PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 New York Jets Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11

Jace
12-27-10, 08:58 AM
Agreed, I don't think that they match up well. Besides the pass rush problem, Manning will take them apart if they blitz like crazy. He can identify the open reciever so quick that all out blitz (or 5,6 men blitz) usually means automatic first down. If the Jets face the Colts, they need to adjust.

There's no adjusting until they get a great pass rusher. They can't generate a pass rush with 3 or 4, and if they blitz Manning will burn them, so they are in trouble either way. I'd just keep mixing things up so that the Colts at least don't know for sure what is coming

Its still a winnable game though. Manning is missing his favorite targets for the most part, so if Cromartie and Revis do a good job on Wayne and Garcon, Manning is going to be stuck with the immortal Tamme. If they slow down the Colts' suddenly-good run game, i think their offense can keep up, the Colts d really isnt amazing or anything

just-blaze
12-27-10, 01:41 PM
Something I failed to consider........the Ravens still have a shot at the division which would make them the 2nd seed and Pitt the sixth seed no matter what. And....Jax still has a shot to get the 4th seed.

Interesting.

just-blaze
12-27-10, 01:46 PM
There's no adjusting until they get a great pass rusher. They can't generate a pass rush with 3 or 4, and if they blitz Manning will burn them, so they are in trouble either way. I'd just keep mixing things up so that the Colts at least don't know for sure what is coming

Its still a winnable game though. Manning is missing his favorite targets for the most part, so if Cromartie and Revis do a good job on Wayne and Garcon, Manning is going to be stuck with the immortal Tamme. If they slow down the Colts' suddenly-good run game, i think their offense can keep up, the Colts d really isnt amazing or anything

^this.

Jax figured out the formula on how to beat the Colts. Take away the strength of their D (pass rush)......by running the ball down their throat. Combine that with the Saints blueprint of keeping Peyton on the sideline and we have a better chance than people are thinking on this board.

People are treating Peyton way too god-like in this forum. He has looked bad this year at points (not entirely his fault), and even in his best years he can't win games by himself.

dabomb2045
12-27-10, 02:07 PM
^this.

Jax figured out the formula on how to beat the Colts. Take away the strength of their D (pass rush)......by running the ball down their throat. Combine that with the Saints blueprint of keeping Peyton on the sideline and we have a better chance than people are thinking on this board.

People are treating Peyton way too god-like in this forum. He has looked bad this year at points (not entirely his fault), and even in his best years he can't win games by himself.

Have to remember that the Colts are a different team at home....their offense is nearly unstoppable on the turf in the perfect conditions (unless you are San Diego who for whatever reason owns Peyton).

Without a pass rush on Manning....he'll throw for 300+ easy in his home stadium....I dont care if me and you are playing WR.

TheManKnownAsMecca
01-01-11, 10:21 PM
Gooooooooo Jets tomorrow! Also, go Denver and Cincinnati. Anyways, I have a feeling that tomorrow is going to be an epic game. I think Aaron Maybin or Gholston are going to record a sack tomorrow! While Sanchez is starting, Brunell is going to play quite a bit. The Bills are likely to have Brohm behind center. One of these statues is going down tomorrow to Gholston or Maybin.

dabomb2045
01-01-11, 10:23 PM
Gooooooooo Jets tomorrow! Also, go Denver and Cincinnati. Anyways, I have a feeling that tomorrow is going to be an epic game. I think Aaron Maybin or Gholston are going to record a sack tomorrow! While Sanchez is starting, Brunell is going to play quite a bit. The Bills are likely to have Brohm behind center. One of these statues is going down tomorrow to Gholston or Maybin.

Pretty sure if Gholston actually had the chance to hit a QB....he probably wouldnt remember how.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
01-02-11, 11:52 AM
Everyone outside of my grandmother is inactive today.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
01-02-11, 12:34 PM
Wow, the Bills rush defense is truly awful.

AMYanks
01-02-11, 02:43 PM
So much for playing KC next weekend. Indy doesn't scare me as much as last year, but we'll have a much tougher time with them than we would have with KC.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
01-02-11, 02:44 PM
So much for playing KC next weekend. Indy doesn't scare me as much as last year, but we'll have a much tougher time with them than we would have with KC.

Grumble. Let's go Titans.

YanksFan1992
01-02-11, 02:48 PM
Imagine if the first round of the playoffs was the following:

Bucs @ Eagles
Saints @ Rams/Seahawks
Jets @ Chiefs
Ravens @ Jaguars

Would there be anyone who didn't pick the Eagles/Saints/Jets/Ravens?

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
01-02-11, 02:49 PM
If the Jags win their division, what seed are they?

AMYanks
01-02-11, 02:52 PM
If the Jags win their division, what seed are they?

#4 .

Brooklyn Yankee Fan
01-02-11, 02:57 PM
I would only hope this momentum carries over to next weekend.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
01-02-11, 03:03 PM
McKnight was pretty darn impressive today, even if it was against Buffalo.

dabomb2045
01-02-11, 03:05 PM
I really HATE the Chiefs right now. HATE. We need to hope the Jags somehow win w/o Garrard and MJD, and that the Titans somehow win in Indy....otherwise we're headed to the dome to play Peyton next week :(

Soriambi
01-02-11, 03:30 PM
McKnight was pretty darn impressive today, even if it was against Buffalo.

Yeah. He certainly didn't look like the completely worthless player it sounded like they thought he was. Maybe he can be useful down the line yet. Very good game today, and a nice way to go into the playoffs. Looks like it'll be against Peyton, though. I'm not looking forward to that, but I guess they have a better chance to beat Peyton this year than in most. The Colts are likely going to be good enough to win their division, but they're certainly not the Colts we've been used to over the past decade or so.

Brooklyn Yankee Fan
01-02-11, 04:47 PM
otherwise we're headed to the dome to play Peyton next week :(

Have no fear, the Colts are beatable.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
01-02-11, 05:52 PM
After seeing the way they're struggling to beat the 6-9 Titans, the Colts don't scare me.

Soriambi
01-02-11, 06:12 PM
Indy it is.

kan_t
01-02-11, 06:15 PM
After seeing the way they're struggling to beat the 6-9 Titans, the Colts don't scare me.
You should still rather face the Chiefs than the Colts by a mile.

Soriambi
01-02-11, 06:22 PM

I don't know about by a mile, but I would have definitely preferred Kansas City. I don't think KC is any pushover, though. That being said, nothing we can do now. If they win in Round 1 they're going to have to go through New England anyway, so their work's cut out for them either way.

dabomb2045
01-02-11, 06:27 PM

Those 6-10 Titans actually have a much better pass rush then we do.

AMYanks
01-02-11, 06:28 PM
We play Saturday at 8 PM. With New York, Rex Ryan, and Peyton Manning involved, you had to figure this would be the primetime game.

http://twitter.com/TheJetsStream/status/21720756131991552

kan_t
01-02-11, 06:31 PM
I don't know about by a mile, but I would have definitely preferred Kansas City. I don't think KC is any pushover, though. That being said, nothing we can do now. If they win in Round 1 they're going to have to go through New England anyway, so their work's cut out for them either way.
Take a look about their record.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/kc/kansas-city-chiefs

The Chiefs are product of weak schedule.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
01-02-11, 06:55 PM

I never said I wouldn't rather play the Chiefs, just that the Colts aren't the Colts of yesteryear.

just-blaze
01-02-11, 11:26 PM

Negative.

But, after watching Cassel yesterday. I would want to play the Chiefs.

However, the Colts scare me none.

dabomb2045
01-03-11, 12:05 AM
Its simple with the Colts. If the Jets can somehow generate a pass rush....and get him out of his comfort zone....then they have a chance. If they cant get a consistent rush and/or have to constantly blitz....they will get lit up just as they did in the AFCCG last year.

Jace
01-03-11, 08:01 AM
Its simple with the Colts. If the Jets can somehow generate a pass rush....and get him out of his comfort zone....then they have a chance. If they cant get a consistent rush and/or have to constantly blitz....they will get lit up just as they did in the AFCCG last year.

Even with our crappy pass rush, we have a better shot than normal because the 2 guys that we match up with the worst, Clark and Collie, are playing footsie with each other in rehab or something. Revis and Cromartie can match up with Wayne and Garcon, and i think it would be a very even matchup overall if it werent for Indy's home field (which obviously matters a lot)

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
01-03-11, 01:36 PM

How else do you expect the Jets to generate a pass rush without blitzing? That's usually how it goes with the 3-4 defense. The Jets have been average in pass rushing all season, and the only team that lit them up was the Pats. I think the Jets have more than a chance no matter what the pass rush does.

AMYanks
01-03-11, 11:28 PM
RichCimini Rich Cimini
If #Jets advance to divisionals, conditional 3rd rnd pick ('11) for Antonio Cromartie goes up to 2nd rnd, per source. SD rooting for Jets.

Just lose, baby.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
01-04-11, 01:17 AM
Just lose, baby.

Nah, I'll pass on the loss.

dabomb2045
01-04-11, 06:46 AM
How else do you expect the Jets to generate a pass rush without blitzing? That's usually how it goes with the 3-4 defense. The Jets have been average in pass rushing all season, and the only team that lit them up was the Pats. I think the Jets have more than a chance no matter what the pass rush does.

If you dont get a pass rush on these top QB's....they will eat you alive. Just like Peyton did last year, just like Brady did in game up in Foxboro this year etc. Hell look what Cutler did to this defense with all the time he had to throw.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
01-04-11, 02:10 PM
Sure dabomb but by the same token the Jets shut down Aaron Rogers without much of a pass rush. You're not giving enough credit to the fact the the Jets have added players while the Colts have lost players. These are different teams from last year.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
01-04-11, 02:38 PM
2011 Opponents:

Home: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers, Jacksonville Jaguars, Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants

Away: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, Baltimore Ravens, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins

http://www.profootballnyc.com/2011/01/jets-giants-2011-opponents-announced.html

dabomb2045
01-04-11, 06:17 PM
Sure dabomb but by the same token the Jets shut down Aaron Rogers without much of a pass rush. You're not giving enough credit to the fact the the Jets have added players while the Colts have lost players. These are different teams from last year.

This defense is not as good as the one Manning torched last year in the AFCCG. If the Jets are to win this game, they probably would have to win a shootout. 31-30, 34-31, 38-34 type game. I'd be shocked if this defense slowed down that offense....especially in the dome where they are comfortable and almost always put up big offensive numbers.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
01-05-11, 03:09 PM
Even though they don't have Collie and Clark? Wow, you're really down on the Jets D this year

just-blaze
01-05-11, 03:10 PM
This defense is not as good as the one Manning torched last year in the AFCCG. If the Jets are to win this game, they probably would have to win a shootout. 31-30, 34-31, 38-34 type game. I'd be shocked if this defense slowed down that offense....especially in the dome where they are comfortable and almost always put up big offensive numbers.

Their offense isn't as good as the one that torched us in the last 35 minutes of the game.

And Im not discounting the fact that we might have to win a shootout. But, our 4th ranked rushing O is going to beat up their 27th ranked rushing D which means clock control, fresher D, and less of Jesus Manning. Have a little more confidence in our team.

Snatch Catch
01-05-11, 03:17 PM
The Colts rushing defense has been pretty impressive recently.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
01-05-11, 03:27 PM
True snatch catch, because they got tired of everyone running the ball on them. But their pass defense has suffered as a result. If they play that way against the Jets, I think Sanchez will pick them apart.

Jax Teller
01-05-11, 04:05 PM
Woody practiced today & will be playing on Saturday (Per the Daily News)

just-blaze
01-05-11, 04:29 PM
The Colts rushing defense has been pretty impressive recently.

Hadn't noticed. But I see that they have been impressive the last 3 games. YS pointed out the flipside of that coin. And they barely won against average to bad teams in doing so.

Certainly will be an interesting game.

TheManKnownAsMecca
01-05-11, 05:12 PM
A co-worker and friend of mine (A Jets fan) said something that surprised me a few days ago. He said that while the Jets gave up next to nothing to move up in the draft to get Sanchez he wished that they would have stayed put and taken Josh Freeman. I think both QBs have been impressive at times during their first two years and have good futures in the league, but I was wondering if any other Jets fans agree with my co-worker?

EDIT: Since it is playoff time, I hope Sanchez does great and leads them to a Super Bowl so that your answers are a resounding no to the question above. I'll be rooting for you guys on Saturday!

dabomb2045
01-05-11, 09:06 PM
Their offense isn't as good as the one that torched us in the last 35 minutes of the game.

And Im not discounting the fact that we might have to win a shootout. But, our 4th ranked rushing O is going to beat up their 27th ranked rushing D which means clock control, fresher D, and less of Jesus Manning. Have a little more confidence in our team.

Sorry I just think this is a bad matchup for us on the road. If we had the Chiefs, I'd be very confident of a victory.

Axon
01-06-11, 08:31 AM
A co-worker and friend of mine (A Jets fan) said something that surprised me a few days ago. He said that while the Jets gave up next to nothing to move up in the draft to get Sanchez he wished that they would have stayed put and taken Josh Freeman. I think both QBs have been impressive at times during their first two years and have good futures in the league, but I was wondering if any other Jets fans agree with my co-worker?

EDIT: Since it is playoff time, I hope Sanchez does great and leads them to a Super Bowl so that your answers are a resounding no to the question above. I'll be rooting for you guys on Saturday!

Sounds like pundit talk to me. Anyway, playing in NYC is more than just your play on the field, and Sanchez handles that aspect quite well (the very suggestion of any dissatisfaction from your co-worker shows how outrageously demanding NY fans are - they expect this kid to be Tom Brady after two years.) Freeman is an excellent QB, however, and he may have been solid fit here as well. No way to tell on these things.

Snatch Catch
01-06-11, 01:10 PM
So, uhm, yeah...it got a little dusty on the train this morning. Not sure if it's because I have a son now, or maybe I'm just PMSing, but I literally welled up reading this on my commute.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/tragic_kid_still_inspiration_to_9hT3v16qAZiWCA3oCldwRO

Eleven-year-old Aiden Binkley was a Jets fan from the moment he was born.

And before he died, Aiden had a wish.

Mark Sanchez and the Jets made that wish come true.

Binkley, from Floral Park, L.I., was diagnosed at age 9 with rhabdomayosarcoma, an inoperable cancer. Through the work of the Theodore J. Atlas Foundation, a visit to the Jets’ practice facility in Florham Park, N.J., was set up for the Binkley family.
And that’s where a friendship began that lasted just two weeks — but will live forever.

“[Sanchez] meant a lot to him, he was so stoked to meet him,” said Mike Binkley, Aiden’s father.

The admiration clearly was mutual.

“He brought me so much inspiration,” Sanchez told 1050 ESPN (http://www.nypost.com/t/ESPN)radio. “I felt like I’ve known him forever. ... I saw his personality. I saw his competitive spirit. I saw him fighting every day.”

Aiden had undergone more than a year of chemotherapy to battle a tumor that spread from his pelvis to his lungs. By December, it had become clear Aiden didn’t have much time left.

For Sanchez, mid-December was the low point of his season. The Jets were coming off their 45-3 fiasco in Foxborough, Mass., and a lifeless 10-6 loss to the Dolphins. The franchise QB nearly was pulled from Miami game.
On Tuesday, Dec. 15, the Binkley’s arrived at the Jets’ facility, and two lives were changed.

Teddy Atlas originally had contacted GM Mike Tannenbaum (http://www.nypost.com/t/Mike_Tannenbaum)to make Aiden’s wish a reality. Atlas, a noted boxing trainer who used to work for the Jets as a special assistant under Eric Mangini, even called Rob Ryan, Rex’s brother, the defensive coordinator on the Browns under Mangini, to make sure Rex knew Aiden’s story and would give him special attention.

The Jets didn’t disappoint. After watching practice, Aiden and his family were brought up to owner Woody Johnson’s office, where they got to meet Antonio Cromartie, Dustin Keller, Mike DeVito and others.

And then Sanchez walked in.

“You want to talk about a kid lighting up,” Mike Binkley said of his son’s reaction .

“All I hear from someone is, ‘There’s a youngster who’s terminally ill with cancer and all he wants to do is meet you,’ ” Sanchez said. “It changes your whole world. It stops everything.”

Before they left, Sanchez gave Aiden his phone number and told him to text him. After a day of not hearing from Aiden, Sanchez texted him and they soon became even closer.

On Sunday, Dec. 19, before the game in Pittsburgh, Sanchez got a text in the locker room.

“He’s saying, ‘It looks cold out there in Pittsburgh. Good luck,’” Sanchez said.

Back in their Long Island home, the boy sat alongside his dad as the Jets, sparked by Sanchez’s strong performance, upset the Steelers, 22-17.

“He had a blanket over his head,” Mike Binkley recalled. “He said, ‘I can’t watch, I’m going to cry.’ ”

And less than an hour after the game, Aiden got a call from Sanchez.

“I said, ‘What’d he say? What’d he say?’ ” asked Mike.

“I want to keep that private,” Aiden told his stunned dad.

Two days after the game, Sanchez visited the Binkley’s home only to find Aiden was asleep. Sanchez waited until he woke and the new buddies hung out on the couch, talking football. Being friends.

On Christmas week, more than two dozen members of the Binkley family gathered to celebrate the holiday, when a special package landed at their door.

It was the game ball from the win in Pittsburgh along with a DVD of Rex Ryan (http://www.nypost.com/t/Rex_Ryan)telling Aiden how the team’s victory was dedicated to him.

Aiden died on Dec. 30.

His funeral was Tuesday, and that game ball was buried with him.

“My man Aiden,” said Sanchez, who volunteered to pay the costs of the funeral. “Breaks my heart.”

Jax Teller
01-06-11, 03:48 PM
Nah man, that definitely gave me chills while reading it. I'm proud as hell of Sanchez right now.

pjfan
01-06-11, 03:54 PM
No doubt, a tremendous story. Kudos to Sanchez for taking the time to give this kid some attention in the final stages of his life. Good stuff.

THEBOSS84
01-06-11, 03:55 PM
That story is very sad, damn. Glad Sanchez gave the kid the time of his life before it was over.

dabomb2045
01-06-11, 05:53 PM
Thats awesome. I wish the media told us more stories like that instead of all the negative crap. The world would be a better place if the positive stuff was focused on more.

kan_t
01-06-11, 08:04 PM
Thats awesome. I wish the media told us more stories like that instead of all the negative crap. The world would be a better place if the positive stuff was focused on more.
This.

Soriambi
01-06-11, 11:26 PM
I really, really don't like the sports media, but I actually think that one thing they do fairly well is prominently share positive stories like the one earlier in this thread. It's not all that uncommon to hear similar stories on NFL and NCAA pre-game shows, on ESPN, in the print media, etc. I think that the sports media does a far better job of balancing the bad and good than the non-sports media.

Melan-cynic
01-06-11, 11:49 PM
My brother sent me that story this morning.

Sanchez has a lot to learn on the field but he's ahead of the game off it.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
01-07-11, 01:13 PM
Sorry I just think this is a bad matchup for us on the road. If we had the Chiefs, I'd be very confident of a victory.

Come on, the Jets were in the driver's seat last year against a much better Colts team until Shonn Greene went down. And for all the grief this year's Jets defense gets, last year's was not thaaat much better. Cromartie > Lito Sheppard, Dwight Lowery, Coleman, or anyone they trotted out opposite Revis last year. Plus, the Jet offense is much improved over last year's. Have some faith in the Jets bro

Melan-cynic
01-07-11, 02:13 PM
Word.

MassNYYfan
01-08-11, 11:03 PM
Please beat New England next week. The only negative to the Jets winning tonight is that Pats fans are celebrating Peyton losing, and I hate anything that makes those smug bastards happy.

Snatch Catch
01-08-11, 11:06 PM
Please beat New England next week. The only negative to the Jets winning tonight is that Pats fans are celebrating Peyton losing, and I hate anything that makes those smug bastards happy.

I hope the Jets win, and I expect them to put up a better performance than the blowout a few weeks ago, but I think there is only a small chance that they actually win the game.

AMYanks
01-08-11, 11:11 PM
I just wanted to acknowledge how well Braylon has played. He's playing like Plaxico did for the Giants a few years ago. He's always had the incredible physical gifts, but he's holding on to the football and making big time, tough catches. If we have to choose between Edwards and Holmes this off-season, I'll have to go with Braylon.

Jace
01-08-11, 11:33 PM
I just wanted to acknowledge how well Braylon has played. He's playing like Plaxico did for the Giants a few years ago. He's always had the incredible physical gifts, but he's holding on to the football and making big time, tough catches. If we have to choose between Edwards and Holmes this off-season, I'll have to go with Braylon.

Braylon's played great, but I'd still go with Holmes. He's just even more talented, except as a blocker

And as always- Revis's very best performances are when he's never really mentioned. Manning threw to his best receiver ONCE. Ridiculously good job

grizy
01-08-11, 11:44 PM
And as always- Revis's very best performances are when he's never really mentioned. Manning threw to his best receiver ONCE. Ridiculously good job

This. Amazing job by Revis. He should be MVP for the game.

Jax Teller
01-09-11, 12:17 AM
Weird I thought Revis was overrated (by clueless fans) on here :lol:

dabomb2045
01-09-11, 01:09 AM
VERY glad they proved me wrong. I really didnt expect the defense (w/o a pass rush) to be able to slow down the Colts offense but they did just that. Awesome. Offense played well IMO too, they really could have scored alot more if not for Sanchez. He really struggled for most of the game BUT he also came up huge on the game-winning drive with some clutch throws. The running game looked the best it had in weeks. Tomlinson played like he did in Weeks 1-6.

Just a fantastic effort all around. Onto Foxboro......

4bronxbombers
01-09-11, 06:58 AM

Exactly and I'm 99% sure they think they have the Jets/Pats game in the bank.

Yankees13
01-09-11, 08:02 AM
All of the civilized world will be pulling for you next weekend. Make us proud.

Stick Michael
01-09-11, 08:39 AM
As the seconds ticked down on last night's Jets-Colts game, I thought for a few brief moments that the Jets had forgotten to call a time out before Folk kicked the game-winning field goal. Had time expired before they got off the kick, I envisioned the New York Post's back page headline:

Clock Suckers

PuffNettles9
01-09-11, 08:54 AM
All across this nation Antonio Cromartie's kids are celebrating their dad's victory and eagerly await the child support garnishment from the Jet's playoff bonus. http://www.jerseycentral.org/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

and Fans in Winnipeg still are wishing the Jets never left http://www.jerseycentral.org/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

Stick Michael
01-09-11, 10:01 AM
All across this nation Antonio Cromartie's kids are celebrating their dad's victory and eagerly await the child support garnishment from the Jet's playoff bonus.

That's a lot of child support garnishments. Each kid will get like...eight bucks.

b-ball-lunachick
01-09-11, 10:47 AM
My brother sent me that story this morning.

Sanchez has a lot to learn on the field but he's ahead of the game off it.

That story made me tear up too. :(

I do think Sanchez gets it. He lived around me for much of his Jet career before recently moving to Millburn and from all accounts from the locals, was a great guy. His framed jerseys, pics, etc are in almost every establishment you go into around here (mostly restaurants).

RIP Aiden - seems you gave Sanchez more than he gave you.

b-ball-lunachick
01-09-11, 10:48 AM
I'm officially on the Jets bandwagon this offseason since my Giants are out of it..my brother is a Jets fan and has suffered as a longtime Met fan too. The Jets haven't won since he was 4 -- I'm hoping they can bring it home for him and the rest of the fans. :)

Another side benefit would be that they would have beaten the Patriots to get there. Go Jets. :cheer:

CoyoteYankee
01-09-11, 12:17 PM
All of the civilized world will be pulling for you next weekend. Make us proud.

So this is what it is like to be the fan of any baseball team not named the Yankees.:lol:

YanksForLife
01-09-11, 01:49 PM
Pats are an early 9 point favorite.

Soriambi
01-09-11, 02:03 PM
Pats are an early 9 point favorite.

Wow. I'm certainly not overly confident in the Jets chances in this one since it's in NE and the Pats have been playing so well, but that's a pretty generous spread.

Melan-cynic
01-09-11, 04:17 PM
Weird I thought Revis was overrated (by clueless fans) on here :lol:
Yep. Reggie Wayne had 1 catch for 1 yard and even he called himself "irrelevant" in the post game.

Revis is just ridiculous. His Deion-like impact in how he takes away one half of the field makes him a top 5 player in the league. Where are those guys this summer who said we should just move on without him. :lol:

http://www.thejetsblog.com/wordpress/wp-content/themes/retreat-sny/thumb.php?src=wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/revisd.png&w=475px&h=&zc=1&q=90

In somewhat related news, Asomugha's contract was voided by the Raiders last night and he is therefore a FA who cannot be franchised by OAK. It's probably not a great possibility because of the financial impact but man, can you imagine a defensive backfield of Revis, Namde and Wilson?

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/01/09/2007955/contract-of-raiders-cb-asomugha.html

AMYanks
01-09-11, 06:09 PM

dabomb2045
01-09-11, 08:28 PM
Wow. I'm certainly not overly confident in the Jets chances in this one since it's in NE and the Pats have been playing so well, but that's a pretty generous spread.

Everyone is still hung up on 45-3. Alot of stuff I've been reading today from different places are giving the Jets no chance. So I'm not shocked about the high spread.

just-blaze
01-09-11, 08:40 PM
Braylon's played great, but I'd still go with Holmes. He's just even more talented, except as a blocker

And that one time was a WR screen to which Revis still put a great hit on Wayne.

GordonGecko
01-10-11, 11:57 AM
Everyone is still hung up on 45-3. Alot of stuff I've been reading today from different places are giving the Jets no chance. So I'm not shocked about the high spread.
The 45-3 came three days after Jim Leonard bit it in practice. The Jets defense wasn't able to get it together in time. This time I expect the Jets to hold down Brady to at least half that and probably even less. The game will be won or lost on Sanchez's back. If he shows up and executes without turnover, the Jets can win this thing. If he shrivels up like a cold little pansy in the New England winter then the Jets have no chance

Melan-cynic
01-10-11, 12:17 PM
It comes down to the first half. If the Jets can keep it close or somehow hold a lead going into halftime they can avoid being becoming one-dimensional in the second half and give that unproven NE defense more to think about via a balanced attack. The Pats defense is a different animal when they have a cushion and are able to tee off on the QB because of that lead.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
01-10-11, 03:02 PM
Great, great win for the Jets. I think DBrickashaw Ferguson had his best game ever as a Jet, he totally dominated Freeney. Just an outstanding performance by the entire O-line. Sanchez was definitely missing throws, I'm hoping it's not his shoulder and that he was simply off target in the first half. The Jets will need him to be better next week. And Revis...he is the best player in football. If Reggie Wayne was open, Peyton would have thrown it to him.

The 45-3 came three days after Jim Leonard bit it in practice. The Jets defense wasn't able to get it together in time.

Exactly, Rex didn't have enough time to prepare the defense to compensate for Leonhard's loss, then the game got away from them. The Jets will be in this game as long as Sanchez isn't hurt or missing throws. If he plays better, there is no reason for any Jets fan to think that they don't have a legitimate shot to win this game. There is way too much talent on this team in every phase to think that their chances are slim to none.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
01-11-11, 11:34 PM
I don't mean to look past New England, because clearly that would be stupid. But, who would be better to face in the AFC championship game - Baltimore or Pittsburgh?

just-blaze
01-12-11, 12:37 AM
I don't mean to look past New England, because clearly that would be stupid. But, who would be better to face in the AFC championship game - Baltimore or Pittsburgh?

Im already looking at the draft and trying to figure out a way to jump up and snag a DE like Quinn.

AMYanks
01-12-11, 12:56 AM

Baltimore. To beat Pittsburgh at home twice (and this time with Polamalu playing) would be nearly impossible. Plus it would be nice for Rex to beat the Ravens to get to the SB.

dabomb2045
01-12-11, 06:48 AM
Baltimore. To beat Pittsburgh at home twice (and this time with Polamalu playing) would be nearly impossible. Plus it would be nice for Rex to beat the Ravens to get to the SB.

Agreed I've been saying since Week 1 that I want another shot at the Ravens. That team talked so much trash after that game...as if they won 34-7....yet they won by 1...and its a game in which the Ravens only won because of the horrific offensive gameplan by the Jets.

grizy
01-12-11, 09:22 AM
Think this can work?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UIdI8khMkw

Snatch Catch
01-12-11, 01:26 PM
Well, Woody is out now. Done for the year.

AMYanks
01-12-11, 01:28 PM
He looked like he was playing on one leg vs Indy. I guess he's played his last game here, hopefully Ducasse is ready next year.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
01-12-11, 01:58 PM
I'm wearing a Jets hoodie today, and I've had four strangers feel the need to tell me that the Jets suck. Jets Derangement Syndrome is setting it. :wtf:

montrealer
01-12-11, 02:52 PM
I'm wearing a Jets hoodie today, and I've had four strangers feel the need to tell me that the Jets suck. Jets Derangement Syndrome is setting it. :wtf:

Try being a Habs,Yankee and a Steelers fan...............welcome to my world.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
01-12-11, 04:14 PM

I can't think of a single instance of anyone ever randomly giving me crap about the Yankees. The whole thing is odd.

YanksFan1992
01-12-11, 05:22 PM

You have to admit that you kind of bring it on yourself with that sort of combination. ;)

montrealer
01-12-11, 05:55 PM
:
You have to admit that you kind of bring it on yourself with that sort of combination. ;)

I became a Steelers and Yankees fan because they sucked back in 1967............:wtf:

YanksFan1992
01-12-11, 06:13 PM
:

I became a Steelers and Yankees fan because they sucked back in 1967............:wtf:

Oh I wasn't saying you're a bandwagoner or anything (as you're obviously not). I just meant that it's inevitable that people are going to dislike the most successful teams in their respective sports.

Melan-cynic
01-13-11, 01:32 PM
Sure a bunch of you have already seen this, but it's def got replay value:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aXs3SSKaoPo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aXs3SSKaoPo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

just-blaze
01-14-11, 12:34 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/4132/video-jets-suffer-setback

Jesus.....another practice injury? What kind of gladiator games is Rex putting them through?

kan_t
01-14-11, 05:42 AM
Former New York Yankees’ legend Reggie Jackson ripped Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie on Thursday, telling him to, “Shut up and play football.”

The slugger, a guest on ESPN 1050 in New York, didn’t hold back when it came to talking about Cromartie, who called Patriots quarterback Tom Brady an “ass----.”

“What are you talking about? What are you doing? Shut up, play football,” Jackson said. “What are you talking about [Patriots coach] Bill Belichick and these people for? Spend your time looking at film, spend your time knocking down a pass. What are you doing? You’re not affecting Brady; you’re wasting time.”

Jackson said Cromartie didn’t have the resume to be calling out Brady.

“Go look at the hardware, dude. Walk through the lobby up there and look at the stuff that’s there,” Jackson said. “You don’t have that, you don’t have anything close to that.

“You might want to shut up, you might learn something. Read, you might figure something out. Watch film, you might get educated. If not, you have a chance to get embarrassed on Sunday. I hope you don’t, because I like the Jets.”
http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/2171101/reggie-jackson-cromartie-shut

boomerdisciple
01-14-11, 09:04 AM
Yeah, Reggie was quite soft spoken himself from what I recall.

chisox
01-14-11, 09:17 AM
They getting a little cocky in Boston

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1334.snc4/162662_1737828278232_1014362077_31958566_901161_n.jpg

GordonGecko
01-14-11, 09:19 AM
I can't think of a single instance of anyone ever randomly giving me crap about the Yankees. The whole thing is odd.
Visit South Philadelphia and come back to report your findings (if you make it back)

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
01-14-11, 09:56 AM
Visit South Philadelphia and come back to report your findings (if you make it back)

As fun as that sounds...

Dwight Schrute
01-14-11, 10:15 AM
They getting a little cocky in Boston

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1334.snc4/162662_1737828278232_1014362077_31958566_901161_n.jpg

Bravo. A "paper" bums use to cover up with when they go to bed at night is what all of New England is thinking.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
01-14-11, 12:54 PM
http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/2171101/reggie-jackson-cromartie-shut

What a load of nonsense. I appreciate his contributions to past Yankees glory, but this is Reggie "I'm the straw that stirs the drink" Jackson ripping the Jets to shreds for, of all things, talking trash. Who is he to be telling football players to shut up.

Meecham4ever
01-14-11, 02:45 PM
Welker talks back;
Though he did not mention Jets coach Rex Ryan specifically, he managed to slip 11 references to feet or toes into his weekly meeting with reporters on Thursday.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/wes-welker-takes-subtle-shots-at-rex-ryan-in-presser-011411

Melan-cynic
01-14-11, 02:51 PM
What's up old news...

GordonGecko
01-14-11, 03:11 PM
Jets are going to win this one. I expect Rex's defense to go to town on pressuring Brady. Schittenheimer just needs not to mess up the offense too much and the Jets will score enough to get it done. I think the Jets take an early lead and barely hold on to it in the 4th quarter. 72 hours away!

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
01-14-11, 04:36 PM
I saw on Twitter early that, if they win the toss, Rex plans to defer. :doh:

Melan-cynic
01-14-11, 05:38 PM
If that happens: not smart.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
01-14-11, 06:07 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/TheJetsStream/status/25989727102439424

Rex Ryan says if #Jets win coin toss, they'll defer. "We're not afraid to play defense." #nfl #Patriots

Soriambi
01-14-11, 06:15 PM
At least he's not announcing his intention to do an onside kick or something.

kan_t
01-14-11, 06:18 PM
At least he's not announcing his intention to do an onside kick or something.
LOL :lol:

Yankees13
01-14-11, 07:03 PM
Yeah, Reggie was quite soft spoken himself from what I recall.
He backed it up like no other though. Hopefully Cromartie does the same.

just-blaze
01-16-11, 03:13 AM
Oh man its about time.

I HATE THE FACKING PATS. I can't even sleep.

RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
01-16-11, 02:33 PM
Brad Smith is inactive.

Snatch Catch
01-16-11, 03:58 PM
:lol: What a disgrace. This team doesn't deserve to win, fvcking a golden opportunity up at every turn possible there. What a joke. Squander is thy name.

At least the defense appears to be giving an effort.

AMYanks
01-16-11, 04:04 PM
Schotty, Sanchez, and Folk will make sure we get blown out again.

dabomb2045
01-16-11, 04:05 PM
:lol: What a disgrace. This team doesn't deserve to win, fvcking a golden opportunity up at every turn possible there. What a joke. Squander is thy name.

At least the defense appears to be giving an effort.

Honestly the defense looks bad too.....pats are moving the ball at will

AMYanks
01-16-11, 04:06 PM
The defense making plays when they have to. This is about as good as you can expect to do against Brady and this offense.

Snatch Catch
01-16-11, 04:08 PM
They're obviously still in it, but it's going to take an unbelievable turnoaround to even have a chance.

The defense is giving effort - not saying they're playing great, but at least they're competing. The offense on that "drive" after the DH pick looked like they weren't even trying.

dabomb2045
01-16-11, 04:08 PM
Offense needs to do something here...they wasted one golden chance already....defense did a nice job to hold the pats to hold the pats to a fg there.....but the offense needs to get goin

dabomb2045
01-16-11, 04:18 PM
Sanchez just isn't right.....I really think his shoulder is hurt

Snatch Catch
01-16-11, 04:20 PM
Sanchez's inaccuracy has peaked again for the start of this game.

Hopefully the defense can continue to bend but not break, and possibly give these clowns on offense another chance to get their isht together.

Snatch Catch
01-16-11, 04:23 PM
And they do. Fantastic field position yet again.

dabomb2045
01-16-11, 04:23 PM
Sanchez's inaccuracy has peaked again for the start of this game.

Hopefully the defense can continue to bend but not break, and possibly give these clowns on offense another chance to get their isht together.

Do you think he is playing hurt? Something is up because he's never been as inaccurate as he's been the last two weeks

Snatch Catch
01-16-11, 04:25 PM
Do you think he is playing hurt? Something is up because he's never been as inaccurate as he's been the last two weeks

Sure, but I also think he's pretty shook right now.

machphantom
01-16-11, 04:25 PM
The Jets offense is masterful at being horribly inefficient.

Snatch Catch
01-16-11, 04:27 PM
It's obvious, but Sanchez is really a different QB outside the pocket.

dabomb2045
01-16-11, 04:28 PM
Yes!!!! Nice job offense

MassNYYfan
01-16-11, 04:28 PM
TD Jets! http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1779/skins1zq8.gif <--remember who got you in, dammit. ;) :lol:

dabomb2045
01-16-11, 04:34 PM
Tell u what....brady looks a bit shaky to me today...really ever since the harris pick

Snatch Catch
01-16-11, 04:37 PM
Tell u what....brady looks a bit shaky to me today...really ever since the harris pick

The defense has gotten their act together a bit (there are still plays where Brady has all day), and they've shown much better pressure, but this could very well be another case like the Colts playoff game last year where they look nice for a bit, but then the elite QB figures them out.

Jace
01-16-11, 04:47 PM
Grow some balls and go for it. 4th and 1 on the 40, potential to keep the ball out of bradys hands, you ................ing GO

Snatch Catch
01-16-11, 04:48 PM
Even though they're winning, the offense commits yet another amateurish play when both Braylon and Holmes end up in the same area, and Braylon acts like the best DB on the field. I don't know who's responsible for these mental lapses from a coaching standpoint, but it is embarrasing as hell.

dabomb2045
01-16-11, 04:50 PM
Grow some balls and go for it. 4th and 1 on the 40, potential to keep the ball out of bradys hands, you ................ing GO

Yep I would have went for it there too....u gotta take some chances to win a gam like this

pleasepassthesoup
01-16-11, 04:53 PM

Eh. I don't know. I think the issue is how poorly weatherford punted, not the decision not to go for it. Don't take any unnecessary risks and try to get into the half with the score as is. No need to risk the short field

pleasepassthesoup
01-16-11, 04:55 PM
What a huge turn on that fake punt.

dabomb2045
01-16-11, 04:55 PM
Wow the pats gamble and lose.....a td here would be huge

Snatch Catch
01-16-11, 04:56 PM
Eh. I don't know. I think the issue is how poorly weatherford punted, not the decision not to go for it. Don't take any unnecessary risks and try to get into the half with the score as is. No need to risk the short field

Totally agree.

HUGE break here for the Jets. Please don't squander...

b-ball-lunachick
01-16-11, 04:57 PM
woo hoo - TD jets!! :)

DrNick
01-16-11, 04:57 PM
Nicely done by Edwards

dabomb2045
01-16-11, 04:58 PM
Braylon!!

pleasepassthesoup
01-16-11, 04:58 PM
Nicely done by Edwards

Nice throw by Sanchez, too.

Snatch Catch
01-16-11, 04:59 PM
Edwards shows exactly why, despite all of his douchebaggery and personal troubles teams will not give up on him.

What an extraordinarily physically gifted WR. Goodness.

dabomb2045
01-16-11, 05:04 PM
Pats starting to feel some pressure?? Trying a trick play....guys taking dumb personal foul penalties....Brady looking out of sorts. Verrrrrry interesting.

Jace
01-16-11, 05:06 PM
I havent seen brady look so lost in awhile. those early 3 sacks, especially coleman coming free and nailing him, have him looking around and worrying. He looks like he's wondering when hes gonna get hit instead of where to throw the ball

pleasepassthesoup
01-16-11, 05:07 PM
I havent seen brady look so lost in awhile. those early 3 sacks, especially coleman coming free and nailing him, have him looking around and worrying. He looks like he's wondering when hes gonna get hit instead of where to throw the ball

Rex has done a great job of confusing him, so far. The key is to not rest on it in the 2nd half and keep him off balance.

Jace
01-16-11, 05:08 PM
How good was Revis's coverage of Branch on that throw? Stayed with him completely through every move. so many corners, even when they play perfect coverage like that, forget to make a play on the ball and the receiver brings it in. Revis, obviously, made a play on the ball

pleasepassthesoup
01-16-11, 05:09 PM
How good was Revis's coverage of Branch on that throw? Stayed with him completely through every move. so many corners, even when they play perfect coverage like that, forget to make a play on the ball and the receiver brings it in. Revis, obviously, made a play on the ball

He's just excited that someone is daring to throw at him. He probably gets bored over there.

Jace
01-16-11, 05:11 PM
- LT looks very fresh
- Sanchez was horrific on his first 5 throws and has been on point since
- Coverage has been as good as we've ever seen. And especially on the tight ends, we all know revis will win his matchup, but the LBs and safeties have held hernandez/gronkowski in check
- Woodhead slowed down a lot that second quarter, defenders getting lower to tackle him

This all means nothing if they dont do the same stuff in the second half. This lead is nothing if the patriots get comfortable

Snatch Catch
01-16-11, 05:12 PM
Rex has done a great job of confusing him, so far. The key is to not rest on it in the 2nd half and keep him off balance.

Something else just occured to me. After being fired by the Browns last week, Rob Ryan has surely had plenty of time on his hands.

Lets hope they can weather the storm that is sure to come in the 2nd half...

b-ball-lunachick
01-16-11, 05:15 PM
I wish they didn't miss that field goal...I was hoping through the first the Jets would just hang close and then pull a win out in the end..but it would be great if they could build on this lead...

a strong defensive stand to make them go 3 and out right after the half would be really great..the penalty by Mankins shows their frustration. Need to add to it.

c'mon Jets!!

Bub
01-16-11, 05:20 PM
Looks like football is also a game of inches.

Melan-cynic
01-16-11, 05:21 PM
Edwards shows exactly why, despite all of his douchebaggery and personal troubles teams will not give up on him.

What an extraordinarily physically gifted WR. Goodness.
Exactly what I've been saying since we acquired him. I'd like to hear Mecca eat some crow RE: Edwards right about now.

b-ball-lunachick
01-16-11, 05:21 PM
omg - I'm so excited - trying to keep it in check..I can't imagine how the Jet fans are actually feeling. :D

Bub
01-16-11, 05:23 PM
omg - I'm so excited - trying to keep it in check..I can't imagine how the Jet fans are actually feeling. :DTry eating a Baby Ruth.

Snatch Catch
01-16-11, 05:23 PM
omg - I'm so excited - trying to keep it in check..I can't imagine how the Jet fans are actually feeling. :D

We're feeling exactly like we did at the half of the AFCCG against Indy last year.

pleasepassthesoup
01-16-11, 05:25 PM
Poor play call on 3rd and 5 there.

machphantom
01-16-11, 05:26 PM
We're feeling exactly like we did at the half of the AFCCG against Indy last year.
Yeah we've been on the verge of breaking through and having successful 1st halves many a time before (AFCCCG vs Denver comes to mind), just caused more heartbreak in the end.

Jace
01-16-11, 05:26 PM
3rd and 5 draw play is way too cute. We can't sit on this lead

dabomb2045
01-16-11, 05:27 PM
Hate the third down playcall there

Snatch Catch
01-16-11, 05:27 PM
Poor play call on 3rd and 5 there.

It's all relative, really. If you're comparing it to the average 3rd and 5 playcall by Schotty, it was actually above average.

pleasepassthesoup
01-16-11, 05:29 PM
It's all relative, really. If you're comparing it to the average 3rd and 5 playcall by Schotty, it was actually above average.

I mean, the way they've been running the ball, I don't really have a problem with keeping it on the ground, but it was just so damn vanilla. (which supports your point, I guess)

AMYanks
01-16-11, 05:31 PM
Rex has done a masterful job confusing Brady, and I think the Pats have also done a good job confusing Brady considering, as Simms said, how different their gameplan is from the MNF blowout.

hardrain
01-16-11, 05:33 PM
I wonder what Francesa is thinking right now.

pleasepassthesoup
01-16-11, 05:34 PM

What has he been saying? I haven't listened to the fatman in years.

dabomb2045
This is the first time all season I've seen the jets get a pass rush like this

Snatch Catch

It doesn't matter if they don't hang on to this lead.

AMYanks
01-16-11, 05:35 PM

"Rex has still gaht 2 games ta win. He's naht Cawghlin just yet. Use ya noogin'.

Back afta dis."

MassNYYfan
Keep hitting Brady like that plz :D

Snatch Catch
What has he been saying? I haven't listened to the fatman in years.

He's outright admitted that he can't stand the Jets and Rex Ryan. He has a huge double standard when evaluating the Jets vs. the Giants.

hardrain
01-16-11, 05:36 PM
It doesn't matter if they don't hang on to this lead.

Pittsburgh will be a tougher game than this one.

AMYanks
01-16-11, 05:37 PM
This is the first time all season I've seen the jets get a pass rush like this

Rex is crazy enough to play a vanilla defense all regular season and wait for the postseason. :lol:

hardrain
01-16-11, 05:38 PM
He's outright admitted that he can't stand the Jets and Rex Ryan. He has a huge double standard when evaluating the Jets vs. the Giants.

yep, his objectivity is gone.

machphantom
01-16-11, 05:38 PM
Shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up

Snatch Catch
01-16-11, 05:39 PM

For the Pats or the Jets? Far from over.

hardrain
01-16-11, 05:39 PM

just saying....

Snatch Catch
01-16-11, 05:41 PM
It's being hidden by the fact that they currently hold a lead, but the offense has been squandering and Sanchez again has been enormously innacurate. If he keeps it up it's only a matter of time before he throws a big pick.

C'mon offense, get your act together. The runs were working on that drive, then he goes away from them on 2nd and 6. Damn.

b-ball-lunachick
01-16-11, 05:41 PM
Try eating a Baby Ruth.

:lol: yeah that stopped working a long time ago..thankfully for my hips. :D

b-ball-lunachick
01-16-11, 05:42 PM

I'd like another three cannolis? :D

Jace
01-16-11, 05:42 PM
weatherford has morphed into the worst possible punter. He was good this year, what the ................ is he doing

Jace
01-16-11, 05:44 PM
I dont think sanchez has been innacurate without reason though in these cases. Pressured both times and had to get rid of it

Snatch Catch
01-16-11, 05:50 PM
And here we go. Missed tackles and mistakes on this drive and the Pats are on the doorstep.

Melan-cynic
01-16-11, 05:51 PM
Seriously. You F-ing kidding me dude?

pleasepassthesoup
01-16-11, 05:52 PM
uh oh....

AMYanks
01-16-11, 05:53 PM
Need a long drive that ends with a TD.

dabomb2045
01-16-11, 05:53 PM
Well u knew they were gonna score sooner or later....jets offense def will need at least one more td if they wanna hold onto this game

Snatch Catch
01-16-11, 05:54 PM
I don't care if they go three and out, just don't turn the ball over here.

TheInfallibleOne
le sigh. regroup. hit the TD, and replicate that wall of a defense from the first half. liked it better when brady was 3 and out...

b-ball-lunachick
Need a long drive that ends with a TD.

I wouldn't have minded a run back for a TD but okay..we'll go this route.

Snatch Catch
By the way, the defense is gassed here. I fear the next few Patriot drives.

pleasepassthesoup
01-16-11, 05:56 PM
By the way, the defense is gassed here. I fear the next few Patriot drives.

That's why this drive needs to eat up a good 6-7 minutes.

Melan-cynic
01-16-11, 05:57 PM
I don't care if they go three and out, just don't turn the ball over here.
I care if they 3 and out... The D is sucking wind and a quick series only will only push the momentum further in NE's favor.

TheInfallibleOne
01-16-11, 05:58 PM
THATS what im talkin about.

pleasepassthesoup
01-16-11, 05:58 PM
can't settle for 3 here. need to get it back to a 2 score game.

AMYanks
01-16-11, 06:00 PM
What a catch!

b-ball-lunachick
holy crap what a catch! :)

dabomb2045
Holmes!!! What a response!!!

DrNick
01-16-11, 06:01 PM
What a catch by Holmes

Snatch Catch
Holy mother of God, that's one of the best throw and catches I've ever seen...

Melan-cynic
Spectacular catch.

pleasepassthesoup
Jets receivers look outstanding today.

AMYanks
01-16-11, 06:02 PM
I wanted a long drive, but I'll take that!

Snatch Catch
01-16-11, 06:02 PM
I've been riding Sanchez for his inaccuracy, but that was as good a throw as possible. There was good coverage on Holmes and that was a tiny, tiny window.

b-ball-lunachick
01-16-11, 06:03 PM
Jets D needs to dig deep somehow here...3 and out - let's go.

dabomb2045
What a competitive response that drive was.....wow....great teams answer challenges in that way.

MassNYYfan
It must be nice to have WRs that can catch a ................in football.

dabomb2045
01-16-11, 06:14 PM
I have no idea what the pats are doin on this drive.....using way too much time

dabomb2045
01-16-11, 06:17 PM
Yes!! nice job defense....and Brady missed Branch there. Terrible throw.

pleasepassthesoup
01-16-11, 06:21 PM
Pats did a much better job killing the clock on their drive than the Jets did on theirs.

AMYanks
01-16-11, 06:22 PM
Time for Weatherford to redeem himself.

Melan-cynic
01-16-11, 06:24 PM
Time for Weatherford to redeem himself.
lol. The one time he gets off a good punt the Jets forget to cover the kick.

b-ball-lunachick
01-16-11, 06:26 PM
lol. The one time he gets off a good punt the Jets forget to cover the kick.
how are you lol'ing Ant? I'm not even a jets fan and I'm jumping around, clapping and all nervous! :o

Melan-cynic
01-16-11, 06:30 PM
how are you lol'ing Ant? I'm not even a jets fan and I'm jumping around, clapping and all nervous! :o
It's sarcasm killer. I almost threw my TV out the window on that play.

AMYanks
01-16-11, 06:30 PM
He missed it. Damn two minute warning.

Snatch Catch
01-16-11, 06:31 PM
He missed it. Damn two minute warning. Nah, he heard the whistle and didn't kick it full.

b-ball-lunachick
01-16-11, 06:32 PM
It's sarcasm killer. I almost threw my TV out the window on that play.

ah, okay - gotcha. :D which play?

I'm feeling good about this game now for the Jets...

MassNYYfan
01-16-11, 06:33 PM
:lol: Shayne Graham. Dude....the exaggerated practice kick off all but screamed onside kick was coming.

TheInfallibleOne
01-16-11, 06:34 PM
lmao kicker fail

AMYanks
01-16-11, 06:34 PM
Thank you Cro!

Snatch Catch
01-16-11, 06:36 PM
Hell fvcking yes!!!!!!

b-ball-lunachick
01-16-11, 06:37 PM
okay I think that ref is going to die of the flu or something. :D

don't want to jinx anything here but this is exciting for the Jets. :D

Bub
01-16-11, 06:38 PM
Well, the Jets deserve this for all their trash talking this week.

.......or something they deserve......

Forget it.

b-ball-lunachick
01-16-11, 06:39 PM
Was it me or were they just playing Enter Sandman? :lol: Perfect. :D

Melan-cynic
01-16-11, 06:40 PM
Dear haters: svck it. Sincerely, Jets fans.

TheInfallibleOne
01-16-11, 06:42 PM
"Hey Wes, looks like the shoe is on the other FOOT tonight, eh?"

-Rex Ryan

pleasepassthesoup
01-16-11, 06:44 PM
Beat Rapelesburger.

TheInfallibleOne
01-16-11, 06:45 PM
"Rex, you beat another Nemesis today. Peyton last week and Brady, Welker and the Patriots today. What are you going to do next?"

"I'm gonna go home and rip my wife's shoes RIGHT OFF!"

NJ Fan
Congrats Jets Fans!

Enjoy the W over the Pats...but PLEASE don't walk around screaming J.E.T.S. (in that fake deep voice) at people on the street, in the grocery stores, parking lots, etc. It's kinda obnoxious.

Thanks.

hellonewman
Just wanted to pop in and say this game was awesomeness. Now Welker's got all offseason to think up foot jokes.

Happy golfing BB.

nhyankeefan
Congrats Jets fans! Your team had excellent game plans on both sides of the ball and executed well.

Now go beat Pittsburgh.

AMYanks
01-16-11, 06:47 PM
Never won a game in Pittsburgh. Let's make it 2 in 2 months.

pleasepassthesoup
01-16-11, 06:47 PM
Awesome backflip by Braylon after the game.

b-ball-lunachick
01-16-11, 06:48 PM
Congrats Jets fans! I'm so happy for all you guys (and my brother)! Next up, beat the rapist! J-e-t-s, Jets Jets Jets!! :)

grizy
01-16-11, 06:48 PM
Cromartie and Revis were absolutely tremendous.

CoyoteYankee
01-16-11, 06:50 PM
Wooooooooo hooooooooo!

I couldn't be happier right now!

Snatch Catch
01-16-11, 06:51 PM
I can't believe this...I didn't give them a legitimate, realistic chance to win this game (the statistical probability was there, but that meant nothing to me in this case), but they came through in spades. I couldn't be more stunned or excited. Wow.

It's an unbelievable win, and the icing on the cake is that a New York team has once again halted a Patriots team that was far and away the favorite to win the SB in either division, and a major favorite in the actual game being played. So awesome to know that the snarky Pats fans are totally emotionally destroyed right now, and Brady and Welker are even worse.

Melan-cynic
01-16-11, 06:52 PM
I am going to bask in all the phonies eating their words this week.

hellonewman
01-16-11, 06:54 PM
I am going to bask in all the phonies eating their words this week.Anyone in particular?

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/content/Image/09-05-2008/Mike-Francesa.jpg

Yanks4eva1
01-16-11, 06:54 PM
I am a very very very very happy Jets fan tonight. Count em: 5 sacks, an interception - they sat Tom Brady DOWN - Defense, offense... on FIRE!!!! This was a TRUE team win. Say what you will, but Rex Ryan is the man.

Melan-cynic
01-16-11, 06:56 PM
Anyone in particular?

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/content/Image/09-05-2008/Mike-Francesa.jpg
Public enemy number 1.

MassNYYfan
01-16-11, 06:56 PM
Congrats!

All of America outside of New England rejoices. :lol:

NerfBall55
01-16-11, 07:00 PM
Missed FG, missed fumble recovery (2x), no play action on 2nd to last drive, and basically letting NE score on the last down to give them a slight chance, I really was expecting it to turn out badly. Can't believe it. Awesome stuff.

Jets really could have won this game by 3 TD.

b-ball-lunachick
01-16-11, 07:03 PM
There's something so great about this picture. One man celebrating, and lots of stunned fans in the 4th quarter. :D

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/c4/fullj.a27ed0b22325320a63eb65415ceba7fc/a27ed0b22325320a63eb65415ceba7fc-getty-107923875ch088_divisional_p.jpg

DanB
01-16-11, 07:05 PM
Awesome backflip by Braylon after the game.

awesome backflip, but if I were Ryan I'd be so tempted to fine the crap out of him...wait until after the superbowl.

CoyoteYankee
01-16-11, 07:19 PM
Jeez...Bart Scott is ANGRY! Yikes. I'm LMFAO at his post game interview on ESPN.

b-ball-lunachick
01-16-11, 07:22 PM
Jeez...Bart Scott is ANGRY! Yikes. I'm LMFAO at his post game interview on ESPN.

:lol: SalPal was trying to hold back his laughter. :D

congrats Nicole!! :)

CoyoteYankee
01-16-11, 07:24 PM
:lol: SalPal was trying to hold back his laughter. :D

congrats Nicole!! :):lol: He looked like he wasn't sure what to do. Like, should I keep asking him questions or throw it back to the studio before this guy flips out? Hysterical!

b-ball-lunachick
01-16-11, 07:29 PM
:lol: He looked like he wasn't sure what to do. Like, should I keep asking him questions or throw it back to the studio before this guy flips out? Hysterical!

:lol: yes it was! :D

did you see Antonio Pearce (I still love him :o) saying he hasn't seen Brady hit so much since '07 in Arizona. :lol: I'm thinking a few Pats fans that may be watching are ready to throw their TVs through the wall. :lol:

Soriambi
01-16-11, 07:36 PM

CAN'T WAIT!!!

As for the game: :clap:. That is all for now.

26 and counting
01-16-11, 07:37 PM
Congratulations Jets fans! Beat Pittsburgh.

TheManKnownAsMecca
01-16-11, 07:51 PM
Congrats guys. You thoroughly outplayed the Pats. Good luck next week, the refs seemed to have the Steelers backs yesterday.

R.V.47
01-16-11, 08:01 PM
Almost every time Brady dropped back the coverage was perfect. They really backed up all the talk this week.