incredibly meaningful your football analysis seems

Melan-cynic
12-25-10, 05:45 PM
Your most recently stated opinion concerning their football momentum seems to mainly relate to the head coach's sexual preferences, so, you can imagine how incredibly meaningful your football analysis seems
Ftmfw.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-25-10, 09:58 PM
Tonight's Cowboys/Cardinals game makes me long for the Jay Feely era.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-26-10, 12:34 PM
Sanchez looks sharp.

Yankeesfan924
12-26-10, 12:45 PM
Me gusta pick sixes.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-26-10, 12:47 PM
I feel like that's the first pick six in forever.

just-blaze
12-26-10, 01:19 PM
Tonight's Cowboys/Cardinals game makes me long for the Jay Feely era.

Truth.

Jax Teller
12-26-10, 01:35 PM
I hate these short kickoffs to keep it from Hester. They're basically giving the Bears the ball from their own 40 everytime. It's gonna burn them.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-26-10, 01:46 PM
Great fake guys.

Jax Teller
12-26-10, 01:48 PM
That was retarded

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-26-10, 01:48 PM
Well that didn't take long to backfire.

just-blaze
12-26-10, 01:49 PM
That's how you start the second half.

just-blaze
12-26-10, 01:50 PM
Is there anytime recently that these silly gimmick plays have actually worked for us?

Jace
12-26-10, 01:51 PM
The fake was pretty dumb, but Smith dropped that pass. Keller and smith pretty big drops recently, accounting for 11 total points

Melan-cynic
12-26-10, 01:56 PM
1. Someone should be stoned for going for it on 4th and 4 @ their own 40.
2. That was no automatic catch in the endzone for Keller.

kan_t
12-26-10, 01:56 PM
I hate these short kickoffs to keep it from Hester. They're basically giving the Bears the ball from their own 40 everytime. It's gonna burn them.
Hester is that good.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-26-10, 01:57 PM
Urge to kill rising.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-26-10, 01:59 PM
Grumble.

Melan-cynic
12-26-10, 02:00 PM
Going for it on 4th just handed Chicago the momentum. Merry Christmas.

Jace
12-26-10, 02:01 PM
1. Someone should be stoned for going for it on 4th and 4 @ their own 40.
2. That was no automatic catch in the endzone for Keller.

Of course it wasn't automatic, it was fairly tough, but he probably should have come down with it, that kind of catch is usually required to win games against good Ds

The defense thing is like totally not that fun to do

just-blaze
12-26-10, 02:02 PM
Good effing call Rex. Thinking about toes or something? Horrible. Go Washington.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-26-10, 02:05 PM
Nice.

I didn't expect 31-31 in the 3rd quarter.

Jace
12-26-10, 02:05 PM
Good effing call Rex. Thinking about toes or something? Horrible. Go Washington.

That must be it, he was thinking about feet. Those degenerates, they can't do anything else

YanksFan1992
12-26-10, 02:06 PM
Heck of a game so far.

I can't believe this game isn't even halfway through the third quarter. :lol:

just-blaze
12-26-10, 02:07 PM
That must be it, he was thinking about feet. Those degenerates, they can't do anything else

I love Rex. But that was a retarded call. And Im going to drop that joke until it gets old which will be about in a couple of weeks.

just-blaze
12-26-10, 02:09 PM
Jesus.....I think I prefer the short kicks.

CoyoteYankee
12-26-10, 02:11 PM
For pete's sake...STOP kicking it anywhere near Hester.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-26-10, 02:12 PM
Defense can't stop a dead guy right now.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-26-10, 02:12 PM
Jesus.

Jace
12-26-10, 02:13 PM
They can't win this game if they never get near cutler, they may as well start going with all-out blitzes as these 4 man rushes cant possibly do any worse. At least all-out blitzes will occasionally result in an incompletion

CoyoteYankee
12-26-10, 02:13 PM
Throwing at will.

just-blaze
12-26-10, 02:14 PM
Justin Knox is unstoppable?

Melan-cynic
12-26-10, 02:17 PM
Of course it wasn't automatic, it was fairly tough, but he probably should have come down with it, that kind of catch is usually required to win games against good Ds
OK, but it seemed like it since you put it in the same sentence as Smith's drop which was much more egregious.

Agreed. Catching balls in the endzone = good.

The defense thing is like totally not that fun to do
Neither D looks very good today...

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-26-10, 02:21 PM
Dustin Keller looking to break his neck there. :uhh:

Jace
12-26-10, 02:25 PM
I like the running calls in this drive a lot, both creative and slowing the pace down so the defense can rest and think about their sins. important 3rd down here, obviously

just-blaze
12-26-10, 02:27 PM
Agreed. If we don't get a TD its still a great drive to let our defense rest and adjust.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-26-10, 02:27 PM
Defense, please. PLEASE.

dabomb2045
12-26-10, 02:33 PM
This is an unacceptable performance from the defense....to say the least.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-26-10, 02:34 PM
Well I just broke a remote after that run.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-26-10, 02:37 PM
Huge break there.

CoyoteYankee
12-26-10, 02:38 PM
Yes! I was happy that the Jets were keeping them to a field goal. Need to capitalize on this.

Jace
12-26-10, 02:49 PM
whyyyyy dont teams play for 4 ................ing downs at the 40. on 2nd and 6, RUN the ball or a quick slant or screen, pick up 3, and then you have 2 downs to make 3rd and 3! i hate the pass on 2nd and 6 there, and every team does it

just-blaze
12-26-10, 02:49 PM
What? No fake?

just-blaze
12-26-10, 02:55 PM
Sorry Cotchery can we switch him out with Wilson or McKnight please?

Jace
12-26-10, 02:56 PM
great catch cotchery, and great job on the runback

Melan-cynic
12-26-10, 02:57 PM
whyyyyy dont teams play for 4 ................ing downs at the 40. on 2nd and 6, RUN the ball or a quick slant or screen, pick up 3, and then you have 2 downs to make 3rd and 3! i hate the pass on 2nd and 6 there, and every team does it
Exactly what I said to my bro sitting next to me. Mystifying.

just-blaze
12-26-10, 03:02 PM
Our defense has been thoroughly disappointing today.

just-blaze
12-26-10, 03:05 PM
393 yards today, so far fellas........lets do this.

Jace
12-26-10, 03:08 PM
thats why teams dont win with 1:10 left down 4, you have to take tons of chances. bad defense mostly throughout, and dumb offense at the very end

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-26-10, 03:08 PM
God damn it all.

Jax Teller
12-26-10, 03:09 PM
F*cking losers.

Melan-cynic
12-26-10, 03:10 PM
Defensive line is a joke. Been screaming about the lack of an edge passrusher for years and will continue to do so.

I'd love to rehash that argument I had with a poster who said Rex Ryan's system didn't need Darrelle Revis. Can you imagine what kind of numbers Cutler would've put up today if Revis wasn't locking down one side of the field?

In conclusion, it's obvious Michelle Ryan's toes are to blame.

Yankeesfan924
12-26-10, 03:12 PM
Love how when our offense manages to put up 34 points, the defense can't do s&%!

just-blaze
12-26-10, 03:14 PM
Love how when our offense manages to put up 34 points, the defense can't do s&%!

And when our defense shuts the other team down......our offense puts a 6 spot on the board.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-26-10, 03:19 PM
The Jaguars or Colts better freaking lose today. No way I want to go into next week without clinching.

just-blaze
12-26-10, 03:21 PM
Well a big thank you to Washington. We are the sixth seed in the playoffs.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-26-10, 03:22 PM
Thank you 'Skins.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-26-10, 03:26 PM
Well a big thank you to Washington. We are the sixth seed in the playoffs.

So there's no incentive to win or lose next week, right?

Soriambi
12-26-10, 03:28 PM
So there's no incentive to win or lose next week, right?

I'm not positive whether it could still change the 5/6 seeds, but we've clinched a spot either way, which is very nice because now we can rest some players (and maybe even give Sanchez the week off entirely with the shoulder.) I don't even know whether I'd rather be 5th or 6th seed, actually, so next week really doesn't matter to me at this point.

just-blaze
12-26-10, 03:36 PM
We win and Baltimore loses we are both 11-5 and they have the head to head matchup so no.

Quite frankly I would prefer to have the sixth seed b/c we would get KC in the first round.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-26-10, 03:39 PM
We win and Baltimore loses we are both 11-5 and they have the head to head matchup so no.

Quite frankly I would prefer to have the sixth seed b/c we would get KC in the first round.

Good point.

kan_t
12-26-10, 03:48 PM

If the Chargers win the remaining two games and KC lose the final game, the Jets will fly to the west coast to face the Chargers.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-26-10, 03:49 PM
If the Chargers win the remaining two games and KC lose the final game, the Jets will fly to the west coast to face the Chargers.

Neither the Chiefs nor the Norvs scare me, though I'd prefer to play KC.

just-blaze
12-26-10, 03:50 PM

This I know. Currently they have the 3 and the Chiefs have to lose to the Raiders at home...and as my best friend the Charger friend has noted to me....they play bad in the cold which is why they are struggling with Cincy.

kan_t
12-26-10, 03:57 PM
Neither the Chiefs nor the Norvs scare me, though I'd prefer to play KC.
The Chargers can be really good or really bad. But hard to argue when other choice is the Colts.

Mark19
12-26-10, 04:19 PM
Do they just play defense for the sake of tradition? Geez, a discouraging game but they accomplished their first mission which is to get into the playoffs.

dabomb2045
12-26-10, 04:41 PM
They'll have a good chance at beating KC. The real upsetting part? Is that the season will likely end with them getting spanked up in Foxboro in the divisional round. Yay.

dabomb2045
12-26-10, 04:43 PM
Defensive line is a joke. Been screaming about the lack of an edge passrusher for years and will continue to do so.

I'd love to rehash that argument I had with a poster who said Rex Ryan's system didn't need Darrelle Revis. Can you imagine what kind of numbers Cutler would've put up today if Revis wasn't locking down one side of the field?

In conclusion, it's obvious Michelle Ryan's toes are to blame.

I dont remember who....but there was a poster in here who once argued Rex Ryan's system doesnt need true pass rushers. Yeahhhhhh....about that one.....

MassNYYfan
12-26-10, 05:52 PM
Thank you 'Skins.

Thank the Jags. How the ................ could they not beat a team that played like 5 guys who were on the practice squad last week? Who started their #5 CB at the SS spot and a guy who wasn't in the NFL 3 weeks ago at the FS spot? The $100M DT is suspended for 4 games, and his backup leaves injured so some fat boy who was signed to the PS 3 weeks ago and promoted this week gets his first NFL experience.

I know they were without Jones-Drew but that looked nothing like an 8 win team.

But hey if you guys wanna burst out in the chorus to Hail to the Redskins, I'll allow it. :)

kan_t
12-26-10, 05:53 PM
Congrats to the Jets. They will face the Chiefs in the first round. No reason not to advance.

Soriambi
12-26-10, 05:59 PM
Everyone seems to be assuming that our 1st round opponent will be the Chiefs. Tell me what I'm missing:

Assuming the following:

-KC wins the division today, which is happening.
-Indy holds on to beat Oakland, which looks fairly likely.

In that scenario, if Indy won next week vs. Tennessee and KC lost next week vs. Oakland, they'd have the same record at 10-6 and Indy beat KC earlier this season. Wouldn't Indy get the 3 seed and be our opponent?

dabomb2045
12-26-10, 06:11 PM
Everyone seems to be assuming that our 1st round opponent will be the Chiefs. Tell me what I'm missing:

Assuming the following:

In that scenario, if Indy won next week vs. Tennessee and KC lost next week vs. Oakland, they'd have the same record at 10-6 and Indy beat KC earlier this season. Wouldn't Indy get the 3 seed and be our opponent?

I guess that would be accurate. I expect KC to beat Oakland. Frankily, they need that to happen as they will not beat the Colts in the dome in the 1st round.

kan_t
12-26-10, 06:12 PM

Assuming the following:

KC is still unbeaten at home this year (Thanks to the weak schedule). I would think that they can handle the Raiders.

Soriambi
12-26-10, 06:17 PM
I definitely think KC is the favorite against Oakland, too, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if Oakland beat them, especially when KC doesn't have too much to play for since they're going to get in with a home game either way.

TheManKnownAsMecca
12-26-10, 08:14 PM
If Sanchez is feeling sore going into Sunday I'd sit him personally. That said, he looked really good today so I don't think his injury is too bad. If Rex wants to play him the entire game, I wouldn't blame him either. The Bills cannot get any kind of pass rush so he'll be able to sit back there comfortably next week.

The Jets can beat KC or Indy in my opinion. KC would be the lesser of two evils though.

Melan-cynic
12-26-10, 08:53 PM
If Sanchez is feeling sore going into Sunday I'd sit him personally. That said, he looked really good today so I don't think his injury is too bad. If Rex wants to play him the entire game, I wouldn't blame him either. The Bills cannot get any kind of pass rush so he'll be able to sit back there comfortably next week.

The Jets can beat KC or Indy in my opinion. KC would be the lesser of two evils though.
Totally agree all the way around, regardless of how much you think that's impossible.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-26-10, 08:56 PM

Are you a fan that roots for your team to win always, or do you want the Bills to lose to get a better pick?

TheManKnownAsMecca
12-26-10, 09:04 PM
Are you a fan that roots for your team to win always, or do you want the Bills to lose to get a better pick?

Usually I'm all about always winning, but next week is different. Generally the Bills can pick between 7-10 so I don't care, but if the Bills lose next week and the Lions and Bengals win, the Bills will pick second overall in the draft. Heck, if the Bengals win and we lose we draft third. I cannot see Carolina passing on Luck if he declares (but I thought Bush to Houston a few years ago was a sure thing), but if they do the Bills could be in a great spot to get him. I don't see the Lions giving up on Stafford yet (when healthy he's a very good QB) so I don't care if they draft second. The Bengals however need a QB. Palmer has one or two years left in the tank IMO.

If the Bills win against the Jets' backups we could end up picking as late as 8th or 9th depending on the outcome of other games.

dabomb2045
12-26-10, 10:30 PM
JMO...but I dont see this team winning in Indy. I think Manning would torch this defense and make them pay for the lack of pass rush...much like he did in the AFCCG last year.

kan_t
12-27-10, 06:42 AM
JMO...but I dont see this team winning in Indy. I think Manning would torch this defense and make them pay for the lack of pass rush...much like he did in the AFCCG last year.
Agreed, I don't think that they match up well. Besides the pass rush problem, Manning will take them apart if they blitz like crazy. He can identify the open reciever so quick that all out blitz (or 5,6 men blitz) usually means automatic first down. If the Jets face the Colts, they need to adjust.