PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 New York Jets Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

GordonGecko
11-30-10, 09:11 AM
Man, I'm excited/terrified/excited for this upcoming game.

Part of me wants the Patriots to win, because what are the chances the Jets can beat them 3 times in a season to get to the Super Bowl? Regardless, I think the Jets will win. The Patriots have no defense, they rely on Brady to keep the offense on the field and to bludgeon their opponents with lots of scores. Jets will get their points, it's on the D to stop those tight ends and pressure Brady. Nobody is giving the Jets any respect, but they will get it done, Jets 34 - Patriots 17

http://i55.tinypic.com/98vtih.jpg

Melan-cynic
11-30-10, 10:24 AM
Like several posters already said, I wouldn't be surprised either way but in my confidence pool I'll weight 1 point on the Pats.

NYJets37
11-30-10, 11:13 AM
I think Jets/Patriots line opened at only 3, which is pretty damn low, considering they get 3 for Foxboro and theyve outplayed the jets for weeks

Pats have won 3 in a row, Jets 4. They have the same record, Jets won the first matchup somewhat easily. I think 3 is fair, but it's the absolute highest the spread should be.

AMYanks
12-03-10, 01:16 PM
http://twitter.com/TheJetsStream/status/10772557816922112

#Jets (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23Jets) safety Jim Leonhard is OUT with a "severe" shin injury. Big blow for #NYJ (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23NYJ).

Smith and Pool all game at safety? Maybe Brady'll throw for 400 yards.

Snatch Catch
12-03-10, 02:04 PM
Yeah, that's a big time game changer, if for no other reason than he's the leader on defense along with Scott.

Smith is going to get exposed so badly in coverage. Holy smokes.

GordonGecko
12-03-10, 02:17 PM
Rex Ryan on WFAN this morning (link to audio: http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2010/12/03/listen-rex-ryan-at-1045/)

My favorite quote (16:06):

You need to win in this town ... [Other teams] wish they were like us, and you know, quite honestly they're not ... We want to be hated, because that means we're good. And you know I think that's part of the the deal with the Yankees. You either love the Yankees or you hate the Yankees. And, you know, all we need is about 26 more championships and we'll be right there with them (laughing)

AMYanks
12-03-10, 03:49 PM
Leonhard's done for the season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/03/jim-leonhard-will-miss-the-rest-of-the-season/

Mark19
12-03-10, 03:51 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/03/jim-leonhard-will-miss-the-rest-of-the-season/

Ouch, Patrick Turner WTF?

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-03-10, 04:10 PM

Son of a...

dabomb2045
12-03-10, 04:36 PM
Devastating....no other way to put it. Eric Smith sucks...teams will attack our safeties even more now and we have even less of an answer for it.

AMYanks
12-04-10, 10:00 PM
Good read about Eric Smith. When he plays more than 50 snaps, he's markedly better when he plays under 50.

http://www.thejetsblog.com/2010/12/04/bga-special-replacing-jim-leonhard/

Not a HUGE sample size, but hey, it's something. Also, Coles has been re-signed for the Pats game.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/12/former_jets_wr_laveranues_cole.html

When the Jets travel to New England, they'll have a new addition: long-time Jets receiver Laveranues Coles.

Coles will re-sign with the team tomorrow for what is expected to be a short stint, a person with direct knowledge of the transaction confirmed.

It's possible this is a motivational tactic by coach Rex Ryan, who is known for finding ways to get his team up for big games. Earlier this year, for instance, the Saints re-signed running back Deuce McAllister days before their divisional round playoff game against the Cardinals. He was an honorary captain and announced his plans to retire days later.

VanHalen5150
12-05-10, 06:56 PM
Both the Chargers and Colts losing today puts the Jets very close to clinching a playoff spot. If the Jets beat the Pats on Monday, they are all but in. The Jets would have to lose all of their remaining 5 games and some other stuff to happen to not get in. It's a good feeling to be in this position without even playing one December game yet.

Melan-cynic
12-05-10, 07:14 PM
Homefield and a first round bye please. Making the playoffs is no longer the goal.

VanHalen5150
12-05-10, 07:18 PM
Agreed. But it's just a great feeling to be in this position the first weekend of December. This is unusual territory for this franchise.

Melan-cynic
12-05-10, 07:19 PM
Agreed. But it's just a great feeling to be in this position the first weekend of December. This is unusual territory for this franchise.
Very, very true.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-05-10, 07:48 PM
Who do I want to win tonight?

VanHalen5150
12-05-10, 07:51 PM
Who do I want to win tonight?

I am rooting for Pitt because the Jets already lost to the Ravens and have not yet played the Steelers.

Melan-cynic
12-05-10, 07:53 PM
The injury report? Naw, jk, but I feel more confident we can beat the Ravens than the Steelers in a playoff game.

just-blaze
12-05-10, 10:52 PM
The injury report? Naw, jk, but I feel more confident we can beat the Ravens than the Steelers in a playoff game.

Interesting....I feel the opposite like 10 fold. They aren't going to being running as well against us with Adams now questionable, but I like Rice above Mendenhall. I like the Ravens receiving core better than the Steelers (although Wallace is probably the best of the bunch). And I like the Ravens D better than the Steelers. The only thing I like about the Steelers above the Ravens is Ben and Palomalu.

Maybe its just me.

GordonGecko
12-05-10, 11:03 PM
I agree that the Steelers are a tougher team to beat for the Jets than the Ravens. The Bears are a total fraud and the Jets will expose them, Bills is a gimme game and they should be able to take care of business against the dolphins. As for the Patriots, I think with the Leonard injury it's a toss-up, but I still like the Jets over them

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-05-10, 11:31 PM
So, um...why did they sign Laveranues Coles?

dabomb2045
12-06-10, 12:11 AM
So, um...why did they sign Laveranues Coles?

I think it was one of those "we sign him so he can retire as a Jet" type things that some teams do for certain players.

dabomb2045
12-06-10, 12:23 AM
Interesting....I feel the opposite like 10 fold. They aren't going to being running as well against us with Adams now questionable, but I like Rice above Mendenhall. I like the Ravens receiving core better than the Steelers (although Wallace is probably the best of the bunch). And I like the Ravens D better than the Steelers. The only thing I like about the Steelers above the Ravens is Ben and Palomalu.

Maybe its just me.

I'd love to get another shot at the Ravens. That team talked so much damn smack after Week 1, you would have thought they won the game 31-3. Only reason why the Jets lost is cuz of the offensive gameplan, and them not letting Sanchez throw the ball more then 5 yards downfield.

Yankeesfan924
12-06-10, 01:47 PM
Just win, baby.

CoyoteYankee
12-06-10, 02:38 PM
I am so excited for the game tonight. If the Patriots manage to blow out the Jets, I will be soooo disappointed. If it is close but the Jets lose, I'll be disappointed but I'll be satisfied. If the Jets manage to win, I'll be over the moon -- no matter how they win!

Melan-cynic
12-06-10, 03:19 PM
They better leave it all on the field like Pitt/Bal did last night. If they throw up a clunker, a la the Packers/Ravens games, I will be supremely pissed.

So will this guy:
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c1S44mPKk54?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c1S44mPKk54?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

montrealer
12-06-10, 03:38 PM
Go Jets!!!!!!!!!!!

GordonGecko
12-06-10, 04:26 PM
They better leave it all on the field like Pitt/Bal did last night. If they throw up a clunker, a la the Packers/Ravens games, I will be supremely pissed.

So will this guy:
appreciate the initiative/effort but that's a terrible soundtrack & edit job

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-06-10, 05:24 PM
This Thanksgiving-to-Monday thing sucks. Glad they're finally playing tonight.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-06-10, 06:24 PM
Wind chill is 16 at Gilette. Holy crap.

AMYanks
12-06-10, 06:44 PM
I'm hoping for a big game from Pace tonight. He said he was finally 100% before the Cincy game and had his best performance of the season.

Consistent pressure from Pace and efficiency in the red zone. Get those two things, and we win this game.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-06-10, 07:20 PM
Just start this damn game.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-06-10, 07:37 PM
I fully anticipate this game to be three hours of misery and gut wrenching, no matter what the outcome.

AMYanks
12-06-10, 07:50 PM
We're going to give up a lot of yards, Brady's just too hot right now. Just keep holding them to FGs.

Melan-cynic
12-06-10, 08:12 PM
Well at least Leonard's freak injury didn't come back to haunt us in the first friggin' 10 minutes of the game.

Smith can't cover and Folk can't kick. Why we didn't pick up Jeff Reed I'll never know.

AMYanks
12-06-10, 08:13 PM
Good read about Eric Smith. When he plays more than 50 snaps, he's markedly better when he plays under 50.

http://www.thejetsblog.com/2010/12/04/bga-special-replacing-jim-leonhard/

So much for that.

Snatch Catch
12-06-10, 08:13 PM
I'd be much more upset with Smith if it wasn't so predictable.

Melan-cynic
12-06-10, 08:14 PM
I'd be much more upset with Smith if it wasn't so predictable.
No surprise, but that was an absurdly bad penalty even for him.

Melan-cynic
12-06-10, 08:23 PM
Big time chokejob.

kan_t
12-06-10, 08:28 PM
Well at least Leonard's freak injury didn't come back to haunt us in the first friggin' 10 minutes of the game.

Smith can't cover and Folk can't kick. Why we didn't pick up Jeff Reed I'll never know.
As a Steelers fan, I can tell you Folk is better than Reed.

Melan-cynic
12-06-10, 08:32 PM
As a Steelers fan, I can tell you Folk is better than Reed.
As a football fan I can tell you you're crazy.

dabomb2045
12-06-10, 08:33 PM
Not looking forward to everyone jumping off the Jets bandwagon if this game continues to go the way it is going. Fans, media, everyone will be proclaiming the season to be over.

Melan-cynic
12-06-10, 08:35 PM
Not looking forward to everyone jumping off the Jets bandwagon if this game continues to go the way it is going. Fans, media, everyone will be proclaiming the season to be over.
Who cares. I don't want bangwagon fans around anyway.

kan_t
12-06-10, 08:36 PM
As a football fan I can tell you you're crazy.
Have you seen Reed's FG kick this year? He missed all 40+ yards FG and he blamed it to his teammate.

CoyoteYankee
12-06-10, 08:37 PM

That happened after Week 1 too. They all came crawling back.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-06-10, 08:38 PM
Die in a fire, Danny Woodhead.

Melan-cynic
12-06-10, 08:40 PM
Have you seen Reed's FG kick this year? He missed all 40+ yards FG and he blamed it to his teammate.
lol Have you seen Folk's career? Have you seen Reed's career?

And hopefully you realize Folk spent his career kicking on the Dallas carpet while Reed's homefield is the toughest place to kick in the NFL.

Give me Reed every single time. 5 of his last 6 years were amazing.

Jax Teller
12-06-10, 08:42 PM
white trash overload...welcome to foxboro

Melan-cynic
12-06-10, 08:48 PM
Yep. One foot in = a TD. Glad we're playing NCAA rules.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-06-10, 08:49 PM
Yep. One foot in = a TD. Glad we're playing NCAA rules.

The sad thing is, I have no faith that it would have been overturned.

Jax Teller
12-06-10, 08:49 PM
Gotta love Wilfork taking down everyone in sight by their heads & necks too.

dabomb2045
12-06-10, 08:50 PM
Just a good old fashioned ass whooping tonight....Jets are getting taken out to the woodshed. Games like this happen sometimes.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-06-10, 08:52 PM
Just a good old fashioned ass whooping tonight....Jets are getting taken out to the woodshed. Games like this happen sometimes.

If they lose, they just have to worry about Miami and try to improve their AFC East record. Division is still in reach.

dabomb2045
12-06-10, 08:55 PM
If they lose, they just have to worry about Miami and try to improve their AFC East record. Division is still in reach.

Pats also have to go to Chicago next week. Everyone will be calling this division over after tonight--and saying the Jets suck. Neither are true.

Jax Teller
12-06-10, 08:56 PM
No trolling yet from anyone? Stunning.

Melan-cynic
12-06-10, 08:58 PM
hahaha. Yeah, that was block in the back.

Mark19
12-06-10, 09:03 PM
Jets Defense - they were who we thought they were

Melan-cynic
12-06-10, 09:35 PM
And that'll do it.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-06-10, 09:44 PM
And that'll do it do it.

AMYanks
12-06-10, 09:46 PM
At least we have a short week coming up. The less time this coaching staff has to prepare the team, the better.

The FUTURE
12-06-10, 09:56 PM
I am afraid this is the start of another Pats Dynasty. Very Solid team, young, few holes, and those holes are about to be filled by 8 picks in the first 2 rounds next year.

Mark19
12-06-10, 09:59 PM
Rex is going to be volcanic, this was supposed to be the Jets year and they've looked pretty old and shaky for a while now

CoyoteYankee
12-06-10, 10:02 PM
All I wanted is for the Jets not to get totally humiliated. Glad that didn't happen.

ToneinTO
12-06-10, 10:05 PM
Somebody has to send a message and knock the s#it out of Brady.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-06-10, 10:06 PM
This is like Sanchez 2009.

Mark19
12-06-10, 10:09 PM
The Jets and the Pats late in the season is like the Giants and the Eagles late in the season. New York just can't beat their regional rival when it counts.

Melan-cynic
12-06-10, 10:22 PM
I am afraid this is the start of another Pats Dynasty. Very Solid team, young, few holes, and those holes are about to be filled by 8 picks in the first 2 rounds next year.

Relax.

Rex is going to be volcanic, this was supposed to be the Jets year and they've looked pretty old and shaky for a while now
Old? Where are the Jets old?

Mark19
12-06-10, 10:23 PM
Relax.

Old? Where are the Jets old?

They've looked old despite being relatively young

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-06-10, 10:35 PM
Well...it's over.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-06-10, 10:40 PM
So I assume the media will immediately forget the Jets handily beating the Patriots this season.

dabomb2045
12-06-10, 10:41 PM
So I assume the media will immediately forget the Jets handily beating the Patriots this season.

It was Week 2....so it doesnt count.

GordonGecko
12-06-10, 11:03 PM
Rex stunk, Sanchez stunk, Shotty REALLY stunk as usual, the defense really stunk (most disappointed in this), heck even the kickers stunk. All around terrible game, but it is one regular season game. Won't mean a thing if you win after week 17. This will beat some humility into the team and they'll be better for it in the long run.

Learning experience, move on.

Yankeesfan924
12-06-10, 11:39 PM
Welp..

SalingerNY
12-07-10, 07:28 AM
Before last night, I thought the Jets had a strong argument to be considered one of the best teams in the NFL. Turns out, not so much really. Boy did they get used and abused.

dabomb2045
12-07-10, 08:40 AM
Before last night, I thought the Jets had a strong argument to be considered one of the best teams in the NFL. Turns out, not so much really. Boy did they get used and abused.

Its one game...one loss. Every team has stinkers and gets their ass whooped at times.

eaganmafia
12-07-10, 09:32 AM
Its one game...one loss. Every team has stinkers and gets their ass whooped at times.

I agree it's just one loss. But against a division rival, to gain a two game lead in the division, with 11 days to get ready, against a team the Jets aspire to be and they go out and get man-handled like that...not a good sign.

I expected the Pats to win, but who the hell saw that coming.

dabomb2045
12-07-10, 09:39 AM
I agree it's just one loss. But against a division rival, to gain a two game lead in the division, with 11 days to get ready, against a team the Jets aspire to be and they go out and get man-handled like that...not a good sign.

I expected the Pats to win, but who the hell saw that coming.

Didnt expect 45-3 but not surprised at all that the Pats won. How many times have Brady/Belichick gotten swept in divisional play? All it means is that two relatively even teams split their season series, which should really shock nobody. Btw I love how the mediots are already calling the division over. Is it guaranteed that the Pats will win their next two games vs Chicago and Green Bay?

GordonGecko
12-07-10, 09:40 AM

It is one game but based on performance the Jets are lucky if they're ranked top 5 right now. I'd put the power rankings at:
1. Patriots
2. Falcons
3. Steelers
4. Jets
5. Toss up (Bears/Saints/Eagles/Ravens)

Love Rex Ryan but he needs to learn when to use his challenge flags. Burning one for a 4th down near your endzone and not using it to challenge a touchdown is inexcusable. I think that can be fixed. As bad as schottenheimer is I think the offense can be fixed. My worry is on the defense, this group of guys may just not be up to the task

dabomb2045
12-07-10, 09:44 AM
It is one game but based on performance the Jets are lucky if they're ranked top 5 right now. I'd put the power rankings at:
1. Patriots
2. Falcons
3. Steelers
4. Jets
5. Toss up (Bears/Saints/Eagles/Ravens)

Thats fair, but this league changes from week to week and rankings teams is a fruitless exercise. Look at the Steelers...they got beat up good by the Pats a few weeks ago and people were calling them finished. I would say they have recovered just fine from that. A few weeks ago the media's darling were the Eagles "omg they are unstoppable, Vick is the best QB ever, how can they ever lose" and that same week they gave up 31 points to the Bears and lost.

Its why you can never put too much stock and/or overreact to one game.

SalingerNY
12-07-10, 09:52 AM

There are stinkers and then there are eviscerations. Yeah it's only one game, but man were they just completely outclassed.

Melan-cynic
12-07-10, 09:59 AM
There are stinkers and then there are eviscerations. Yeah it's only one game, but man were they just completely outclassed.
And the Jets beating them handily in Week 2 doesn't count. Interesting logic.

MTYankee23
12-07-10, 10:19 AM
It's one game, even as a Pats fan, they have a young defense, Jets win out and Patriots lose to the Dolphins and they wind up a 13-3 5 seed who has to play on the road 3 times to get to the Super Bowl.

I don't think the two games were at all similar, but even at that, things can change real quickly in the NFL. Last year was a perfect example. Jets lose in Foxboro by 17, and only lose once the rest of the way. Jets had lost 3 straight, Pats had won 3 out of 4. Seasons ended in completely different manners.

So as much as the teams look different now than they did in week 2 (Mankins, Branch, Woodhead in, Moss out, Holmes in, Leonhard out probably amongst others), they could look just as different 6 or 7 weeks from now if they meet in the Divisional round or Conference Championships.

SalingerNY
12-07-10, 10:22 AM
And the Jets beating them handily in Week 2 doesn't count. Interesting logic.

I didn't say that. But I do think it's clear the Pats have gotten quite a bit better since that loss. Have the Jets? That's less clear to me after last night.

And, let's be honest. 28-14 is just not the same beating as 45-3.

Melan-cynic
12-07-10, 10:46 AM
And, let's be honest. 28-14 is just not the same beating as 45-3.
And I didn't say that. Let's just keep in mind they split the season series. I understand last night was a beatdown but I've heard plenty from people who seem to forget the Jets beat up NE in September.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-07-10, 01:54 PM

So neither do the Patriots then, by your logic - look how they were eviscerated by the Browns.

Melan-cynic
12-07-10, 02:09 PM
So neither do the Patriots then, by your logic - look how they were eviscerated by the Browns.
Doesn't count because it doesn't have much troll value in this thread.

SalingerNY
12-07-10, 02:22 PM

Well, things have changed a bit since that loss, no? And look, things could still change a lot for the Jets. I'm not ruling that out at all. I'm just saying they're not as good as I thought they were.

They could certainly restore their status with big wins against Chicago and Pittsburgh, and I don't think either are out of the question by any stretch.

SalingerNY
12-07-10, 02:49 PM
And I didn't say that. Let's just keep in mind they split the season series. I understand last night was a beatdown but I've heard plenty from people who seem to forget the Jets beat up NE in September.

OK, but that point just seems like really, really weak sauce.

Jax Teller
12-07-10, 02:53 PM
One game erased what the team did all season. Interesting.

Yankee Tripper
12-07-10, 03:01 PM

18-1? One game did erase a whole season.

But I agree 1 game in the regluar season does not a season make. Pleanty of eventual SB champs have had embarrasing regular season losses. It is just one game.

I think the Jets v Pitt is huge for the Jets though heading into the post-season. They are now 1-3 v NE, BAL, GB arguably the 3 best teams they have faced so far and quite possibly teams they may see again in the post season. And in those 3 losses they have scored a total of 12 points and zero TDs.

Melan-cynic
12-07-10, 03:03 PM
OK, but that point just seems like really, really weak sauce.
How is it weak sauce? Weak sauce is accentuating the recent instead of looking at the whole.

SalingerNY
12-07-10, 03:14 PM

I didn't say that, just that I thought they were much better than what they showed last night. I don't think that's really all that controversial a statement.

Jax Teller
12-07-10, 03:56 PM
I didn't say that, just that I thought they were much better than what they showed last night. I don't think that's really all that controversial a statement.

No you didn't. I'm not up in arms over this but let's not pretend like you came in here & posted an innocent comment.

SalingerNY
12-07-10, 04:33 PM
No you didn't. I'm not up in arms over this but let's not pretend like you came in here & posted an innocent comment.

Those two statements are equivalent to me. I really did go into last night's game thinking it could go either way, and expected it to be hard-fought and close. I'm not saying the fact that almost the exact opposite happened automatically erases everything they've done this season, but it certainly will make me evaluate them heading into their games with Chicago and Pittsburgh differently.

They may still have an argument that they're one of the best teams in the NFL, I just don't find it to be a particularly strong one. But if you guys want to claim otherwise, well then have at it.

goin for 27
12-07-10, 05:05 PM
Didnt expect 45-3 but not surprised at all that the Pats won. How many times have Brady/Belichick gotten swept in divisional play? All it means is that two relatively even teams split their season series, which should really shock nobody. Btw I love how the mediots are already calling the division over. Is it guaranteed that the Pats will win their next two games vs Chicago and Green Bay?

It is not guaranteed, but the Jets have tough games as well. ESPN ticker had odds of whomever won the game at 80% to win the division. I don't know where they came up with the metric, but I would agree. It is not over, but I would agree that the division is 80% in favor of Pats.

hugelongtermdeal
12-08-10, 06:36 AM
I'm wondering - what exactly are the comparisons to be drawn between the '10 Jets and '85 Bears?

Soriambi
12-08-10, 08:50 AM
It is not guaranteed, but the Jets have tough games as well. ESPN ticker had odds of whomever won the game at 80% to win the division. I don't know where they came up with the metric, but I would agree. It is not over, but I would agree that the division is 80% in favor of Pats.

I heard that 80% number, but I think it's odd, considering that the odds should have been very different if the Jets had won giving them a one game lead (and had the 2-0 head to head tie-breaker) than if the Pats won, simply giving them a one game lead. Obviously, having a game advantage and all, the Pats are the favorites right now, but I suppose we shall see.

TheoShmeo
12-08-10, 09:16 AM
As much as I'd like to believe that 80% number and as much as I do think the Pats are the better team, things have a way of changing very fast. The Pats were the consensus number one in the power rankings (which are worth next to nothing but make the point about the general view) until they got hammered by the Browns. If they lose to the hot Bears on Sunday and the Jets beat the Fins -- both very possible results -- then the Jets are back in the driver's seat notwithstanding the Monday night beat down. And then if Pittsburgh beats the Jets on December 19....

My point is that as much as I'd love the Pats to run the table, I think we're all in for some twists and turns until the end of the regular season.

Yankee Tripper
12-08-10, 12:20 PM
I'm wondering - what exactly are the comparisons to be drawn between the '10 Jets and '85 Bears?
That they each has a guy with the last name of Ryan on the coaching staff? Cuz that's about where the similarities end.

Yankee Tripper
12-08-10, 12:26 PM
As much as I'd like to believe that 80% number ...

Why doubt it? The Pats have a 1 game lead and play an almost identical schedule to the Jets in terms of stenght of schedule for the last 4 games they each play CHI, BUF & MIA and Jets v Pitt ~ NE v GB. 80% seems like a realistic assesment. Sure anything can happen in the NFL but the probability sure favors the Pats winning that division.

TheoShmeo
12-08-10, 05:15 PM
Why doubt it? The Pats have a 1 game lead and play an almost identical schedule to the Jets in terms of stenght of schedule for the last 4 games they each play CHI, BUF & MIA and Jets v Pitt ~ NE v GB. 80% seems like a realistic assesment. Sure anything can happen in the NFL but the probability sure favors the Pats winning that division.
Yep, but if the Jets beat Miami and the Pats lose to Chicago -- not an outcome that is hard to believe -- then things will look a lot different. My point is that outlooks in the NFL often change A LOT week to week. I do think the Pats will beat the Bears but the possibility for serious snow throws a wild card into the mix, as does the short week followed by a road game in a difficult venue.

Yankee Tripper
12-08-10, 06:39 PM
Yep, but if the Jets beat Miami and the Pats lose to Chicago -- not an outcome that is hard to believe -- then things will look a lot different. My point is that outlooks in the NFL often change A LOT week to week. I do think the Pats will beat the Bears but the possibility for serious snow throws a wild card into the mix, as does the short week followed by a road game in a difficult venue.
Which is why the Jets have a about a 1/5 chance of still winning the division.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
12-09-10, 03:42 PM

Exactly....I don't think I've ever seen as apoplectic a reaction to a loss before. The SOJF are lined up all across the Tappan Zee.

dabomb2045
12-09-10, 06:19 PM
Exactly....I don't think I've ever seen as apoplectic a reaction to a loss before. The SOJF are lined up all across the Tappan Zee.

Too many idiots take their cue from the media....who of course couldnt wait to pile on the Jets after that game.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-09-10, 06:21 PM
http://kontraband.se/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/panic.gif

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
12-10-10, 12:15 PM
Too many idiots take their cue from the media....who of course couldnt wait to pile on the Jets after that game.

I couldn't sum it up any better...Cimini, Fatcesser, Kay, Malushi*s etc supply the SOJ bait and these morons go for it hook, line, and sinker.

Jax Teller
12-10-10, 04:40 PM
Someone posted a link on another website regarding clinching a playoff spot this weekend.

Jets can clinch if:

They beat the Dolphins plus the San Diego Chargers (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/sd/san-diego-chargers) lose or tie (Kansas City Chiefs (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/kc/kansas-city-chiefs)) plus the Jaguars lose or tie (versus the Raiders).
They beat the Dolphins plus the San Diego Chargers lose or tie (Kansas City Chiefs) plus the Colts lose or tie (versus the Titans).
They beat the Dolphins plus the Raiders lose or tie (versus the Jaguars) plus both the Chargers and Colts lose.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-10-10, 04:43 PM
Someone posted a link on another website regarding clinching a playoff spot this weekend.

Jets can clinch if:

They beat the Dolphins plus the San Diego Chargers (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/sd/san-diego-chargers) lose or tie (Kansas City Chiefs (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/kc/kansas-city-chiefs)) plus the Jaguars lose or tie (versus the Raiders).
They beat the Dolphins plus the San Diego Chargers lose or tie (Kansas City Chiefs) plus the Colts lose or tie (versus the Titans).
They beat the Dolphins plus the Raiders lose or tie (versus the Jaguars) plus both the Chargers and Colts lose.

NFL playoff scenarios always make me nuts.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 03:14 PM
Jets chose to receive the kick...good call.

Melan-cynic
12-12-10, 03:18 PM
Really Mark. Dios mio.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 03:28 PM
Jesus Christ.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 03:39 PM
Can we never run the Wildcat ever again? Thanks.

Yankeesfan924
12-12-10, 03:41 PM
What the hell happened to this team?

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 03:44 PM
At what point (if any) do you go to Brunell?

machphantom
12-12-10, 03:44 PM
What the hell happened to this team?
I said it once, i'll say it again... they're the Jets. Rex can say whatever he wants, but until they win a Super Bowl, there's no reason to believe it's any different.

dabomb2045
12-12-10, 03:45 PM
When are people gonna start talking about how bad the Jets O line is playing? They run block for sh*t...when is the last time they have really ran the ball effectively on a consistent basis? Their pass blocking isnt great either. Even in the games they were winning, Sanchez was running for his life and ab-libbing plays.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 03:47 PM
I wouldn't trust the Jets on 3rd and 40 at the moment.

dabomb2045
12-12-10, 03:47 PM
Why is Bart Scott attempting to cover Marshall? wtf

Melan-cynic
12-12-10, 03:49 PM
Why the ................ is 1)Revis not on Marshall and 2) BART SCOTT covering their best receiver on the 3 yard line.

Totally ................ing stupid and unacceptable. Kind of like having NINE guys in on D in the redzone. Ridiculous.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 03:59 PM
Well, at least they got some first downs? :dunno:

The weather is going to be deteriorating and it's going to be a running game, which has to favor the Jets. Right?

dabomb2045
12-12-10, 04:05 PM
Well, at least they got some first downs? :dunno:

The weather is going to be deteriorating and it's going to be a running game, which has to favor the Jets. Right?

When is the last time the Jets ran the ball well. Week 4 or 5 maybe?

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 04:10 PM
You run the wildcat on fourth down and two? REALLY?

Melan-cynic
:roflmao: @ that playcall.

dabomb2045
I've had enough of Schittenheimer. Fire this loser.

Yankeesfan924
12-12-10, 04:11 PM
http://www.phuckpolitics.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/what_the_hell_is_this_crap.jpg

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 04:14 PM
http://www.phuckpolitics.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/what_the_hell_is_this_crap.jpg

:roflmao:

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 04:15 PM
Gotta take advantage of this field position.

Melan-cynic
12-12-10, 04:15 PM
Brilliant. Two more runs for 2 yds on 1st and 2nd down.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 04:17 PM
:roflmao:

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 04:18 PM
Well, at least Folk didn't miss the chip shot.

Melan-cynic
12-12-10, 04:18 PM
Just shoot me now.

Yankeesfan924
12-12-10, 04:23 PM
Words and pictures can't even describe that crap.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 04:27 PM
Woody out for the game.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 04:31 PM
Clusterfvck.

Melan-cynic
12-12-10, 04:34 PM
Way to come out after last week's ................show.

dabomb2045
12-12-10, 04:34 PM
This offense just sucks in every facet right now. QB, RB, WR, O-line. Everyone is playing like .................

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 04:37 PM
Well, at least Henne is looking worse than Sanchez, so there's that.

Melan-cynic
12-12-10, 04:45 PM
I feel bad for any football fans who don't follow either team but were submitted to that atrocious half of play.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 04:49 PM
Three and out on the first drive would be nice.

Melan-cynic
12-12-10, 04:55 PM
Punter is absurd. Pretty much says it all that he's been the MVP of the game thus far.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 05:03 PM
This game makes me want to shake babies.

dabomb2045
12-12-10, 05:04 PM
This O line sucks. Seriously when is the last time they even created a hole for a RB, or didnt get pushed 3 yards into the backfield?

Mark19
12-12-10, 05:04 PM
Another wasted drive, some very lucky early wins are helping disguise a .500 football team.

Melan-cynic
12-12-10, 05:06 PM
This O line sucks. Seriously when is the last time they even created a hole for a RB, or didnt get pushed 3 yards into the backfield?
It hasn't been good the last 2 weeks but you're overdoing it a bit. They're still 4th in the NFL in rushing yards.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 05:08 PM
Penalties...

b_joseph
12-12-10, 05:09 PM
At least the defense is standing up to the challenge

dabomb2045
12-12-10, 05:10 PM
It hasn't been good the last 2 weeks but you're overdoing it a bit. They're still 4th in the NFL in rushing yards.

They got off to an insanely hot start. The yards per carry since Week 5-6 has been awful. Tomlinson hasnt been over 3.8 since Week 5, the exception was last week. Greene hasnt been much better in that same time frame....under 4 every game except vs Detroit and last week.

Im not really blaming the RB's either because most of the time I see no holes for them to run through. Most of the time they have no place to go except fight ahead for 2-3 yards. Seems like the only long run they've had in awhile was the Smith end around vs Cincy.

dabomb2045
12-12-10, 05:14 PM
I actually would consider sitting Sanchez at this point. He looks that bad.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 05:14 PM
http://wlodb.com/avatars/headdesk.gif?1273001727

Yankeesfan924
12-12-10, 05:16 PM
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2009/363/5/9/RAGEEEE_by_Kuzaiai.jpg

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 05:17 PM
Does anyone else feel that the Jets can make up a two score defecit?

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 05:18 PM
Does anyone else feel that the Jets can make up a two score defecit?

Thank God for fumbles.

Yankeesfan924
12-12-10, 05:18 PM
My roommate (Dolphins fan): No more fumbles...ok maybe one more fumble.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 05:20 PM
Jesus.

dabomb2045
12-12-10, 05:22 PM
Well it doesnt help that the Jets playcalling is 100% predictable. Run on 1st/2nd down, pass on 3rd.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 05:22 PM
Jets are going to need a pick six to tie this game.

Yankeesfan924
12-12-10, 05:23 PM
I despise the Jets.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 05:24 PM
And Cromartie is hurt. Sweet.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 05:27 PM
I miss Jim Leonhard.

Yankeesfan924
12-12-10, 05:28 PM
Woah woah woah...WHAT?

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 05:28 PM
Calm down, Dan Fouts.

b_joseph
12-12-10, 05:30 PM
Was that on purpose?..dont think it was or my eyes are worse than I thought

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 05:31 PM
This drive is going to stall just outside of field goal territory, isn't it?

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 05:31 PM
This drive is going to stall just outside of field goal territory, isn't it?

I'm a ................ing genius.

b_joseph
12-12-10, 05:36 PM
Blitz this fool until kingdom come..Henne looks like he has no idea where he is.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 05:38 PM
This punter is nuts.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 05:41 PM
Hey, they didn't run up the middle on first down.

b_joseph
12-12-10, 05:41 PM
Best punting performance I've seen in a while...every kick is drilled with amazing hangtime.

If they can just cut into the lead, Sanchez will lead them to the win on the final drive. Just gotta get some point sbefore then.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 05:42 PM
Sooo close to field goal range...don't eff it up.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 05:44 PM
Sooo close to field goal range...don't eff it up.

Or do that.

Yankeesfan924
12-12-10, 05:44 PM
Or do that.

Was there ever any doubt?

dabomb2045
12-12-10, 05:49 PM
I dont know whats annoying me more...the playcalling or the execution of the plays. Why do you run a 2 yard route on 4th and 5? And why even bother throwing it when the guy isnt open?

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 05:53 PM
3rd and inches, so I'm guessing they throw down field.

Melan-cynic
12-12-10, 05:55 PM
Do you think if someone sniped Schottenheimer right now they'd even be charged?

Yankeesfan924
12-12-10, 05:56 PM
Do you think if someone sniped Schottenheimer right now they'd even be charged?

Yes. Charged with conducting the parade down the Canyon of Heroes.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 05:56 PM
Attaboy, Mark. Nice head first slide.

Melan-cynic
12-12-10, 05:57 PM
Yes. Charged with conducting the parade down the Canyon of Heroes.
:lol: Amazing.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 05:58 PM
SANTONIO! :D It's that time..

Melan-cynic
12-12-10, 05:58 PM
What a ................ing catch. Make up for it Tone.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 05:59 PM
Wow, really missed Keller there.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 05:59 PM
Kick the field goal? Ugh. Nick Folk...prove me wrong.

Yankeesfan924
12-12-10, 06:00 PM
No way Folk makes this.

Yankeesfan924
No way Folk makes this.

Pleasantly surprised.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
All right, just need one possession for more late game magic.

goin for 27
12-12-10, 06:02 PM
watching on game day. I know 4th and 8, but why kick fg, when they still need a TD anyhow?

b_joseph
Ok...10-6..get a easy 3-out and drive for the win.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
watching on game day. I know 4th and 8, but why kick fg, when they still need a TD anyhow?

With 5:00 + and all timeouts left, you assume you'll get the ball back again.

b_joseph
12-12-10, 06:03 PM
Miami cant even dream to move it 10 yards...Jets will have the ball back in a couple minutes.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 06:03 PM
How many sacks is that today?

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 06:04 PM
Ok. Magic time.

Kluivert4Ever
12-12-10, 06:05 PM
Heck the Jets might even have time to win this game without a TD with the way Miami is moving the ball.

Yankeesfan924
12-12-10, 06:06 PM
Ok. Magic time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iiryJwvDtc

Melan-cynic
Tone slant for 68 yd TD?

b_joseph
Henne is pure comedy.

Ok..end the game here

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 06:07 PM
Four down territory yet?

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 06:07 PM
CAN ANYONE ON THIS DAMN TEAM CATCH A PASS? Hell.

dabomb2045
12-12-10, 06:09 PM
Its rather scary how badly Sanchez has regressed the last 3 games. He looks like the clueless rookie he was midseason last year.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
Need this stop.

Kluivert4Ever
Does the wind seem as bad as it was back at old Giant stadium?

kan_t
Only Henne can make Sanchez look good in this game.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 06:10 PM
Awesome.

Yankeesfan924
12-12-10, 06:11 PM
Please win this game, offense.

Melan-cynic
Win this GD game please.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
This would be a great time for a blocked punt, big return, anything.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 06:12 PM
Whew, I figured that would be offsides or something.

kan_t
12-12-10, 06:12 PM
Wow...Henne really wants to give this game to the Jets.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 06:14 PM
2nd and 1, take a shot down field please.

Melan-cynic
12-12-10, 06:15 PM
Wow...Henne really wants to give this game to the Jets.
He's been awful but give the Jets pass rush and coverage some credit kid.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 06:17 PM
Oh. My. God.

Yankeesfan924
12-12-10, 06:17 PM
Catch the ball, and THEN RUN.

Melan-cynic
12-12-10, 06:18 PM
How do you drop the slant and haul that one in.

Melan-cynic
12-12-10, 06:19 PM
That's why you don't clock it there. Putrid.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 06:19 PM
I hate this team.

Yankeesfan924
12-12-10, 06:20 PM
I hate this team.

Melan-cynic
Speechless.

Yankeesfan924
I hate this team.

Jinx.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
Same old Jets.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 06:22 PM
Would anyone be surprised if they finish 9-7 and miss the playoffs?

dabomb2045
12-12-10, 06:22 PM
DISGRACEFUL performance all around. The media will kill the Jets again this week....this time its 100% deserved. This team is a fraud.

Yankeesfan924
12-12-10, 06:25 PM
GTFO Jets. Just go away. Forfeit the rest of your games if you can't fix this s***.

AMYanks
12-12-10, 06:39 PM
This team hasn't been good since week 4 against the powerhouse Buffalo Bills. Sanchez has been god awful the last three weeks, but if he didn't have that magical touch before hand, this team wouldn't be .500.

But hey, as long as they keep saying they're the best, that's all that matters!

hardrain
12-12-10, 06:40 PM
somewhere. Francesa is smiling.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 06:49 PM
I have to avoid sports media for the next week. Joy.

eaganmafia
12-12-10, 06:54 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/12/dolphins-nolan-carroll-tripped-while-running-on-jets-sideline/

I wonder how much noise this whole thing is gonna make?

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 06:57 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/12/dolphins-nolan-carroll-tripped-while-running-on-jets-sideline/

I wonder how much noise this whole thing is gonna make?

1) Carroll should have been flagged for running out of bounds.
2) I've seen the video multiple times, and I don't buy that there was any intent.

eaganmafia
12-12-10, 06:59 PM
1) Carroll should have been flagged for running out of bounds.
2) I've seen the video multiple times, and I don't buy that there was any intent.

1) I thought you were only flagged for running outta bounds and being the first person to make the tackle?

2) Nobody cares what you think, but you know it's gonna be talked about alot the next couple days.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 07:02 PM
1) I thought you were only flagged for running outta bounds and being the first person to make the tackle?

Pretty sure it's unsportsmanlike conduct to run out of bounds and not come back in.

2) Nobody cares what you think, but you know it's gonna be talked about alot the next couple days.

Go ................ yourself, Vikings troll.

eaganmafia
12-12-10, 07:05 PM
Pretty sure it's unsportsmanlike conduct to run out of bounds and not come back in.

Go ................ yourself, Vikings troll.

1) How is it upsportsmanlike to run outta bounds, especially when your get hurt on the play? I'm not an avid reader of the NFL rule book, but that doesn't make an sense.

2) It doesn't matter what you, me or anyone on this board thinks, it's gonna be a talker tomorrow and it's gonna bring some heat on the team. I'm not sure how that's trolling, but ok.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 07:07 PM
2) It doesn't matter what you, me or anyone on this board thinks, it's gonna be a talker tomorrow and it's gonna bring some heat on the team. I'm not sure how that's trolling, but ok.

You come into the Jets thread after a tough loss and tell me no one cares what I think. It's trolling. Go fall on ice.

Melan-cynic
12-12-10, 07:09 PM
lol. How is it not trolling? The triviality of your post basically defines it.

eaganmafia
12-12-10, 07:10 PM
You come into the Jets thread after a tough loss and tell me no one cares what I think. It's trolling. Go fall on ice.

Wouldn't trolling be talking ................ about the Jets? Maybe my trolling game is outdated or old-school but I don't see how I'm being a troll?

Jax Teller
12-12-10, 07:14 PM
Trolls just can't wait to come to this thread after a Jets loss & then play the "aw shucks, what did I do?" angle. lol

eaganmafia
12-12-10, 07:15 PM
Jeez, my bad.

I never even post in here but people are a bit chippy right now.

Jax Teller
12-12-10, 07:19 PM
Our team just lost in gut wrenching fashion...pick your spots better. Do you really think coming in here & posting that sh*t right after the game should be taken innocently right now?

Melan-cynic
12-12-10, 07:20 PM
Trolls just can't wait to come to this thread after a Jets loss & then play the "aw shucks, what did I do?" angle. lol
Yep. It's that 'aw gosh, lil ol me?' type of mentality I hate. It made Favre first famous [for its authenticity] and then infamous [for its transparency].

Soriambi
12-12-10, 07:29 PM

Jax Teller
12-12-10, 07:30 PM
Let's put it in perspective, eagan. If the Yankees lost on a walkoff & a Red Sox troll comes into a thread & says something to put the Yanks in a bad light, would you respond to that as just trying to talk about the game? Also the fact that you've only posted in here (as little as you have) when the Jets lose a game, it's going to make us wonder your intentions.

Sox trolls & the "aw shucks, what did I do?" retort are synonymous.

Brooklyn Yankee Fan
12-12-10, 07:38 PM
The offense has left me no choice but to have no confidence going into the Steelers game.

Snatch Catch
12-12-10, 07:55 PM
The offense has left me no choice but to have no confidence going into the Steelers game.
They haven't inspired my confidence for a while now. Sanchez is still highly volatile and Schottenheimer is still the bane of my Jets fandom.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
12-12-10, 09:00 PM
I don't think you could have decided intent from the video, but now it's been admitted:

http://twitter.com/#!/mortreport/status/14151730161782784

"Jets strength coach Sal Alosi admits he tripped Dolphins Nolan Carroll on sidelines. Apologizes. League discipline no doubt coming."

I'd like to see him fired for that.

Jax Teller
12-12-10, 09:12 PM
Agreed.

Melan-cynic
12-12-10, 09:15 PM
3rd'd

Jax Teller
12-12-10, 09:20 PM
I'm glad that got resolved right away...I couldn't tolerate constant speculation on the intentions (on TV or from douches at work).

Yankeesfan924
12-12-10, 09:25 PM
4th'd.

Soriambi
12-12-10, 10:00 PM
I'll second the 3rd'd.

AMYanks
12-12-10, 10:35 PM
I'll third the 3rd'd and second the 4th'd.

That actually made more sense than Schotty's offense.

dabomb2045
12-12-10, 10:38 PM
I still cant believe going Wildcat on 4th and 2. That was one of about 30 awful play calls.

just-blaze
12-12-10, 11:47 PM
Jeez, my bad.

I never even post in here but people are a bit chippy right now.

No kidding, huh. Wonder why?

Miami drops 10 points on 131 total yards and we get 6 on 280 total yards.
Meanwhile Brian Schottenheimer inexplicably still has a job.

GordonGecko
12-12-10, 11:51 PM
Meanwhile Brian Schottenheimer inexplicably still has a job.
What are you talking about, haven't you heard he's a genius??

Melan-cynic
12-13-10, 12:01 AM
At the beginning of this year and at certain points last year broadcasters referred to him as "a rising star coordinator" destined for a head coaching job. It was so laughable I couldn't laugh.