PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 New York Jets Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11

Jax Teller
10-12-10, 12:34 AM
lol if I was a Vikings fan, I wouldn't even sweat this.

Sorry guys, when it comes to the Jets...I turn into Mark19.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-12-10, 12:36 AM

I don't think anyone can blame you.

Mark19
10-12-10, 12:41 AM

Now just think how ridiculous that would be if the Jets were defending champs....

I love this running game, throw Brad Smith into more plays and you've got a new and improved version of earth, wind and fire.

That being said, they could easily have lost this game if they had been playing against a QB with better judgement, I'm sure Rex will let them have it for the late game sloppiness.

dabomb2045
10-12-10, 12:42 AM
Now just think how ridiculous that would be if the Jets were defending champs....

I love this running game, throw Brad Smith into more plays and you've got a new and improved version of earth, wind and fire.

That being said, they could easily have lost this game if they had been playing against a QB with better judgement, I'm sure Rex will let them have it for the late game sloppiness.

Rex should look in the mirror for sending the house on 3rd and 17, and 3rd and 19. Please be more judicious with the blitzes.

Melan-cynic
10-12-10, 12:44 AM
lol @ "how'm I trolling?"

AMYanks
10-12-10, 12:44 AM
I really really really hope Revis is just rusty, and not taking after his Uncle Sean now that he got the one thing he cares about most: $$$. At least now he might shut his mouth for a few weeks.

22 attempts for Sanchez in perfect weather against Baltimore, 44 attempts in tonight's conditions. Schotty can't be having these kind of games if we're going anywhere this season.

Rex and Pettine really need to evaluate the 3rd down defense. The blitzes just aren't working, and the pressure generated by the line is inconsistent at best.

Next week on short rest going across the country is going to be difficult, but Denver is really banged up. Potentially 5-1 heading into the bye (and I would've signed up for 4-2 before the season).

And also, D'Brick was awesome. Really proved how good he is with his shut down of Allen tonight.

kan_t
10-12-10, 12:47 AM
The Jets should beat Denver. No reason not to. They can't run and the Ravens have just shown how a good pass defense can destroy them.

Jax Teller
10-12-10, 12:49 AM
lol @ "how'm I trolling?"

Right? This whole "Aw Shucks, what did I do?" trolling approach is not clever.

dabomb2045
10-12-10, 12:49 AM
Denver worries me a bit because a) its a short week and b) a road game...and playing in Denver is always a challenge.

Jax Teller
10-12-10, 12:50 AM

I'll give you credit though. You do come back to take your medicine & not disappear like Q Bomb.

Definitely loving Brad Smith.

GordonGecko
10-12-10, 12:53 AM
Revis & Holmes looked rusty. Defense was excellent for the first half then let up, Jets need to work on conditioning and playing 60 minutes. As for Sanchez, nice job on no turnovers but please keep to short yardage throws, I get a heart attack every time he lobs it down field. Running game was stellar as usual

kan_t
10-12-10, 12:55 AM
Denver worries me a bit because a) its a short week and b) a road game...and playing in Denver is always a challenge.
They are a much better team than Denver. Denver doesn't have any running game. The Jets DB defense should destroy their passing game. If the Jets somehow find a way to lose this game, I will be very disappointed and surprise.

dabomb2045
10-12-10, 12:57 AM
I'm fine with Sanchez taking his shots down the field. Remember....all of us were complaining about this after the Baltimore game in that every throw was like a 5 yard checkdown. The Vikings gameplanned to take Keller out of it by using most of their safety help over the top on him. For alot of the night, Edwards and Holmes were 1 on 1. When this happens, you have to take shots down the field. Give the Vikings corners credit for shutting down those plays, and Sanchez also missed on a few of them (one when Holmes was open in the end zone comes to mind)....Edwards/Holmes made some nice plays over the middle on slants, but couldnt connect on anything deep.

If the defense gives you those chances, you gotta take them. I expect as the season goes along we will start to connect on them.

Soriambi
10-12-10, 01:07 AM
I just saw part of Rex's press conference. He seemed as surprised as us by the whole throwing before the two minute warning thing. He said he said "yeah, let's throw it," but that he obviously didn't expect to snap the ball that early and that obviously it was a huge mistake.

I'm really happy about this win. I know this team is probably going to end up breaking my heart again, but I'm really gaining more and more confidence. I feel like we're winning games under Ryan that would have been lost in heartbreaking fashion in the past, and I think this team is probably more talented than any other Jets team I've seen in my lifetime.

Jace
10-12-10, 08:20 AM
Good god was that ugly. Revis looked like he was kind of just chilling in the middle of the field, Sanchez was 50/50 with making a great throw and the ball slipping out of his hand, the clock management was gross, the blitz wasn't getting anywhere near Favre

Sanchez needs to keep throwing downfield, its a key component of winning in the NFL right now and he's going to hit on some. The dangerous throws were often short ones anyway, he's got the arm and the weapons and needs to keep stretching the field. Last night obviously was crappy weather for it

Its kind of crazy how hot and cold Favre is. Insanely bad for 2.5 quarters. For that 3 drive, 3 TD stretch, every throw he made was difficult and perfect, there arent many QBs that can match that stretch, probably just Peyton and Brady. and then he completely misses open Percy Harvin 9 yards away and telegraphs a throw to the outside

GordonGecko
10-12-10, 09:11 AM
Good god was that ugly. Revis looked like he was kind of just chilling in the middle of the field, Sanchez was 50/50 with making a great throw and the ball slipping out of his hand, the clock management was gross, the blitz wasn't getting anywhere near Favre

Sanchez needs to keep throwing downfield, its a key component of winning in the NFL right now and he's going to hit on some. The dangerous throws were often short ones anyway, he's got the arm and the weapons and needs to keep stretching the field. Last night obviously was crappy weather for it

Its kind of crazy how hot and cold Favre is. Insanely bad for 2.5 quarters. For that 3 drive, 3 TD stretch, every throw he made was difficult and perfect, there arent many QBs that can match that stretch, probably just Peyton and Brady. and then he completely misses open Percy Harvin 9 yards away and telegraphs a throw to the outside
It's obvious Revis is not 100%, which is why he had no business being out there last night. Let's just hope that he isn't ruined for the season.

As for Favre, yeah he's great and spectacular because he takes all sorts of risks. But that's a totally double edged sword because he'll always get those really destructive picks. No team can win with Brett Favre because he inevitably gives it away

Jace
10-12-10, 09:40 AM
Blitzing on every 3rd and really long, especially in the end zone, is a bad idea. If they know we are bringing 7+, they go into max protect, and the QB stands there and picks out which 1 on 1 (against a gimpy Revis) he wants to go to. Instead, if you blitz like that sometimes, and sometimes go into rushing 4 guys/dropping 7, the offense doesn't know what to expect and the blitz is more effective. I'm not asking Rex to betray his trademark, but he can't let it be the only thing

Bringing safeties on 3rd and 19 when the other team really really needs a TD is pretty risky, in general, and if the other team knows you are going to take that risk, you are setting yourself up

The Revis of last year was possibly the best CB year ever. We can't really count on that, ever again. Cromartie played a flawless game last night, and he still got burned when he got put in an impossible position

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
10-12-10, 02:04 PM
The Revis of last year was possibly the best CB year ever. We can't really count on that, ever again. Cromartie played a flawless game last night, and he still got burned when he got put in an impossible position

I disagree. Revis is not the same because Revis is not healthy. Sit him for a month, six weeks, whatever. He shouldn't have been out there last night, if he's not going to cover the other team's best CB then he's obviously not 100% and therefore shouldn't have played. But at 100% health I see no reason why he can't approximate last year's success.

It was a great win. 150+ yards rushing against the Vikings, a team that hadn't given up 150 yards in over 3 seasons is outstanding.

Melan-cynic
10-12-10, 02:41 PM
I disagree. Revis is not the same because Revis is not healthy. Sit him for a month, six weeks, whatever. He shouldn't have been out there last night, if he's not going to cover the other team's best CB then he's obviously not 100% and therefore shouldn't have played. But at 100% health I see no reason why he can't approximate last year's success.

It was a great win. 150+ yards rushing against the Vikings, a team that hadn't given up 150 yards in over 3 seasons is outstanding.
True all the way around.

dabomb2045
10-12-10, 02:59 PM
Yes its obvious Revis isnt healthy at all.....and shouldnt have played last night. He def needs to sit vs Denver and then we have the bye after that. That gives him two full weeks of rest, and at that point re-evaluate him and see where he's at. If he needs more time, so be it. I'd rather have miss the next 4-5 games, then come back 100%...then this stuff of him playing at half speed and constantly re-injuring himself.

On the Harvin TD...he let him go as if he was expecting safety help...which never came. He trailed Harvin and seemed to be going at 50% speed. It was painful to watch him play.

Jace
10-12-10, 03:24 PM

Whatever. Nothing you are saying really addresses anything I said. Ok, obviously 100% healthy Revis could potentially approach 2009 Revis, but that was a great player having a special year, it probably wont be easy even for him

Anyway, the point was that a predictable all-out blitz is predictable, and on 3rd and 15+ when your opponent needs TDs (and you are without 2009 revis), its even more risky than normal. I think it should be used more judiciously

The run game has nothing whatsoever to do with what I said. The run has been great, dbrick was unbelievable against jared allen

pjfan
10-12-10, 03:56 PM
Good ol' incarceratedbob is tweeting that Revis is being shut down for 2-4 weeks. Makes sense. The Jets should be able to handle Denver w/out him, and then a bye week.

Jets (along with Baltimore) look to be the class of the AFC. Quite a turnaround for Sanchez (no turnovers!?!) and LT being a monster are huge reasons why.

Jets fans should be excited. I know it's only week 5, but there's something about this team. They have that "feel" to them. The Pats have their work cut out for them, and are probably battling for a WC birth.

dabomb2045
10-12-10, 04:01 PM
Good ol' incarceratedbob is tweeting that Revis is being shut down for 2-4 weeks. Makes sense. The Jets should be able to handle Denver w/out him, and then a bye week.

Jets (along with Baltimore) look to be the class of the AFC. Quite a turnaround for Sanchez (no turnovers!?!) and LT being a monster are huge reasons why.

Jets fans should be excited. I know it's only week 5, but there's something about this team. They have that "feel" to them. The Pats have their work cut out for them, and are probably battling for a WC birth.

Agreed on your comments. Btw I'd also put the Steelers in their w/the Jets and Ravens in terms of the class of the conference. The fact they are where they are w/o Big Ben is rather scary for everyone else. IMO the Colts are still close to that level because of Peyton.

S2
10-12-10, 04:43 PM
Pardon my ignorance as I did not catch the whole game but did Revis cover Moss on any plays or was it all Cromartie?

Jax Teller
10-12-10, 04:55 PM
I was quite drunk throughout the game but I'm pretty sure it was all Cromartie.

dabomb2045
10-12-10, 04:56 PM
It was all Cromartie. They had Revis mostly on Harvin. Cro did a hell of a job too....I mean he was step for step w/Moss all game and broke up at least five passes that I can remember. Yes he gave up one TD but it was really good coverage...credit goes to Favre for a perfect throw. And Rex shouldnt have been blitzing on that play anyways.

pjfan
10-12-10, 06:32 PM
Revis has now given up 2 TD's this year.

Melan-cynic
10-12-10, 07:30 PM
Revis has now given up 2 TD's this year.
:lol:

Jax Teller
10-12-10, 08:57 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/ao3n1g.jpg

JeffWeaverFan
10-12-10, 09:31 PM
Excellent win. The Vikings are a much better team than their record indicates, especially now that they have Moss. If Favre stays healthy and Rice comes back for them, that'll be a tough team to beat later on this season. Sanchez and the WR's were not on their A game at all last night. I actually thought Sanchez looked quite good in the first half but the WR's were dropping some big plays. Then in the second half Sanchez was off.

I'd really like to give Revis next week off so it'll be 3 weeks off total for him to get the hamstring healthy. I don't think Denver be easy, but they don't have much of a running game so hopefully we can get some pressure on Orton. Plus they rank something like 25th against the run, so I'd love to see a hundred yard running game for both of LT and Greene. Would be awesome to go into our bye week 5-1.

Jax Teller
10-12-10, 09:35 PM
Dawkins, McBath, Goodman, Ayers & Woodyard have all been ruled out for Denver

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-12-10, 10:35 PM
5-1 into the bye would be awesome. Even if they lose, 4-2 is pretty damn good too.

kan_t
10-13-10, 12:20 AM
Agreed on your comments. Btw I'd also put the Steelers in their w/the Jets and Ravens in terms of the class of the conference. The fact they are where they are w/o Big Ben is rather scary for everyone else. IMO the Colts are still close to that level because of Peyton.
I agreed that these four teams will be the favorite to win it all. The Colts are considered the favorite soley because of Peyton Manning. Other three are very well balanced. They all can run, pass and play defense well.

Snatch Catch
10-13-10, 09:30 AM
This Denver game appears to be the trap game to me. Nobody thinks they're as good as the numbers they've posted, the Jets secondary has shown to have lapses without Revis, and they're playing in Denver.

Lots of "just beat Denver and then rest up" type sentiment. Sholud be a fun game...hopefully.

GordonGecko
10-13-10, 09:43 AM
gonna be lots of trap games this year, the point is don't take any opponent for granted because anyone can beat you when your guard is down

Melan-cynic
10-13-10, 12:16 PM
I wouldn't say there are "lots" of trap games this year. A trap game by definition means a game against lesser competition sandwiched between two games against tough competition. I second what Snatch said: playing the Broncos between the Vikes and the Pack is the epitome of a trap game. The rest of the season there really isn't that type of scenario facing the Jets.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
10-13-10, 02:30 PM
Whatever. Nothing you are saying really addresses anything I said. Ok, obviously 100% healthy Revis could potentially approach 2009 Revis, but that was a great player having a special year, it probably wont be easy even for him

Anyway, the point was that a predictable all-out blitz is predictable, and on 3rd and 15+ when your opponent needs TDs (and you are without 2009 revis), its even more risky than normal. I think it should be used more judiciously

The run game has nothing whatsoever to do with what I said. The run has been great, dbrick was unbelievable against jared allen

Um, ok. "Whatever" :lol: A little touchy, are we?

You: "The Revis of last year was possibly the best CB year ever. We can't really count on that, ever again."

Me: "I disagree. Revis is not the same because Revis is not healthy" and "But at 100% health I see no reason why he can't approximate last year's success."

That looks like me addressing what you said.

As far as discussing the tremendous success of the ground game, those comments weren't intended to address the rest of your post. That's why I separated them from my comments about why I disagreed with you about Revis.

Melan-cynic
10-13-10, 02:56 PM

You: "The Revis of last year was possibly the best CB year ever. We can't really count on that, ever again."

Me: "I disagree. Revis is not the same because Revis is not healthy" and "But at 100% health I see no reason why he can't approximate last year's success."

As far as discussing the tremendous success of the ground game, those comments weren't intended to address the rest of your post. That's why I separated them from my comments about why I disagreed with you about Revis.Yea, you directly addressed it, and correctly I might add.

Jace
10-14-10, 11:33 AM

As far as discussing the tremendous success of the ground game, those comments weren't intended to address the rest of your post. That's why I separated them from my comments about why I disagreed with you about Revis.

I love when people accuse other people of being touchy. I should now accuse you of being touchy because you called someone touchy and used a smily. I was perfectly ok posting, but thank god you read my mind and psychoanalyzed

The reason you didn't address anything I said, was because the entire point of my post was about why rushing 7+ guys on 3rd and 19 every single time was a bad idea. You did not address that. You disagreed with a minor piece of supporting evidence, but did not address the point of my post. time for 80 laughing smilies to drive people crazy

The fact that Revis will probably be hard pressed to repeat his own amazing year, even when healthy, is just another reason why its a bad idea. I know whether he can be in 2009 form again is subjective, but its entirely possible we saw a great player have a career year, especially considering how much of an outlier it is compared to the body of all other CB years by other players. Its also obviously possible he repeats it, but i think counting on it is a bad idea. Which is all i said originally

Melan-cynic
10-14-10, 12:05 PM
I know whether he can be in 2009 form again is subjective, but its entirely possible we saw a great player have a career year, especially considering how much of an outlier it is compared to the body of all other CB years by other players. Its also obviously possible he repeats it, but i think counting on it is a bad idea.
Totally backtracking here after making such a bold statement: "The Revis of last year was possibly the best CB year ever. We can't really count on that, ever again."

Which is all i said originally
No it's not. You explicitly claimed Revis could never repeat what he did last year and used a couple games where he's obviously still affected by a hamstring injury as evidence. It's shaky at best. Let's revisit this when we've seen him healthy because, what your post(s) fail to address, is that Darrelle is entering his prime, not exiting it.

Jace
10-14-10, 12:28 PM
Totally backtracking here after making such a bold statement: "The Revis of last year was possibly the best CB year ever. We can't really count on that, ever again."

No it's not. You explicitly claimed Revis could never repeat what he did last year and used a couple games where he's obviously still affected by a hamstring injury as evidence. It's shaky at best. Let's revisit this when we've seen him healthy because, what your post(s) fail to address, is that Darrelle is entering his prime, not exiting it.

I said I thought counting on it was a bad idea going forward. Then I said I thought counting on it was a bad idea, I didn't include the "ever again" or "going forward", but its implied, who cares. There is no backtracking. I agree with everything I originally said. You are jumping on different wording, sorry I didnt make the sentences completely identical

I NEVER, EVER explicitly said that Revis could never repeat what he did last year. that is a complete fabrication on your part. complete. Now you can either backtrack or admit that

Revis is in his prime. That doesn't mean his career year wasn't POSSIBLY (read that word again, I've said it before and youve ignored it) last year. He had the best CB year I've ever heard of, by a good margin. It is possible he has the talent to continually achieve it. It is possible he has the talent to come close and only achieve it some years. Either way, counting on it 100% by playcalling like always blitzing safeties on 3rd and 19 is not a good idea. In my opinion.

Jace
10-14-10, 12:34 PM
I'm done talking about Revis in this discussion. I only mentioned that because I think its a factor in calling all-out blitzes continually on very risky plays, which was the original actual subject of my post, which nobody ever actually responded to

Melan-cynic
10-14-10, 12:36 PM
I NEVER, EVER explicitly said that Revis could never repeat what he did last year. that is a complete fabrication on your part. complete. Now you can either backtrack or admit that
LOL. Regarding Revis' 2009 you said this:

We can't really count on that, ever again.

That's as definitive as it gets. How you can bring out words like fabrication is tremendously entertaining. And yes, going from "we can never count on that" again to "it's obviously possible he can repeat" is the absolute epitome of backtracking.

I'm done talking about Revis in this discussion. I only mentioned that because I think its a factor in calling all-out blitzes continually on very risky plays, which was the original actual subject of my post, which nobody ever actually responded to

Yeah, nice try. What you continue to overlook is that your claim that Revis will never be as good as he was in 2009 directly impacts how much/well the Jets can blitz. Which is why PDTDYS and I have certainly responded to the original subject, whether you can admit it or not.

Jace
10-14-10, 12:45 PM
The English language has enough distinction so that I can use concepts such as "you cant count on somone to do something, but they could still potentially do it." Its not very complicated. You are saying they are "explicitly" and "definitively" the same (both your words). I have never heard of anybody claiming this before

If you do not believe that there is a distinction between saying "you cant count on someone to do something" and "they cant possibly do it", then that just means you need to read more books or something

Melan-cynic
10-14-10, 12:48 PM
The English language has enough distinction so that I can use concepts such as "you cant count on somone to do something, but they could still potentially do it." Its not very complicated. You are saying they are "explicitly" and "definitively" the same (both your words). I have never heard of anybody claiming this before

If you do not believe that there is a distinction between saying "you cant count on someone to do something" and "they cant possibly do it", then that just means you need to read more books or something
Right. When you don't have a leg to stand on, turn to weak personal insults.

OK! I'll get some more books and hope I find an example where "never happen" and "obviously possible" are synonyms. You've officially embarrassed yourself.

Jace
10-14-10, 12:53 PM
Right. When you don't have a leg to stand on, turn to weak personal insults.

OK! I'll get some more books and hope I find out where "never happen" and "obviously possible" are synonyms. You've officially embarrassed yourself.

What is wrong with you? I'm not insulting you... I'm serious. There is a difference between "I Cant Count On You To Do This, Because It Would Negatively Affect Me If You Didnt Come Through And I Have to Take Precautions" and "You Never Could Possibly Do This". Are you unable to see it?

You are basically just treating every post as an attack and attacking back, in a conversation that was originalyl between 2 other people. I'm not attacking you. If you like, you can explain to me your thoughts on blitzing on every 3rd and 19 in your own territory when the opponent desperately needs touchdowns, and the effect that the offense going into max protect on that play will have

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
10-14-10, 12:55 PM
I love when people accuse other people of being touchy. I should now accuse you of being touchy because you called someone touchy and used a smily. I was perfectly ok posting, but thank god you read my mind and psychoanalyzed

The reason you didn't address anything I said, was because the entire point of my post was about why rushing 7+ guys on 3rd and 19 every single time was a bad idea. You did not address that. You disagreed with a minor piece of supporting evidence, but did not address the point of my post. time for 80 laughing smilies to drive people crazy

The fact that Revis will probably be hard pressed to repeat his own amazing year, even when healthy, is just another reason why its a bad idea. I know whether he can be in 2009 form again is subjective, but its entirely possible we saw a great player have a career year, especially considering how much of an outlier it is compared to the body of all other CB years by other players. Its also obviously possible he repeats it, but i think counting on it is a bad idea. Which is all i said originally

Wow...80 laughing smilies? What? Look, replying with "whatever" means that you took offense, however slight, to my disagreeing with your comments about Revis. When someone says "whatever" to me (mostly my girl, lol) it usually means that they are annoyed with me and dismissive of "whatever" it is I'm saying. Maybe I read it wrong, who knows.

If I wanted to discuss you thinking that blitzing on every third and long is a bad idea because Revis is not healthy, I would have quoted and commented on it; I actually agree with you to an extent. But you said "We can't (can't doesn't leave much wiggle room) really count on that, (Revis dominating like last year) ever again." That is complete nonsense. You will be recanting those words once Revis comes back 100% and continues dominating WRs. This guy is quite possibly going to go down as the greatest Jet ever, he's that good.

Jace
10-14-10, 01:00 PM
Wow...80 laughing smilies? What? Look, replying with "whatever" means that you took offense, however slight, to my disagreeing with your comments about Revis. When someone says "whatever" to me (mostly my girl, lol) it usually means that they are annoyed with me and dismissive of "whatever" it is I'm saying. Maybe I read it wrong, who knows.

If I wanted to discuss you thinking that blitzing on every third and long is a bad idea because Revis is not healthy, I would have commented on it. I actually agree with you to an extent. But you said "We can't (can't doesn't leave much wiggle room) really count on that, (Revis dominating like last year) ever again." That is complete nonsense, and you will be recanting those words once Revis comes back 100% and continues dominating WRs. This guy is quite possibly going to go down as the greatest Jet ever, he's that good.

Well, I wasn't pissed off when I said whatever, I could see how you would think that, but nah, I just didn't feel you addressed what I said.

If I were the Jets, I would not rely on Revis being 2009 Revis going forward. I would also allow for the possibility and think there is a good chance it happens, but I wouldn't count on it. He definitely could be the best Jet of all time, I agree with that, a dominating CB in a passing league. I love Revis, but I won't recant those words, its just a smart play. Thats like saying if you make a bet with 60% odds (I just made that number up, please don't say "Revis isn't a 60% situation") and you lost, that you would recant

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
10-14-10, 01:08 PM
Well, I wasn't pissed off when I said whatever, I could see how you would think that, but nah, I just didn't feel you addressed what I said.

No doubt.

If I were the Jets, I would not rely on Revis being 2009 Revis going forward. I would also allow for the possibility and think there is a good chance it happens, but I wouldn't count on it. He definitely could be the best Jet of all time, I agree with that, a dominating CB in a passing league. I love Revis, but I won't recant those words, its just a smart play. Thats like saying if you make a bet with 60% odds (I just made that number up, please don't say "Revis isn't a 60% situation") and you lost, that you would recant

But why? Don't you see the talent this guy has? It's not luck. Closing speed, physicality, hops, and most importantly, instincts. He has it all and he's only 25 years old. I'd always bet on a healthy Revis approximating 2009.

Melan-cynic
10-14-10, 01:11 PM
We can never again rely on Revis being the guy he was in 2009 but obviously it's possible.

Not only wrong but ridiculous.

Jace
10-14-10, 01:17 PM
We can never again rely on Revis being the guy he was in 2009 but obviously it's possible.

Not only wrong but ridiculous.

So, what was your opinion on the blitzing thing again? I really don't mind hearing it, go for it. I know behind all the angry internet stuff we are all smart football fans

Jace
10-14-10, 01:25 PM
No doubt.

But why? Don't you see the talent this guy has? It's not luck. Closing speed, physicality, hops, and most importantly, instincts. He has it all and he's only 25 years old. I'd always bet on a healthy Revis approximating 2009.

He definitely has the talent to make it happen. Its just a statistical outlier thing, and it depends on where his true talent level is (which noone knows, no matter how much they think they do). Read a couple of these articles, I read more of the full ProFootballOutsiders stuff over the offseason, but I just found this with a quick google search:

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/08/24/just-how-good-was-revis-last-year/
http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/07/06/football-outsiders-scouts-the-jets/?scp=1&sq=fifth%20down%20football%20outsiders%20scout%20jets&st=cse

Anyway. We are all Jets fans, and we all love Revis. I don't think it is ridiculous or outlandish to try and evaluate how successful he was last year and see the liklihood that he can replicate it, and see whether precautions need to be taken against him not replicating it (blitzing all the time on 3rd and 15+ is not taking precautions, for sure). We all want him to. If he succeeds, I will be as happy as anyone. I dont want to get all up in arms about our own best player

dabomb2045
10-15-10, 12:34 AM
I agree that blitzing on every 3rd down play is ridiculous. In fact, I think the Jets have become too predictable doing this. You see teams go to max protect on 3rd downs now....the Vikings did this on Monday. Teams are also doing a much better job of using dummy counts to see if they are blitzing, and then adjusting the protection if necessary. I noticed Favre did this alot on Monday. You wonder why someone like Harris isnt allowed to change the call if he sees the offense doing something different.

Either way, the blitzing on every 3rd down has to stop. I know Ryan is an aggressive guy but you also need to be smart. Giving up TD's on 3rd and 15, 3rd and 19? That just cant happen twice in one game. Keeping the other team off balance and guessing is the best way to stop them. Once you become predictable in the NFL....you are dead.

just-blaze
10-15-10, 05:13 AM
Rex should look in the mirror for sending the house on 3rd and 17, and 3rd and 19. Please be more judicious with the blitzes.

^this.

I couldn't believe it.

dabomb2045
10-17-10, 04:55 PM
Revis is awful right now. Cant sugarcoat it.

kan_t
10-17-10, 05:04 PM
Even a 10 years old kid knows that Revis is far from 100%. Why is he still on the field?

Jace
10-17-10, 05:05 PM
Actually I think he looks fine today. Mistimed 1 jump where he was step for step with the receiver, thats about it. He doesnt look slow at all

Jace
10-17-10, 05:11 PM
A complete bs call against the Jets pass D, then 2 complete bs calls against the Jets receivers. I dont care what Dierdorf says, the second offensive PI was BS too, receivers and dbacks push each other slightly like that on every play. Maybe the refs should try being quiet for awhile

Offensive PI is basically supposed to be a pretty obvious offense, theres a reason you rarely even see it called once. Ive never seen it called twice on one drive

Melan-cynic
10-17-10, 05:13 PM
Actually I think he looks fine today. Mistimed 1 jump where he was step for step with the receiver, thats about it. He doesnt look slow at all

Yeah I don't see it either. Had good position and had a hand on the ball on that 3rd down conversion but it was a perfect throw and a great catch.

EDIT: The broadcast literally just accentuated how good Revis looks.

Jax Teller
10-17-10, 05:25 PM
Sanchez should have been picked off at least 4 times today

Jace
10-17-10, 05:30 PM
I think that blitz call on 3rd and 10 was probably a bad idea. I've liked the blitzing a lot so far today, but with 27 seconds left on their own 35, Denver really needed a long play immediately, due to time constraints. I would have let them dump it over the middle and just rushed 4

dabomb2045
10-17-10, 05:31 PM
I told everyone I had a bad feeling about this game. Short week, road game and in a tough place to play. Jets do not look sharp AT ALL. No running game whatsoever...and Sanchez looks like the guy we saw for most of the reg season last year.

Melan-cynic
10-17-10, 05:31 PM
Sanchez should have been picked off at least 4 times today

Yep, looks atrocious.

Also, the great coverage and burst Revis showed on that last incompletion seems to solidify he's back to 100%. [knocks wood]

Jace
10-17-10, 05:34 PM
D looks great against this very dangerous passing offense in perfect throwing conditions. Its a very winnable game, at least

dabomb2045
10-17-10, 05:35 PM
The Jets cant win games if they arent running the ball effectively. They just cant. Sanchez dropping back and having to pass on 2nd/3rd and longs will not work. Our O line has to get into this game and start winning the battle at the line of scrimmage. They are getting whipped up front.

Melan-cynic
10-17-10, 05:45 PM
Another HORRIBLE call by the refs. Great coverage from Cro.

Jace
10-17-10, 05:49 PM
Does anyone understand the involvement of the refs in this game to this point? So far, it seems more like calling phantom PI on the Jets over and over, both on offense and defense

dabomb2045
10-17-10, 05:51 PM
Ok offense....time to get into this game. Especially running the football.

dabomb2045
10-17-10, 06:14 PM
Sanchez could easily have about 6 or 7 INT's right now. Denver defense has him totally confused.

CptCrunch
10-17-10, 06:17 PM
Complete horse................ penalty.

dabomb2045
10-17-10, 06:18 PM
If thats a penalty.....then football should be outlawed as a sport. f*cking ridiculous. The refs in this game have been HORRIBLE...Jets have been getting jobbed by these idiots all day.

Jace
10-17-10, 06:19 PM
Yeah, it was a completion anyway, but what a terrible penalty, there was nothing "unnecessary" about that hit

dabomb2045
10-17-10, 06:21 PM
Unreal that we are losing this game. Denver isnt even playing well IMO....Jets are just sloppy as hell and are getting screwed by the officiating.

ToneinTO
10-17-10, 06:23 PM
Nice throw, Sanchez

dabomb2045
10-17-10, 06:25 PM
WTF Holmes?????? This game is awful. I just knew it....knew this game had trouble written all over it.

Jace
10-17-10, 06:25 PM
Wow Mr. Holmes, you get tons of genius points. Try the sideline next time, where your block is

dabomb2045
10-17-10, 06:27 PM
Wow Mr. Holmes, you get tons of genius points. Try the sideline next time, where your block is

Two turnovers inside the Denver 25 today. Both unforced errors. This team really is killing themselves.

Melan-cynic
10-17-10, 06:29 PM
Does anyone understand the involvement of the refs in this game to this point? So far, it seems more like calling phantom PI on the Jets over and over, both on offense and defense

Seriously. This crew wants to be the star of the game.

The penalty against Jim Leonard was hilarious. So, let me get this straight, it's against the rules to tackle a player with your hands while he's in bounds. Just turn it into flag football from now on then.

And I didn't know Holmes was related to Rayden, thinking he could teleport through players.

AMYanks
10-17-10, 06:30 PM
We're winning this game. I don't care how sloppy we've been or how this is one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen. We're just a much better team than they are.

dabomb2045
10-17-10, 06:30 PM
Yeah if you cant hit a WR the way Leonhard did....then seriously why even allow hits? That was the definition of a clean hit, and its how you teach a safety to hit someone.

At this point, might as well put flags on WR's and skirts on the QB's.

dabomb2045
10-17-10, 06:33 PM
This offense is pissing me off. They are playing like sh*t....and when they do make a play, they end up screwing up anyways. I dont understand why we are having so much trouble running the football.

dabomb2045
10-17-10, 06:38 PM
Good field position again....the defense really has done a nice job today. I mean Orton is only 10-27.

dabomb2045
10-17-10, 06:43 PM
More awful officiating.....but Tomlinson for the TD!! Suck it refs

AMYanks
10-17-10, 06:43 PM
Whoops. Refs forgot to make up a holding call on that run!

fredgmuggs
10-17-10, 06:44 PM
I don't have a dog in this fight but I must say this has been an entertaining game to watch.

ToneinTO
10-17-10, 06:44 PM
Great run! Now let's win this game!

dabomb2045
10-17-10, 06:45 PM
Ok defense....keep doing what you've been doing the last few possessions.

Melan-cynic
10-17-10, 06:48 PM
So you can tackle the Terminator and it's not PI. Way to be on top of things refs.

LDT says ................ you. Surprised there wasn't a flag for unnecessary scoring.

dabomb2045
10-17-10, 06:51 PM
Oh come on....3rd and 11 and you let friggin Orton scramble for the 1st down...god dammit

dabomb2045
10-17-10, 06:53 PM
3:52 left but only 1 TO left....this drive is probably the game. Dissapointing that the defense could not step up there and keep them off the scoreboard....the 3rd and 11 play was just a killer.

Jax Teller
10-17-10, 06:54 PM
Trolls are masturbating to this game right now.

Melan-cynic
10-17-10, 06:55 PM
After an abysmal game, Mark still has a chance to win this game. Move the chains kid.

Melan-cynic
10-17-10, 06:58 PM
Shouldn't that piledriver be a personal foul given what Leonard got flagged for.

dabomb2045
10-17-10, 06:58 PM
nice job by Holmes to hold on to that....Sanchez looking good on this drive so far

ToneinTO
10-17-10, 07:02 PM
YES! Win this game now!

dabomb2045
About time the refs got one right!

Melan-cynic
Ahhh.. Good ol' karma baby.

We at the 2 yard line.

AMYanks
10-17-10, 07:03 PM
We get a call!?!? WE GET A CALL!!!!!!!!!!

dabomb2045
10-17-10, 07:03 PM
Td!!!

dabomb2045
10-17-10, 07:05 PM
Ok defense....this is like Mo coming into the game in the 9th with a lead. Close this game out.

Melan-cynic
10-17-10, 07:05 PM
:roflmao: The ultimate troll DRobertson tried to delete his post after he saw the replay and realized he didn't have a leg to stand on but I saw it lil' man.

"Can't complain about the refs after that call."

He facemasked Holmes so blatantly you better believe that was a good call. Back to your hole kiddo.

Jax Teller
10-17-10, 07:11 PM
I guess DRob is this season's Rhody?

dabomb2045
10-17-10, 07:11 PM
I prefer that to be ruled a completion. 4 yard gain...so what. The loss of the timeout is more valuable.

Melan-cynic
10-17-10, 07:12 PM
I guess DRob is this season's Rhody?
If so, he's off to fine start.

AMYanks
10-17-10, 07:13 PM
Woohoo! Thank you Denver!

Melan-cynic
Ball game.

dabomb2045
Ballgame!!

ToneinTO
Game over! Go Jets!

b_joseph
10-17-10, 07:14 PM
Hahaha..Unlucky Denver.

Good win for you guys there. Best team in the L right now, IMO.

CoyoteYankee
Sweet! Great to see that even when they are not playing their best, the Jets can eke out a win.

hellonewman
Whew, that was one scary-ass game. Glad to get out of this one alive. Time to put the feet up for the bye week.

Dwight Schrute
10-17-10, 07:15 PM
I admit, as a hardcore, never-die, Pats-Fan, that after today the Jets offically give me nightmares. And I need to change my boxers.

dabomb2045
Best win of the season for me. Thats a championship win....they had to grind it out. They didnt play that great, and alot of things went against them. But they found a way and got it done in the end. Sign of a great team.

fredgmuggs
Heckuva win for the Jets. Fun game to watch.

ToneinTO
Sweet! Great to see that even when they are not playing their best, the Jets can eke out a win.

That's the mark of a great team. This could be a very special season.

CoyoteYankee
10-17-10, 07:16 PM
That's the mark of a great team. This could be a very special season.

My thoughts exactly!

Jax Teller
10-17-10, 07:17 PM
I can't even be overly happy about this win. I'm more relieved that it ended in our favor.

machphantom
10-17-10, 07:19 PM
In the end Herm Edwards prophetic words speak volumes: Why do we play? Today, the Jets did all they needed to do.

Melan-cynic
I can't even be overly happy about this win. I'm more relieved that it ended in our favor.

Exactly how I feel.

Jax Teller
When was the last time the same player won the game with a turnover 2 games in a row? Lowery against the Vikings & now recovering the fumble.

Jace
10-17-10, 07:20 PM
Man. Not very well played, but having Holmes, Braylon, and Keller really helps Sanchez. Great targets get calls and they make plays

LT toughed out a pretty rough game for him (obviously much the result of great Denver D, they were pushing the Jets line back), and was fresh at the end

Revis really did look better, the only time I saw him out of place was the 2nd or 3rd to last play of the game with Eric Smith coming in to make the play near the goal line (obviously corners need safety help on plays like that, but Revis was a beat by a few steps there)

Melan-cynic
10-17-10, 07:24 PM
When was the last time the same player won the game with a turnover 2 games in a row? Lowery against the Vikings & now recovering the fumble.
Was thinking the same thing. Very happy to see Swipe fall on the ball instead of trying to take it to the house.

kan_t
10-17-10, 07:28 PM
Hahaha..Unlucky Denver.

Good win for you guys there. Best team in the L right now, IMO.
They were lucky that they could come that close IMO.

Melan-cynic
10-17-10, 07:33 PM
They were lucky that they could come that close IMO.

Agree. Denver wasn't "unlucky" at all. They were handed plenty of opportunities by the Jets poor offense and questionable umpiring. The Jets won ugly, but there was certainly nothing lucky about it.

hellonewman
10-17-10, 07:37 PM
Fluky stat:

Dolphins won 23-20.
Patriots won 23-20.
Jets won 24-20.

All 3 AFC East teams playing today won by almost identical scores.

Jace
10-17-10, 07:43 PM
- I think the D was great. pretty inefficient game from Orton, in really perfect throwing conditions, caused by some really tight Jets coverage. Denver had some run success, but nothing special
- I liked the blitz calling a lot. Still very often, but pulled back at the right times, and enough to stay unpredictable
- Road NFL games are tough, its a good win on a shorter rest traveling week

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-17-10, 07:45 PM
Just got back from the bar. A few things:

1) The refs were awful, and it seemed to be exclusively against the Jets. We're lucky they called that PI.
2) The Jets lucked out on the aforementioned PI. It was a penalty, but I don't think it's caught without the interference.
3) Revis looked ok.
4) I counted at least three times where Jets in the open field just fell down on their own (LDT once, defense twice). Weird.

Jace
10-17-10, 07:47 PM
Just got back from the bar. A few things:

1) The refs were awful, and it seemed to be exclusively against the Jets. We're lucky they called that PI.
2) The Jets lucked out on the aforementioned PI. It was a penalty, but I don't think it's caught without the interference.

I dont know man. He still almost caught the ball, and he was definitely impeded on the way there. Thats PI- it doesn't matter if he might not have caught it. If he had a chance at ALL, and he's interfered with, its a penalty, not luck

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-17-10, 07:50 PM
I dont know man. He still almost caught the ball, and he was definitely impeded on the way there. Thats PI- it doesn't matter if he might not have caught it. If he had a chance at ALL, and he's interfered with, its a penalty, not luck

Oh I agree that it was a penalty, but I'm not sure that he would have caught it without interference. I can't be too sure, though, I was watching at a bar from 30 feet away.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
Oh, and the Jets now have sole possession of the best record in the NFL at 5-1.

Melan-cynic
Beat me to it. It was the definition of PI. Jets were fortunate the DB made the mistake but it was the right call.

Also, as Jace just said, Santonio had the catch for a split second before dropping it. It's not like the ball was uncatchable.

Melan-cynic
10-17-10, 07:51 PM
Oh I agree that it was a penalty, but I'm not sure that he would have caught it without interference. I can't be too sure, though, I was watching at a bar from 30 feet away.
Yea, you need to watch a replay man. He very possibly could've caught it.

Snatch Catch
10-17-10, 10:56 PM
My Cromartie jersey feels more and more comfortable every week.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-17-10, 11:17 PM
My Cromartie jersey feels more and more comfortable every week.

I'm thinking about asking my 'rents for a Jets jersey for Christmas, and I'll probably go with Cro.

Snatch Catch
10-17-10, 11:56 PM
If youre going for an expensive gift I wouldn't recommend it, he's not assured of bring resigned, so it could end up really bad for you. I got mine simply because it was a super cheap fake from China.

Go with Keller or Greene. My Greene fake is in the mail right now.

JeffWeaverFan
10-18-10, 12:32 AM
I know the thought process is we'll definitely re-sign Holmes and let Braylon go, but Braylon's looked awesome this year.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
10-18-10, 03:13 PM
5-1, first place going into the bye. 2-0 in those "trap games" which nearly derailed the season last year. Simply awesome. Sanchez was average, and the Jets still won in a very tough stadium to play in. It was amazing how much the cameras were shaking form the crowd noise, and I don't remember one false start from the o-line. Kyle Orton was throwing the ball like crazy this year and the Jets held him to just over 200 yards, a chunk of which came on that TD which would have been overturned had it been reviewed. That's a big bounce back game for the secondary. Good to see Revis get through the game, he wasn't vintage but he was better than last week. I'm expecting him to be at full throttle against the Packers.

Snatch Catch
10-18-10, 04:04 PM
What makes me happiest is that they won that despite being completely jobbed by the officiating crew throughout.

Before a fan from another team wants to come in here and say "are you kidding? The refs gave you the game at the end!!!11!," let me give a pre-emptive correction: That pass interference was egregious and, actually, you know...happened.

There were either 4 or 5 other calls against the Jets, either pass interference or personal fouls, that just did not happen, and those calls let the Broncos hang around and eventually take the lead.

To win a game, on the road, and have to beat the officials to do it feels really, really good as a fan.

Melan-cynic
10-18-10, 04:09 PM
What makes me happiest is that they won that despite being completely jobbed by the officiating crew throughout.

Before a fan from another team wants to come in here and say "are you kidding? The refs gave you the game at the end!!!11!," let me give a pre-emptive correction: That pass interference was egregious and, actually, you know...happened.

There were either 4 or 5 other calls against the Jets, either pass interference or personal fouls, that just did not happen, and those calls let the Broncos hang around and eventually take the lead.

To win a game, on the road, and have to beat the officials to do it feels really, really good as a fan.
When even Greg Gumble and Dan Dierdorf are bemoaning the officiating against the Jets you know it's blatantly obvious.

Snatch Catch
10-18-10, 04:49 PM
And lost in all the hullabaloo (sp?) of the horrific Robinson/DJax hit was this play by Revis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sroL00sxzl0&feature=player_embedded

The best part is that it's a real TACKLE. Watch how he actually keeps his feet through the whole process, wraps Royal up initially, drives through the receiver, dislodges the ball, and somehow ends up with it in the end. He administers that hit, yet he never hits the ground. I wish I wasn't so put off by his heel turn, because he's such a fantastic player to watch play the game.

With the way Cromartie is playing, as well as guys like Coleman, if Revis comes back 100% healthy against GB it's going to be a great test of how good they can be.

Melan-cynic
10-18-10, 04:58 PM
And lost in all the hullabaloo (sp?) of the horrific Robinson/DJax hit was this play by Revis.
Unless you're a Jets/Broncos fan. That hit almost made me jump through my ceiling.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-18-10, 05:08 PM
Upon closer look at replay, that 46 yard pass interference definitely could have been caught. I was indeed wrong.

Melan-cynic
10-18-10, 08:25 PM
Upon closer look at replay, that 46 yard pass interference definitely could have been caught. I was indeed wrong.
No problem. I knew you'd see it once you got a proper replay.

Jax Teller
10-18-10, 09:39 PM
I love the Broncos forum on scout.com

There's a thread some fan made bitching about the refs gift wrapping the game for the Jets.

TexMsg2525
10-18-10, 09:48 PM

There's a thread some fan made bitching about the refs gift wrapping the game for the Jets.

Nah, he's got it wrong...Renaldo Hill did that on his own. :D

GordonGecko
10-19-10, 12:14 AM

what goes around comes around - the refs gave the Jets the screws all freaking game, Broncos had it coming

Melan-cynic
10-19-10, 12:25 AM
Anyone who thinks that wasn't PI is either blind or lying.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-19-10, 12:50 AM

Seriously. At the very least, it was a facemask, first down.

Melan-cynic
10-19-10, 01:33 AM
Seriously. At the very least, it was a facemask, first down.
But there's no such thing as a "facemask" penalty while the ball is still in flight. That's the definition of pass interference. Had he facemasked Holmes after he caught it, then sure.

pjfan
10-19-10, 11:25 AM

No kidding. It's one thing to be pissed about the "rule" (I've always thought it should just be a 15 yard penalty as opposed to a spot of the foul), but to sit and say that it was a bad call is absurd. It was the definition of PI.

JeffWeaverFan
10-20-10, 11:29 PM
No kidding. It's one thing to be pissed about the "rule" (I've always thought it should just be a 15 yard penalty as opposed to a spot of the foul), but to sit and say that it was a bad call is absurd. It was the definition of PI.
Disagree. Then any deep ball that a CB is beat on he can just tackle the WR and get a 15 yard penalty.

Soriambi
10-21-10, 12:03 AM
Disagree. Then any deep ball that a CB is beat on he can just tackle the WR and get a 15 yard penalty.

Yep, which is what college does. I've always thought that they should change their rule. (college, that is.)

pjfan
10-21-10, 06:44 AM
I understand that, but in just as many cases, you have refs calling ticky tack fouls on deep balls, and the offense gets a free 40-50+ yards because of it.

Maybe it's more because our corners are awful most of the time :)

Snatch Catch
10-21-10, 09:49 AM
Off the top of my head I would disagree here. I think we remember the BAD pass interference calls that cost a lot of yards and lead to points that likely wouldn't have been scored otherwise, but I don't think it is in "many cases."

Jace
10-21-10, 11:34 AM

I'd just increase it to 20 yards, but make it a hard limit. The CB tackling the WR would still be a dumb play most of the time, because you dont know for sure that the WR is going to catch it, deep balls are very often not that accurate

Snatch Catch
10-21-10, 01:00 PM
The CB tackling the WR would still be a dumb play most of the time, because you dont know for sure that the WR is going to catch it, deep balls are very often not that accurate

All the more reason for the DB to not interfere.

Jace
10-21-10, 03:15 PM
All the more reason for the DB to not interfere.

I think you are agreeing with me

Snatch Catch
10-21-10, 04:06 PM
I think you are agreeing with me

Maybe...but I thought you were saying there should be a limit on how far a PI penalty could advance the ball. That I disagree with completely.

Jace
10-21-10, 04:30 PM
Maybe...but I thought you were saying there should be a limit on how far a PI penalty could advance the ball. That I disagree with completely.

Haha, ok. I think there should be a limit. I think refs are unable to call this penalty correctly (which is partially not their fault, its extremely difficult and subjective), and we should minimize their incredibly large impact on the game in this area

There are unquestionably downsides to setting a 20 yd limit (like corners just giving up and tackling the WR), but I think they are outweighed by the gains

TexMsg2525
10-24-10, 08:57 AM
*Withdrawal*

Jax Teller
10-27-10, 08:29 PM
Jarron Gilbert has been elevated to the active roster.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-27-10, 08:37 PM
Ok, it's been long enough without a game. Can they just play tomorrow?

AMYanks
10-28-10, 01:58 AM
http://blog.newyorkjets.com/2010/10/27/johnson-contacts-cablevision-and-fox/

Johnson Contacts Cablevision and Fox
Posted by Randy Lange on October 27, 2010 – 6:30 pm

The impasse between Cablevision and Fox TV is now threatening to impact the New York Jets and their fans. We’ve received numerous phonecalls, emails and tweets this week inquiring about what’s been happening and what’s going to happen to the telecast of the Jets-Packers game on Sunday, which is set to air on Fox beginning at 1 p.m. ET.

Jets owner Woody Johnson has been in contact with both sides in an effort to enable Jets fans across the tri-state area to view this weekend’s game.

This afternoon Johnson said in a statement:

“Today I spoke with Cablevision and News Corporation about the importance of broadcasting our game this Sunday. Both companies acknowledged the passion of our fans and their desire to watch the game. If a resolution cannot be reached, I hope that they can set aside their differences to air our game against the Packers.”

When negotiations reached a critical juncture on Friday, Oct. 15, Fox, owned by News Corp., at midnight pulled its programming from Cablevision and the signal has yet to resume. As a result, more than 3 million Cablevision subscribers across the region have missed 12 days of sports and entertainment, including the football Giants’ home game against the Lions two Sundays ago.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
10-29-10, 12:00 PM
I'd be pissed if I wasn't going to this game. Probably watch it at a bar, which would suck because I'd leave that bar at least $50 lighter. Screw fox anyway, their picture quality is easily the worst out of nbc, cbs, and espn. Not worth switching providers for one Jet game and the rest of fox's stupid shows.

Snatch Catch
10-29-10, 01:38 PM
I like the Jets on the whole in this game, but how is this a 6 point spread?

They could easily lose this game, and GB was a SB favorite just a few weeks ago before a couple of injuries. 6 points is a LOT of points to a team with the talent of GB.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
10-29-10, 03:00 PM

They could easily lose this game, and GB was a SB favorite just a few weeks ago before a couple of injuries. 6 points is a LOT of points to a team with the talent of GB.

Probably because the Packers defense is crippled with injuries, and weren't a great defense to begin with

Soriambi
10-29-10, 03:21 PM

Not that it's tremendously relevant, but I was looking at the results in the NFL thusfar this year, and I discovered that if you went with the underdog and took the points in every game all year long so far, you'd be something like 61-38 with 2 pushes. I agree that the Jets getting six is a pretty damn big spread. I wonder if it's smaller by game time.

Jax Teller
10-30-10, 03:24 PM
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2010/10/29/jets-slauson-goes-from-scared-to-solid-ttarter/

Good article. I've always been a Slauson fan.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-30-10, 08:16 PM
Good news: FOX is back on Cablevision.

just-blaze
10-30-10, 10:51 PM
And lost in all the hullabaloo (sp?) of the horrific Robinson/DJax hit was this play by Revis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sroL00sxzl0&feature=player_embedded

The best part is that it's a real TACKLE. Watch how he actually keeps his feet through the whole process, wraps Royal up initially, drives through the receiver, dislodges the ball, and somehow ends up with it in the end. He administers that hit, yet he never hits the ground. I wish I wasn't so put off by his heel turn, because he's such a fantastic player to watch play the game.

With the way Cromartie is playing, as well as guys like Coleman, if Revis comes back 100% healthy against GB it's going to be a great test of how good they can be.

There was a sick tackle that he put on Adrian Peterson in the backfield for a loss early in the Minny game.

Revis is certainly the total package.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-31-10, 12:01 AM
Anyone else getting the distinct feeling that Brett Favre is going to once again screw over the Jets this weekend?

Jax Teller
10-31-10, 12:07 AM
If he even plays, I would want Childress fired (if I was a Vikings fan).

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-31-10, 01:32 PM
Love the fake punt there. Too bad it didn't work.

Melan-cynic
10-31-10, 01:34 PM
Love it if it was from their own 40, not their own 4.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-31-10, 01:49 PM
I do, however, effing hate the Wildcat.

AMYanks
10-31-10, 01:51 PM
Great call Schotty, you don't want Sanchez to keep getting those pesky 1st downs.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-31-10, 02:23 PM
Effing refs.

AMYanks
10-31-10, 02:24 PM
3 yard slant play on 3rd and 11.

Even Paul Hackett is scratching his head.

Jace
10-31-10, 02:25 PM
When are they going to change the challenge rules to actually make ................ing sense? how is getting the call wrong but staying within these weird replay limitations useful at ALL?

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-31-10, 02:26 PM
"After review, we screwed up, but that's just too bad, and the ruling on the field stands. Sucks to be you!"

Melan-cynic
10-31-10, 02:26 PM
So annoying.

Jace
10-31-10, 02:27 PM
Everybody in the world knows what the correct call on the field was, however, we have cool review mental gymnastics that just amount to a justification for keeping the wrong call

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-31-10, 02:28 PM
This game is driving me nuts.

AMYanks
10-31-10, 02:33 PM
It's a matter of when, not if, Drew ................ing Coleman on Greg Jennings loses this game for us.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-31-10, 02:34 PM
At least getting tied before the half would be huge.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-31-10, 02:36 PM
At least getting tied before the half would be huge.

Or throw on 3rd and 1 with 80+ seconds left.

Melan-cynic
10-31-10, 02:36 PM
After that throw just get into the locker room @ 3-0 is ok with me.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-31-10, 02:40 PM
Jets won the time of possession, rushing yards, passing yards, and total yards battles...and yet it feels fortunate to be losing 3-0.

DRobertsonNYY
10-31-10, 02:50 PM
It's a matter of when, not if, Drew ................ing Coleman on Greg Jennings loses this game for us.

Revis always guards the other teams best player. I read that in this thread

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-31-10, 02:52 PM
I'm a troll

I agree.

Melan-cynic
10-31-10, 02:52 PM
Revis always guards the other teams best player. I read that in this thread
lol Keep on trolling with uninformed dribble. It's entertaining.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-31-10, 02:55 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:tCtOYbVdhnnIbM:http://i40.tinypic.com/w84wmw.jpg&t=1

dabomb2045
10-31-10, 02:58 PM
Can the Jets offense play ANY worse? My lord. That Holmes drop might have been a TD...there was nobody there to make a play. No running game, Sanchez isnt terribly sharp, Holmes is dropping passes, Edwards and Keller are invisible.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-31-10, 03:00 PM
Can the Jets offense play ANY worse?

Schottenheimer accepts your challenge.

Jace
10-31-10, 03:01 PM
yeah, that was borderline sabotage by holmes. scoring points is like not fun or something

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-31-10, 03:03 PM
I feel like I'm watching a replay of week 1.

Jax Teller
DRobertson's obsession with the Jets is getting creepy

Melan-cynic
yeah, that was borderline sabotage by holmes. scoring points is like not fun or something
To his credit he was hoping to run directly into Edwards and fumble.

Mark19
10-31-10, 03:06 PM
Seems like they are relying too heavily on LT -- also, where's Keller?

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-31-10, 03:09 PM
Anyone else getting the feeling this one is ending 3-0?

machphantom
10-31-10, 03:11 PM
No :D

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-31-10, 03:14 PM
A big thanks to Nick Mangold on that one.

Melan-cynic
10-31-10, 03:15 PM
Great kick ................ing Folk.

machphantom
10-31-10, 03:15 PM
This game is infuriatingggg

Jax Teller
10-31-10, 03:16 PM
Lmao figures

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-31-10, 03:31 PM
Huge play to Bredwards.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-31-10, 03:35 PM
................ this game.

Jace
10-31-10, 03:36 PM
wow, i didnt know that was part of the rules, the packers just have to wait until the jets players are down by contact, then take the ball away

dabomb2045
10-31-10, 03:36 PM
This game is atrocious. 3 turnovers in GB territory....although I dont know how that last one is an INT. Doesnt matter, we are out of challenges.

Jace
10-31-10, 03:37 PM
seriously, how is that an interception? they have called that twice today, the reason we dont have challenges is because they called it wrong ALREADY

dabomb2045
10-31-10, 03:38 PM
This team just looks totally flat today on offense. Everyone is "off".....QB, RBs, WRs, offensive line. Everyone.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-31-10, 03:39 PM
Seriously, ................ this game.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-31-10, 03:43 PM

Well, at least I was wrong.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-31-10, 03:50 PM
Ok. Need a TD.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-31-10, 03:53 PM
Well, thank God they ran a QB sneak on first and ten.

Jace
10-31-10, 03:53 PM
Well, with 3 catchable balls, i think Jerricho should try and catch none of them

dabomb2045
10-31-10, 03:54 PM
Our WR's get a F- for this game. Dropped passes all over the place.

Jace
10-31-10, 03:56 PM
Both "interceptions" are also the fault of the WRs (ok, Keller is a TE, whatever), as they allowed the defender to wrestle at the ball and confuse the simpleminded refs into thinking that tie goes to the defender

AMYanks
10-31-10, 04:00 PM
Somehow, Braylon Edwards has the best hands on the team.

Jace
10-31-10, 04:00 PM
Dont really get why they used all their timeouts there. 2:30 with 2 timeouts or 4 minutes with no timeouts, i guess its just a tradeoff, but id rather have the flexibility later on

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-31-10, 04:01 PM
Dont really get why they used all their timeouts there. 2:30 with 2 timeouts or 4 minutes with no timeouts, i guess its just a tradeoff, but id rather have the flexibility later on

I would have used two timeouts on that drive, and had one and the 2:00 warning.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-31-10, 04:01 PM
And that was a catch.

Jace
10-31-10, 04:02 PM
Cotchery deserves special recognition after this one

Jace
10-31-10, 04:02 PM
Also the refs. Can they ever get a close call correct in our favor? how was that not a catch, fumble, and recovery by keller

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-31-10, 04:03 PM
Bang up job, guys.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-31-10, 04:04 PM
And now we get to go watch Grandpa go play valiantly through a broken ankle and throw 11 pick sixes at Foxboro.

Jace
10-31-10, 04:05 PM
in my opinion, the refs were extremely terrible in this game with all of the really odd calls, but our players did nothing to assist them on the easy things. Cotchery had 4 1st down/touchdown pass drops on the last 2 series, only one of which was a tough play

Melan-cynic
No words. Terribly coached, executed and called game.

AMYanks
Great that Rex used all our TOs with 4 minutes to go.

What a pathetic game. From the coaches to the QB to the receivers. Embarrassing.

kan_t
10-31-10, 04:11 PM
Fake punt from own 4 in the first quater. Using all timeouts with 4 minutes to go. Lots of questionable coaching decisions.

AMYanks
10-31-10, 04:45 PM
Weatherford called the fake punt on his own, according to Rex.

dabomb2045
10-31-10, 05:14 PM
Am I the only one who thought the Jets threw the ball too much? Greene needs to be getting more then 6 carries a game. Sanchez has thrown 44 and 38 passes the last two games....I think its too much.

Of course none of that would have mattered if the WR's didnt suck, but I still felt they abandoned the running game. I am so damn annoyed losing a game in which the defense basically allowed one halfway decent drive by GB. They essentially allowed 3 points (the other 6 coming off the failed fake punt, and the turnovers on downs at the end).

Snatch Catch
10-31-10, 05:18 PM
A total disgrace offensively. Schottenheimer, Sanchez, Cotch, and Holmes. All terribleness personified today.

dabomb2045
10-31-10, 05:21 PM
Holmes and Cotchery are guys known as sure-handed receivers too. Its not as if they have a knack for drops....Holmes first 3 games have been very dissapointing so far.

BillBuckner
10-31-10, 05:45 PM
Awful. Although to their credit, it can't be easy to suck that much.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
10-31-10, 05:55 PM
They better beat the hell out of Detroit next week.

GordonGecko
10-31-10, 06:14 PM
schotteinheimer back to his old schitty play calling, sick of this guy

Brick Tamland
11-01-10, 09:37 AM
I should have known better than to pick the Jets in my survivor pool this week. A goose egg at home to the injury ravaged Packers...makes sense. Thanks Rex.

Yanks4eva1
11-01-10, 01:01 PM
Ugly ugly ugly game. If they don't take out the Lions next week, God help me.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
11-01-10, 01:30 PM
Disappointing loss. 2 seasons, 2 weak performances after the bye week. Giving up 9 points to Aaron Rodgers and you lose? Wow. Bad play calling, I thought they should have run the ball more, especially with Shonn Greene running well this week. No reason to have Sanchez throw 39 times when you're only down 3 points for a good portion of the game.

A bad loss, no doubt, but at least it was to an NFC team. I don't think Sanchez necessarily played horribly, the fact that he didn't wet the bed was actually encouraging to me. Games like this last year he would have thrown 3 or 4 awful picks.

I'd like to see some more consistent pass rushing, coughJASON TAYLORcough but holding Rodgers to under 200 yards passing when he threw it over 30 times is outstanding and shouldn't be overlooked because the offense was so bad.

dabomb2045
11-01-10, 03:47 PM
Just throwing it out there....does anyone think the Jets show interest in Moss?

Melan-cynic
11-01-10, 03:53 PM
Nope.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
11-01-10, 04:08 PM
Just throwing it out there....does anyone think the Jets show interest in Moss?

I'd be shocked.

dabomb2045
11-01-10, 04:12 PM
As would I....I figured it would be worth throwing out there to see if anyone thought they might take a look at him. I think he'll end up back w the Pats.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
11-01-10, 04:19 PM
As would I....I figured it would be worth throwing out there to see if anyone thought they might take a look at him. I think he'll end up back w the Pats.

I didn't think I could hate the Pats anymore than I already do. They could get Moss back, and the return in the trade, and have the best record in football.

ojo
11-02-10, 01:56 PM
Am I the only one who thought the Jets threw the ball too much? Greene needs to be getting more then 6 carries a game. Sanchez has thrown 44 and 38 passes the last two games....I think its too much.

Of course none of that would have mattered if the WR's didnt suck, but I still felt they abandoned the running game. I am so damn annoyed losing a game in which the defense basically allowed one halfway decent drive by GB. They essentially allowed 3 points (the other 6 coming off the failed fake punt, and the turnovers on downs at the end).

I'll take this even further. Winning with LT aint as good as winning with Greene.

If you're winning with Greene, you're wearing down the interior of the opposing DEF line. Successfully running Greene means you're in a higher probability range to win that particular game. LT is predicated on holes, shiftiness, whatever.

Break their noses. That's the crap that translates to cold weather. This is probably a pile of nonsense here, but Greene's your guy. Not LT.

Snatch Catch
11-02-10, 02:52 PM
I suspect, much like last year, Greene will be the Jets closer as the season wears on.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
11-02-10, 03:26 PM
Agree, he was really running the ball hard Sunday and I don't think he got enough touches. It was a bad idea to throw the ball 40 times when the Jets were only down 3 points for most of the game. We should have kept beating them up with Greene, man can that guy finish a run off

b_joseph
11-03-10, 09:39 AM
Moss met with some players apparently..interesting to see if there is any substance to this.

dabomb2045
11-07-10, 01:44 PM
So thats two straight games the Jets have come out flat. WTF. The offense right now is unwatchable.