PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 New York Jets Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11

ToneinTO
11-07-10, 01:49 PM
That personal foul call was b.s.

Melan-cynic
11-07-10, 02:16 PM
Playcalling makes me want to slit my wrists.

CoyoteYankee
11-07-10, 02:27 PM
Well, that was a decent pass.

dabomb2045
11-07-10, 02:34 PM
Finally a big play....nice bomb to Braylon. That salvaged what was a disasterous 1st half....and I agree Melancynic, the playcalling is horrific. Was last week too.

Melan-cynic
11-07-10, 02:45 PM
Who would've thought a QB could throw the ball downfield. What a crazy concept.

dabomb2045
11-07-10, 02:57 PM
Jets killing themselves again....Edwards fumble, then the stupid roughing the kicker penalty. Sigh.

Jax Teller
11-07-10, 02:58 PM
I hate you, Pryce

Melan-cynic
11-07-10, 03:01 PM
Why did they get rid of the 5 yard "running into the kicker" penalty. That is a friggin' joke that Trevor Price tripping and falling down into the kicker on 4th down inside the 10 gives them a TD.

CoyoteYankee
11-07-10, 03:15 PM
Jets better do something with this field position.

Edit: Terrible.

dabomb2045
11-07-10, 03:22 PM
What is going on with this offense the last two weeks? Too much talent for them to look this bad. Inexcusable really...the Lions defense sucks and they have done nothing outside of one long pass.

The amount of dumb penalties has to stop too.

Jax Teller
11-07-10, 03:25 PM
Lol they deserve to lose this one. Pathetic performance again.

dabomb2045
11-07-10, 03:35 PM
This is embarassing. Burn two timeouts on defense in the span of ONE play.

dabomb2045
11-07-10, 03:38 PM
This team better start figuring sh*t out before next week. I dont know what the hell is going on....but they look like sh*t and are an average football team right now. Enough with the Super bowl talk and all the loudmouth nonsense, and focus on finding your game again.

AMYanks
11-07-10, 03:41 PM
Rex and Schotty unprepared again. Pathetic. It's hard to get angry with Schotty, he's just an idiot who's trying to run an offense in the NFL that he learned from Steve Spurrier. But Rex has been a major disappointment this year. No discipline, constant confusion, no accountability. Maybe he should stop being everyone's best friend and start being a ................ing football coach.

dabomb2045
11-07-10, 03:45 PM
They look like a team playing their first preseason game. Penalties, miscommunication on routes, receivers not looking back for balls, guys lining up in the wrong spots, confusion on defense etc etc. They were not ready to play this game.

CoyoteYankee
11-07-10, 03:45 PM
This is embarassing. Burn two timeouts on defense in the span of ONE play.

That was a joke.

AMYanks
11-07-10, 03:48 PM
Same 1st and 2nd down call all day, with a little miscommunication sprinkled in on 3rd down.

Jax Teller
11-07-10, 03:51 PM
DRobertson lurking/trolling yet again.

Pathetic. It's gotta suck to hate another team more then you love your own team.

DRobertsonNYY
11-07-10, 03:55 PM
? what are you talking about? i didnt even post. im just reading the thread

Jax Teller
11-07-10, 03:56 PM
:lol: right because you haven't been trolling since week 1. Keep acting innocent...just like TheoShmeo.

Continue sitting there salivating over the Jets f*cking up. As a Giants fan, that's really sad to see considering there's no rivalry.

dabomb2045
11-07-10, 03:56 PM
Why are you punting on 4th down....down 10, with only 1 timeout left and 6:40 left????????? You HAVE to go for it there. Even if the Lions go 3 and out they'll be able to run 2-3 minutes off the clock.

Just....wow.

DRobertsonNYY
11-07-10, 04:02 PM
:lol: right because you haven't been trolling since week 1. Keep acting innocent...just like TheoShmeo.

Continue sitting there salivating over the Jets f*cking up. As a Giants fan, that's really sad to see considering there's no rivalry.

you are clinging at things now. since im reading the jets thread, i'm trolling. even though im waiting for the giants game to start? and havent even posted. i will log off so you cant see my name in this thread anymore. you can be happy now

Jax Teller
11-07-10, 04:03 PM
Thanks for playing, troll. Run along now. The fact that you're playing this "I never do anything" card is really amusing.

No you haven't posted but considering the only time you do post, is to troll...you being here is obvious. Don't pretend otherwise.

Yankeesfan924
11-07-10, 04:13 PM
Disgusting, but we just got a gift from the Lions with that incompletion. 1:40. Let's do it.

dabomb2045
11-07-10, 04:17 PM
Refs finally give us one....

AMYanks
11-07-10, 04:20 PM
We are so lucky the Lions are cursed worse than we are.

And Sanchez seems to be coming through in a big spot on the road a lot. Weird.

CoyoteYankee
11-07-10, 04:20 PM
Disgusting, but we just got a gift from the Lions with that incompletion. 1:40. Let's do it.

That was an awful play call by the Lions. What were they thinking?

dabomb2045
11-07-10, 04:21 PM
Wow. What a turnaround....might as well call this the Great Escape if we can somehow pull a win out here.

AMYanks
11-07-10, 04:27 PM
Folk could make 100 FGs in a row... I'll still be frightened whenever I see him on the field...

AMYanks
11-07-10, 04:27 PM
Thank you Folk!!!

YanksFan1992
11-07-10, 04:28 PM
I saw that comeback coming a mile away.

machphantom
11-07-10, 04:28 PM
Wow had 0 business winning that game, but you take a W any way you can get it.

CoyoteYankee
11-07-10, 04:29 PM
Ugly game but huge win!

hellonewman
11-07-10, 04:29 PM
I saw that comeback coming a mile away.You have better vision than I do.

Wow, great one to win but GOT TO start playing better than this.

Yankeesfan924
11-07-10, 04:33 PM
That was an awful play call by the Lions. What were they thinking?

They don't like the Patriots?

CoyoteYankee
11-07-10, 04:34 PM
They don't like the Patriots?

Can't blame them there.

dabomb2045
11-07-10, 04:36 PM
Wow. Shocking....but awesome comeback. Sanchez played like a superstar those last 3 drives. Tomlinson was huge on the game tying drive. Holmes had his first real big game as a Jet.

Ugly? Yes. Do we need to play better? WITHOUT A DOUBT. But you take wins anyway you can get them. Call them lucky if you want....a win is a win and we're back in 1st.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
11-08-10, 12:37 AM
With the next three games being @ CLE, vs. HOU, and vs. CIN, I could see them going into New England at 9-2 - at least 8-3, I'd think.

Jace
11-08-10, 12:48 AM
I think the Jet offense has been erratic enough to not be confident about these 3 coming games, especially considering the 2 teams CLE just beat, Houston being unpredictably explosive, etc. Honestly, its just parity. the entire league seems close even for the NFL this year, outside of basically the Giants' past 5 games

However, the D has continued to be very solid, and Revis looks like a complete beast again. Just keep Mr. Hillis from eating the entire clock next week. I still remember this game from when we were still an unbeatable juggernaught 2 years ago:

2008-11-30, DEN 34 @ NJY 17, 22 carries for 129 yards
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HillPe00/gamelog/

he had like 150 total career yards before that day. god i hated that game

dabomb2045
11-08-10, 02:20 AM
With the next three games being @ CLE, vs. HOU, and vs. CIN, I could see them going into New England at 9-2 - at least 8-3, I'd think.

I think it goes w/o saying that we cant sleep on the Browns game....a few weeks ago that looked like a gimme. Not anymore...they've beaten the Saints and Pats last two games. Not shabby. Jets gotta bring a much better effort then they did vs Detroit.

dabomb2045
11-08-10, 02:22 AM
I think the Jet offense has been erratic enough to not be confident about these 3 coming games, especially considering the 2 teams CLE just beat, Houston being unpredictably explosive, etc. Honestly, its just parity. the entire league seems close even for the NFL this year, outside of basically the Giants' past 5 games

However, the D has continued to be very solid, and Revis looks like a complete beast again. Just keep Mr. Hillis from eating the entire clock next week. I still remember this game from when we were still an unbeatable juggernaught 2 years ago:

2008-11-30, DEN 34 @ NJY 17, 22 carries for 129 yards
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HillPe00/gamelog/

he had like 150 total career yards before that day. god i hated that game

Yes I remember this game. IIRC it was the first running back we allowed to do major damage against us all season. I just remember watching it saying over and over again "who the f*ck is this Hillis guy, and why cant we stop him?"

ojo
11-08-10, 01:19 PM
still hanging my hat on the concept that LT's pussified this team.

Greene would better enforce the 'we're running at and through you, and if you're hurt, then well...good' type of approach.

Sanchez isn't good enough to win with the LT style of running.

again, i have zero way of quantifying or qualifying this.

just saying there's a reason why Rodney Hampton always had more carries than David Meggett.

more baseless crap.

just ignore me LOL...

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
11-08-10, 01:42 PM
still hanging my hat on the concept that LT's pussified this team.

Greene would better enforce the 'we're running at and through you, and if you're hurt, then well...good' type of approach.

again, i have zero way of quantifying or qualifying this.

just saying there's a reason why Rodney Hampton always had more carries than David Meggett.

more baseless crap.

just ignore me LOL...

Tomlinson is on pace for 1198 yards - he must be doing something right.

Jace
11-08-10, 02:13 PM

Sanchez needs the LT style of back who is really good at short receiving and making a guy miss when sanchez cant find the options downfield. Saved the last drive in regulation about twice yesterday

Greene cant provide that, neither could Jones

GordonGecko
11-08-10, 02:21 PM
The problem is still and will always be Brian Schottenheimer until he finally gets fired

kan_t
11-08-10, 02:23 PM
The problem is still and will always be Brian Schottenheimer until he finally gets fired
It will be interesting to see what he (and Sanchez) will do against the Browns. The Browns defense totally confused Brady and Brees in the past two games.

Melan-cynic
11-08-10, 02:28 PM
Amen.

ojo
11-08-10, 03:28 PM
Tomlinson is on pace for 1198 yards - he must be doing something right.

again, i simply cannot back this up with anything.

but...(and here comes the fruit, garbage can lids, etc).

LT is a soft runner who will become exposed when the elements turn.

SD didn't win anything in his prime.

i'm just saying. Greene's your ticket to wins this winter. not LT.

(ducks behind wife)

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
11-08-10, 03:37 PM
Getting tired of people, including many Jets fans, pissing and moaning about how this team is lucky and isn't playing good football. It's like the only thing that people want to talk about on wfan and 1050. I spared myself the agita of listening to Francesa. When it's playoff time, nobody gives a flying f*** about how they won in week 9. But since the Jets talk a lot and are were on hard knocks, it's like ordained from above that they must always be judged more harshly and held to a higher standard. 6-2, first place, Sanchez making huge throws late, 4-0 on the road. That's what really matters.

But I agree about Schittenheimer, he's gotta go. Jets FINALLY had a 300 yard game from the qb and it's only because Sanchez took over the playcalling late in the game.

GordonGecko
11-08-10, 05:49 PM
Getting tired of people, including many Jets fans, pissing and moaning about how this team is lucky and isn't playing good football
SOJ may be dead, but SOJF are alive and well :)

just-blaze
11-09-10, 02:06 AM
Amen.

Unfortunately, Im going to have to jump on this bandwagon as well.

His gimmick bs is good for offenses with less talent, but with what we have we should do less of the wildcat and the circus endarounds.

AMYanks
11-09-10, 02:23 AM
Whenever Sanchez gets his way (a rarity), the offense takes off. On the one hand, I love that our 2nd year 24 year old QB has such a great feel for his offense. On the other, it tells you that Schotty is stubborn and incompetent.

Too many tricks, too much pre-snap motion, too many substitutions after every play. Sanchez just wants to line up and go after the defense, and when we do that, we're successful.

And please, stop with the 2 yard slant pass. It's a stupid play, especially when it's 3rd and 8 (as it was early in the Detroit game).

Melan-cynic
11-09-10, 12:16 PM
Whenever Sanchez gets his way (a rarity), the offense takes off. On the one hand, I love that our 2nd year 24 year old QB has such a great feel for his offense. On the other, it tells you that Schotty is stubborn and incompetent.

Too many tricks, too much pre-snap motion, too many substitutions after every play. Sanchez just wants to line up and go after the defense, and when we do that, we're successful.

And please, stop with the 2 yard slant pass. It's a stupid play, especially when it's 3rd and 8 (as it was early in the Detroit game).
Great post which is literally exactly how I feel. The bold part is especially on the money. I'm sure every die-hard Jets fan has been yelling the same thing at his/her TV when those bubble screens and 3yd slants are called.

Jax Teller
11-09-10, 05:41 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/11/04/nfl-midseason-all-pro-team-awards/index.html

Brandon Moore makes Peter King's mid-season All Pro team.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
11-10-10, 12:19 PM

I think Sanchez is good enough to win with any style of running, didn't you see the last two drives against Detroit?

AMYanks
11-10-10, 02:46 PM
Rex dressed like Rob during his press conference today. :lol:

http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/607/robryan.gif

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
11-10-10, 05:59 PM
:roflmao:

AMYanks
11-11-10, 06:55 PM
We might finally see some more aggressive, hurry up offense.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5793043

It sounds like everyone hates Schotty's style except for Schotty. I'm glad we aren't the only ones.

AMYanks
11-11-10, 07:00 PM
They're also trying to improve the discipline.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/2803/woody-johnson-does-penalty-push-ups-at-practice

In an effort to curb the penalty plague that has overcome the team, New York Jets coach Rex Ryan is demanding team-wide accountability. And when he says "team," he means the entire team, from top to bottom.

The new edict started Wednesday in practice, and it made for a surreal scene on the field: More than 70 grown men doing push-ups at the same time. That included team owner Woody Johnson, ESPNNewYork.com has learned.

That portion of practice was closed to the media, but here's what happened: When there was a penalty, practice was stopped. At that point, everybody member of the organization was required to drop and do 10 push ups, except for the player who was flagged. That player was forced to watch, probably not the most comfortable feeling, especially with your billionaire employer among the push-up crowd.

The crowd included everybody, from Johnson to GM Mike Tannenbaum to Ryan to the assistant coaches to the players to the trainers to the equipment managers. Even the music men, the staff members responsible for cranking the tunes during practice, participated in the punitive push-ups.

I just hope it's being taken seriously. Having literally everyone do push-ups, including Woody, might make it seem like a joke.

dabomb2045
11-11-10, 09:08 PM
We might finally see some more aggressive, hurry up offense.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5793043

It sounds like everyone hates Schotty's style except for Schotty. I'm glad we aren't the only ones.

The possible down side to this is forcing your defense to play more, since you are creating more possessions if you go hurry up alot....they have had a penchant over the past two years of getting worn down late in games.

I dont mind using it maybe once a game to change things up, but I dont wanna see them turn into the Jim Kelly Bills.

AMYanks
11-11-10, 11:25 PM
The possible down side to this is forcing your defense to play more, since you are creating more possessions if you go hurry up alot....they have had a penchant over the past two years of getting worn down late in games.

I dont mind using it maybe once a game to change things up, but I dont wanna see them turn into the Jim Kelly Bills.

You're right, and my hope isn't so much for the hurry up as it's for the simplification of the offense that being more aggressive will bring.

Also, Kyle Wilson will start at nickel this week.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2010/11/rookie-kyle-wilson-to-replace.html#ixzz152MKHaoM

The Daily News has learned that Kyle Wilson will replace Drew Coleman as the starting nickel cornerback against the Browns. The Jets first-round pick has only played a handful of defensive snaps in the past few weeks.

A game tape review revealed that he was in on only two defensive snaps in last week's overtime win against the Lions.

Coleman, who gave up six catches for 101 yards and a touchdown last week, could actually play an equal number of snaps as Wilson on Sunday. It'll depend on how the rookie does early in the game.

Let's hope Wilson can get himself going (turn your head around!). The less Drew Coleman, the better.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
11-11-10, 11:56 PM
So the Jets can go ahead of the Ravens in the conference this weekend. And hopefully the Steelers and Patriots tie or something.

Melan-cynic
11-14-10, 01:35 PM
Way to take advantage of ridiculously good field position. Terrible offensive showing right now and the defense is lucky they only gave up 3 on that opening drive. Jets blitzes are not working and my longtime point about the Jets needing a real passrusher continues as their scheme isn't getting it done. They only have 17 sacks on the year and additionally, they're not even getting much QB pressure either. This team needs to start turning things around.

AMYanks
11-14-10, 01:59 PM
They are really pushing our defense around, and Rex continues to leave us exposed over the middle. You're right Melan, we desperately need a consistent edge rusher, and I've heard this is a strong draft year for pass rushers.

Btw, Pennington's shoulder lasted two passes.

Melan-cynic
11-14-10, 02:21 PM
Wtf kind of 2nd and goal call is that?? I hate going open backfield at the one because you telegraph it's going to be a pass. So simple yet common sense is not common with Schottenheimer. Get him out of here.

I was going to say "unless you go QB draw".

Melan-cynic
11-14-10, 02:55 PM
Got to be ................ing kidding me.

AMYanks
11-14-10, 02:56 PM
So glad we got rid of Feely.

Melan-cynic
11-14-10, 02:58 PM
So glad we got rid of Feely.
Who's 8 for 9 in Arizona.

Jace
11-14-10, 03:08 PM
Good job line, collapsing twice in a row. im so ready to love kellen again. Maybe we should just start Brad Smith

Jace
11-14-10, 03:18 PM
Pretty awesome, we almost have to win with defense now

kan_t
11-14-10, 03:18 PM
The Jets are putting Sanchez at risk by putting him on the field.

JeffWeaverFan
11-14-10, 03:41 PM
All comes down to the defense... Stop 'em!

JeffWeaverFan
11-14-10, 03:49 PM
Well, we got time to get a game winning FG here. Lets do it.

Jace
11-14-10, 03:54 PM
I think that was a bad decision to not make an attempt to score there, relying on the coin flip like that

And Eric Smith and Revis not making plays on the ball when they both had their receivers completely covered was terrible

Jax Teller
11-14-10, 04:04 PM
Pathetic

dabomb2045
11-14-10, 04:06 PM
Offense is to blame as well....3 times inside the Browns 10 and they scored SIX points. And the defense...if you fancy yourself as a "championship" defense, you cant let a rookie QB drive down the field like that and tie the game up. Just cant happen.

kan_t
11-14-10, 04:08 PM
I think that was a bad decision to not make an attempt to score there, relying on the coin flip like that
I think it was a right decision. Sanchez was clearly not 100%. No need to risk an interception there.

AMYanks
11-14-10, 04:09 PM
Drew Coleman saves the day?

Sweet fancy Moses.

just-blaze
11-14-10, 04:14 PM
Why didn't we change up the play after the false start?

CoyoteYankee
11-14-10, 04:22 PM
Oh lord.

Jace
11-14-10, 04:36 PM
No way, they have to win... he would have just had to do the same in overtime (risk throwing a pick), which is exactly what they are doing. If he's in the game, then he's the quarterback and he has the responsibility of winning the game if he has the chance, since there is NO guarantee they get the ball in OT

hellonewman
11-14-10, 04:39 PM
Santonio makes the big play 2 weeks in a row.

CptCrunch
Wow, what a finish. Holmes is fast.

YanksFan1992
:eek:

Jace
hahahahaha

That pick by sanchez was the best thing that could have happened- way better than a punt. The defender should just have knocked it down

CoyoteYankee
Woo hoo!

Needed to score on a TD...couldn't leave it in the hands of Folk again.

hellonewman
11-14-10, 04:40 PM
Yeah you better cheer, Folk, you bum.

hellonewman
11-14-10, 04:40 PM
hahahahaha

That pick by sanchez was the best thing that could have happened- way better than a punt. The defender should just have knocked it downYeah I had the same thought when he did it.

kan_t
11-14-10, 04:44 PM
hahahahaha

That pick by sanchez was the best thing that could have happened- way better than a punt. The defender should just have knocked it down
True. Rookie mistake.

JeffWeaverFan
11-14-10, 04:53 PM
Well that was pretty awesome.

dabomb2045
11-14-10, 04:59 PM
So glad Sanchez and Holmes won the game there....and we didnt have to suffer thru another Folk FG attempt (and likely another miss). Sanchez is coming of age folks. I thought today he was brilliant. Played thru that injury--how many plays did he make escaping sacks/avoiding pressure? And then finding someone downfield? It was amazing. He really did not make any bad throws, the only one I can remember was the dropped INT by Elam.

One thing I will say is that the Jets need to figure out a way to get Keller back into the offense. I understand teams gameplan for him and constantly have him doubled....but the Jets gotta adjust and find a way to get him the ball more like they were the first few games.

Mark19
11-14-10, 05:03 PM
Exciting game, lucky to get the win, impressed with Sanchez's ability to scramble free ---- Nick Folk is a putz, missing 40+ on a windy day is understandable, choking away a 24 yarder is totally unacceptable.

dabomb2045
11-14-10, 05:20 PM
Exciting game, lucky to get the win, impressed with Sanchez's ability to scramble free ---- Nick Folk is a putz, missing 40+ on a windy day is understandable, choking away a 24 yarder is totally unacceptable.

Agreed. Im not gonna get on Folk for missing two near 50 yarders a) into the wind and b) on a ................ty grass field....but the 24 yard miss just cant happen.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
11-14-10, 05:20 PM
1) Glad to win
2) Mark Sanchez for offensive coordinator
3) Any place kickers on the market?

Jace
11-14-10, 05:26 PM
I wonder if cotchery tore his balls in half catching that crazy ball at midfield. We'll see if he's back anytime soon

Melan-cynic
11-14-10, 05:28 PM
Holmes is a beast. What a skillset. Great hands, great speed, great route-running and a knack for making the big play in the big spot.

That said, the play JCotch made for that first down was one of the guttiest, inspired piece of football I've seen from a Jet in sometime. Also, Sanchez is showing a Roethlisberger-esqe ability of making something out of nothing when most other QB's are sacked for a big loss.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
11-14-10, 05:40 PM
So...let's go Steelers?

Jax Teller
11-14-10, 05:43 PM
Schotty & Folk need to go.

Melan-cynic
11-14-10, 06:02 PM
Schotty & Folk need to go.
Fact.

dabomb2045
11-14-10, 06:04 PM
I doubt there is anyone on the waiver wire that would be an upgrade over Folk

dabomb2045
11-14-10, 06:05 PM
And I agree on Schottenheimer

AMYanks
11-14-10, 06:09 PM
Sanchez is showing signs of Favre in his prime; making something out of nothing, getting the big play in the big spot, and sometimes looking ugly doing it.

We're a pass-rusher and cover safety away from having a real special team. And a kicker...

dabomb2045
11-14-10, 06:26 PM
Sanchez is showing signs of Favre in his prime; making something out of nothing, getting the big play in the big spot, and sometimes looking ugly doing it.

We're a pass-rusher and cover safety away from having a real special team. And a kicker...

The lack of pass rush is an issue. Teams pick up our blitzes for the most part. We do not have the ability to generate a consistent pass rush with the DL or LB'ers. This team desperately needs a bigtime pass rusher from the DE or LB position.

DrNick
11-14-10, 07:50 PM
With the Jets taking the training wheels off of Sanchez, he is becoming a fun QB to watch.

Jax Teller
11-14-10, 09:35 PM
Folk reminds me of Farnsworth. He has the tools to get the job done every outing but is so incredibly erratic to the point where the easiest task (PAT) becomes a hold your breath situation.

Melan-cynic
11-14-10, 10:01 PM
I miss DRobertson. Especially his attempts to knock Revis. He must be hanging out with Calvin Johnson on the island.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
11-14-10, 10:24 PM
I miss DRobertson. Especially his attempts to knock Revis. He must be hanging out with Calvin Johnson on the island.

Amazing what a healed hamstring can do.

Melan-cynic
11-14-10, 11:12 PM
Amazing what a healed hamstring can do.
Yep. This is what a 100% healthy Darrelle does, which is why it was silly to say we can't expect the same from him this year that we got last year.

GordonGecko
11-15-10, 12:19 AM
That pick by sanchez was the best thing that could have happened- way better than a punt.
absolutely, if a jet catches it, game over. If not, better than a punt & live to fight another play

And how about that catch by Crotchinjury??

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
11-15-10, 02:08 PM

Nah...I say Steve Young. Sanchez has been too intelligent with the football to warrant a Favre comparison.

Great win by the Jets. Every week, they prove why this is not the SOJ.

AMYanks
11-15-10, 02:26 PM
Nah...I say Steve Young. Sanchez has been too intelligent with the football to warrant a Favre comparison.

Great win by the Jets. Every week, they prove why this is not the SOJ.

Favre in his prime didn't make that many mistakes. He's just ruined his reputation the last few years.

But if Sanchez is half as proficient as Young ever was, I'll do backflips.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
11-15-10, 02:41 PM
Favre in his prime didn't make that many mistakes. He's just ruined his reputation the last few years.

What? His best season ever was last year, and he's thrown ridiculous interceptions in his prime. 23 in two straight seasons, 1998 and 1999.

I'm not declaring or guaranteeing that Sanchez will be Steve Young, but I see more of Steve Young in his game than Favre.

AMYanks
11-15-10, 03:50 PM
What? His best season ever was last year, and he's thrown ridiculous interceptions in his prime. 23 in two straight seasons, 1998 and 1999.

Two down years in a 9 year span. My point was, like Favre, he'll take risks down the field and plays his best football in chaotic situations.

But I don't care, Favre or Young, if his production is in the same ballpark as either years from now we'll all be thrilled.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
11-15-10, 04:02 PM
But I don't care, Favre or Young, if his production is in the same ballpark as either years from now we'll all be thrilled.

That I agree with. He's taken huge strides this year.

AMYanks
11-18-10, 07:04 PM
Cotchery probably out Sunday. Jarron Gilbert was cut to create a roster spot, probably for WR Patrick Turner.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/11/jets_waive_defensive_lineman_j.html

dabomb2045
11-21-10, 03:53 PM
What a choke job/collapse by the defense in the 4th quarter. Just awful. On a side note, the Jets better figure out how to run block again. As well as Sanchez is playing lately, they cant go far with a one dimensional offense.

Melan-cynic
11-21-10, 04:00 PM
Said it all year. Overrated defense that's always and still does need a real edge rusher. Can't stop a big offense and choked away the game today. Putrid.

AMYanks
11-21-10, 04:01 PM
Same old Jets.

I wonder if Rex will blame the crowd again. God knows it can't be his precious overrated piece of ................ defense.

Mark19
11-21-10, 04:01 PM
Wow, that was an epic collapse, definitely not ready for primetime

Jace
11-21-10, 04:02 PM
That was the worst late game collapse ive seen in awhile, maybe not in terms of total points (although 16 is a ton), but in terms of screwing up every single play

- Greene obviously needs to be put out of his misery
- The secondary, both Revis and Cromartie, just lost their receivers for HUGE plays
- The pass rush got NOWHERE near Schaub, ever. 4 man rush or blitzing
- The offensive line was horrific today, both pass and run. Sanchez's best plays were when he was dodging 3 defenders, again

dabomb2045
11-21-10, 04:02 PM
I had posted prior to the draft last year that this team had to get a big time pass rusher....whether it was in Round 1 or at some point in the draft. IIRC I was shot down by some people here, saying a Ryan defense doesnt need a true pass rusher cuz its built on blitzes.

Well....when teams gameplan for the blitzes and stop them (which is what happens most of the time now) there is nobody on the defense who can generate a pass rush on their own. Nobody. Schaub had so much friggin time to throw today it was ridiculous. You cant expect a secondary to be able to cover people forever....if the QB has 3 hours to throw the ball and move around, he'll eventually find someone.

Meanwhile how annoying was it to see Mario Williams basically get near Sanchez on every play in the 2nd half? That is the type of pass rusher this defense needs.

Mark19
11-21-10, 04:06 PM
Yeah, Revis Island was definitely accepting visitors today

Melan-cynic
11-21-10, 04:07 PM
Yeah, Revis Island was definitely accepting visitors today
Wtf are you talking about? He shutdown Johnson the entire game... Gave up one big catch and was a victim of a broken play caught in between QB scramble/throw where the safety was nowhere to be found.

Mark19
11-21-10, 04:09 PM
Wtf are you talking about? He shutdown Johnson the entire game... Gave up one big catch and was a victim of a broken play where the safety was nowhere to be found.

Precisely, he let Johnson get a huge grab at a critical juncture -- Revis wasn't the main problem but it wasn't his finest day either

Jace
11-21-10, 04:09 PM
Wtf are you talking about? He shutdown Johnson the entire game... Gave up one big catch and was a victim of a broken play caught in between QB scramble/throw where the safety was nowhere to be found.

Definitely played well, the only real big play he gave up was just when the rest of the team was collapsing around him

Melan-cynic
11-21-10, 04:10 PM
Holy ................ holy ................ holy ................ holy ................

AMYanks
Mark Sanchez is the mother f**king truth.

Melan-cynic
Precisely, he let Johnson get a huge grab at a critical juncture -- Revis wasn't the main problem but it wasn't his finest day either
Sorry. He was great all game. One big catch doesn't change that.

dabomb2045
Omfg!!!

Jace
my god

Melan-cynic
11-21-10, 04:11 PM
Holy ................

Mark19
11-21-10, 04:13 PM
That was impressive

dabomb2045
Mark Sanchez is becoming an elite QB before our eyes. Truth.

Melan-cynic
Who wants to talk ................ about Sanchez now MFER!

YanksFan1992
11-21-10, 04:16 PM
Holy mother of god.

Mark19
11-21-10, 04:16 PM
That was really impressive, Sanchez is performing beyond all expectations

Jace
11-21-10, 04:17 PM
man, what huge problems to confront even with that man miracle. We really need greene to be someone that can help us finish out games, we need the line to hold up, and we need to pressure the opposing QB. Not worried about the secondary (except for maybe Eric Smith), that was just fluky at the wrong time

AMYanks
11-21-10, 04:19 PM
We really really really really really really really really really need a pass-rusher.

dabomb2045
11-21-10, 04:23 PM
We really really really really really really really really really need a pass-rusher.

Yeah this must be addressed in the draft or FA next year. Unfortunately, there isnt much that can be done to fix it now.

dabomb2045
11-21-10, 04:24 PM
man, what huge problems to confront even with that man miracle. We really need greene to be someone that can help us finish out games, we need the line to hold up, and we need to pressure the opposing QB. Not worried about the secondary (except for maybe Eric Smith), that was just fluky at the wrong time

The two main problems that I see right now are the lack of pass rush and our running game. The running game has really not been dynamic since the Minnesota game....O line is just not run blocking well.

Sam18
11-21-10, 04:39 PM
I liked how we were gonna lose but then we didn't.

Yankeesfan924
11-21-10, 04:46 PM
Page 65: D:
Page 66: :D

just-blaze
11-21-10, 04:55 PM
Glad I didn't watch the game and just saw the end result. :eek:

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
11-21-10, 05:45 PM
I was ready to Hulk smash the bar I was at.

Thanks, Sanchez, for saving me from a mug shot.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
11-21-10, 05:47 PM
This is an 8-2 team that could be 5-5....they better freaking take advantage.

Soriambi
11-21-10, 05:58 PM
Awesome game to be at. I'm really liking the way this team is pulling wins from the jaws of defeat. It feels like prior Jets teams would have been losing these games, but the 2010 Jets are just finding ways to win. I would like to see a solid win against the Bengals, though. I don't know if I can take another nailbiter.

By the way, the fans today were absolutely embarrassing. The place was probably at least 2/3rds empty when Holmes scored the go-ahead TD. It didn't look good, but it was pretty obvious they were going to get the ball back down by 1 score after the INT.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
11-21-10, 06:14 PM
And as I'm watching this Colts/Patriots games...freaking Danny Woodhead.

dabomb2045
11-21-10, 06:28 PM
Woodhead is the new Kevin Faulk

AMYanks
11-21-10, 06:30 PM
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/5417/jetsgroundedtoosoon.jpg

Someone's getting fired.

AMYanks
11-21-10, 06:40 PM
Yeah this must be addressed in the draft or FA next year. Unfortunately, there isnt much that can be done to fix it now.

If Pace can get back to 100% (he said he probably won't be the rest of the year), at least that would be something.

LaMarr Woodley might be a free agent, I think it depends on the new CBA rules.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
11-21-10, 06:45 PM
Any word on Woody? I saw him leave early, but there was no volume at the bar and didn't notice whether or not he came back.

AMYanks
11-21-10, 06:46 PM
#Jets Damien Woody has a right MCL injury. Doctors will take another look 2morrow. He's not ruling himself out for Thurs v Bengals. #nfl
10 minutes ago via web

From Woody:

damienwoody

To Jet Nation, thanks 4 all the luv! Ain't nunthin that treatment & a lil TLC can't handle.....see y'all Thursday night!

dabomb2045
11-21-10, 07:09 PM
I thought for sure when I first saw Woody's injury....that it was a season ender. It looked rather ugly the way the knee got bent back and then buckled on him. Very lucky it doesnt seem to be that serious.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
11-21-10, 07:16 PM
I thought for sure when I first saw Woody's injury....that it was a season ender. It looked rather ugly the way the knee got bent back and then buckled on him. Very lucky it doesnt seem to be that serious.

I was assuming ACL.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
11-21-10, 10:04 PM
Santonio Holmes...best trade ever?

AMYanks
11-21-10, 11:19 PM
Santonio Holmes...best trade ever?

Probably. But I still can't believe we got our franchise QB for a 2nd and roster filler.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
11-21-10, 11:55 PM
Well, it's apparent now that the Jets are the best football team in New Jersey.

dabomb2045
11-22-10, 12:02 AM
Probably. But I still can't believe we got our franchise QB for a 2nd and roster filler.

I dont think Tannenbaum gets enough credit from the mainstream public. He is a GREAT GM.

Axon
11-22-10, 09:28 AM
This team is getting that Patriot "we get all the bounces" stink to it. Which is a good thing.

Soriambi
11-22-10, 09:34 AM
Well, it's apparent now that the Jets are the best football team in New Jersey.

The Bills still own NY, though.

Jax Teller
11-22-10, 11:50 AM
All the Giants fans I deal with on a day to day basis are starting to make it hard for me to not care if they win or lose. I'm greatly amused at the fact that so many are crying about what our & their records should really be. I go into work & instantly I'm bombarded by whiny-ass fans.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
11-22-10, 11:52 AM
All the Giants fans I deal with on a day to day basis are starting to make it hard for me to not care if they win or lose. I'm greatly amused at the fact that so many are crying about what our & their records should really be. I go into work & instantly I'm bombarded by whiny-ass fans.

I was thinking much the same thing. It's getting amusing. I've never really rooted against the Giants, but now I'm almost forced to.

Jax Teller
11-22-10, 12:04 PM
"Our record should be -insert awesome record here- & you guys should be 6-4 at best!"

Why? The Jets were able to finish off their games when playing below their level...the Giants weren't. Stop crying & worry about your own conference. Suck it.

Melan-cynic
11-22-10, 12:42 PM
"Our record should be -insert awesome record here- & you guys should be 6-4 at best!"

Why? The Jets were able to finish off their games when playing below their level...the Giants weren't. Stop crying & worry about your own conference. Suck it.
And maybe beat a good team just once.

johnnyyankee
11-22-10, 12:58 PM
And maybe beat a good team just once.

Like the Patriots?

Melan-cynic
11-22-10, 01:00 PM
Like the Patriots?
:lol: The Giants beat the Patriots?

Typical FAIL genius. If you'd ever visited this thread before you might know by now that I'm a diehard Jets fan.

johnnyyankee
11-22-10, 01:02 PM
:lol: The Giants beat the Patriots?

Typical FAIL genius.

No....the Jets did...Dumbo.

Melan-cynic
11-22-10, 01:04 PM
No....the Jets did...Dumbo.
:lol: Sarcasm detector busted? Thanks for the update, though troll. Too bad I was talking about the Giants...and that they haven't beaten anyone. I'll eagerly await the next of your brilliant posts 6 months from now.

Jax Teller
11-22-10, 01:26 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/2dr9pp5.jpg

False1
11-22-10, 01:27 PM

Why? The Jets were able to finish off their games when playing below their level...the Giants weren't. Stop crying & worry about your own conference. Suck it.Wouldla coulda shoulda. Eli Manning should slide feet first.

Yankeesfan924
11-22-10, 01:29 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/2dr9pp5.jpg

My new desktop.

Jax Teller
11-22-10, 01:34 PM
I didn't notice the "flying" TD dance any other week? Is this a new thing that Sanchez & Holmes do?

Melan-cynic
11-22-10, 01:52 PM
I didn't notice the "flying" TD dance any other week? Is this a new thing that Sanchez & Holmes do?
Yes. I'm waiting for this scoring celebration to be next up:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fwqGRNtHDQg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fwqGRNtHDQg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Soriambi
11-22-10, 02:59 PM

No doubt the NFL will ban it by Thursday.

dabomb2045
11-22-10, 06:05 PM

Im still surprised by the fact that Giants fans hate the Jets....and vice versa. I must live in a different world. The other Jets fans I hang out w/dont hate the Giants, and the Giants fans I know also dont hate the Jets.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
11-23-10, 12:21 PM
Im still surprised by the fact that Giants fans hate the Jets....and vice versa. I must live in a different world. The other Jets fans I hang out w/dont hate the Giants, and the Giants fans I know also dont hate the Jets.

I've always hated the Giants, and I can't stand the Giants fans who claim to root for both teams. That's nonsense, 99% start with the snobbery and take pot shots at the Jets as soon as the Jets become relevant and start making serious noise.

Most of the Jets fans I know either don't care about or hate the Giants. Rooting for both teams is weak anyway. Pick a team and roll with the punches.

Bottom line is that the cream rises to the top. Like I've been telling all the doubters, it doesn't matter how you win games in football, only that you win them. Where have all those style points that the Giants racked up against Seattle and Houston gotten them? 6-4, and on the outside looking in for the playoffs.

GordonGecko
11-23-10, 12:43 PM
Rex Ryan gets most votes as best coach to work for in player survey:
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/3058/rex-gets-love-from-opponents

Axon
11-23-10, 12:52 PM

I don't get that either. Personally, I don't hate the Jets at all. It's not fun watching Big Blue choke, but a Jets win is no different than a Bengals win to me. I do follow their roster and games a bit more because they're in NY as well, so I see it in the paper and hear it on sports talk, but that's about it. There's a lot of sour grapes over the Jets record...which is something I don't understand. They earned those wins in crunch time. Good for them. The team also has holes and I'm not sure if they can depend on those comebacks in the playoffs. To be seen.

Melan-cynic
11-23-10, 01:08 PM
I've always hated the Giants, and I can't stand the Giants fans who claim to root for both teams. That's nonsense, 99% start with the snobbery and take pot shots at the Jets as soon as the Jets become relevant and start making serious noise.

Most of the Jets fans I know either don't care about or hate the Giants. Rooting for both teams is weak anyway. Pick a team and roll with the punches.

Bottom line is that the cream rises to the top. Like I've been telling all the doubters, it doesn't matter how you win games in football, only that you win them. Where have all those style points that the Giants racked up against Seattle and Houston gotten them? 6-4, and on the outside looking in for the playoffs.
I want to make love to this post.

Perfection.

dabomb2045
11-23-10, 01:42 PM

I dont see why this has to be the case. There is no rivalry between the two teams....we play the Giants once every 4 years so its no different then us playing Dallas or something. Its much different them Mets-Yanks to me--Yanks play the Mets six times every year, and Mets fans whine and talk alot of smack. I dont encounter Giants fans who do the same, thus I have no issues rooting for the Giants as well.

Mark19
11-23-10, 04:02 PM
I disagree with the premise that it is weak to support both NY football teams. While I've always been a bigger supporter of the Jets, I certainly like to see the Giants succeed and I would never turn down an opportunity to see one of their games. I was happy when they broke up the Patriots perfect season and I would easily cheer for them over any of the other teams in the NFC East.

I guess for me it is more of a city pride thing. Unlike with the Mets, Giants fans have never really given me any grief about my loyalties. If it is good for the region, I'm down with it.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
11-23-10, 04:38 PM
I guess for me it is more of a city pride thing. Unlike with the Mets, Giants fans have never really given me any grief about my loyalties. If it is good for the region, I'm down with it.

I dont see why this has to be the case. There is no rivalry between the two teams....we play the Giants once every 4 years so its no different then us playing Dallas or something. Its much different them Mets-Yanks to me--Yanks play the Mets six times every year, and Mets fans whine and talk alot of smack. I dont encounter Giants fans who do the same, thus I have no issues rooting for the Giants as well.

No it's not whiny smack talk with Giants fans, just snide condescension.

Took my girlfriend (Eagles fan) to the Eagles - Giants game. I was going for Philly all the way, and it was great watching Peyton's little brother literally fall flat on his face. I felt no guilt whatsoever throwing my lot in with the Philly people. There is no civic pride when almost every player on professional football teams are from places other than where they play. I'm not a New York fan, I'm a New York Jets fan. If the civic pride argument means anything, I guess we should all be Mets fans? :barf:

I'm not saying all Jets fans MUST hate the Giants, or even dislike them. But to be a fan? To actually root for a team other than your own, buy the apparel or feel a sense of satisfaction when they win games is weak. It's a cop out. So if the Jets have a down year, the Jets and Giants fan gets to hop on the Giants bandwagon or vice versa. Weak.

Mark19
11-23-10, 04:50 PM
No it's not whiny smack talk with Giants fans, just snide condescension.

Took my girlfriend (Eagles fan) to the Eagles - Giants game. I was going for Philly all the way, and it was great watching Peyton's little brother literally fall flat on his face. I felt no guilt whatsoever throwing my lot in with the Philly people. There is no civic pride when almost every player on professional football teams are from places other than where they play. I'm not a New York fan, I'm a New York Jets fan. If the civic pride argument means anything, I guess we should all be Mets fans? :barf:

I'm not saying all Jets fans MUST hate the Giants, or even dislike them. But to be a fan? To actually root for a team other than your own, buy the apparel or feel a sense of satisfaction when they win games is weak. It's a cop out. So if the Jets have a down year, the Jets and Giants fan gets to hop on the Giants bandwagon or vice versa. Weak.

I think that I made it pretty clear that the Mets are exempt from this, given the garbage I've heard from legions of their supporters over the last few decades. I'm sorry if Giants fans have given you a hard time, I guess I'm fortunate in that most of the ones I know are pretty indifferent about the Jets.

I've picked my favorites but I still fail to see what is so wrong with taking an active interest in another team if it doesn't conflict with your 1st choice.

I was born and raised in New York but have spent the last 8 years living in the Washington DC area. The Yankees are miles ahead of any other team in terms of sports loyalty but that doesn't stop me from going to Nationals games on a regular basis and enjoying myself. I'm not particularly bothered when they lose but if they win, I think it is cool. They don't compete with the Yankees and likely won't play a really meaningful game against them for a very long time. What's so wrong with that?

just-blaze
11-23-10, 05:41 PM
I guess I'm fortunate in that most of the ones I know are pretty indifferent about the Jets.

Ill say.

My very close cousin, didn't give one call to me during our playoff run last year until the 4th quarter of the AFC championship game. Wonder why?

I will say fans outside the city are far less worse than the ones living in or around the city.

Melan-cynic
11-23-10, 05:55 PM
LOL @ Owens calling Darrelle an average corner:

http://www.thejetsblog.com/2010/11/23/buzz-t-o-not-impressed-with-revis/

dabomb2045
11-23-10, 07:38 PM
I feel the same way as Mark. I will be moving away from NY soon....down to Orlando FL. I will always be a Knicks fan #1 in basketball, but this wont stop me from also likely attending many Orlando Magic games and rooting for them independent of the Knicks. I dont see what the problem w that is.

I treat the Giants the same way. The Jets are my #1, always will be, and thats the team I own jerseys/hats etc with. But I cheer for the Giants as well. For me, Mets/Yanks is different because a) there is more a rivalry and b) I have to deal with annoying Mets fans.

AMYanks
11-24-10, 01:12 AM
LOL @ Owens calling Darrelle an average corner:

http://www.thejetsblog.com/2010/11/23/buzz-t-o-not-impressed-with-revis/

Owens was shut down twice last year by an average corner. I wonder what that makes him...

kan_t
11-24-10, 09:03 AM
Owens was shut down twice last year by an average corner. I wonder what that makes him...
When TO is in his prime, I doubt there is a CB that can shut him down. But now he has passed his prime, I think Revis is going to shut him down again.

GordonGecko
11-24-10, 10:35 AM

haha, anyone have Revis's cell number - that needs to be texted to him for material on Thursday

Brooklyn Yankee Fan
11-24-10, 10:40 AM
I haven't posted much in this thread at all this season (hell, I haven't posted on the forums in general since the Yankees season ended), but I truly hope we don't have a stressful game tomorrow night. A full stomach surely cannot bode well with what could be a fourth-straight game coming down to the wire.

dabomb2045
11-24-10, 10:53 AM
Yes a nice comfortable win would be good tommorrow. The Bengals are done and there seems to be alot of friction on that team between players. They just got outscored by the friggin Bills 42-0 in the 2nd half a few days ago. They are likely the type of team that if you get ahead of them 10-0, 14-0 early...they will fold.

I really would like to see the Jets come out and play great football for 60 minutes (something we havent done in awhile) and put this team away early.

GordonGecko
11-24-10, 10:56 AM
Actually I think it would be funny to be down 24-20 with 20 seconds to go and see Santonio Holmes gets a 50 yard TD pass :)

But seriously, the weather is going to play a role tomorrow night, it's going to be cold and rainy so the running game may play big.

You can pick up some cheap tickets (and getting cheaper) on stubhub http://www.stubhub.com/new-york-jets-tickets/jets-vs-bengals-new-meadowlands-stadium-957270

Melan-cynic
11-24-10, 12:15 PM
haha, anyone have Revis's cell number - that needs to be texted to him for material on Thursday
Revis already responded in the link I provided:

That didn’t sit well with Revis, who told reporters at the time, “He just put a big chip on my shoulder.”

Snatch Catch
11-24-10, 03:09 PM
When TO is in his prime, I doubt there is a CB that can shut him down. But now he has passed his prime, I think Revis is going to shut him down again.

TO in his prime was a lot like Andre Johnson, just not as good, right?

dabomb2045
11-25-10, 09:41 PM
Why cant the Jets just ever come out and bury a bad team? I mean again...the team came out kinda flat tonight. Dumb penalties are killing them.

just-blaze
11-25-10, 09:47 PM
Can we fire Schottenheimer at halftime?

Jax Teller
11-25-10, 09:57 PM
Lol Folk

just-blaze
11-25-10, 09:58 PM
And Folk.

Mark19
11-25-10, 09:59 PM
Folk is done -- the dude simply can't handle it

AMYanks
11-25-10, 10:02 PM
Please cut this POS Folk. A bad kicker never changes his stripes. He'll never make a kick in a big game.

Not that he's the big issue right now.

just-blaze
11-25-10, 10:06 PM
Please cut this POS Folk. A bad kicker never changes his stripes. He'll never make a kick in a big game.

Not that he's the big issue right now.

^this.

Bad coaching and bs penalties are why we are behind currently.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
11-25-10, 10:13 PM
Well, that's a good start to the half.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
11-25-10, 10:31 PM
F***ing crappy penalties.

Jax Teller
11-25-10, 10:42 PM
Sex..

Jax Teller
11-25-10, 10:48 PM
Do the Jets get called for at least 10 penalties a game? It sure feels like it

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
11-25-10, 11:00 PM
Brad Smith. <3

Jax Teller
11-25-10, 11:02 PM
Brad Smith is a God

Mark19
11-25-10, 11:03 PM
Smith has been so valuable this year

Melan-cynic
11-25-10, 11:11 PM
He better get signed before anyone else gets a shot at em.

Jace
11-25-10, 11:20 PM
Its really no wonder Theismann basically got kicked off the MNF booth. He's just really often wrong, gets like angry/offended at things in the game for no reason, and constantly gets in fights with his co-anchors/color commentators

AMYanks
11-25-10, 11:21 PM
At least Sanchez's terrible game is against the Bengals. Let's hope he's getting it out of his system and this isn't the start of a bad stretch.

And it looks like we might finally have a pass-rush again. Pace said his foot was finally 100%, and he's been like his old self tonight.

Jax Teller
11-25-10, 11:23 PM
Theismann really is a clueless asshole.

Jax Teller
11-25-10, 11:25 PM
He just doesn't stfu...time to put the game on mute.

dabomb2045
11-25-10, 11:32 PM
Not thrilled with the offense tonight....I actually thought Schottenheimer was too predictable today. Too much running on 1st/2nd down. More upset w/him then I am the players on offense. Sanchez wasnt terrible--he just has to remember that sometimes the best play you can make is to just throw the ball away and live to fight to the next play.

Best parts about this game were Brad Smith and the defense. The TD run was setup beautifully...and the kick return was just an amazing effort. Best game the defense has played in awhile IMO. Nice to see them finally get some sacks and consistent pressure on the QB. Revis made TO a non-factor again. Benson was shutdown. They might have given up less then 10 points if not for that bogus personal foul on Coleman.

Goes without saying that they need to bring their A+ game up to Foxboro next week if they wanna get a win up there.

Jax Teller
11-25-10, 11:37 PM
I can't believe I missed the safety...how often do you get to see that?

Jace
11-25-10, 11:40 PM
Well, the line against the patriots will probably be something like 5 or 6 points, and I think the game may end up closer than that

I think the Jets match up ok with what is definitely a better offensive but weaker defensive team than them. Revis, Cromartie, and Pace will be really important in keeping the passing game in check- Brady will probably being going over the middle a ton to Hernandez and Gronkowski

Jax Teller
11-26-10, 12:24 AM
http://i51.tinypic.com/1z6axdc.jpg

just-blaze
11-26-10, 12:44 AM
I actually thought Schottenheimer was too predictable today.

I thought his first half was horrible. Im tired of the wildcat......but his endarounds do come in handy once a game or so and it sure as hell did today.

Sanchez wasnt terrible--he just has to remember that sometimes the best play you can make is to just throw the ball away and live to fight to the next play.

Agreed.....but he has definitely worked on his Favreitis.

Goes without saying that they need to bring their A+ game up to Foxboro next week if they wanna get a win up there.

Meh....I would like to see a game where they can put it all together consistantly, BUT that being said...NE has their flaws as well and I don't think we need our A+ game to beat them. It's just going to be a close game regardless of what game we bring.

just-blaze
11-26-10, 12:49 AM
FWIW-Eric Smith isnt "great" at coverage but I love the fact that he never gets shortchanged on his hits.

Jax Teller
11-26-10, 01:15 AM
Props to Josh Mauga on special teams tonight.

just-blaze
11-26-10, 01:30 AM
Props to Josh Mauga on special teams tonight.

Definitely.....unheralded props to Harris as well. He needs more recognition for what he does.

He might not be a ProBowl linebacker, but he definitely is a starting mic for a superbowl contender.

Melan-cynic
11-26-10, 01:44 AM
Darrelle Revis is an average corner. :roflmao:

JeffWeaverFan
11-26-10, 03:47 AM
The two PF calls against us on defense were the biggest joke I've ever seen. Other than that, the offense (and Sanchez in particular) didn't play well at all. In the end it was a 16 point win and we got the Patsies in a week and a half. We've beaten those suckers once, and can beat them again.

TheoShmeo
11-26-10, 10:56 AM
With the Jets' 26-10 win over the hapless Bengals (2-9) on Thanksgiving night, Rex Ryan was feeling confident and chatty, as usual, as his 9-2 team looks ahead to facing the 9-2 Patriots on Dec. 6.

Even after watching his Jets struggle on offense and quarterback Mark Sanchez play his worst game in five weeks, Ryan was eager to offer some pre-New England trash talking.

"Our football team believes we can beat anybody, and we're going to prove it," the coach said. "We've won eight in a row on the road, and we plan on making it nine."

He added with more than a hint of sarcasm: "Clearly, they're the best team in football. That's what all the experts say, except me."
If I was a Jets fan, I'd love that comment.

As a Pats fan, I hope Rex keeps it up. It might help the Pats and it certainly couldn't hurt.

Melan-cynic
11-26-10, 11:28 AM
As a Pats fan, I hope Rex keeps it up. It might help the Pats and it certainly couldn't hurt.
Riiight. Guess you ignored Ryan's comments on the field immediately following the game where he showed bigtime respect for the Patriots, specifically Brady/Belichick, and without any hint of sarcasm. Nice try though.

The two PF calls against us on defense were the biggest joke I've ever seen.
QFT. And just add those to Jim Leonard getting flagged for unnecessary roughness for tackling a WR in bounds or Shaun Ellis getting a personal foul for tackling a dude before he went out of bounds. Ridiculous.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
11-26-10, 12:11 PM
Same old Jets - gone. Same old Jets fans - alive and well. How the hell does a 9-2 team get booed off the field at halftime. Anyway, I thought the D played its best game in a while, Brad Smith was tremendous. Jason Taylor finally had his name called a couple times, and I thought the linebackers had an outstanding game as a whole. 7 times Cedric Benson was stopped for no gain or a loss.

dabomb2045
11-26-10, 12:16 PM
Yeah I didnt get the booing either. That was ridiculous and I wanted to make a post about it....just forgot. Booing a 8-2 team for being down FOUR points at halftime? Between this and the stadium emptying out at 27-23 last week....Jets fans in general leave much to be desired.

TheoShmeo
11-26-10, 01:06 PM
Riiight. Guess you ignored Ryan's comments on the field immediately following the game where he showed bigtime respect for the Patriots, specifically Brady/Belichick, and without any hint of sarcasm. Nice try though.

Nice try at what?

I didn't ignore Rex's post-game comments...I didn't see them. All I have seen about this is what's in that article. And, yeah, I stand by what I said: I'd love Rex's comments if I was a Jets fan and think that the Pats might be able to make some use of them, so I love them as a Pats fan, too.

And whether Rex was more complimentary in his other comments is irrelevant to me. Belichick has shown that he can make use of the wind blowing the wrong way to play up the "disrespect card." Rex's comments provide him some fodder and that's nothing but good in my view, regardless of whether he was otherwise respectful.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
11-26-10, 03:06 PM
I can't wait to hear from sundry experts on Sunday how the Jets aren't legitimate at 9-2. :snooze:

NYJets37
11-26-10, 08:24 PM
Nice try at what?

I didn't ignore Rex's post-game comments...I didn't see them. All I have seen about this is what's in that article. And, yeah, I stand by what I said: I'd love Rex's comments if I was a Jets fan and think that the Pats might be able to make some use of them, so I love them as a Pats fan, too.

And whether Rex was more complimentary in his other comments is irrelevant to me. Belichick has shown that he can make use of the wind blowing the wrong way to play up the "disrespect card." Rex's comments provide him some fodder and that's nothing but good in my view, regardless of whether he was otherwise respectful.

That's great, and I'm sure Rex will play up the fact that the Pats will be favorites, and are currently given a lot more respect than the Jets, even though they have the same record and the Jets beat them rather easily last time.

It's a game for first place, and maybe the difference between homefield advantage throughout, and having to win 3 road games. None of that stuff matters.

GordonGecko
11-26-10, 08:57 PM
Yeah I didnt get the booing either. That was ridiculous and I wanted to make a post about it....just forgot. Booing a 8-2 team for being down FOUR points at halftime? Between this and the stadium emptying out at 27-23 last week....Jets fans in general leave much to be desired.

People were booing Folk, and I was right there booing with them

TheoShmeo
11-27-10, 06:24 PM
That's great, and I'm sure Rex will play up the fact that the Pats will be favorites, and are currently given a lot more respect than the Jets, even though they have the same record and the Jets beat them rather easily last time.

It's a game for first place, and maybe the difference between homefield advantage throughout, and having to win 3 road games. None of that stuff matters.
To the extent that Belichick can use Rex's comments to motivate his team, or increase the motivation of his team, it matters.

Does it remotely overshadow the importance of a good game plan, good execution, good practice and all the more tangible elements? Definitely not.

But the Pats have used perceived slights and comments of opposing players and coaches liberally over the years. That Rex said what he said is like chicken soup -- it might help and couldn't hurt. I just hope that he and his players talk some more between now and game day.

TheoShmeo
11-27-10, 06:26 PM
Folk has been bad but, I dunno, booing your own team during the game? That just seems counter-productive to me.

Soriambi
11-27-10, 06:51 PM
To the extent that Belichick can use Rex's comments to motivate his team, or increase the motivation of his team, it matters.

I hate Belichick and the Patriots, but I have a lot more respect for them than to think they need quotes from another coach to get up for a game against one of their main rivals where both teams are 9-2 battling for first place in the division. If they're not already motivated to the maximum level given the circumstances of the game, there's something wrong with them.

TheoShmeo
11-27-10, 07:30 PM
I hate Belichick and the Patriots, but I have a lot more respect for them than to think they need quotes from another coach to get up for a game against one of their main rivals where both teams are 9-2 battling for first place in the division. If they're not already motivated to the maximum level given the circumstances of the game, there's something wrong with them.
I hear you and I have no doubt that the game itself provides ample motivation. At the same time, the Pats have used comments from players on the Steelers and other top teams over the years as motivation. I suspect that they'll use Rexy's comments and anything similar from the Jets players.

Hell, they used the fact that the Eagles planned a Super Bowl 39 parade -- BB's speech is caught on the NFL Films production -- before a game that was a lot more important than this one.

SI referenced it in its game story:

New England's first two titles came courtesy of Adam Vinatieri field goals in the final seconds--and this victory was only slightly less tense. Again, the Pats relied on their patented formula of individual opportunism, selflessness, innovative game-planning and emotion fueled by perceived disrespect. The last of those came after the Patriots received a copy of an e-mail sent from an Eagles official to a member of the Boston Red Sox organization seeking advice on a prospective victory parade, a missive that Belichick milked for maximum effect during his address to the Pats on Sunday morning at the team's hotel in St. Augustine.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1108526/1/index.htm#ixzz16XDYKInr

Melan-cynic
11-27-10, 08:08 PM
Folk has been bad but, I dunno, booing your own team during the game? That just seems counter-productive to me.
Seriously?

Soriambi
11-27-10, 08:18 PM
I hear you and I have no doubt that the game itself provides ample motivation. At the same time, the Pats have used comments from players on the Steelers and other top teams over the years as motivation. I suspect that they'll use Rexy's comments and anything similar from the Jets players.

Hell, they used the fact that the Eagles planned a Super Bowl 39 parade -- BB's speech is caught on the NFL Films production -- before a game that was a lot more important than this one.

SI referenced it in its game story:

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1108526/1/index.htm#ixzz16XDYKInr

I'm not saying he won't/hasn't used stuff like that, but I kind of have my doubts about whether it truly makes anybody play harder than they would have when it's a big game.

TheoShmeo
11-27-10, 08:18 PM
Seriously?
Yep. I've never understood booing players on my own team. I almost booed Manny Ramirez in July, 2008 as I thought he wasn't trying. But I couldn't bring myself to boo him and other than that one time, booing my own team or a player on my own team has never occurred to me.

Booing the other team or selected visiting players...now that's a different story.

TheoShmeo
11-27-10, 08:20 PM
I'm not saying he won't/hasn't used stuff like that, but I kind of have my doubts about whether it truly makes anybody play harder than they would have when it's a big game.
That BB resorts to this -- and pulled the "no one believes in you" card before the Miami game this year -- tells me that he thinks it has some use. That's good enough for me.

Again, I well understand what you're saying and share the view that other factors are much more important.

PS: I don't know how much this stuff really mattered but the Pats acted as if comments by the Steelers' Anthony Smith amped them up after a game in 2007.

In pursuit of perfection, the Patriots don't require any additional motivation, but there was Pittsburgh second-year free safety Anthony Smith, stoking the competitive inferno of a club that thrives on challenges (real and contrived) by guaranteeing a victory over New England last week. And there was Smith on Sunday afternoon, clearly targeted by coach Bill Belichick and the New England passing game, a bull's-eye figuratively emblazed between the "2" and the "7" on the front of his jersey.

"He basically called us out," said Patriots wide receiver Jabar Gaffney, who caught one of four Tom Brady touchdown passes and one of the two on which the Patriots obviously went after Smith like sharks converging on chum. "He's young. He'll learn."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=3148319

Soriambi
11-27-10, 08:27 PM
That BB resorts to this -- and pulled the "no one believes in you" card before the Miami game this year -- tells me that he thinks it has some use. That's good enough for me.

Again, I well understand what you're saying and share the view that other factors are much more important.

I suppose even if it pumps one player up 1% more than he otherwise would have been pumped up, it's worth it. I also think the stuff that Rex says probably has a similar impact on the Jet players, though, if there is any effect. As a fan, I love it, and I'm sure the players love his confidence as well. I think it was mentioned earlier in this thread that in a recent poll, about 25% of NFL players said that the coach they'd love to play for is Ryan, which was far more than the second place coach. I think there are reasons for that, and one of the major ones is that he says stuff like this. I think that in the end, even if it does ever so slightly motivate the opponent more, it's probably a net positive for the Jets.

TheoShmeo
11-27-10, 08:36 PM
I suppose even if it pumps one player up 1% more than he otherwise would have been pumped up, it's worth it. I also think the stuff that Rex says probably has a similar impact on the Jet players, though, if there is any effect. As a fan, I love it, and I'm sure the players love his confidence as well. I think it was mentioned earlier in this thread that in a recent poll, about 25% of NFL players said that the coach they'd love to play for is Ryan, which was far more than the second place coach. I think there are reasons for that, and one of the major ones is that he says stuff like this. I think that in the end, even if it does ever so slightly motivate the opponent more, it's probably a net positive for the Jets.
I don't know if it's a net negative or positive for the Jets but, yeah, if I was a Jets fan, I'd love the bravado, too. It's part of who Ryan is and how he coaches this team. And it's got to be fun to hear all that confidence.

As a Pats fan, I'll never hear anything remotely like that from Belichick and while I would not want him to change now, I have to admit that Ryan's approach on this stuff is refreshing. I just hope BB makes good use of it.

Yankeesfan924
11-28-10, 02:12 AM
Yep. I've never understood booing players on my own team. I almost booed Manny Ramirez in July, 2008 as I thought he wasn't trying. But I couldn't bring myself to boo him and other than that one time, booing my own team or a player on my own team has never occurred to me.

Booing the other team or selected visiting players...now that's a different story.

The only time I've ever booed my own team was at the UF-USC game earlier this year, when we put up a miserable showing, and the crowd was mainly booing the offensive coordinator's awful and much-criticized performance.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
11-28-10, 08:45 AM
Today kind of sucks, since it feels like a second bye week. However, I'll be travelling and won't be near a TV until 5:00, so it's not the worst thing in the world, I guess.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
11-29-10, 12:41 PM

I disagree, the missed kick wasn't the last play of the half. I think the same old Jets fans were booing the 7-3 score more than Folk.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
11-30-10, 12:35 AM
Man, I'm excited/terrified/excited for this upcoming game.

Snatch Catch
11-30-10, 06:25 AM
Being on the road in one of the toughest places to win in the league, with the offense showing a strong ability to squander, doesn't leave me thinking that they're going to win.

They obviously have a good chance, but I don't view this as an even matchup at this point.

TheoShmeo
11-30-10, 07:27 AM
Being on the road in one of the toughest places to win in the league, with the offense showing a strong ability to squander, doesn't leave me thinking that they're going to win.

They obviously have a good chance, but I don't view this as an even matchup at this point.
With the Pats having won 25 straight at home, I can see why anyone would call Foxboro one of the toughest places to play. That said, due in large part to the construction of the Stadium -- open ends and massive Fidelity Club in the middle with many wine and cheese fans spending time inside during the game -- the crowd noise there is much less of a factor than many other stadiums.

That the Jets pretty much pasted the Pats in Week Two has me a little uneasy heading into this one.

pjfan
11-30-10, 07:43 AM
I have one of those "wouldn't be surprised at any outcome" feelings for this game. I don't think the Jets have any issues going on the road and playing well.

Much like Ryan, I'm excitedly terrified for this game.

Soriambi
11-30-10, 09:28 AM
I have one of those "wouldn't be surprised at any outcome" feelings for this game. I don't think the Jets have any issues going on the road and playing well.

Much like Ryan, I'm excitedly terrified for this game.

I have that kind of feeling for most games in the NFL these days, and this one's no exception. If either team gets blown out I have a feeling it'll be the Jets, but I think it's a lot more likely that it's a close game. I'll pick the Jets to win like I have in every Jets game since I was born.

Jace
11-30-10, 10:03 AM
I think Jets/Patriots line opened at only 3, which is pretty damn low, considering they get 3 for Foxboro and theyve outplayed the jets for weeks