PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 New York Jets Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Melan-cynic
09-13-10, 09:01 PM
Blow me, Cromartie.He might if you have childbearing hips.

Mark19
09-13-10, 09:14 PM
Greene looks terrible, Jets D has to carry the day -- offense may be among the league's worst

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
09-13-10, 09:35 PM
74 passing yards by Sanchez. WTH?

NyQuil
09-13-10, 09:36 PM
74 passing yards by Sanchez. WTH?

I think you have your version of Trent Edwards.

Melan-cynic
09-13-10, 09:37 PM
I think you have your version of Trent Edwards.:lol: Yeah. Week 1 folks and Sanchez goes from playoff star to Trent Edwards. Sure why not.

Greene looks terrible, Jets D has to carry the day -- offense may be among the league's worst Again. First game of the season. The geniuses are out in full force already.

Jace
Kind of amazing the defense and special teams gave the offense that many chances, especially with all the penalties on the secondary

Greene looked like he took about 10 advils right before the game

Sanchez looked like Schottenheimer yelled checkdown into his head about 7 million times this summer

Keller is a genius

CoyoteYankee
The Jets D was great (unsurprisingly) given how long they were on the field and how many yards Comartie handed to the Ravens.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
09-13-10, 09:38 PM
Anyone else think they should have gone for it instead of kick the field goal in the 4th?

kan_t
09-13-10, 09:40 PM
Sanchez, Comartie and Wilson killed the Jets in the first game.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
09-13-10, 09:40 PM
This passing offense is such crap, even the Paul Hackett days were more entertaining

NyQuil
09-13-10, 09:42 PM
:lol: Yeah. Week 1 folks and Sanchez goes from playoff star to Trent Edwards. Sure why not.

I'm not being inflammatory. I watched Sanchez at USC and he never particularly impressed me enough to be a top five pick. He may lead them to the playoffs again but he may become the next Captain Checkdown.

We'll see.

Jace
09-13-10, 09:45 PM

Thats really not true at all. In the end, Cromartie and Wilson combined to cost the team 1 touchdown (in a passing, high offense league) and a lot of questionable penalties. They didn't look very pretty doing it, but they definitely didn't lose the game

Sanchez didn't look amazing either, but I only remember 1 terrible throw from early in the first quarter. Other than that, he was just following the 5 yard checkdown gameplan

Shonn Greene definitely cost the Jets a lot more. Including: the momentum with that COMPLETELY unforced fumble, and a late first down in Ravens territory with that unforced drop

Melan-cynic
09-13-10, 09:45 PM
I'm not being inflammatory. I watched Sanchez at USC and he never particularly impressed me enough to be a top five pick. He may lead them to the playoffs again but he may become the next Captain Checkdown.

We'll see.Dude GTFO. Hm, it may rain tomorrow or it may be sunny. Thanks for the news flash.

You're trolling and comparing him to Trent Edwards after Week 1. It's silly and transparent.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
09-13-10, 09:46 PM

The flimsy "roughing the kicker" call was the biggest difference maker, I think.

NyQuil
09-13-10, 09:47 PM
Dude GTFO. Hm, it may rain tomorrow or it may be sunny. Thanks for the news flash.

You're trolling and comparing him to Trent Edwards after Week 1. It's silly and transparent.

Whatever I posted an honest comment with no baiting and you are the one telling me to ................ off. Have a nice season.

Melan-cynic
09-13-10, 09:49 PM
Whatever I posted an honest comment with no baiting and you are the one telling me to ................ off. Have a nice season.Honest comment?

When did Edwards play great in three consecutive playoff games including the AFC title game? I'm not guaranteeing anything about Sanchez's future, but saying the Jets have their own Trent Edwards is embarrassing trolling.

Where were you with the Edwards comments in January?

AMYanks
09-13-10, 09:52 PM

I put as much blame on Schotty as I do Sanchez. He has battered Sanchez over the head with this check down rule, Sanchez was afraid to take even the slightest gamble down field. There were only two or three attempts all game.

Conversely, Sanchez needs to realize on his own that the check down isn't the first or second option.

Melan-cynic
09-13-10, 09:53 PM
I put as much blame on Schotty as I do Sanchez. He has battered Sanchez over the head with this check down rule, Sanchez was afraid to take even the slightest gamble down field. There were only two or three attempts all game.

Conversely, Sanchez needs to realize on his own that the check down isn't the first or second option.Q.F.T.

Mark19
09-13-10, 10:05 PM
Little dump-offs and 5 yard lobs can't be the only thing in the team's offensive arsenal

Yankeesfan924
09-13-10, 10:07 PM
I'm disgusted with this offense. I don't know what I was watching, but it definitely wasn't football.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
09-13-10, 10:27 PM
I'm disgusted with this offense. I don't know what I was watching, but it definitely wasn't football.
You saw an offense that looked unprepared and was hopelessly overmatched. From schittenheimer on down, this offense needs to make massive improvements if the Jets are going to win a super bowl. The defense is fine, the run defense was inspiring without Jenkins. Shame the offense is so awful.

dabomb2045
09-13-10, 11:29 PM
Between the Girardi debacle and this joke of a football game....what a disasterous sports night.

That was a embarassing offensive performance. Just embarassing. Whats sad is that if we even have a halfway competent offense we win this game easily. The defense played great. Yes a few too many third down conversions...some dumb penalties but I also thought some of the penalties called (the Edwards running into the kicker...Cundiff flopped...and a few of the illegal contact penalties were terrible) were bogus. They bottled up Ray Rice. Boldin made a few too many plays but overall you give up 10 points...you should always win.

The offense just sh*t itself. Greene's fumble was huge. Between dropped passes, Sanchez and his checkdowns, no creativity in the playcalling (run, run, short pass etc etc), mental mistakes (wth are you doing Keller?)....it was just embarassing. I'd expect more from a high school team.

AMYanks
09-14-10, 12:02 AM
http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/24447833256

Kris Jenkins will have his MRI @9am on his injured knee but for now Jets doctors optimistic its not an ACL. Jenkins left game in 1st Qtr

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
09-14-10, 12:05 AM
Bill Daughtry from 1050 is the worst, he's clueless. He basically kills Sanchez, and in the next sentence he says the wr's are nothing special. Yea that makes sense. I don't think Sanchez attempted 5 throws beyond 10 yards. The wr's are fine, Schittenheimer is an awful coach (been complaining about him for years) and Sanchez has no confidence. No wr's would thrive under these circumstances

dabomb2045
09-14-10, 12:11 AM
Bill Daughtry from 1050 is the worst, he's clueless. He basically kills Sanchez, and in the next sentence he says the wr's are nothing special. Yea that makes sense. I don't think Sanchez attempted 5 throws beyond 10 yards. The wr's are fine, Schittenheimer is an awful coach (been complaining about him for years) and Sanchez has no confidence. No wr's would thrive under these circumstances

Other then the pass to Keller which was called back on Brick's holding....and an overthrown bomb to Cotchery....I dont recall any other pass attempts longer then 10-15 yards.

Its a joke this offense. You gotta let your QB take chances down the field. You cant be predictable and run on every run down, and pass on every pass down. Its just ridiculous. They couldnt have made it any easier for the Ravens D tonight.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
09-14-10, 12:36 AM
Other then the pass to Keller which was called back on Brick's holding....and an overthrown bomb to Cotchery....I dont recall any other pass attempts longer then 10-15 yards.

Its a joke this offense. You gotta let your QB take chances down the field. You cant be predictable and run on every run down, and pass on every pass down. Its just ridiculous. They couldnt have made it any easier for the Ravens D tonight.

That's right, enough is enough with this conservative crap. I saw enough from Sanchez in those two playoff games for me to think that Sanchez can make big throws. Schotty is not aggressive enough, it's just how he is as a coach. He mixes in these hit or miss trick plays and that's it for the risk taking.

kan_t
09-14-10, 09:05 AM
Thats really not true at all. In the end, Cromartie and Wilson combined to cost the team 1 touchdown (in a passing, high offense league) and a lot of questionable penalties. They didn't look very pretty doing it, but they definitely didn't lose the game

Sanchez didn't look amazing either, but I only remember 1 terrible throw from early in the first quarter. Other than that, he was just following the 5 yard checkdown gameplan

1) 1 touchdown was hugh when the Jets were facing one of the best defensive teams in the league. And they were one of the main reasons of Ravens crazy high third down success rate.

2) Sanchez might only have 1 terrible throw. But his game approach was terrible. The Ravens didn't need to think about any deep throws. And no matter how the Jets liked to run, 10/21 C/ATT, 74 YDS was terrible from a QB.

kan_t
09-14-10, 09:08 AM

Exactly, the Ravens are good at run defense. And Sanchez made them easy for focusing on run defense more.

GordonGecko
09-14-10, 09:27 AM
I was at the game last night, and the Stadium is a total bust if you're anywhere in the top half (I'm talking upper Mezzanine or upper deck). My seats were in upper prime at the 40 yard line (5th row), and I could barely make out the players. I moved down to Mezzanine 224B for the second half (in one of 5 empty rows) in a low row and it was still hard to make out the players, and worse was the end zone view where you can't really make out field position movement. Then in the 4th Quarter I moved down into lower 117 at the goal line which were excellent seats.

There were tons of Ravens fans in the stands, and they took remarkably little abuse. Even the guy who threw his beer down from the upper deck missed the row of 4 Raven fans and leveled one of the female ushers (not cool). They were throwing paper airplanes from up there the whole second half

The sound system was good, scoreboards are really nice, although it was kind of dorky to show the smoke that was coming out of the boards themselves. Fireworks were also a nice touch, but it was a strange sight at halftime when all the smoke dropped in and visibility went down to zero, doh!

Concession stands are much better than the old place, but I'm not that impressed with the options, I guess I need to explore them a little more. The concourses are nice and wide though, it's too bad you can't see the field from them.

I know this from last year too, but whoever designed the train system are a bunch of retard dropouts from correspondence planning school. You have to change trains at Secaucus or get on at Hoboken, and they love to leave the train in the station forever to make you sweat. Then train takes the scenic route and makes a giant loop around the stadium. Once you get there, you have to get off at one end instead of just having everyone be able to walk off the platform anywhere you want. Getting back on the train is even worse, good luck getting out within 45 minutes unless you run at the end of the 4th quarter from your lower level seats. They take forever to let people get on the platform, and then it's the long train ride home with the transfer that all takes forever.

Overall I give the new place a C (I rate Yankee Stadium about an A-)

OlgMvp
09-14-10, 09:44 AM
http://twitter.com/thejetsstream

NBC-NY has been promoting this as the lead story for its 11 PM news all through out the game tonight. Unreal. A provocatively dressed female reporter walks into a mens locker room and hears some harmless cat calls? Someone alert the church elders!

Who's going to be the guest speaker? Joe Namath? :lol:

Jace
09-14-10, 10:27 AM
1) 1 touchdown was hugh when the Jets were facing one of the best defensive teams in the league. And they were one of the main reasons of Ravens crazy high third down success rate.

2) Sanchez might only have 1 terrible throw. But his game approach was terrible. The Ravens didn't need to think about any deep throws. And no matter how the Jets liked to run, 10/21 C/ATT, 74 YDS was terrible from a QB.

You are out of your mind on your first point. Every secondary in the league would take 1 touchdown allowed per game, end of story. If the secondary was at fault for 7 points per game, they would be easily the best defense in the league. Faulting that for the loss is like you are in a time warp to the 70s where passing wasn't as big a factor

How is the game approach, especially for an early 2nd year QB, not in large part the fault of the coordinator and coach? Sanchez obviously needs a bunch of improved decision making, but it was just as obvious that he was following a gameplan given to him. I am in no way saying he had a good game, obviously that makes no sense either, but I think the playcalling played a bigger factor because the playcalling was designed to minimize Sanchez's impact

Citing 10/21 for 74 yards if you actually saw the game isn't that different from citing hold stats in baseball- you saw the easy dropped passes (cotchery and shonn greene come to mind immediately, once again, from watching the game) and designed short throws like everyone else. And probably 7 of those throws were in those 2 desperation drives at the end when they were forced to throw or forfeit. They weren't really throwing all game

Melan-cynic
09-14-10, 10:32 AM
Agreed on all accounts Jace.

kan_t
09-14-10, 10:49 AM
You are out of your mind on your first point. Every secondary in the league would take 1 touchdown allowed per game, end of story. If the secondary was at fault for 7 points per game, they would be easily the best defense in the league. Faulting that for the loss is like you are in a time warp to the 70s where passing wasn't as big a factor

How is the game approach, especially for an early 2nd year QB, not in large part the fault of the coordinator and coach? Sanchez obviously needs a bunch of improved decision making, but it was just as obvious that he was following a gameplan given to him. I am in no way saying he had a good game, obviously that makes no sense either, but I think the playcalling played a bigger factor because the playcalling was designed to minimize Sanchez's impact

Citing 10/21 for 74 yards if you actually saw the game isn't that different from citing hold stats in baseball- you saw the easy dropped passes (cotchery and shonn greene come to mind immediately, once again, from watching the game) and designed short throws like everyone else. And probably 7 of those throws were in those 2 desperation drives at the end when they were forced to throw or forfeit. They weren't really throwing all game
My first point was just focus on that game, not in general. Both teams are top teams in the league and a touch down made a difference in that game.

Second point is fair.

mentalgidget
09-14-10, 11:51 AM
http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora

Jenkins out for season. Torn ACL

Melan-cynic
09-14-10, 11:57 AM
Unreal.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
09-14-10, 11:57 AM
http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora

Jenkins out for season. Torn ACL

Oh God. :giveup:

Brooklyn Yankee Fan
09-14-10, 12:04 PM

This really sucks, not just for the team, but for Big Jenks on a personal level. He's such a great guy, and now his career might just be over.

----------------------------------------------

According to a tweet from incarceratedBob, whoever the hell that is,

**BREAKING NEWS** 2 Sources indicate Rex & Schottenheimer involved in a altercation in closed area after game last night (Shoving & Yelling)

**BREAKING NEWS** The altercation seems to be over the Shonn Greene benching and play calls on final drive.

Altercation or not, I would hope the offensive play-calling will continue to be a heavy discussion throughout the week leading up to NE on Sunday. We all know how well the defense played last night (despite penalties, of course), and now the offense has to step it up. And stepping it up just isn't directed at Mark and company, it's at Schotty too.

PinstripePride
09-14-10, 12:13 PM
Devastating blow. That's the end of his career. Thanks for everything, Big Jinx.

GordonGecko
09-14-10, 12:17 PM
That's really lousy

Melan-cynic
09-14-10, 12:19 PM
Tough way for his career to end. Same ACL in same knee in the first quarter of the first game of the season. Great guy, great player. Too bad.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
09-14-10, 12:21 PM
Wonderful. Didn't even make it 1 quarter. Got a bad feeling about this season.

RhodyYanksFan
09-14-10, 12:51 PM
Tough way for his career to end. Same ACL in same knee in the first quarter of the first game of the season. Great guy, great player. Too bad.

That's a rough way to go out.

Brick Tamland
09-14-10, 01:35 PM
Wonderful. Didn't even make it 1 quarter. Got a bad feeling about this season.

They'll just end up trading for Haynesworth.

dabomb2045
09-14-10, 01:36 PM
Obviously a huge blow to lose Jenkins. Such a good player but a victim of bad luck. If that tweet is true, not surprised that Rex and Schottenheimer argued. If our offense doesnt improve I could easily see a defense vs offense feud start.

I just rewatched the game on DVR again. Here's some thoughts:

1) Our defense played fine overall BUT they do need to play better on 3rd down. I guess I'm contradicting myself because I am a big fan of blitzing and being aggressive....but it seemed like every single time we sent the house on 3rd down, we got burned. We were getting to Flacco too late or the blitzes were being picked up nicely. Flacco was able to identify the 1 on 1--which was Boldin on either Cro or Wilson alot of the time. We got killed everytime. I suppose you have to credit the Ravens for being well-prepared for the blitzing and handling it well, but it also means we should have adjusted off of that. So either you tone down the blitzing a little or you figure out a way to have Revis be the guy who is stuck 1 on 1 with someone. Either way...it needs to be fixed because you cant keep getting burned on 3rd down this way.

2) Picking up where #1 left off....they needed to roll Revis towards Boldin more. Mason was a non-factor and I'd take my chances with him 1 on 1 against Cro/Wilson then I would Boldin who is a much better WR right now. Last year he was attached at the hip to big time WRs like Moss, Andre Johnson, Owens, Steve Smith etc etc.

3) Watched Sanchez closely. Most of us were right about him checking down too much. What was even worse watching the tape more closely? His checkdown was often his FIRST READ. I mean the guy was barely even looking down the field. Inexcusable. I dont know whats going on here--whether its Sanchez lacking confidence, or the coaching staff drilling into his head too much about "playing safe", "making no mistakes" that its scared him and taken away his aggressiveness. Whatever it is, it needs to change and this kid needs to use his weapons down the field. I mean Edwards, Cotchery, Keller and Holmes when he returns....all of these guys can make plays down the field. You gotta take those shots.

4) On top of Sanchez's checkdowns...the playcalling itself was abysmal. No unpredictability. Running on run downs. Passing on pass downs. The Ravens D had it easy. They essentially didnt have to worry about the field past 10-15 yards past the line of scrimmage. The Jets took TWO shots down the field. One incomplete pass to Cotch, and the Keller completion which was nullified by the Edwards illegal shift. NO creativity. No screen passes to get LDT in space. Just nothing. I dont know what the hell the offensive gameplan was, but it was one of the worst I've ever seen.

5) What was with all the motion/shifting in offensive sets? The Jets never did this last year. It created alot on confusion and led to some dumb penalties.

6) Some of the penalties on Cro were bogus. The one PI on Wilson in the end zone I didnt like either.

7) The running into the kicker on Edwards was even worse. Cundiff flopped soccer style and the ref fell for it.

8) Tough game for Wilson as he was getting picked on alot. Again though, it came down to Rex's blitzes leaving this kid alone 1 on 1 on the Ravens best WR. Is that maybe a bit too much to ask for? A rookie taking on that assignment in his first pro game? Its alot to put on the kid's plate IMO. He's talented as hell (he made a few nice plays too including breaking up a would be Heap TD pass) and I hope the fans dont turn on him (I've started to see it already from Jets fans elsewhere).

9) Shonn Greene didnt look like he was mentally in this game at all. The team as a whole seemed that way as well with some of the careless penalties that took place.

10) The decision to cut Faneca looks bad already. Slauson nearly got Sanchez killed and is a liability passing blocking. Ducasse surely isnt ready either as evidenced by his preseason. This is a problem.

All in all...the defense had many positives. Clean up the penalties. Figure out a way to get Revis on the other teams best WR more. Maybe be a bit more judicious with the blitzes.

But it all comes down to the offense. This is nowhere near a Super Bowl offense. Whats sad is that the offensive talent IS THERE to be a good offense. Why is it being underutilized? Why is our QB afraid to throw the ball more then 10 yards down the field? Why is the playcalling so predictable and conservative? Obviously that is all on the coaching staff. If it doesnt change...it will be a long season.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
09-14-10, 02:53 PM
They'll just end up trading for Haynesworth.

That would be nice but isn't the whole point of contention in Washington, besides Haynesworth's attitude, the fact that he wants to be in a 4-3 defense?

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
09-14-10, 03:00 PM
8) Tough game for Wilson as he was getting picked on alot. Again though, it came down to Rex's blitzes leaving this kid alone 1 on 1 on the Ravens best WR. Is that maybe a bit too much to ask for? A rookie taking on that assignment in his first pro game? Its alot to put on the kid's plate IMO. He's talented as hell (he made a few nice plays too including breaking up a would be Heap TD pass) and I hope the fans dont turn on him (I've started to see it already from Jets fans elsewhere).

This really pissed me off. It's like the coaching staff thinks that because Kyle Wilson is a Jet, that he will magically play like a veteran. I mean do they HAVE blitz on every single third down?

Hellsing
09-14-10, 03:05 PM
I think you have your version of Trent Edwards.

Unoriginal.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/18108/is-mark-sanchez-new-captain-checkdown

Brick Tamland
09-14-10, 03:11 PM
That would be nice but isn't the whole point of contention in Washington, besides Haynesworth's attitude, the fact that he wants to be in a 4-3 defense?

Good point. But bottom line is Haynesworth wants out, and probably loves Rex Ryan's brash style. I mean this is the same guy who raked his cleets over some dude's face a couple years ago (not that I am equating Rex mouthing off to physical assault on a football field). I'd bet they do everything they can to get him in a Jets Uni. And I think there'd be a lot less b!tching from Haynesworth so long as he gets away from Shannahan and out of Washington.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
09-14-10, 03:19 PM
Good point. But bottom line is Haynesworth wants out, and probably loves Rex Ryan's brash style. I mean this is the same guy who raked his cleets over some dude's face a couple years ago (not that I am equating Rex mouthing off to physical assault on a football field). I'd bet they do everything they can to get him in a Jets Uni. And I think there'd be a lot less b!tching from Haynesworth so long as he gets away from Shannahan and out of Washington.

Attitude issues to go along with lots of talent...sounds like a Jet! I'd like the move if it happens.

Melan-cynic
09-14-10, 03:29 PM
And only $40M guaranteed money left to pay!

Not happening folks.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
09-14-10, 03:50 PM
And only $40M guaranteed money left to pay!

Not happening folks.

Apparently there is significantly less than 40m guaranteed left to be paid, unless I'm interpreting the information wrong

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/albert-haynesworth/more-on-the-albert-haynesworth.html

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20100908/SPORTS01/9080364/Albert-Haynesworth-may-return-to-Tennessee-Titans

I'm not clamoring for this move, but the Jets definitely need more depth on the d-line. This should have been addressed last year, Jenkins hasn't made it through a full year yet for this team

BxBomber44
09-14-10, 03:56 PM
Which CB was on Boldin all night? 110 yards?

Melan-cynic
09-14-10, 04:09 PM
Apparently there is significantly less than 40m guaranteed left to be paid, unless I'm interpreting the information wrongHe signed a contract that gave him about $90M and $42M guaranteed. He's still got a ton of that left after only playing one year of it. It's not happening.

dabomb2045
09-14-10, 05:12 PM
Which CB was on Boldin all night? 110 yards?

Mostly Wilson....occassionally Cromartie. Revis was on Mason all game.

Jace
09-14-10, 06:28 PM
I have to say the snarkiness of pretty much every article i read about the Jets today (including about the season ending injury to Jenkins) was layed on pretty thick, obviously expected in large part. What with the Jets predicting they would be in the Super Bowl and all

God forbid anyone try to have fun or be brash these days, you get cut down pretty hard. You better be vanilla and boring and humble, give the people what they want

TheManKnownAsMecca
09-14-10, 07:24 PM
Unoriginal.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/18108/is-mark-sanchez-new-captain-checkdown

Not trying to take sides but Nyquil called Sanchez a possible Captain Checkdown on September 13th. Tim Graham called him Captain Checkdown on September 14th. So unless you were calling Tim Graham unoriginal, I'm confused.

GordonGecko
09-14-10, 07:54 PM
I have to say the snarkiness of pretty much every article i read about the Jets today (including about the season ending injury to Jenkins) was layed on pretty thick, obviously expected in large part. What with the Jets predicting they would be in the Super Bowl and all

God forbid anyone try to have fun or be brash these days, you get cut down pretty hard. You better be vanilla and boring and humble, give the people what they want
The defence played well enough to beat any team, but Brian Schottenheimer made sure the Jets weren't going to win. Word is that he and Rex got into a big fight after the game. Whether or not that's true, I expect Rex to take a more hands on approach to the offense for the Patriots game. If the defence can keep it up and especially fix the non-Revis corner problems, then the Jets have a shot if they take the kid gloves off nacho. I said it before, Revis won't be the difference between a SB or no SB, the offence will make or break this team

Brooklyn Yankee Fan
09-14-10, 08:01 PM

He may want out of Washington, but he's openly spoken out on how he does not want to play in the 3-4.

Our best bet is going after Shaun Rogers, which apparently the ESPN Radio station out there has said the Jets contacted the Browns about Rogers, and the Browns would be asking for a 2nd round pick.

AMYanks
09-14-10, 10:54 PM
Our best bet is going after Shaun Rogers, which apparently the ESPN Radio station out there has said the Jets contacted the Browns about Rogers, and the Browns would be asking for a 2nd round pick.

No way it happens then. Jenkins is great, but this DL proved last year (and proved last night) they can be great without him. We don't need to give up a 2nd round pick for a lineman.

Brick Tamland
09-15-10, 08:17 AM

Well I know you kind of hinted at this but what did you expect? This team was going to get crucified if they didn't go 16-0 as it is, and laying an egg on Monday night in your home opener at your brand spanking new stadium isn't the way to keep the haters at bay.

I'm not a Jets fan but I'm excited to see this season play out with all the smack that's been talked by Ryan et al. Really looking forward to the game this Sunday since my GMen will be playing at night.

GordonGecko
09-15-10, 08:53 AM
Well I know you kind of hinted at this but what did you expect? This team was going to get crucified if they didn't go 16-0 as it is, and laying an egg on Monday night in your home opener at your brand spanking new stadium isn't the way to keep the haters at bay.

I'm not a Jets fan but I'm excited to see this season play out with all the smack that's been talked by Ryan et al. Really looking forward to the game this Sunday since my GMen will be playing at night.
It's weird to see all the Jets/Rex haters come out with the I told you so's. And not only is Boomer Esiason also piling in, but so is freggin Joe Namath. Isn't Joe the same guy that tried to hook up with a female reporter on national TV? The hypocrisy is mindblowing

The Jets have done nothing wrong except believe in themselves. There's some sloppyness right now and some lack of discipline, but Rex will reign that in. If the Jets win on Sunday all will be forgotten from Monday. The real problem right now is Schottenheimer. He needs to be overruled or let go

Brick Tamland
09-15-10, 09:11 AM
It's weird to see all the Jets/Rex haters come out with the I told you so's. And not only is Boomer Esiason also piling in, but so is freggin Joe Namath. Isn't Joe the same guy that tried to hook up with a female reporter on national TV? The hypocrisy is mindblowing

The Jets have done nothing wrong except believe in themselves. There's some sloppyness right now and some lack of discipline, but Rex will reign that in. If the Jets win on Sunday all will be forgotten from Monday. The real problem right now is Schottenheimer. He needs to be overruled or let go

Why is it weird? You had to realize that talking the smack that the Jets have been they'd be crushed if/when they got embarrassed right? Although I do agree with you on Namath. Guy has no leg to stand on.

Speak softly and carry a big stick is apparently an expression Rex is not to fond of. Don't get me wrong I love the bravado but you have to expect people to kill you if you talk openly about being the best team in the NFL and pick up only 6 first downs on Monday night.

GordonGecko
09-15-10, 09:14 AM
Why is it weird? You had to realize that talking the smack that the Jets have been they'd be crushed if/when they got embarrassed right? Although I do agree with you on Namath. Guy has no leg to stand on.

Speak softly and carry a big stick is apparently an expression Rex is not to fond of. Don't get me wrong I love the bravado but you have to expect people to kill you if you talk openly about being the best team in the NFL and pick up only 6 first downs on Monday night.
True, but the defence did show up as advertised. Any team in the league will take 9 pts allowed, you should be able to win with that. My point is that this is the first game, and the Ravens are a good team. I don't think anyone expected the Jets to go 16-0, but everyone expects them to make the playoffs and make a good run to the SB. People need to hold their judgement until the end of the season

Axon
09-15-10, 09:30 AM
True, but the defence did show up as advertised. Any team in the league will take 9 pts allowed, you should be able to win with that. My point is that this is the first game, and the Ravens are a good team. I don't think anyone expected the Jets to go 16-0, but everyone expects them to make the playoffs and make a good run to the SB. People need to hold their judgement until the end of the season

I agree. The defense was stellar. The Ravens are actually a very balanced squad with a strong offense, even if the Jets made it appear otherwise. It is easy to forget how good Flacco is since he doesn't have the media drooling over him as they do some other QBs. Nonetheless, he was the difference between the two teams on Monday.

Sanchez and co. need to be able to punch home their opportunities and not settle for field goals alone. Obviously, had they capitalized on the turnovers, they would have won easily. This is not entirely Sanchez's fault. They need to use him properly - short, quick passes. Play action followed up by running plays. Let him build some confidence. I think he'll eventually get to be a top 10 QB in the NFL. Not elite, but certainly good enough to win.

Jace
09-15-10, 09:50 AM

Whatever man. The stupid "well i dont know about the Super Bowl, we have to take it one game at a time and hope for the best and play our hardest" crap is BS and boring and you know it. But if you dont do that and just blank out any personality, you are going to get crucified. I dont really get how that is cool, i think it ruins the fun and it masks reality

Brick Tamland
09-15-10, 09:52 AM

Yeah I think it's just a little schadenfreude. Hey, if the Jets TCB on Sunday people will forget all about Monday night anyway.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
09-15-10, 11:11 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2010/09/15/2010-09-15_not_hard_to_knock_gang_greens_sorry_group.html

What a bunch of bulls**t

"It's easy to dismiss the Sainz case as some kind of peripheral distraction, but then you read what Clinton Portis of Washington said on the matter in a radio interview - "You put a woman and you give her a choice of 53 athletes, somebody got to be appealing to her" - and you understand this is more a culture than an isolated incident. Portis apologized later for his insensitivity, and this sort of thing needs to become a real teaching moment for these guys."

How about a teaching moment for this stunt reporter Ines Sainz? I highly doubt that any other female reporter in this country that takes her job as a reporter seriously would strut around the practice field and then the locker room in nightclub clothes. But then again, they don't claim to be "the hottest sports reporter"

I love defending the Jets on this crap to the many Jet haters I know, bunch of fake moralists that they are.

Axon
09-15-10, 11:28 AM
While there's certainly some degree of hypocrisy to both sides of the Sainz thing - I won't hate on the Jets because the first thing I did when I read the story was click on her pictures - be careful with the "she was asking for it" stuff.

AMYanks
09-15-10, 06:51 PM
http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2010/09/15/brady-gives-patriots-fans-an-earful/

“The road environment is very different than our very friendly home crowd, who when I looked up, half the stadium was gone when we were up 21 points early fourth quarter, which I wasn’t so happy about,” Brady said. “I don’t think the Jets fans leave early. They’re going to be loud the whole game. Communication is always an issue."

Thanks, Tom! :cheer:

GordonGecko
09-15-10, 06:55 PM
http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2010/09/15/brady-gives-patriots-fans-an-earful/

Thanks, Tom! :cheer:
The guy has been watching Hard Knocks, why else would he be talking about the Jets so much. Common Tommy, come play for a real coach ;) Your lady lives here too...

Melan-cynic
09-15-10, 08:02 PM

Thanks, Tom! :cheer:That's a cool quote - assuming it's sincere. Thanks AM.

Melan-cynic
09-16-10, 01:14 PM
This is when it really hits home that you're a backup QB:

http://www.thejetsblog.com/wordpress/wp-content/themes/retreat-sny/thumb.php?src=wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/BrunellMisspell.jpg&w=475px&h=&zc=1&q=90

AMYanks
09-16-10, 02:34 PM
http://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/24687171605

Uh, oh: Darrelle Revis limited in practice today because of hamstring. Residual from holdout? #Jets

Melan-cynic
09-16-10, 02:41 PM
Cuz guys never pull hammies... Still, if it lingers that's not good for business.

dabomb2045
09-16-10, 02:57 PM
When you talk smack and boast the way the Jets do (and come across as bunch of arrogant douches the way they did in Hard Knocks)....people cant wait to tear you down when you cant back up the talk.

Thats just the way the world works. We're gonna have to get used to it. The Jets deserved all the criticism coming their way regarding this loss IMO....the offense was high school-esque and they got outcoached.

CoyoteYankee
09-16-10, 03:22 PM
When you talk smack and boast the way the Jets do (and come across as bunch of arrogant douches the way they did in Hard Knocks)....people cant wait to tear you down when you cant back up the talk.

Thats just the way the world works. We're gonna have to get used to it. The Jets deserved all the criticism coming their way regarding this loss IMO....the offense was high school-esque and they got outcoached.

I completely agree that if talk smack then you get what's coming to you when you get beat. But I didn't think that the Jets came across like douches in Hard Knocks. What makes you say that?

dabomb2045
09-16-10, 04:43 PM
I completely agree that if talk smack then you get what's coming to you when you get beat. But I didn't think that the Jets came across like douches in Hard Knocks. What makes you say that?

I just didnt like the attitude shown by alot of the players. Regardless of what happened on Monday, I do think Ryan is a great coach in the making....my problem was with the players. I got the impression the Jets were loafing thru camp almost with a sense of entitlement. "Yeah look at us, we're good and we're gonna win the Super Bowl". I mean how many times was Rex killing the team after sloppy practices and the preseason games? Its obvious he wasnt happy. I got the impression that this team wasnt prepared for the season...especially on offense. Maybe instead of playing high school pranks on each other, Sanchez and Schottenheimer should have been working on the damn offense. They had problems all camp/preseason, and they had major problems on Monday.

b-ball-lunachick
09-17-10, 09:39 AM
I posted this is the sports bar but in case anyone missed it. :D

http://outofbounds.nbcsports.com/CromartieSweatBand.jpg

:lol:

RhodyYanksFan
09-17-10, 11:38 AM
:lol: That's funny. And sad at the same time.

just-blaze
09-17-10, 09:25 PM
:lol: That's funny. And sad at the same time.

I want to feel bad for the kids, but they will live pampered lives and I have a feeling that the nannies will have more time with the kids than the messed up parents.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
09-18-10, 04:16 PM
http://tv.gawker.com/5641206/watch-time-lapse-video-of-the-new-meadowlands-stadium-transformed-overnight-from-giants-to-jets

TheoShmeo
09-19-10, 11:42 AM
Danny Woodhead = Secret Weapon for the Pats.

But will they go the KOC route and make him a captain?

Not bloody likely.

GordonGecko
09-19-10, 02:07 PM
Danny Woodhead = Secret Weapon for the Pats.
Or = rex ryan's secret mole covertly feeding false information and sending back NE game plans...

b-ball-lunachick
09-19-10, 02:08 PM
http://tv.gawker.com/5641206/watch-time-lapse-video-of-the-new-meadowlands-stadium-transformed-overnight-from-giants-to-jets
that's actually pretty cool...employed a lot of people too. :D

As a Giants fan, I hope the Jets kick ass today - at the very least TheoShmeo won't be in here basking in the glow of a Jet loss.

go JETS! :)

Mark19
09-19-10, 03:43 PM
Not a good start...

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
09-19-10, 03:43 PM
Smart play Eric smith. Just brilliant.

dabomb2045
09-19-10, 03:53 PM
Defense looks like sh*t today. This spells doom.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
09-19-10, 04:01 PM
Defense looks like sh*t today. This spells doom.
No pass rush whatsoever, Cromartie looks so average

dabomb2045
09-19-10, 04:07 PM
Nice drive! BS "taunting" call though.

Jace
09-19-10, 04:10 PM
Since last week everyone did such a good job deciding on the outcome of Sanchez's career just based on that game, I think we should take it a step further here and decide it based off of one drive. Automatic peyton manning, easily

Jace
09-19-10, 04:17 PM
I have to say simmons' nickname No Fun League for the NFL is pretty accurate sometimes. The minor taunting call and the fair catch rule where you can't even touch them slightly are both pretty silly

dabomb2045
09-19-10, 04:29 PM
Moss just toasted Revis. Sigh.

Btw calling the draw on 3rd and whatever (7) on the Jets last drive? Chicken sh*t.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
09-19-10, 04:33 PM
Moss just toasted Revis. Sigh.

Btw calling the draw on 3rd and whatever (7) on the Jets last drive? Chicken sh*t.
Typical conservative Jets. Hackett, Schittenheimer, it's all the same.

Mark19
09-19-10, 04:36 PM
Combine the Yankees choking away a half dozen scoring opportunities with the Jets general offensive ineptitude -- I hope Eli can salvage the city's dignity tonight

dabomb2045
09-19-10, 04:38 PM
I think we've seen the last of Revis today. Pulled the hammy on that Moss TD play.

Not surprised. A guy holds out and isnt in top shape. Injuries like this happen.

bcom33
09-19-10, 04:38 PM
Combine the Yankees choking away a half dozen scoring opportunities with the Jets general offensive ineptitude -- I hope Eli can salvage the city's dignity tonight

The Jets have been moving the ball pretty well today...

Mark19
09-19-10, 04:41 PM
The Jets have been moving the ball pretty well today...

They need to get their ground game going -- Greene should be busting out

Jace
09-19-10, 05:01 PM
Why was that brady throw not intentional grounding? in the pocket, no receivers in the area, about to get sacked

dabomb2045
09-19-10, 05:11 PM
Nice drive...but gotta get in the end zone. FG's wont beat the Pats.

Mark19
09-19-10, 05:19 PM
Good stop, there is where they take the lead

machphantom
09-19-10, 05:24 PM
JETS TD Jericho!!! 19-14 Jets lead
EDIT: 2-PT conversion GOOD
21-14 Jets!!!

dabomb2045
TD! Wow...the passing game is rolling right now.

b_joseph
Leading...your guys have all the momentum now, on both sides of the ball.

b_joseph
09-19-10, 05:25 PM
And the conversion...that was easy

Jace
09-19-10, 05:26 PM
No Mangold and Revis, they are going to have to play great the rest of the way

LDT looks young and Sanchez looks talented

TheManKnownAsMecca
09-19-10, 05:27 PM
Nice drive! BS "taunting" call though.

That was an easy call for the ref's to make. He looked directly at the defender and did a dance. That said, he looks good today.

dabomb2045
09-19-10, 05:27 PM
See what happens when you let Sanchez make plays down field? He is capable.

Melan-cynic
09-19-10, 05:30 PM
Where are those Trent Edwards comparisons at today? Oh yeah, trolls disappear when they look silly.

machphantom
09-19-10, 05:30 PM
See what happens when you let Sanchez make plays down field? He is capable.
I'm so sick of this new wave of coddling young players in all sports. There's a difference between making sure your QB doesn't get a concussion and limiting him to 5 passes a game.

dabomb2045
09-19-10, 05:31 PM
Thats a INT!

Mark19
09-19-10, 05:32 PM
Relying on the ESPN website is killing me - I wish I could have seen Braylon on that last drive

Melan-cynic
09-19-10, 05:32 PM
Feet were in baby!

Jace
09-19-10, 05:33 PM
I'm so sick of this new wave of coddling young players in all sports. There's a difference between making sure your QB doesn't get a concussion and limiting him to 5 passes a game.

Its more that they were trying to prevent him from throwing 5 picks in a game, which he has already done, but its obvious he has the talent, and he's only going to learn to read the defense by actually testing it

machphantom
09-19-10, 05:35 PM
Considering we play @MIA next week, who just pulled a major upset at Minnesota we really need this game.

Melan-cynic
09-19-10, 05:58 PM
What a game for Sanchez and Schott. Now finish the game.

dabomb2045
09-19-10, 05:59 PM
As bad as Sanchez/Schotty were vs Baltimore....they have been that good today. Wow. What a complete 180.

Mark19
09-19-10, 05:59 PM
Three passing TDs to three different receivers -- I love this version of Sanchez

dabomb2045
09-19-10, 06:01 PM
Love Cromartie today. He looks like the guy who had the great year in SD a few years back.

dabomb2045
09-19-10, 06:03 PM
BOGUS PI call on Pool. Wtf.

dabomb2045
09-19-10, 06:04 PM
Jason Taylor!!!

CanoForPresident
09-19-10, 06:04 PM
Boom!

AMYanks
09-19-10, 06:05 PM
I love Jason Taylor!!!

Hmm, still have to work on that gag reflex when I say that.

Mark19
09-19-10, 06:06 PM
Brady and his Justin Bieber haircut just ate some turf

machphantom
09-19-10, 06:12 PM
Brady and his Justin Bieber haircut just ate some turf
LOL on Bieber being on CSI this week.

dabomb2045
Maybe now the media and the NFL public can get off the ledge:

1) The Jets do not suck
2) Mark Sanchez is NOT a horrible QB
3) The Pats are not an unstoppable/unbeatable juggernaut

(All three were sentiments echoed after Week 1 by alot of people)

Mark19
Maybe now the media and the NFL public can get off the ledge:

1) The Jets do not suck
2) Mark Sanchez is NOT a horrible QB
3) The Pats are not an unstoppable/unbeatable juggernaut

(All three were sentiments echoed after Week 1 by alot of people)

You see the cover of SI?

It was awful

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
09-19-10, 06:35 PM
Just a great job of coaching by Rex. GREAT job. And Sanchez was awesome.

Snatch Catch
09-19-10, 06:39 PM
Absolutely fantastic that the Jets completely owned the Patriots juggernaut offense in the 2nd half without their best lineman and without the best defensive back in the league. People who don't give Rex his due on being one of the best defensive minds the game has seen, and instead focus on his personality, are really reaching.

And even better that LDT looked good and played a major role, because Patriots fans to a man have been saying LDT was somewhere between a noticeable downgrade from Jones, and completely cooked.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
09-19-10, 07:08 PM
LDT looked like himself from his heyday. Sanchez was great. Great job by the defense picking it up after Revis was out. Didn't even miss him. After the Pats marched down without trouble on the first drive (even though they didn't score), and after the Jets first three-and-out drive, I had an awful feeling, but luckily I was wrong.

Soriambi
09-19-10, 07:45 PM
That's more like it. I was at the game today. Great time. I have a feeling that Revis isn't going to play next week (just a gut feeling, though they're still saying they hope he does.) Hopefully they can keep doing what they did today in the second half. It was like two different Cromarties. He looked pretty weak in the first half, but he really, really stepped it up in the second and looked like a top corner.

Sanchez looked great, too. He missed a couple of wide open receivers (on the Edwards TD there was a guy cutting across the back of the endzone who was so wide open it wasn't funny), but he still made the throws, and showed that he's capable of doing a lot more than they had him do against Baltimore.

I feel so much better after this week, not just because they won but because of how they looked, especially offensively. Always great to beat the Pats, especially convincingly.

dabomb2045
09-19-10, 07:59 PM
Hopefully today was a sign of things to come w/the offense. There is no reason for them to be conservative the way they were last week. Its one thing to play close to the vest if you lack talent on that side of the ball...but the Jets have a TON of offensive ability.

They have a QB who can make plays down the field. They have WR's who can as well (this will get even better when Holmes returns) and they have one of the better receiving TE's in the game.

I see no reason why this cant be one of the better offenses in the game.

Jace
09-19-10, 08:01 PM
Sanchez looked great, too. He missed a couple of wide open receivers (on the Edwards TD there was a guy cutting across the back of the endzone who was so wide open it wasn't funny)

I mean, thats a pretty funny nitpick, considering they had the best possible outcome on the play

Soriambi
09-19-10, 08:02 PM
Hopefully today was a sign of things to come w/the offense. There is no reason for them to be conservative the way they were last week. Its one thing to play close to the vest if you lack talent on that side of the ball...but the Jets have a TON of offensive ability.

They have a QB who can make plays down the field. They have WR's who can as well (this will get even better when Holmes returns) and they have one of the better receiving TE's in the game.

I see no reason why this cant be one of the better offenses in the game.

Even if you have no talent on that side of the ball, I don't think you should be as conservative as they were last week. That was pretty ridiculous. Like you said, though, the Jets have some talent on that side of the ball. I'm not sure that I agree that they can be one of the best offenses in the league, but I think they have the tools to be very solid, and I think that's all they really need to be to have a good season given the defense they have.

Soriambi
09-19-10, 08:06 PM
I mean, thats a pretty funny nitpick, considering they had the best possible outcome on the play

Yeah, I'm just saying that there was a much easier throw there to be made, but they executed the throw and catch, so no complaints, really. Kind of like going for it on 4th and short late. While I appreciate the aggressiveness, I'm not sure that was the right play up 14 with the way the D was playing (I think the right play was most likely to punt it and make them drive the length of the field, get the ball back, and then drive down again rather than potentially giving them the ball around the 50. Despite that, though, they made it, so I'm glad they went for it and I'm certainly not going to complain. There was really nothing to complain about the whole second half.

dabomb2045
09-19-10, 08:09 PM
Even if you have no talent on that side of the ball, I don't think you should be as conservative as they were last week. That was pretty ridiculous. Like you said, though, the Jets have some talent on that side of the ball. I'm not sure that I agree that they can be one of the best offenses in the league, but I think they have the tools to be very solid, and I think that's all they really need to be to have a good season given the defense they have.

I think this offense can be Top 10. I really do. The QB is much better then given credit for as we saw today. The O line is good...they can run the ball. When Edwards is not dropping passes, he has a game like today which shows how good he can be. Holmes is one of the better WR's in the game esp making plays down the field. When Keller has his head in the game (sometimes an issue for him) he can be as good of a TE threat as anyone out there. I do think the talent is there, its just about execution.

JeffWeaverFan
09-19-10, 11:18 PM
Fantastic win today. The only thing I would add to the conversation here is that Sione Pouha has been a really great and underrated player for us. Second year in a row we lose Jenkins for the year (and God I wish we had him for a full year with Rex as our head coach), but Pouha has stepped up and been really great for us.

Huge game next week against Miami on the road. Their defense looks legit, so hopefully our offense and Sanchez, in particular, can keep it up from this game. I can't wait until we get Holmes back.

Oh and last thing. Every time LT touches the all it looks like he's trying to prove all his doubters wrong. Just hope he stays healthy.

JeffWeaverFan
09-19-10, 11:23 PM
By the way, did the Terminator play today?

AMYanks
09-19-10, 11:36 PM
So, incarcerated bob is saying Revis is out 3-5 weeks with a grade two hamstring tear. How he knows this when the MRI isn't until tomorrow, I don't know.

But I figured I'd post this in case this is the 1 out of 100 stories he gets right. :lol:

EDIT: I actually don't think there's such a thing as a grade two tear. Only grade three is considered a tear.

kan_t
09-20-10, 05:40 AM
This is what I expect from the Jets. When Sanchez is on fire, this team is close to unstoppable.

Jax Teller
09-20-10, 11:09 AM
No trolling from anyone today? I'm impressed.

Melan-cynic
09-20-10, 11:11 AM
No trolling from anyone today? I'm impressed.I was hoping Nyquil would bring some more inspired comparisons to untouted garbage QBs with zero pedigree.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
09-20-10, 11:16 AM
So anyone else think Eric Smith might be kind of a dirty player?

Jax Teller
09-20-10, 11:24 AM
I was hoping Nyquil would bring some more inspired comparisons to untouted garbage QBs with zero pedigree.

:lol: or "Revis is teh suckz!"

Jace
09-20-10, 11:42 AM
So anyone else think Eric Smith might be kind of a dirty player?

At least a stupid player, he gave up a touchdown by himself (obviously Brady executed after the play, blah blah). anyway, he's definitely more known for 2 dirty hits than anything else

Melan-cynic
09-20-10, 12:32 PM
Speculation on Revis injury's severity based on "the word on the street" but here it is:

* Revis got treatment during the second half and didn’t come back onto the field because the Jets were winning, and the call was made not to risk worsening the situation. The risk didn’t outweigh the reward.
* Revis’s hamstring is not “torn” – which would be a worst case scenario and would result in him sitting multiple games, likely over a month.
* Rather, his hamstring is likely strained, which is why Revis has explained it as a “tightness”.
* If Revis’s hammy was“torn” then he would not have walked off the field or out of the stadium on his own power.
* Common belief is that it’s a low-grade strain, which likely means 1-2 weeks
* No call has been made as of yet on next weekend to rule him in or out of the game.
* The team made Revis available to the press, which is generally a good sign.

www.thejetsblog.com/2010/09/20/the-rundown-the-multimillion-dollar-hammy/

AMYanks
09-20-10, 02:32 PM
Speculation on Revis injury's severity based on "the word on the street" but here it is:

www.thejetsblog.com/2010/09/20/the-rundown-the-multimillion-dollar-hammy/ (http://www.thejetsblog.com/2010/09/20/the-rundown-the-multimillion-dollar-hammy/)

I'd let him sit the next two weeks, just to be safe. Miami has nothing outside of Marshall, and Buffalo has... nothing.

Maybe then he'll be 100% for MNF against Minnesota (possibly with Vincent Jackson).

ojo
09-21-10, 07:41 AM
great work brayLON.

DUI.

GordonGecko
09-21-10, 09:44 AM
Edwards is completely dense. The guy is a wealthy athlete, he shouldn't be driving himself after drinking all night, it's f'ng common sense. The rules obviously don't apply to him, took the 15 yard penalty for taunting after his TD on Sunday, then almost did it again later in the game. This guy doesnt learn well - luckly didn't cost the team. But this will cost the team if he gets suspended

Melan-cynic
09-21-10, 10:29 AM
Turrble. At least someone's making light of it: http://twitter.com/BeardOfBraylon

JWHIII
09-21-10, 10:42 AM
Is he still on a suspended sentence for that fight in Cleveland? Could he do time?

Melan-cynic
09-21-10, 10:44 AM
Is he still on a suspended sentence for that fight in Cleveland? Could he do time?Schefter said he's still on probation from that incident.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
09-21-10, 01:03 PM
Well...hopefully Holmes is back before any disciplinary action is taken.

Melan-cynic
09-21-10, 01:04 PM
Not bloody likely.

Jax Teller
09-21-10, 01:54 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/zwdnkg.jpg

Mark19
09-21-10, 01:57 PM
Goodell will probably start with a 4 game suspension - with Holmes not coming back for 2 more games - who is our deep threat? Certainly not Cotchery although I can see Keller getting a lot more work.

Melan-cynic
09-21-10, 02:11 PM
Goodell will probably start with a 4 game suspensionSeriously doubt he gets a 4 game suspension. Unless this is his second DUI offense they can't even suspend him and can only fine him.

Of course that's assuming his Cleveland brawl is irrelevant.

Mark19
09-21-10, 02:13 PM
No way he gets a 4 game suspension. Unless this is his second DUI offense they can't even suspend him and can only fine him.

Of course that's assuming his Cleveland brawl is irrelevant.

A DUI while being on probation? I don't see how he doesn't get a sizable suspension

Melan-cynic
09-21-10, 02:15 PM
A DUI while being on probation? I don't see how he doesn't get a sizable suspensionBecause you have to be in the program already for the DUI to make waves. Unless he's already had a DUI it shouldn't be a major issue. I'd guess he gets a game, maybe two. Unless Czar Goodell goes on another power trip.

AMYanks
09-21-10, 02:49 PM
Mortensen said he doesn't think the Jets will suspend or even deactivate Edwards. Probably just a fine.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
09-21-10, 03:10 PM

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt261/rehague/edwards.jpg

Melan-cynic
09-21-10, 03:37 PM

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt261/rehague/edwards.jpg:lol: Amazing.

Meecham4ever
09-21-10, 03:50 PM
Goodell will probably start with a 4 game suspension - with Holmes not coming back for 2 more games - who is our deep threat? Certainly not Cotchery although I can see Keller getting a lot more work.

Vincent Jackson?

Melan-cynic
09-21-10, 03:52 PM
Vincent Jackson?Yeah, just who Tannenbaum wants to deal with again...

dabomb2045
09-21-10, 04:05 PM
The Jets need to do the right thing and suspend this fool.

TheManKnownAsMecca
09-21-10, 04:25 PM
D'Brick and Vernon Gholston were in the car with him.

dabomb2045
09-21-10, 04:31 PM
D'Brick and Vernon Gholston were in the car with him.

Two more idiots with terrible judgement

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
09-21-10, 04:44 PM
The Jets need to do the right thing and suspend this fool.

I agree.

Starting Week 5.

AMYanks
09-21-10, 07:51 PM
Braylon will dress, but not start on Sunday night. He will play at some point.

Melan-cynic
09-21-10, 07:56 PM
Braylon will dress, but not start on Sunday night. He will play at some point.Yep. The 4 game suspension thought was crazy, I figured they'd just fine him which it looks what the league will do.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
09-21-10, 07:57 PM
Any chance he goes to jail for a probation violation?

Melan-cynic
09-21-10, 07:57 PM
Any chance he goes to jail for a probation violation?That's the question no one seems to know.

AMYanks
09-21-10, 08:46 PM
From Greg Aiello (NFL PR Department):

On B Edwards, discipllne for alcohol-related violations of law is handled by league. Teams CANNOT suspend or deactivate for DUI arrests per CBA rules.

http://twitter.com/gregaiello/status/25164874174

JeffWeaverFan
09-21-10, 09:20 PM
I assume Braylon felt fine to drive, felt he was in NYC where it's rare to get DUI's, and wasn't going to drive recklessly. All extremely dumb thoughts, especially when you can easily hail a taxi or use the NFL's free pickup service, but that's what you figure he was thinking. Hopefully this, finally, gets him to mature, as he most likely just cost himself a fair amount of money in the contract he will be looking to get after the season.

dabomb2045
09-22-10, 12:02 AM
I seriously doubt he "matures". Once an idiot, always an idiot. People who make the inexcusable decision to get behind the wheel drunk....usually repeat it over and over again. I have no tolerance for this behavior, esp being someone who's life has been affected by some asshole who decided to get behind the wheel of a car intoxicated.

The Jets should have suspended him to send a message to him and the team.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
09-22-10, 12:06 AM
I seriously doubt he "matures". Once an idiot, always an idiot. People who make the inexcusable decision to get behind the wheel drunk....usually repeat it over and over again. I have no tolerance for this behavior, esp being someone who's life has been affected by some asshole who decided to get behind the wheel of a car intoxicated.

The Jets should have suspended him to send a message to him and the team.

Jets aren't allowed to, per the CBA (see above).

Melan-cynic
09-22-10, 12:10 AM
People who make the inexcusable decision to get behind the wheel drunk....usually repeat it over and over again.That's rather provincial and simply not true. I'm not saying an egocentric fool like Edwards will change but many people who make such a bad mistake actually do learn from it. I myself know two people I'm very close to who have had DUI's. One will never again get behind the wheel if he even comes close to a drink and the other was so ashamed of his decision he sold his car and vowed to only use the train, subway and bus as transportation from then on.

pjfan
09-22-10, 07:46 AM
Why would he not use the Jets ride program? I wonder how anonymous it really is? If he uses it, does a report get sent to the owner, GM, or head coach?

It's a great service that all professional teams should use. Unfortuantely, it seems like not all players would use it.

Snatch Catch
09-22-10, 08:19 AM
Why would he not use the Jets ride program? I wonder how anonymous it really is? If he uses it, does a report get sent to the owner, GM, or head coach?

It's a great service that all professional teams should use. Unfortuantely, it seems like not all players would use it.

I believe that service is provided by the league, not the Jets.

Additionally, and something that compounds his stupidity even further, is that when he got pulled over he tried to get out of the whole thing by asking if he could leave his car there and take a cab home. To me this proves that he clearly he understood what he was doing and what his options were when he left the bar.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
09-22-10, 11:00 AM
And here come the media moralists. Lupica, of course, is leading the charge. SUSPEND HIM! THE JETS ARE OUT OF CONTROL! ANIMAL HOUSE! HORRORS! So one guy gets a DWI, and a reporter dressed like a liquor store promotions girl gets a few catcalls in the locker room, and the team is spiraling out of control. Please. Bad idea by Edwards to drive that night, even if he thought he was "good". But leave it to the media to turn it into an indictment of the whole team.

Melan-cynic
09-22-10, 11:04 AM
I don't condone what he did but it's interesting to note that he was only pulled over because of overly tinted windows. The officer did not record any swerving or drunken behavior. Had he not smelled his breath Edwards would've been let go.

But yeah, just call the Player Protect program, the free, anonymous league service and this would've never happened. Ridiculously stupid.

Yankees Empire
09-22-10, 11:15 AM
Any truth to the story that when they put the handcuffs on Braylon Edwards, he dropped them?

GordonGecko
09-22-10, 11:53 AM
Any truth to the story that when they put the handcuffs on Braylon Edwards, he dropped them?
haha, no, but he did try to get out of the arrest by asking officer if he could leave the car there and take a cab home

pjfan
09-22-10, 12:04 PM
I don't condone what he did but it's interesting to note that he was only pulled over because of overly tinted windows. The officer did not record any swerving or drunken behavior. Had he not smelled his breath Edwards would've been let go.

But yeah, just call the Player Protect program, the free, anonymous league service and this would've never happened. Ridiculously stupid.

I hear what you're saying, but the flip side is that if he was not pulled over, he could've kept driving and eventually ended up hitting someone. The fact he had other players in the vehicle with him makes it even worse.

I'm no BAC expert, but it's not like he was a little buzzed. He was 2x the legal limit.

But I think we agree overall on the point at hand.

b_joseph
09-22-10, 12:17 PM
Jets aren't allowed to, per the CBA (see above).True but he could be benched. His money would still go into his bank account but the league, CBA or whatever cannot stop a team from benching a player for a couple games in a round about way of suspending them.

GordonGecko
09-22-10, 12:17 PM
I'm no BAC expert, but it's not like he was a little buzzed. He was 2x the legal limit.
0.16 isn't THAT drunk, see the list:
http://www.goodcocktails.com/drinking/bac.php

but no one over 0.08 is in any condition to drive, and I would say that even if you're only over 0.01 you shouldn't be taking any chances and taking risks with other people's lives. Just let someone else drive or take a cab. Braylon even had a FREE ultra luxury car service at his disposal with armed security included. What an idiot

S2
09-22-10, 12:22 PM
At least he didn't shoot himself in the leg.

GordonGecko
09-22-10, 12:34 PM
Yeah, I would say that carrying an unlicensed gun and shooting it off in a public is way worse than being pulled over for drunk driving where no accident occured

OlgMvp
09-22-10, 01:07 PM
Yeah, I would say that carrying an unlicensed gun and shooting it off in a public is way worse than being pulled over for drunk driving where no accident occured

Apples and oranges, these situations have absolutely nothing to do with each other and they're both insanely stupid. Just because Plax was a moron doesn't mean Braylon's any less of a moron. The Jets are being viewed as big time thugs now and it is accurate. Make a statement and bench this overhyped asshole. He doesn't even pull anywhere worth his weight anyway.

Melan-cynic
09-22-10, 01:15 PM
The Jets are being viewed as big time thugs now and it is accurate. Make a statement and bench this overhyped asshole. He doesn't even pull anywhere worth his weight anyway.lol OK. Hm, where was this outburst when Kareem McKenzie had a DUI but the Giants didn't bench him the next game? Oh yeah, the Giants ---- don't stink. This is excluding Burress' gunslinging as well as Michael Boley and Rocky Benard's domestic violence arrests. And what about Miami's Ronnie Brown getting a DUI this offseason and receiving zero punishment, much less any clamoring from you or the media. Guess you missed that. But hey, those thug Jets!

OlgMvp
09-22-10, 01:35 PM
lol OK. Hm, where was this outburst when Kareem McKenzie had a DUI but the Giants didn't bench him the next game? Oh yeah, the Giants ---- don't stink. This is excluding Burress' gunslinging as well as Michael Boley and Rocky Benard's domestic violence arrests. And what about Miami's Ronnie Brown getting a DUI this offseason and receiving zero punishment, much less any clamoring from you or the media. Guess you missed that. But hey, those thug Jets!

I didn't miss that. I think they're all insanely stupid acts and should all be punished appropriately. Keep bringing up other players who are criminals to validate playing Edwards. "OH...our hands are tied"....get outta here. Bench the stiff.

dabomb2045
09-22-10, 01:36 PM
Maybe they cant suspend him....but they should definetly bench his ass. Send a message. This type of behavior is unacceptable.

Getting behind the wheel of a car drunk is one of the most irresponsible things we can do as people.

GordonGecko
09-22-10, 01:49 PM
Maybe they cant suspend him....but they should definetly bench his ass. Send a message. This type of behavior is unacceptable.

Getting behind the wheel of a car drunk is one of the most irresponsible things we can do as people.
Yeah but who does benching punish besides the Jets & their fans? He still gets paid, and the team goes without their top WR. He should play but donate a couple of game checks to drunk driving victim groups. The NFL will also suspend him once the legal process runs its course

Melan-cynic
09-22-10, 01:53 PM
Keep bringing up other players who are criminals to validate playing Edwards. "OH...our hands are tied"....get outta here. Bench the stiff.Huh? Show me where I said that champ.

I said how come there was no fury about the Giants being thugs when McKenzie played the next game after getting a DUI [and nothing about a remorseless Ronnie Brown getting zero punishment this year]. Since you're obviously not a Jets fan and seemingly in here trolling I'm guessing you're a self-righteous Giants fan. I'd like to see if you were crying for McKenzie to be benched like you are with Edwards when he did the exact same thing (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2008/11/14/2008-11-14_kareem_mckenzie_can_play_against_ravens_-2.html) and played the next week. Shoot, Mckenzie even started.

AMYanks
09-22-10, 02:15 PM
Revis will not make the trip to Miami, he'll stay back and receive treatment. Pace is still out.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
09-22-10, 02:22 PM
Edwards shouldn't be suspended. And the Jets shouldn't be judged by this. Millions of people drive while over the legal limit. Cops, teachers, athletes, movie stars, your friends, your family. I could detail countless anecdotes of this that I have personally seen. A coach could be running the tightest ship ever and still have this happen, but of course writers like Gary Myers use this oppurtunity to write inane drivel about how the Jets somehow had this coming because they signed two guys that had some minor past indiscretions. You would think the whole team is ex-cons the way these writers go on.

OlgMvp
09-22-10, 02:26 PM
Huh? Show me where I said that champ.

I said how come there was no fury about the Giants being thugs when McKenzie played the next game after getting a DUI [and nothing about a remorseless Ronnie Brown getting zero punishment this year]. Since you're obviously not a Jets fan and seemingly in here trolling I'm guessing you're a self-righteous Giants fan. I'd like to see if you were crying for McKenzie to be benched like you are with Edwards when he did the exact same thing (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2008/11/14/2008-11-14_kareem_mckenzie_can_play_against_ravens_-2.html) and played the next week. Shoot, Mckenzie even started.

Ok sport and show me where I personally wasn't offended by this? That's what I'm saying skippy. I don't care about what the media's asking for. This is my view, sorry that I don't endorse letting a criminal get away with this kiddo. You're whole point is trying to imply that I didn't find these cases equally as stupid junior. Should we continue with the childish nicknaming or can we get back to the original argument scooter?

I'm a Giants fan, hardly self-righteous...take the ridiculous chip off your shoulder.

Melan-cynic
09-22-10, 02:29 PM
This is my view, sorry that I don't endorse letting a criminal get away with this kiddo.And neither do I and yet you continue to act like I did. But instead of calling the Jets cowards for not benching him you might not want to throw rocks from your glass house as you continue to avoid admitting the Giants did the same thing with McKenzie and even started him. Weak sauce.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
09-22-10, 02:30 PM
Ok sport and show me where I personally wasn't offended by this? That's what I'm saying skippy. I don't care about what the media's asking for. This is my view, sorry that I don't endorse letting a criminal get away with this kiddo. You're whole point is trying to imply that I didn't find these cases equally as stupid junior. Should we continue with the childish nicknaming or can we get back to the original argument scooter?

I'm a Giants fan, hardly self-righteous...take the ridiculous chip off your shoulder.

How is not suspending him letting Edwards get away with it? He's going to lose his license and pay fines. Just like anyone else. Everybody is out to prove these days that athletes aren't any different than us, that they don't deserve special treatment. Well, when "we" get a DWI, we don't get suspended from work. Why should he?

OlgMvp
09-22-10, 02:41 PM
And neither do I and yet you continue to act like I did. But instead of calling the Jets cowards for not benching him you might not want to throw rocks from your glass house as you continue to avoid admitting the Giants did the same thing with McKenzie and even started him. Weak sauce.

Where did I ever say the Giants were perfect? You're implying all this because you've got this RIDICULOUS chip on your shoulder. I have no problem admitting that the Giants showed horrendously stupid judgement by not benching McKenzie 2 years ago. What does me admitting that prove exactly? That makes Edwards innocent I suppose. It's amazing how lightly this stuff gets taken.

This isn't a Giants-Jets thing to me. Maybe for you it is because you think you have this need to discredit my rightful opinion. It's a goddamn LIFE issue, it's irresponsible. Maybe we should all be so lucky to not lose a loved one to a drunk driver but hey, go beat the Dolphins.

dabomb2045
09-22-10, 02:43 PM
I'm a Jets fan and think he should be benched and hopefully suspended by the NFL. So lets not get on Giants fans or "trolls".

And btw there are many jobs out there that once they find out you a) got arrested and b) for a DWI....you would get fired instantly. I know I would be. There should be ZERO tolerance for this kind of action. McKenzie should have gotten punished too, but two wrongs dont make a right. Just because someone dropped the ball on him doesnt mean its ok to do the same for Edwards. Its easy for most to say "well he made a mistake blah blah blah". Well....have someone you love and cared about killed by one of these idiots, like I did, and then come talk to me.

This is a life issue. Yes there are some things more important then beating the Dolphins on Sunday night.

OlgMvp
09-22-10, 02:44 PM
How is not suspending him letting Edwards get away with it? He's going to lose his license and pay fines. Just like anyone else. Everybody is out to prove these days that athletes aren't any different than us, that they don't deserve special treatment. Well, when "we" get a DWI, we don't get suspended from work. Why should he?

Jobs where character is an issue. I believe a teacher would lose their job or receive a suspension...especially if they're currently on probation for a previous crime.

Melan-cynic
09-22-10, 02:45 PM
Where did I ever say the Giants were perfect? You're implying all this because you've got this RIDICULOUS chip on your shoulder. I have no problem admitting that the Giants showed horrendously stupid judgement by not benching McKenzie 2 years ago. What does me admitting that prove exactly? That makes Edwards innocent I suppose. It's amazing how lightly this stuff gets taken.I have no chip on my shoulder. And that's all you had to do. But if you had no problem admitting that I wonder why it took so long to do so as you continued to avoid it altogether until now. B/c otherwise you come off as the one with a chip on his shoulder because the Jets are the more talented team this particular year.

But, by all means, keep trying to put words in my mouth: "That makes Edwards innocent I suppose. It's amazing how lightly this stuff gets taken."

Show me where either of those things happened. Again, making stuff up is fun but it's still made up.

McKenzie should have gotten punished too, but two wrongs dont make a right. Just because someone dropped the ball on him doesnt mean its ok to do the same for Edwards. Its easy for most to say "well he made a mistake blah blah blah".Really dude? Where did I say two wrongs make a right. I said if you're a Giants fan coming into the Jets thread to call the Jets a bunch of thugs for not suspending BE I find it pretty comical that they ignore the fact that their team had a player do the same thing and even started him the following game. That's being fair.

GordonGecko
09-22-10, 02:45 PM
OlgMVP, seems to me you have some sort of chip on your shoulder, lets recap the discussion that set you off:

Apples and oranges, these situations have absolutely nothing to do with each other and they're both insanely stupid. Just because Plax was a moron doesn't mean Braylon's any less of a moron. The Jets are being viewed as big time thugs now and it is accurate. Make a statement and bench this overhyped asshole. He doesn't even pull anywhere worth his weight anyway.
The situations have in common that two players did something stupid, and right now we're talking about what the consequences should be for BE. If you look at Plaxico, he was fired from the Giants. So should the same thing happen to BE? It's a fair discussion and completely relevant. Seems to me you're touchy about mentioning any Giants players

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
09-22-10, 02:49 PM
I'm a Jets fan and think he should be benched and hopefully suspended by the NFL. So lets not get on Giants fans or "trolls".

And btw there are many jobs out there that once they find out you a) got arrested and b) for a DWI....you would get fired instantly. I know I would be. There should be ZERO tolerance for this kind of action. McKenzie should have gotten punished too, but two wrongs dont make a right. Just because someone dropped the ball on him doesnt mean its ok to do the same for Edwards. Its easy for most to say "well he made a mistake blah blah blah". Well....have someone you love and cared about killed by one of these idiots, like I did, and then come talk to me.

This is a life issue. Yes there are some things more important then beating the Dolphins on Sunday night.

Right...jobs like limo driver, bus driver, civil servant (and I'm not even sure about that) etc. But for the rest, I think that if you are even halfway valuable to your employer, they won't fire you for a DWI. More like a 'get your s*** together' talk.

OlgMvp
09-22-10, 02:52 PM
OlgMVP, seems to me you have some sort of chip on your shoulder, lets recap the discussion that set you off:

The situations have in common that two players did something stupid, and right now we're talking about what the consequences should be for BE. If you look at Plaxico, he was fired from the Giants. So should the same thing happen to BE? It's a fair discussion and completely relevant. Seems to me you're touchy about mentioning any Giants players

Not at all...Braylon shouldn't be released. It's a completely different situation according to the law. NY's gun laws are paticularly unforgiving. I just wish NY's laws against drunk driving were a little more stingy than our gun laws. They're both just as stupid, just as dangerous.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
09-22-10, 02:53 PM
Jobs where character is an issue. I believe a teacher would lose their job or receive a suspension...especially if they're currently on probation for a previous crime.

Ehh... I don't think so. I know a teacher who did 30 days in jail when he was in college for a credit card scam. Didn't stop him from getting a job. My thing is, yes, Edwards made a bad and potentially damaging decision. But suspending him will accomplish absolutely nothing, and since I'd really like to beat Miami, I'd rather have him out there than suspend him for the sake of semantics.

OlgMvp
09-22-10, 02:56 PM
Right...jobs like limo driver, bus driver, civil servant (and I'm not even sure about that) etc. But for the rest, I think that if you are even halfway valuable to your employer, they won't fire you for a DWI. More like a 'get your s*** together' talk.

I don't know what the guidelines are for it but I'm pretty sure if a servant had an assault charge on their record and then was arrested for a DWI, they'd be pretty fearful of losing their employment. I'm not saying BE should, considering that there's no precedent that has been set, paticularly in the NFL.

I'm just saying the Jets shouldn't act as if they're upset with Braylon but they're starting him. If you want to go back to McKenzie...the Giants stood behind him and called him a "perfect citizen". That's completely laughable after he had been arrested for a DWI. The Jets apparently want it both ways though, they want to say they're disgusted with Braylon's actions but not disgusted enough to bench him.

Edit: Typo.

Melan-cynic
09-22-10, 02:59 PM
I'm just saying the Jets shouldn't act as if they're upset with Braylon but they're starting him. If you want to go back to McKenzie...the Giants stood behind him and called him a "perfect citizen". That's completely laughable after he had been arrested for a DWI. The Jets apparently want it both ways though, they want to say they're disgusted with Braylon's actions but not disgusted enough to bench him.Semantics but no, they're not starting him.

And again I see that you're trying to make the Giants look better for how they handled McKenzie. lol. Wow, way to go. They said he was a perfect citizen and started him the next week but the Jets are hypocrites! Hilarious.

They're both hypocrites and they both are took the business side instead of the ethical route. Trying to say one was better at being unethical is funny.

OlgMvp
09-22-10, 03:02 PM
Semantics but no, they're not starting him.

And again I see that you're trying to make the Giants look better for how they handled McKenzie. lol. Wow, way to go. They said he was a perfect citizen and started him the next week but the Jets are hypocrites! Hilarious.

actually if you read the post, I said that it was completely laughable, immediately after. I did make a mistake there, they're not starting him but that's obviously not a big deal in the NFL. Shonn Greene can start all 16 games and not get as many targets or touches as Tomlinson. The fact is, they're going to play him.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
09-22-10, 03:09 PM
I don't know what the guidelines are for it but I'm pretty sure if a servant had an assault charge on their record and then was arrested for a DWI, they'd be pretty fearful of losing their employment.

Not in the world of civil service, where who you know is as or more important than what you know.

I'm just saying the Jets shouldn't act as if they're upset with Braylon but they're starting him. If you want to go back to McKenzie...the Giants stood behind him and called him a "perfect citizen". That's completely laughable after he had been arrested for a DWI. The Jets apparently want it both ways though, they want to say they're disgusted with Braylon's actions but not disgusted enough to bench him.

Edit: Typo.

Ok but what does suspending him for one game accomplish, besides leaving the Jets really thin at WR?

Snatch Catch
09-22-10, 05:59 PM

Where is the precedent of suspending NFL players on their first substance abuse violation?

Why are you acting like a suspension is somehow the correct recourse, when it hasn't been the action taken by the NFL with regards to its employees on this issue in the past?

Just a month ago the league dealt with this same exact thing, except the player actually caused damage. No suspension:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5470924

GEORGETOWN, Ky. -- Linebacker Rey Maualuga (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=12455) of the Cincinnati Bengals (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/cin/cincinnati-bengals) has been fined two game checks by the NFL and will forfeit an additional portion of his signing bonus for 2010 for a drunk-driving violation.

Maualuga was fined by the NFL on Tuesday under the league's substance abuse policy. He will forfeit two weeks' worth of his 2010 bonus, as well.

The second-year player from Southern California pleaded guilty to drunken driving in February and received a suspended sentence. Police said he hit a parking meter and two parked cars in northern Kentucky. He was charged with drunken and careless driving.

Jace
09-22-10, 08:20 PM
This is the NFL, nobody is going to win a morality battle

dabomb2045
09-23-10, 12:38 AM

I dont work any of the jobs listed above....but I guarantee you I would be filing for unemployment once my boss found out I got busted for a DWI.

I dont want to hijack this thread totally, but I feel this is still a crime thats not taken seriously enough in this country. A drunk driver behind the wheel of a car is really a loaded weapon.

AMYanks
09-23-10, 02:31 AM
According to Yahoo! and incarcerated bob (yes, I know), the Jets have released Braylon Edwards.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/471228-nfl-sources-say-jets-have-no-drunk-love-release-troubled-braylon-edwards

No legit reports yet, so we'll see.

Melan-cynic
09-23-10, 10:48 AM
According to Yahoo! and incarcerated bob (yes, I know), the Jets have released Braylon Edwards.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/471228-nfl-sources-say-jets-have-no-drunk-love-release-troubled-braylon-edwards

No legit reports yet, so we'll see.Right. Some high school kid writing for bleacher report has this before all the major outlets. Also find it funny that they'd announce BE is playing this Sunday and then cut him a day later. I call BS on this one.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
09-26-10, 06:08 PM
My prediction: huge Jets win. Mark Anthony and Jlo will be singing the blues tonite. Well maybe not Jlo

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
09-26-10, 06:20 PM
Leon Washington with a 99-yard kickoff return today.

:(

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
09-26-10, 06:24 PM

:(

Congrats to him, it was a long road back

Melan-cynic
09-26-10, 06:31 PM

:(He also has a 101 yard TD return...

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
09-26-10, 06:50 PM
He also has a 101 yard TD return...

Yeah just saw that.

Blah.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
09-26-10, 07:29 PM
That was the most annoying rendition of the Star Spangled Banner that I've ever seen.

DrNick
09-26-10, 07:32 PM
Lets go Jets...please dont make me have to listen to idiotic Dolphin fans all week long

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
09-26-10, 07:38 PM
Beautiful drive.

Melan-cynic
09-26-10, 07:38 PM
AND the foul!

Yankeesfan924
09-26-10, 07:39 PM
Great drive. Let's go D!

dabomb2045
09-26-10, 07:40 PM
Beautiful opening drive

AMYanks
09-26-10, 07:45 PM
Wow. Couldn't ask for a better start on either side of the ball.

Let's kill these Dolphags.

Yankeesfan924
09-26-10, 07:58 PM
Love those boos.

dabomb2045
09-26-10, 07:58 PM
Haha Taylor with the sack. And gets the boos....love it.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
09-26-10, 08:11 PM
Dustin Keller ♥

Melan-cynic
09-26-10, 08:11 PM
Dustin is unstoppable right now.

YanksFan1992
09-26-10, 08:12 PM
Haha Taylor with the sack. And gets the boos....love it.

You're so lucky you root for both NY football teams right now. Oh so lucky. :lol:

AMYanks
09-26-10, 08:13 PM
Keller is having the game of his life.

dabomb2045
09-26-10, 08:13 PM
You're so lucky you root for both NY football teams right now. Oh so lucky. :lol:

LOL...btw I havent seen you around here lately alot....hows college going?

dabomb2045
09-26-10, 08:14 PM
Keller is having the game of his life.

The last two weeks show what he's capable of when his head in this game. We see it in flashes in past seasons....if he can put it together consistently, there is no reason he cant be a top TE in this league.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
09-26-10, 08:16 PM
LOL...btw I havent seen you around here lately alot....hows college going?

Since he hasn't been here, I'm guessing good. :)

Hopefully he hasn't had to have his stomach pumped yet.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
09-26-10, 08:18 PM
Gotta throw the flag, Rex.

Yankeesfan924
09-26-10, 08:19 PM
Gotta throw the flag, Rex.

At least call a time out to think about it.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
09-26-10, 08:24 PM
No contact before the ball got there. Awful call.

dabomb2045
09-26-10, 08:24 PM
Kyle Wilson has no business covering anyone 1 on 1 right now. Simple as that. Rex HAS to see this.

AMYanks
09-26-10, 08:25 PM
Let's hope Revis is a quick healer. Wilson is making Aaron Beasley look like Deion.

machphantom
09-26-10, 08:26 PM
No contact before the ball got there. Awful call.
Yeah Collinsworth is talking out of his ass.

dabomb2045
09-26-10, 08:28 PM
If Wilson turns his head at looks at the ball....he doesnt get flagged. The refs almost always give the WR the call there if the DB doesnt at least look at the ball.

Seems to be an issue for Wilson. They need to improve his technique badly.

Melan-cynic
09-26-10, 08:33 PM
If Wilson turns his head at looks at the ball....he doesnt get flagged. The refs almost always give the WR the call there if the DB doesnt at least look at the ball.

Seems to be an issue for Wilson. They need to improve his technique badly.That's not a penalty. Sorry. Whether or not he looks back.

AMYanks
09-26-10, 08:34 PM
Sanchez is dominating tonight and Schotty tries to impress Miami with his version of the Wildcat. Moron cost us our TOs.

dabomb2045
09-26-10, 08:34 PM
That's not a penalty. Sorry. Whether or not he looks back.

Its only been that called that way in the NFL for as long as I've been watching it.

Melan-cynic
09-26-10, 08:37 PM
Its only been that called that way in the NFL for as long as I've been watching it.Not for an uncatchable ball it hasn't.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
09-26-10, 08:40 PM
I can haz defense?

Melan-cynic
09-26-10, 08:40 PM
Sanchez is dominating tonight and Schotty tries to impress Miami with his version of the Wildcat. Moron cost us our TOs.Just yelled the exact same thing.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
09-26-10, 08:42 PM
I missed the pre-game...why does the graphic say "Jets de Nueva York"?